Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Why do you read this thread anyway?
This poll is closed.
I enjoy reading contemporary newspaper comics. 64 26.02%
I hate reading contemporary newspaper comics. 42 17.07%
I enjoy reading historical newspaper comics. 88 35.77%
I enjoy reading newspaper comics from foreign countries. 52 21.14%
Total: 246 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Jesus Louisus, not wanting to be friends with the dude who dumped you so he could gently caress his patients is not some huge character flaw. Being a Weston is, but that's a different matter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ellie the beep
Jun 15, 2007

Vaginas, my subject.
Plane hulls, my medium.

Some Guy TT posted:

Cheer Up Boss Dharma

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCPsT0mU4so

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
2018 Spiderman

1980 comics

Tiny Arms Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

This would have been on the oldies twenty years ago, c'mon.

Doll House Ghost
Jun 18, 2011

There's a excellent book about this called The Expedition: A Love Story. The writer Bea Uusma goes hard to track how and why did they die exactly. Highly recommend tracking it down.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
In today's slightly extended because someone, and I'm not going to point fingers, forgot to post the cover page Blueberry: Josephine Baker nods approvingly, or Now, I have no idea if any rituals here are anything close to actual Navajo spiritual beliefs... but I'm going to guess 'no', or The only time when the 'needs of the many outweigh...' speech works, i.e. when it is the few who are stating it

And as promised, the cover page:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

Schwarzwald posted:

:lol: this is easily the most abrupt of Foster's segues between story lines I can remember

Obviously Foster had to make a sudden shift so he could squeeze a stolen test page into the story!

Vintage Valiant (Jun. 08, 1952)

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"Oh. I'm not dying."

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I forgot to check this thread for three weeks and oh my god this Luann story is still going

Val owns. Crabgrass owns. Wallace owns. Heart is good. Tombat needs to be banned from writing implements for the rest of his natural life.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Previously: Ronnie and Kat are still engaged - for now - and Abbey is under suspicion of burning down her bed-and-breakfast for the insurance money.

Meanwhile, the deputy mayor is getting sick of his boss.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Oh gods... I did the same thing last week except for the last panel because I knew I was listening to a "rock classics" station. I feel so dirty and the dirt's not coming off! :gonk:

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Strontium posted:

Take It From the Tinkersons

how DARE bill bettwy doxx me at the golf course

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
"No, it's a virus. I want to personally see it wreck your computer" made me laugh way too hard.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 7/25/02

Brenda Starr 2/24-26/49

Did you like yesterday's strips, where Brenda stood up for her right to be treated the same as her male colleague when it came to getting juicy out-of-town assignments? [gottfried]YOU FOOL.[/gottfried]

Smokey Stover 3/6/49

Everyday Movies 5/21/35

"But if we broke our lease it'd be a problem what to do with the furniture."

Selachian fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Jul 26, 2022

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Poil posted:

Oh gods... I did the same thing last week except for the last panel because I knew I was listening to a "rock classics" station. I feel so dirty and the dirt's not coming off! :gonk:

There's no shame in being a Boomer as long as you aren't an Ed.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Kavak posted:

There's no shame in being a Boomer as long as you aren't an Ed.
But I'm only 37. That's early middle age and boomers are more mid or late middle age and up, right? RIGHT?!?

Poil fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Jul 26, 2022

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1947

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Poil posted:

But I'm only 37. That's early middle age and boomers are more mid or late middle age and up, right? RIGHT?!?
What a coincidence, the song is also 37!

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

:ironicat:Curtis:ironicat:

Cool, now do Michelle!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Quote is not edit.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Poil posted:

When I heard 101.1 FM in Vancouver, a station that I had always known as "Classic Rock 101", play a Nickelback track, I knew I was officially An Old to those kids these days.

Embrace it.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Haifisch posted:

1980 comics

And then all the other parents look around nervously, because their kids are doing just fine in school. Also, once again the Roma slur appears.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

L-Innsikt

Zelda

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
A+J

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

Nextdoor.jpg

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Bear count: 2

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

really want to see if he can stretch this a whole week

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Just Asking Questions About Ethics In Digital Animal Comedy

Sinners in the Eyes of an Angry Bugs

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Solver Autumn Special

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Steeple website

John Allison posted:

Glenn and Lottie are not the only residents of this Bole Hill bolthole. I’m afraid you’ll have to wait until the next episode of Solver to find out who else dwells within.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Skippy (October 10, 1934)

Peanuts (July 29, 1975)

Funky Winkerbean, guest-starring the fools errand of trying to lock down a TomBat timeline.

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (February 24, 1939)

Out Our Way (June 5-7, 1975)

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Julet Esqu posted:

Jesus Louisus, not wanting to be friends with the dude who dumped you so he could gently caress his patients is not some huge character flaw. Being a Weston is, but that's a different matter.

Thought it would be fire, infestation, theft, or police raid ending this business... but now my money's on the Home-Owners' Association.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

maltesh posted:

Thought it would be fire, infestation, theft, or police raid ending this business... but now my money's on the Home-Owners' Association.

I'll take 'Daddy' in the pool.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

Thranguy posted:

I'll take 'Daddy' in the pool.

Comic Strips 2022: I'll take 'Daddy' in the pool.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I'm gonna guess that Batiuk was absolutely going to do a Sunday "homage" asswipe Prince Valiant strip but realized he doesn't have even a modicum of the talent required to kinda sorta maybe make it look like a PV strip and rightfully trashed the idea and moved on to more Geritol Follies starring Hack Turdy and Ham "The Hand" Lee

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Calaveron posted:

So I'm gonna guess that Batiuk was absolutely going to do a Sunday "homage" asswipe Prince Valiant strip but realized he doesn't have even a modicum of the talent required to kinda sorta maybe make it look like a PV strip and rightfully trashed the idea and moved on to more Geritol Follies starring Hack Turdy and Ham "The Hand" Lee

I like to imagine he got an angry phone call from Schultz- one of those cartoon calls where there's just a bunch of angry garbled noises on the other end.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Vargo posted:

:ironicat:Curtis:ironicat:

Cool, now do Michelle!
I'll give Curtis this much: the guy's reaction to a tiny dog was 'aww hey tiny fella' rather than 'ewww, a rat, ugh, my masculinity suffers from its presence.'

EasyEW posted:

Out Our Way (June 5-7, 1975)

Kid already has a firm grasp of externalities; the little shithead'll go far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard

Monty

For Better or For Worse

Classic Arlo and Janis (August 18, 2000)

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens