Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Supply lines jumping from 2% to 15% was my single most hated change in TW2, it ruined so many swarm factions like Skarsnik and vampires could only get away with it because the skeletons were all free so they didn't mind if the lords and any support was 1000+ per turn in upkeep.

They wanted to solve the problem of 1 main army being followed by 3+ lords soaking experience and acting as elite army thrashers or duelists, but it was the wrong way to do it.

The supply line going back down to 4% is a potentially unintentional nerf of the tomb kings, who were unaffected by the inflated supply lines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carcer
Aug 7, 2010
Just make their basic skeletons suck a bit less. They should be a bit better than VC skeletons anywa.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Carcer posted:

Just make their basic skeletons suck a bit less. They should be a bit better than VC skeletons anywa.

Given that VC units got an across the board buff, it wouldn't be surprising to see TK get it too.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Reik posted:

The supply line going back down to 4% is a potentially unintentional nerf of the tomb kings, who were unaffected by the inflated supply lines.

AI basically ignores supply lines so it would only possibly be a nerf if you are playing a competitive multiplayer campaign.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Ethiser posted:

AI basically ignores supply lines so it would only possibly be a nerf if you are playing a competitive multiplayer campaign.
I think he's saying a nerf to the player, because even if the AI ignores supply lines, as a player it will be so much easier to get off the ground as anyone other than TK.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Gotta say that turning RoC mechanics off entirely makes for a really comfortable baby IE. The campaign is hard as hell but that's because Nurgle has a very different feel then almost any other campaign and I made Kislev my first major enemy, though I did take Pragg and have broken Katarina and Kostalyn's stacks multiple times.

Thinking of using the two big cities as my staging area to pillage hard southwest and get a new outpost buddy: Skragg. Artillery and cavalry is fun no matter the source, right?

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

festus trailer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh49KKpbZxQ

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Jul 26, 2022

Staltran
Jan 3, 2013

Fallen Rib
Bretonnia doesn't have supply lines either, do they?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Festus article:
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-introducing-festus/

He has a toggleable aura that switches between healing and damage. His faction bonuses are pretty standard Nurgle mechanics, except his army has an increased healing cap. I don’t think that has been varied before.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

As a Goon I feel very seen by the inclusion of Festus

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

His model is awesome, as is that War Shrine. If he really gets to switch between toggleable AoE healing and a mortis effect that seems really good? A tough infantry wizard of a good lore of magic with a mortis effect sounds like hell to bring down.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Those Nurgle chaos warriors are way too clean looking. Also Festus looks like he will play as I thought I thought he would, just a small kugath.

I do like his little buddy and rear end- tentacle holding his staff though.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Looks pretty good! I imagine with Azazel being the first example of the Champions DLC, we won't have as many surprises with the other three reveals. His plagues might be cooked up Grom-style with artifacts, which could be a neat spin on the mechanic.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

CA accidentally published the Lets Play, some intrepid souls managed to save it and have been posting screen grabs.

Festus starts in Bretonnia apparently.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Festus will start in the Brass Keep in IE.

https://mobile.twitter.com/totalwar/status/1551940835633242114

Edit:

99pct of germs posted:

CA accidentally published the Lets Play, some intrepid souls managed to save it and have been posting screen grabs.

Festus starts in Bretonnia apparently.

Hold up, what?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/316435/festus-lets-play#Comment_3449811
Here’s the thread on the Total War forums where they posted this. They nuked the video. They might have extended the RoC map westward?

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jul 26, 2022

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
those nurgle warriors look sick

Empire start is interesting. I'm sure it will be fun as the player but I imagine he'll get eaten alive by Karl, Tod, Katarin, etc., as AI.

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Dr Christmas posted:

Hold up, what?

https://forums.totalwar.com/discussion/316435/festus-lets-play#Comment_3449811
Here’s the thread on the Total War forums where they posted this. They nuked the video. They might have extended the RoC map westward?

I believe the latter is correct, it looks like they filled in that part of the RoC map.

edit: Yeah he starts on Albion in the Citadel of Lead on the RoC.

99pct of germs fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Jul 26, 2022

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

This is a fun sync kill

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Anno posted:

This is a fun sync kill

That is horrifying and amazing.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why is Festus bigger than an ogre? He's way more disturbing as a regular humanish-sized dude who still looks like that and does the same things.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Why is Festus bigger than an ogre? He's way more disturbing as a regular humanish-sized dude who still looks like that and does the same things.

He’s fighting the empires new unit, child spearboys.

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est
If you haven't seen Festus' tabletop model, it's very much like that sync kill, just dissolving someone's face off

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Recycled assets but it was pretty fun that his little helper picked up part of a Lizardman artifact and he waved it away.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
Leaked Festus stats:

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eADssHrl8Rc

somebody got the whole let's play before it got nuked. looks pretty decent, but i guess if you want better quality you can wait till tomorrow.

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Aurubin posted:

Recycled assets but it was pretty fun that his little helper picked up part of a Lizardman artifact and he waved it away.

It was an easter egg. The helmet came from the Beastman announcement and the gyrocopter from the Dawi announcement, while the lizardman thing was from the Noctilus trailer.

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

I love that little blue guy! He's just so happy to help and stuff! :3:

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Some more interesting things from that thread;
-Generic chaos wizard lords get Warshrines as a mount option.
-The expanded map has Albion and the Marches of Courrone. Maybe Louen is there?
-Festus has a unique tech tree. There’s a tech highlighted that unlocks Chaos Knights for warbands and gives them magical attacks
-Festus uses both the WoC souls resource and the Nurgle Infections resource
-The dark fortress hub building provides allegiance points for vassals, so they really want to make that system work
-At least some of the troop upgrading system requires your units to reach a certain rank
-Festus reached a non-aggression pact with a Greenskin faction, so WoC will be less omnicidal than daemons.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Jul 26, 2022

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

DeathSandwich posted:

Given that VC units got an across the board buff, it wouldn't be surprising to see TK get it too.
They did, the changes aren't as big as VC but they did get a significant leadership buff across the board. It didn't get as much coverage as the VC changes but some intrepid nerd did make a big list of every change noticed in videos so far: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Iiy0XOAhxtzLjf7c2orzyrXpDaNxMiC0F720EeDB--U/edit

Oh also Realm of Souls now resets to 0 after being used at level 3 and can loop multiple times, though I imagine that's mostly a domination MP thing.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Jul 26, 2022

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Leaked Festus stats:

Not a terribly killy lord, though that makes sense given that he sends to skew more toward troop support and splash damage and I'm guessing a plague wizard

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

DeathSandwich posted:

Not a terribly killy lord, though that makes sense given that he sends to skew more toward troop support and splash damage and I'm guessing a plague wizard

And a walking mortis engine. He's a wizard as far as duels are concerned but may wipe people in melee

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Grumio posted:

If you haven't seen Festus' tabletop model, it's very much like that sync kill, just dissolving someone's face off

This. it rules

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

All Lords are pretty big. Look at Karl Franz

Grumio
Sep 20, 2001

in culina est

grobbo
May 29, 2014
Slightly worrying that Festus didn't figure that out until midway through his invasion, to be honest.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Wonder why they're tacking on just Couronne and Albion and not the rest of Bretonnia. Makes Skrag seem a little boxed in, starting with basically one direction to go in.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Aurubin posted:

Wonder why they're tacking on just Couronne and Albion and not the rest of Bretonnia. Makes Skrag seem a little boxed in, starting with basically one direction to go in.
The factions they are adding are being put on land that was already on the map. They arent actually expanding the dimensions of the map, they are just adding more playable territory to what already exists. The only parts of Bwettonia on the map is Courrone.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
I just realized Festus as a unit has a very similar setup to two other lords: The Fay Enchantress and Hellman Ghorst.

All can have a Mortis engine, though not the best combat stats, and have access to a lore of magic with healing. If the Fay Enchantress was slow they would practically be triplets.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Whoops wrong yhread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Eastbound Spider posted:

I love that little blue guy! He's just so happy to help and stuff! :3:

i was very concerned that the Little Man might not make it in, but CA has pulled it off and hes there in all his glory. festus without his little man is no festus at all, hes been in every incarnation

i hope festus is fun to play because his face is probably my favourite of any nurgle unit