Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Bigbillthaboss posted:

isn't the whole "Honk" thing a 4chan meme?

Bigbillthaboss posted:

a goose quacks

These were both extremely common posts by Echoes pubbies back when Gooseflock was unknown and people were wondering why ships were suddenly disappearing in Syndicate, so lmao

(For non-shitlord posters, it may not surprise you to hear that the 'honk = 4chan!!!' posters tended to have plenty of slurs in their chat history)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Bilirubin posted:

I always took it as a Homestuck reference but I don't have any idea what 4chan do or say

I always think if one if the Schmorky skits in Flashtub where that doofus talks about Mario Brothers 2 or something.

Something like the line “Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the dick! HONK!!!”

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Good Dumplings posted:

These were both extremely common posts by Echoes pubbies back when Gooseflock was unknown

never seen a non-Goon person use pubbie, weird

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
hey bbtb did you just forget that Untitled Goose Game was a thing or what

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

Vando posted:

hey bbtb did you just forget that Untitled Goose Game was a thing or what

He's still coming to terms with the fact that the world doesn't revolve around eve goons, give him a minute

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Another one down

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

captainclaw posted:

He's still coming to terms with the fact that the world doesn't revolve around eve goons, give him a minute

I'm still taking in his "Feb 25, 2013", that post is a tiny work of art

TheWeedNumber posted:

Another one down

Holy poo poo yes

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
also apparently PL dudes are mad as gently caress at me for directing FNLN to them and for also badmouthing hedliner to which i can only say: lol

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

TheWeedNumber posted:

Another one down

red salute

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

TheWeedNumber posted:

Another one down

kind of wild that corp name still flies in 2022

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

TheWeedNumber posted:

also apparently PL dudes are mad as gently caress at me for directing FNLN to them and for also badmouthing hedliner to which i can only say: lol

i find it hard to believe that there is a single person who can tolerate hedliner left on the planet

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

i find it hard to believe that there is a single person who can tolerate hedliner left on the planet

I’d say something but then I’d get screencapped and posted all over minusten like a million times lmfao.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WorkerThread posted:

kind of wild that corp name still flies in 2022

snigger is an actual word jfyi

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/snigger

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jul 26, 2022

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

here is the series of events that killed hole squad

0. Dod Kalm, noted drinking buddy of Alexander "the Mittani" Gianturco, goes turbo afk
1. Madcows acts up one too many times and gets banned. People will meme about "falcon srp" but the dude was wildin out all over the place
2. Certified cool dudes and hole squad leadership members Saya and Machine Culture give madcows docking rights to an alliance structure to help him evac his poo poo out of the hole
3. Saya and Machine Culture are banned
4. Nex Dementia, the de facto leader of hole squad, goes ballistic on various alliance leadership figures, gets banned
5. Dod Kalm shows up in a few threads and mewls about "his squad" despite not having logged in even a single time during the goku null static roaming days
6. Most of the useful members of hole squad leave
7. Hole squad limps on and eventually closes

Confirming this is a pretty accurate description of events. It's a drat shame really, we always assumed we would die in a last stand type conflict staring down a "gently caress Goons" style eviction. In the end, space dad left for cigarettes' and forgot the way home, and the teens left home shitposted too close to the sun.

After "The Incident", many of Hole Squads leadership and core members were either kicked, banned, or left of their own accord, disgusted with the way things went down. Personally, i also heavily disagreed with the ridiculousness of it all, but i chose to stay and try to pick up the pieces. We had a meeting after the dust settled to figure out where to go from here. Nearing the end of the meeting, Dod surprised me with the gift of responsibility in the form of director status, and suddenly i found myself neck deep in Hole Squads problems.

The master plan was to return to Goku (our origin C4 wormhole) and recruit new blood to bring the squad back to life, but things would never make it that far. About a week after everything went down, Mitten's gave the order to shut down Hole Squad. The decision was final, with no room to dispute. Halfway through moving assets and men home to Goku, we now had to tear down and evac everything. Though i didn't know the first thing about being a director, i was very versed in wormhole logistics and not getting caught. To that end, i made every effort to help each nerd stuck in limbo get their poo poo packed and into known space. I also had the joy of helping tear down the citadels and local infrastructure of our home. But for my efforts i swiped a very special structure, the 5-17 POS tower "The Toonie Bin", which i was assigned to live in before the age of citadels came around. I still have it.

In about a month, it was done. Goku was empty and the squad was essentially no more. Dod kicked any inactive members out of the corporation, and kept it alive as an alt corp. I stayed to the very end until there was nothing more to be done. And aside from Dod Kalm and his alts, i was the very last member of Hole violence. And that's the final chapter to Hole Squad.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Also whoever called BlazingBunny’s job and talked poo poo about him over all this eve drama is an absolutely disgusting and vile piece of poo poo. Y’all went too far tryna ruin unrelated lives.

TheWeedNumber fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jul 26, 2022

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Good Dumplings posted:

These were both extremely common posts by Echoes pubbies back when Gooseflock was unknown and people were wondering why ships were suddenly disappearing in Syndicate, so lmao

Remembering that nerd crying in reddit about the pirate group "HONK" ruining a major trade route in Syndicate

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Traveller posted:

Remembering that nerd crying in reddit about the pirate group "HONK" ruining a major trade route in Syndicate

Link the post

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

WOW thanks, i didn't know that. i'm sure they just randomly picked it out of the dictionary.

:jerkbag:

DrZepam
Mar 15, 2021

Traveller posted:

These were peak toilet eve days, before bubbles and captors. People afk/offline autopiloting through syndicate in bling gilas and prophecies and getting the notification "Arrived at Target Citadel" was hilarious.

We were camping MHC- every Wednesday with Halenark (the Bombers Bar voice changer dude) and the loot drops were insane.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

being cutesy with that kind of stuff is extremely transparent and lame, kind of like all of the ww2 german naming and iconography that goons love so much

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Listen, 1489 corp is okay, it's just a number and it isn't inspired by that number

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

WorkerThread posted:

being cutesy with that kind of stuff is extremely transparent and lame, kind of like all of the ww2 german naming and iconography that goons love so much

well actually, the nazis were the political party, and the brave and noble and pureblooded german soldifaaaaaaaaaart

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

https://youtu.be/hWIyVRNAxCg

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WorkerThread posted:

WOW thanks, i didn't know that. i'm sure they just randomly picked it out of the dictionary.

:jerkbag:

you're welcome :)

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Potato Salad posted:

Listen, 1489 corp is okay, it's just a number and it isn't inspired by that number

even better, there was an Echoes dude who straight-up had 1488 in his name and tried to claim that "it's the year a Ming dynasty emperor was born"

it turns out that NetEase GMs are actually pretty good when they're not being hideously overworked

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

Yes, and it’s a lovely word no one in the USA uses for obvious reasons.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Nice one dipshit, guess what. Niggardly is also a word in the dictionary unrelated to race.

Would you like to know the number of people who aren't dumb edgelord teens that use this word regularly and name their lovely space guild after it? It's zero.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
Cool let’s hurt a bluff about a PL corp name and ignore the fact someone became irl collateral damage behind our collective bullshit. Love it.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

TheWeedNumber posted:

Cool let’s hurt a bluff about a PL corp name and ignore the fact someone became irl collateral damage behind our collective bullshit. Love it.

who is "our"

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dialhforhero posted:

Yes, and it’s a lovely word no one in the USA uses for obvious reasons.

There are people who speak English outside of the USA so maybe that has a role to play in that word's choice in the corporation name :shrug:

NtotheTC posted:

Nice one dipshit, guess what. Niggardly is also a word in the dictionary unrelated to race.

Would you like to know the number of people who aren't dumb edgelord teens that use this word regularly and name their lovely space guild after it? It's zero.

there's no need to be so upset at me since I was just offering a possible rationale to the name. :shrug:

i mean you are right. i'd liken it to why nobody throws "-waffe" at the end of a word other than their lovely space guild. thankfully it only took some folks until last week to realize that place was not a very good or safe place to be. so that's good and its also good bfm got the boot.

anyway i hope you're not trying to use me explaining an english word that exists to paint me as any form of racist because boy that would be really messed up. :(

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TheWeedNumber posted:

thats messed up

also messed up that this sort of stuff keeps happening in eve online, a video game.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jul 26, 2022

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Mekchu posted:

There are people who speak English outside of the USA so maybe that has a role to play in that word's choice in the corporation name :shrug:

there's no need to be so upset at me since I was just offering a possible rationale to the name. :shrug:

i mean you are right. i'd liken it to why nobody throws "-waffe" at the end of a word other than their lovely space guild. thankfully it only took some folks until last week to realize that place was not a very good or safe place to be. so that's good and its also good bfm got the boot.

anyway i hope you're not trying to use me explaining an english word that exists to paint me as any form of racist because boy that would be really messed up. :(

i don't know you, but if you are giving them the benefit of the doubt or offering a "possible explanation" then at the very least you are extremely credulous and stupid. at worst you understand the dog whistle and are winking along with it.

i would like to hear your thoughts on what speaking english outside the usa has to do with picking that word as the corp name, though

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Mekchu posted:

Yeah no, this is the exact "I'm not being racist" argument that comes up every time a chud uses this and 'niggardly'. It's totally not a tired dogwhistle that hasn't been seen a trillion times before

e:f,b

WorkerThread posted:

i don't know you, but if you are giving them the benefit of the doubt or offering a "possible explanation" then at the very least you are extremely credulous and stupid. at worst you understand the dog whistle and are winking along with it.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

WorkerThread posted:

who is "our"

gently caress off

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

esto es malo posted:

geese branding was possibly the best thing we could have done in echoes and honking in local drives people insane

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

TheWeedNumber posted:

Another one down

about fuckin time

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

unironically calling out the space guilds named after the n-word but won't acknowledge "goosing" refers to a common act of sexual assault, shaking my dang head

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Bad Purchase posted:

unironically calling out the space guilds named after the n-word but won't acknowledge "goosing" refers to a common act of sexual assault, shaking my dang head

Careful you don't hurt yourself stretching that far.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008

WorkerThread posted:

i would like to hear your thoughts on what speaking english outside the usa has to do with picking that word as the corp name, though

Exactly.

How many people even outside of the USA would say (s)niggardly? Zero. The word is archaic at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

constantly spamming "honk", one letter off from honky, the worst slur you can call a white person