Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

What kind of elves? Lord of the rings or Santa's workshop?

What a terrible fuckin snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Visible Stink
Mar 31, 2010

Got a light, handsome?

Jestery posted:

While I agree it's perhaps a bit over the top

But as a anthropological standpoint, this is Australia adapting to medical weed and heading towards rec

I think its probably a big enough topic that it deserves its own thread in TCC or The Goon Doctor, but I dont have a problem with it all

I was high when I made that :ssh:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Visible Stink posted:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
wow cant believe toadie showed his hole on neighbours

Aware
Nov 18, 2003
I dislike weed, the smell, the taste and being stoned. There I said it.

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
that copper head thing looks cool but then i take a hit and look at my beautiful boy and think you know what maybe this is fine as is

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Aware posted:

A reasonable take.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

The 7+ app has a live channel that plays Border Security 24/7

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Carth Dookie posted:

What kind of elves? Lord of the rings or Santa's workshop?

What a terrible fuckin snipe.

The machine elves, the five dimensional beings that live behind the chrysanthemum of perception.

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

Aware posted:

Sucks for you, it's the best alternative to grog for unwinding after work.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lube Enthusiast posted:

I'm not going to judge someone if they like border security but it's pretty sus to like border security

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST

Lube Enthusiast posted:

i dont get that show, are you supposed to cheer for the surveillance state or what

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Elissimpark posted:

The machine elves, the five dimensional beings that live behind the chrysanthemum of perception.

I would like to know more about these elves.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

maxe posted:

i dont get that show, are you supposed to cheer for the surveillance state or what

Pretty much. It's made to rile up people so they have plenty of examples of those dodgy foreigners coming in and breaking all the rules.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ falling asleep to Border Security, waking up thrashing side to side while murmuring about stuff he can’t pack

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Aware posted:

Same

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

Carth Dookie posted:

Someone get the video....

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Lube Enthusiast posted:

NVJ falling asleep to Border Security, waking up thrashing side to side while murmuring about stuff he can’t pack

NVJ trains the staff to speak loudly and slowly while gesturing with the Asian travellers

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

I told child I see regularly about soup opera, the old stop motion fresh fruit thing

They came up to me and said "SSSUBOVERRRAAAAAA"

They had clearly in their own time binged it all

Very cool

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
NVJ runs a 3 day alien abduction course in the car park of the Chullora Red Rooster

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

NVJ directs traffic in the maccas drive thru where the 2 lanes converge

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Carth Dookie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdJ260Dkdrs

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
the mescaline crabs are better just by being crabs

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

The Strokes were really amazing, they sounded just great and the lightshow was awesome. The Chats were poorly mixed and disappointing, the guitar was too loud with too much high end and I couldn't hear the vocals at all. I had such a good time at the strokes though.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
my experiences with DMT were that I was being examined whenever I closed my eyes but then I would open them and forget about that entirely and when I closed my eyes again I would freak out because I would remember all over again that I was being watched from within my own mind. No communication took place. It kind of felt like I was in a zoo.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I remember looking at some lawn and being like "i totally get how this stuff works"

Beardcrumb
Sep 24, 2018

An absolute gronk with a face like a chewed mango.

maxe posted:

+1 for safety razors. i switched to one from these guys and never looked back. Costs less than a pack of replacement heads for the mach3 i used for years, works better , cheaper blades so i'm more likely to replace them, etc etc highly recommend. Get a tub of cream and a badger brush and make a nice lil grooming session out of it

let me know what kind of difference the titanium makes, im keen to accessorise my vape like its a 98 Lancer GLXi

This. I have a full beard but need to give the neck and cheeks a good clean up every few days to not look like a complete savage. Once I switched to a safety razor with packs of 10c razor blades I never looked back. I can't believe I ever spent money on those 5-blade Gillette extra super glide baby's arse 3000s or whatever they come up with next.

I tried a straight razor once bit I'm too poo poo scared about slicing my neck open so I ditched that idea.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
somerton man is a lovelorn nerd from footscray

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Finally started clearing some of the raised beds. I'm not sure whether I will leave them where they are or relocate them, but it feels good to be "gardening" again.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Visible Stink posted:

I think its probably a big enough topic that it deserves its own thread in TCC or The Goon Doctor, but I dont have a problem with it all

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree

If this carrys on and begins to dominate discourse I'll make the thread

If any thread people have any feelings about this, please feel free to PM , or just let me know in thread and I'll happily sort it out

:)

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
somerton man died of the scromits

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I got a mighty medic which I've named Dr William (medical billies). Waiting for my tga to go through so I can suck on the doctor. Keen to see how off the hook some 20% Afghan Kush is compared to Bundaberg Bush Weed TM

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

Also got a new instant pot as we're about to start renovating the kitchen and won't have a kitchen for about 2 months

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

McSpergin posted:

Also got a new instant pot as we're about to start renovating the kitchen and won't have a kitchen for about 2 months

Pressure cookers are some god tier poo poo

Highly recommended

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Jestery posted:

Pressure cookers are some god tier poo poo

Highly recommended

Pressure cooker risotto is such a better way to cook it, it feels like cheating.

bell jar
Feb 25, 2009

My weed's been shipped, dynavap's been shipped, all that's left is to camp outside my postbox until the postie comes

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

bell jar posted:

My weed's been shipped, dynavap's been shipped, all that's left is to camp outside my postbox until the postie comes

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Fucken postie keeps doing skids on my lawn and is leaving a big rut.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

quote:

The night sky is set to be illuminated by a trio of meteor showers – the Piscis Austrinids, the Southern Delta Aquariids and the Alpha Capricornids – that will peak later this week.

The meteor showers coincide with the dark night sky of a new moon on 29 July, providing ideal viewing conditions.

The Piscis Austrinids meteor shower is expected to peak first, on 28 July, while the Southern Delta Aquariids and the Alpha Capricornids will peak on 30 July. The peak period lasts about 48 hours.

The Southern Delta Aquariids will have the most meteors, with up to 20 an hour at the peak, according to Prof Orsola De Marco from Macquarie University.

The Piscis Austrinids and the Alpha Capricornids have a comparatively low shower rate, of five and four meteors an hour respectively, De Marco said.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jul/27/trio-of-meteor-showers-set-to-dazzle-in-australias-skies-heres-when-and-where-to-look

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Airstream Driver posted:

Fucken postie keeps doing skids on my lawn and is leaving a big rut.

this is a really common thing and has been a huge pain in the rear end with the heavy rain we got this year to the extent that the neighbour across the road from me bought a fucktonne of big witches hats and put them on his nature strip to cut off access to those took took things they drive in places without footpaths which tbh sounds like a great way to not get your mail delivered but I respect the sentiment. TBH I think if you're in a city council area you probably pay enough rates to have a fuckin footpath and as someone with dogshit knee problems it shits me that I have to walk on the road for my morning walks but thats a whole other rant