Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

Empty Sandwich posted:

I just remembered that

weed is legal in Canada

To be fair, smoking up in the kitchen itself is a no-no, it's as filthy as smoking a cigarette in the kitchen. There's a huge difference between smoking IN the premises and ON the premises

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

We recently rode the Chicago Metro and sometimes the weed stank of someone's clothes was so powerful we had to switch cars.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lot of line cooks on the subway

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

peanut posted:

We recently rode the Chicago Metro and sometimes the weed stank of someone's clothes was so powerful we had to switch cars.

weird i dont see a nathen tweet like this

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
i'd be sniffing the weed smell man and tell him he smells simply scrumptious because i'm cool and down to party

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

dr_rat posted:

See there was something! Ye of little faith, has Garfield every let you down!!!

I am undone.

Eagerly waiting for confession #2.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Hashish? The wacky tobaccy? Dope? Mary Jane? Giggle smoke? Goof butts? Jazz cigarettes???

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
rich cokehead absolutely disgusted with poor weed smoker

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Elephant Ambush posted:

That's not a confession

Even if it were, it definitely doesn’t qualify as “HUGE”

Disappointing, my entergagement levels are starting to slip

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Scientastic posted:

Even if it were, it definitely doesn’t qualify as “HUGE”

Disappointing, my entergagement levels are starting to slip

Get Entergaged, or Die Tryin'

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009
Maybe confession part 2 is that he never hired a replacement cook.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Confession 2: Nathen is actually the real Jim Davis.

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

garfieldeats was at the confluence of 2 weed stores and 1 store that sold balloons

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Nathen has a suite of problems that, in book form, would make Marcel Proust seem like a children's book author, but one thing he never fails to do is keep us on the edges of our seats and entergaged to hell and back

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

id say its like pagliacci but really its more like if pagliacci also opened a lovely pizza parlor

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
most line cooks i know are ketamine addicts or drunks

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kntfkr posted:

Bad coke/meth from my experience - also alcohol

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

kntfkr posted:

at my old place my ex and i were walking around and we happened upon the head chef of our local pub basically firing one of his line cooks out in public because he showed up in the kitchen drunk the night before

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My friend is a nurse in a public high school and she said that so many kids have discreet vape pens now that the hallway just always smells like weed.

edit: Nathen sucks for firing that guy but it is on brand.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

not on my train!

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Seth Pecksniff posted:

at my old place my ex and i were walking around and we happened upon the head chef of our local pub basically firing one of his line cooks out in public because he showed up in the kitchen drunk the night before

He wasn't a high functioning addict enough. In the industry a lot of people can only do these ridiculously demanding hours with drugs and then drink to take the edge off. There's exceptions, of course.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i'm guessing cos he ain't got nobody to listen to.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

SmurfEATS

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Because of how you've eschewed the green?

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Unless we get to eat the smufs I'm not interested.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

dr_rat posted:

Become the Gargamel you wish to see in the world.

Escape From Noise
Jul 27, 2004

Blueman Groupon

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

smurffin, the trademark blue muffin delivery service

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

kntfkr posted:

edit: Nathen sucks for firing that guy but it is on brand.

Ugh, I feel like an old stick in the mud for saying this and agreeing with Nathen, but smoking in a restaurant kitchen is not okay. It's dangerous and unhygienic, not to mention you're in a place of business, not your buddy's kitchen or backyard barbecue. Smoke/vape outside whether it's tobacco or weed

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

dr_rat posted:

It will just be normal food covered in ugly blue sauce and all the cheese will be blue cheese because Nathen doesn't know blue cheese isn't actually blue.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Big restaurant cheesemonsters not providing #true #blue #cheese

Not farm2plate blue it's a NO from me

#scam

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Blues Clues lasagna with signature orange sauce

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Ugh, I feel like an old stick in the mud for saying this and agreeing with Nathen, but smoking in a restaurant kitchen is not okay. It's dangerous and unhygienic, not to mention you're in a place of business, not your buddy's kitchen or backyard barbecue. Smoke/vape outside whether it's tobacco or weed

Yeah, true but his reasoning is definitely that marijuana and hashish are haram, more so than any hygienic concern.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I like the new host of blue's clues.

Matlack Radio
Jun 2, 2006

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Impossible, meaningless!

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Escape From Noise posted:

Become the Gargamel you wish to see in the world.
:hmmyes:

Yaldabaoth posted:

...all the cheese will be blue cheese because Nathen doesn't know blue cheese isn't actually blue.
In defense of anyone who's made this mistake, who ever named a cheese that clearly wasn't blue, blue cheese was clearly either colour blind or just loving with people.
(I also 100% don't care what the reason behind the name is. It's still stupid. Don't @ me with it!)

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

If I recall correctly, for a great while the line cook was also working the cash register, cleaning the kitchen, sweeping the sidewalk out front, helping people with the Byzantine ordering system on the lone iPad, prepping the food, etc.

Don't make it sound like you had more than one or two people working for you that you paid minimum wage for (if even that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

STOP MAKING THAT loving FACE YOU GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKER! STOP IT!!