Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

Bad Purchase posted:

constantly spamming "honk", one letter off from honky, the worst slur you can call a white person

ooh yeah this was the other one that Echoes chuds would post in the early days too, you could basically make a bingo card with the stuff they'd complain about while being in a corp named "CHINA MAN BAD"

(they got really mad on Reddit when their "I'm not touching you" justification didn't work and they got forced to namechange that)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
someone crosspost the big dump of nazi poo poo airbus found when he infiltrated the 4chan corp [R34]

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

the real reason i don't like the goose stuff is because i attended AGDQ in jan 2020 right after untitled goose game came out, and i spent a week listening to a room full of nerds shouting "HONK" every 5 minutes.

it was good harmless fun at first, but it got so overused (not just there, but everywhere for a while) it's now in the category of "the cake is a lie" in my brain.

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Bad Purchase posted:

it was good harmless fun at first, but it got so overused (not just there, but everywhere for a while) it's now in the category of "the cake is a lie" in my brain.

I don't have the same association with "honk", but I went to a Huge Nerd College when Portal came out so I get this feeling.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Kaysette posted:

someone crosspost the big dump of nazi poo poo airbus found when he infiltrated the 4chan corp [R34]

no don't

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
I was part of the whole startup of GooseFleet in Eve Echos and the utter insanity of the first weeks drove me to quit in horror. They speed-ran years of GoonSwarm history in *days*.

It's all in my Discord history somewhere

Ah logs from:
KrisWolfe
Pharnakes
SonBanana
Valador

Names from the past

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 26, 2022

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

WorkerThread posted:

i don't know you, but if you are giving them the benefit of the doubt or offering a "possible explanation" then at the very least you are extremely credulous and stupid. at worst you understand the dog whistle and are winking along with it.

i would like to hear your thoughts on what speaking english outside the usa has to do with picking that word as the corp name, though

Good Dumplings posted:

Yeah no, this is the exact "I'm not being racist" argument that comes up every time a chud uses this and 'niggardly'. It's totally not a tired dogwhistle that hasn't been seen a trillion times before

lol, just loving lol

dialhforhero posted:

How many people even outside of the USA would say (s)niggardly? Zero. The word is archaic at best.

that actually happens more than you'd think, especially in esl situations not to mention people who were raised in non-american centric culture that also speak english.

weird this became the focus of discussion for y'all and not the whole "person got doxxed again, somehow in relation to all the EVE stuff being posted itt"

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The corp was created by Americans and while I didn't encounter any screaming racist behaviour 15 years ago as a member I'm p sure it was exactly picked as a "lol look how we use the words we can't say" edgy name, so maybe it's time to stop all this weird equivocation.

e: it's the focus of attention because what do you want us to say? "oh jeez this story I have no details of at all is definitely our fault somehow, let us commence the self-flagellation forthwith"?

e2: edited bc I said there was no racism around the corp back then but there almost definitely was so not gonna stand by that statement even a little bit

Vando fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 26, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there
Which corp kept 1488 units of gas in cargo in the AT again?

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

Mekchu posted:

lol, just loving lol

that actually happens more than you'd think, especially in esl situations not to mention people who were raised in non-american centric culture that also speak english.

weird this became the focus of discussion for y'all and not the whole "person got doxxed again, somehow in relation to all the EVE stuff being posted itt"

:goofy:

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vando posted:

The corp was created by Americans and while I didn't encounter any screaming racist behaviour 15 years ago as a member I'm p sure it was exactly picked as a "lol look how we use the words we can't say" edgy name, so maybe it's time to stop all this weird equivocation.

e: it's the focus of attention because what do you want us to say? "oh jeez this story I have no details of at all is definitely our fault somehow, let us commence the self-flagellation forthwith"?

then there you go, mystery solved. if only effort was put towards requesting ccp change it because of the problematic word insted.

or actually caring about someone being doxxed in relation to EVE Goons, again

Rust Martialis posted:

Which corp kept 1488 units of gas in cargo in the AT again?

TISHU

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Jul 26, 2022

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about

Mekchu posted:

then there you go, mystery solved. if only effort was put towards requesting ccp change it because of the problematic word insted.

It has been petitioned before but I think dismissed as a sour internet grapes thing, probably worth another shot now though after everything.

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself
Like there are things I can understand getting upset about but "that corp was named 15 years ago to be slightly race baity and now I'm terribly offended" has to be near the bottom of the list, right?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Vando posted:

e2: edited bc I said there was no racism around the corp back then but there almost definitely was so not gonna stand by that statement even a little bit

I was asked not to share screens so I’m not gonna. The important details were in my post. Calling someone’s job and running your mouth about them, especially when it’s lies, is more than simply hosed up. poo poo is atrocious b and it’s winning us no favors. I hope to god it wasn’t a goon who made that call.

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

sheepdemon posted:

Like there are things I can understand getting upset about but "that corp was named 15 years ago to be slightly race baity and now I'm terribly offended" has to be near the bottom of the list, right?

you're right, it's extremely weird i made an offhand comment about that dogwhistle corp name. the lineup of posters leaping to their defense is normal, though.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
When I say "no details" I mean like that it was anything to do with anyone posting here. I don't think we need to know exactly what happened to the victim to know it's obviously hosed up.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
This poo poo just has me mad and drained. I’m gonna lay the gently caress down and nap before the next op. Deuces for now.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

TheWeedNumber posted:

This poo poo just has me mad and drained. I’m gonna lay the gently caress down and nap before the next op. Deuces for now.

It's ok, doxxing is the kind of poo poo that would get on anyone. And no, I seriously doubt it's any SA goons since the only people who even know how to IRL stalk people are digi and other kiwi farms-level shitlords.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Feliday Melody posted:

This goose stuff for the last few pages has been pretty great.

Please explain what 'Goose' is and why I should care. Asking for a friend.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
It’ll be some Reddit publord twat.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

seems like nothing but trouble comes out of reddit, and it makes me wonder, why isn’t anyone doing something about it?

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

RazNation posted:

Please explain what 'Goose' is and why I should care. Asking for a friend.
A goose (pl: geese) is a bird of any of several waterfowl species in the family Anatidae. This group comprises the genera Anser (the grey geese and white geese) and Branta (the black geese). Some other birds, mostly related to the shelducks, have "goose" as part of their names.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Reddit is insane, anyone can set up a subreddit no matter the qualification so when you end up with one set up by an idiot who makes other idiots mods all the sane people want nothing to do with it, and this is true for about most of the subreddits.

r/ballpython The newbie guide has a mod very carefully and in great detail instructing people how to create a box that will burn down your house. Anyone who ever questions attaching a non-ceramic light bulb holder with a 150w bulb in it to a plastic really useful box is hounded off the subreddit for “gatekeeping”

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
well it's official, stream sniping is not allowed.

RazNation
Aug 5, 2015

Bad Purchase posted:

constantly spamming "honk", one letter off from honky, the worst slur you can call a white person

I don't know. I do not think I have ever seen a white person get red-misted in the panties when called that name.

Maybe it means something to a redneck who has social issues but then having a person dropping the N word seems to be a huge no-no but when a black person does it, nothing is said.

I'm confused.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

RazNation posted:

I'm confused.

that much is clear

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

please don’t call me the h-word anymore, i’m begging you

or the k-word either

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Well I have spent enough time trying to figure out what red-misted in the panties means, time to move to line 2 of the post and see I can find some clarity

sheepdemon
Feb 15, 2004

. . . before turning the gun on himself

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

well it's official, stream sniping is not allowed.

Since when? Some of the most fun I had in this game was dropping on idiots mining on stream with no blocker for their system name.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

Well I have spent enough time trying to figure out what red-misted in the panties means, time to move to line 2 of the post and see I can find some clarity

He’s saying that people who get periods are hysterical woke lefties OP.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

RazNation posted:

I don't know. I do not think I have ever seen a white person get red-misted in the panties when called that name.

Maybe it means something to a redneck who has social issues but then having a person dropping the N word seems to be a huge no-no but when a black person does it, nothing is said.

I'm confused.

Doesn't this forum have a minimum age to post?

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

GOOD TIMES ON METH posted:

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

RazNation posted:

I'm confused.

lmao

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

That Works posted:

Doesn't this forum have a minimum age to post?

Unable to craft suitable remark about concerns about SA mods enforcing minimum age restrictions, distracted by "wtf were they thinking making that 'red-misted in panties' comment", sorry.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

RazNation posted:

but when a black person does it

Powerful post/rap sheet combo

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Rust Martialis posted:

Powerful post/rap sheet combo

I just saw that post and oh boi

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
So, do I need to drop a goatse ban me thread in goonfleet forums? I still have vacation access, but I don't know how to cut myself out of it completely.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
Thank you. But this post has already been reported recently!

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Mekchu posted:

lol, just loving lol

I am amazed at how much you are willing to die on this stupid hill.

Cognitive Linguistics is real and even if word meaning is entirely different, some words die and it’s okay if they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

sheepdemon posted:

Since when? Some of the most fun I had in this game was dropping on idiots mining on stream with no blocker for their system name.

since 4 days ago, confirmed via email by GM IceCream.