Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VictualSquid
Feb 29, 2012

Gently enveloping the target with indiscriminate love.

I am mostly shocked that the victim wasn't Sasha grischuk. For context there is a famous video of him almost getting punched in the face by a similar robot. Then I was looking for that video and found several incidents of him getting almost punched by similar robots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

They know what he's been saying about them? He's hosed.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/wapplehouse/status/1550683100484718594

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

The reporter's name is quite dandy too.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Your pants catch on fire one time, and nobody ever believes you again

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

By popular demand posted:

The reporter's name is quite dandy too.

Mailonline is the name of the estate

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

titties posted:

:siren: ACTUALLY :siren: all factoids are false because a factoid is something that resembles a fact except for the "being true" part

This post is itself a factoid

Many things have multiple similar uses!

Could really use a :ironicat: + :eng101: here

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

a factoid is a fact traveling through the earth's atmosphere that hasn't hit the surface yet

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shifty Nipples posted:

a factoid is a fact traveling through the earth's atmosphere that hasn't hit the surface yet

Once it hits it's just a fact, aight

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Shifty Nipples posted:

A factoid is a claim which wears the truth's clothing.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

I've seen the suggestion of using 'factlet' for trivial or unimportant (but possibly true) information, but it doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

I suppose titties is correct in the original purist sense, and I don't begrudge them their pedantry. We are goons, after all, and I might have done the same if the roles were reversed :cool:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I'm going to suggest "wee facty-wacty" for trivial or unimportant (but possibly true) information.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm going to call them Steven.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Hey, wanna hear a great Stephen I've just learnt about chess ?

Dachshundofdoom
Feb 14, 2013

Pillbug
Actually the accurate pluralization is "factopuses" NOT "factopi" you goddamn rubes!!!

Content:

Click here to learn more about boomers getting you killed in their wars and then breeding you

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Welp time to attach a thermite grenade to my crotch on a heartbeat sensor.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
One definitely feels as though there ought to be some sort of check box soldiers can mark that says "do not let my parents harvest sperm from my dead body no matter how loudly they scream grandparents' rights in your face."

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

I don't speak Finnish, what are these good dogs saying? Share their wisdom.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Inceltown posted:

I don't speak Finnish, what are these good dogs saying? Share their wisdom.

Nana: "Sniff, sniff, *pant*, Woo-oooh! Woo, woof. Wooooh!"
Santtu: "Ruff, ruff! Ruff, ruff, ruff. Ruff, ruff, ruff."
Topi: "Sniff, sniff, sniff. Woof, woof! *Pant, pant*."

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

I'm sure that we've all learned something today.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Why do they sound like a bela lugosi draculas

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/pcgamer/status/1550528025623953408

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Dachshundofdoom posted:

Actually the accurate pluralization is "factopuses" NOT "factopi" you goddamn rubes!!!

Content:

Click here to learn more about boomers getting you killed in their wars and then breeding you

I prefer the out-of-use 'factopodes' if we're being quite frank

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That’s Zack Pinsent. He’s a professional period tailor and makes it all himself.

https://twitter.com/zackpinsent?s=21&t=DsvHpDq22TndJbdjX12BJw

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

chitoryu12 posted:

That’s Zack Pinsent. He’s a professional period tailor and makes it all himself.

https://twitter.com/zackpinsent?s=21&t=DsvHpDq22TndJbdjX12BJw

These are stupendous

https://twitter.com/zackpinsent/status/1550885321084227586?t=y3OZaq3Ml7wh2wiUfGsTmg&s=19

https://twitter.com/zackpinsent/status/1550998036754612226?t=ede18DYKvWJDE7_Pl1UScA&s=19

:unsmith:

Potato Salad has a new favorite as of 15:12 on Jul 25, 2022

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Yes, I’ve been a longtime fan. He has to reject all the marriage offers because he has a boyfriend.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

chitoryu12 posted:

Yes, I’ve been a longtime fan. He has to reject all the marriage offers because he has a boyfriend.

Well that's not very period accurate. :colbert: He should keep the boyfriend but marry an heiress on the side.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

Pictured: a better man than most of us put together.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

He runs a tailoring business for these kinds of reenactment clothes so you can also commission him yourself.

Mechanical Pencil
Feb 19, 2013

by vyelkin
Frankly I'd prefer him to undress

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/paulisci/status/1551649152479555584?s=21&t=K4SN6izyaVS05Lsy052rjw

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--

People have been putting savory sauce and cheese on flat bread for millennia so obviously it's a confusing new thing to Americans.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I like the multiple explanations for how to pronounce it, and want to believe everyone was just going around calling it "pizzuh" (without the tz sound) before that

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like the multiple explanations for how to pronounce it, and want to believe everyone was just going around calling it "pizzuh" (without the tz sound) before that
my grandpa pronounced it "pisa" like the city (well, how americans say it at least) and i never considered that it was because pizza was something new that no one knew how to say

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
When I was a kid there were plenty of adults around who could tell you about the first time they'd seen a plane, watched TV, or eaten of the mysterious peet-za.

OK, the plane people were pretty drat old. But still.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

My mom remembered electricity coming to her montana town

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
“Gimme some o’ dat PIE-zuuugh and make it quick toots”.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tunicate posted:

My mom remembered electricity coming to her montana town

Both my parents spent some of their childhoods without it on Welsh farms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Pizahh, almost like "bizarre"