Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I am very cool with getting Buddy and Mook for a buck forty.

e: as an aside, I'm traveling for the next few days for my sister's wedding. I'll try to get picks in but if I miss a day or two its not evidence of me absconding with the remaining $600 in my coffers and buying a villa in Punta Cana.

Salvor_Hardin fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 27, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the actual players I came out with, but pleased.

Kind of annoyed I didn't bid on Sabonis, because I had him pegged at 215 (which would have won) and the money I didn't bid on him ultimately didn't go anywhere else.

On the other hand, it always felt like a weird fit next to Turner, and I can't imagine that'd be that much better with Gobert. I also think "Just build the 2020 Pacers" probably wasn't gonna be the best strategy.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Im 20 percent through my cap and I have a starter and two playable bench pieces.

Doing okay.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I didn't expect to win all those bench bids but I suppose now I can just focus on the real players going forward

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Veryslightlymad posted:

Yeah, I'm a little surprised by the actual players I came out with, but pleased.

Kind of annoyed I didn't bid on Sabonis, because I had him pegged at 215 (which would have won) and the money I didn't bid on him ultimately didn't go anywhere else.

On the other hand, it always felt like a weird fit next to Turner, and I can't imagine that'd be that much better with Gobert. I also think "Just build the 2020 Pacers" probably wasn't gonna be the best strategy.
Gobert and Sabonis would be a pretty poor fit for sure. At least Myles could attempt to stretch the court

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Im surprised by Monte and thought I had a good chance of getting him at 3 dollars lol.

Maybe I'm confusing him with Barton but Nuggets fans seem to love to poo poo on him. Whenever I bet on the Nuggets last season they never clutched up.

But I do like Domas at that money!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah this idea that Monte morris is some amazing player perplexes me. He's fine. He has literally 0 value defensivly and doesnt hurt you on offense but that is literally it.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

a new study bible! posted:

Im surprised by Monte and thought I had a good chance of getting him at 3 dollars lol.

Maybe I'm confusing him with Barton but Nuggets fans seem to love to poo poo on him. Whenever I bet on the Nuggets last season they never clutched up.

But I do like Domas at that money!

Nuggets fans loved Monte, he was literally given the title “Mr Nugget.” But he’s absolutely just a good backup PG/bad starting PG. Even on a team desperate for scoring punch, he was hardly ever looking to score. He’s a guy who makes Good PG Decisions and that’s it, for better or for worse.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I thought it was cute that Buddy went for his age.

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
Well I didn't get Jokic, but I got poor man's Jokic.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Denver Nuggets (kingcobweb) have signed brought home Nikola Jokic for $678.

(The next highest bid was $550.)

So happy about this. I have less than $275 to build the entire rest of the roster, but Jokic is maybe one of the easiest guys to build a good roster around. I was panicked that someone would bid more on him than Giannis went for.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

loving lmao that I got Booker for the meme bid. Gary Clark is a good, uh, 12th or 13th guy on the roster? Whatever, at least now I have a star-level player to build around

fun fact: Sandro was a freshman my senior year at Seton Hall, which is a thing that makes me feel old

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

code:
Franz Wagner
Jalen Suggs
Bradley Beal
Omer Yurtseven
Precious Achiuwa
Joel Embiid
Anthony Gill
Devin Cannady
Chaundee Brown Jr.
Aaron Nesmith
Brandon Boston Jr.
DeMar DeRozan
Trey Burke
Jared Butler
Gui Santos
Gary Trent Jr.
Lonzo Ball
Isaiah Stewart
Jamaree Bouyea
Kevon Looney
Udoka Azubuike
Jarred Vanderbilt
Anthony Lamb
Bennedict Mathurin
Armoni Brooks
Bryn Forbes
Harrison Barnes
Spencer Dinwiddie
David Roddy
Kai Jones

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
A lot of interesting role players today that can be really good and some stars/young studs. Day 4 should be fun!

china klay
Jul 4, 2018
Why is Franz a "notable" player but not 3-time champion Kevon Looney?

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

china klay posted:

Why is Franz a "notable" player but not 3-time champion Kevon Looney?

Don't bring him up. This is your time to shine!

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It's a fun test to scroll past the names and see if you can pick all the notables based on their Statmuse Archer-esque animation shot. The only one I missed this time was Wagner.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Deadbeat Dad posted:

The Dallas Mavericks (Drunk Canuck) have signed Gabriel Lundberg for $2.

(The next highest bid was $0.)

The Danish King

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Drunk Canuck posted:

The Danish King

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Plz no one else bid on The Big Yurt.l....a player I def knew before today.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

How much teams spent after day 3:
code:
Team                 | Cost
-----------------------------
Bucks                | $419
Cavaliers            | $150
Celtics              | $300
Clippers             | $554
Grizzlies            | $423
Hawks                | $38
Heat                 | $479
Hornets              | $483
Jazz                 | $9
Kings                | $375
Lakers               | $185
Mavericks            | $737
Nets                 | $800
Nuggets              | $730
Pelicans             | $507
Pistons              | $669
Raptors              | $72
Rockets              | $210
Spurs                | $210
Thunder              | $24
Timberwolves         | $240
Trailblazers         | $205
Wizards              | $198

Edit: formatting

Arpanets fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Jul 27, 2022

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

it's genuinely hosed if anyone else bets on yurtseven lol

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

rivetz posted:

That is a pretty good deal for a big that could get real minutes on a playoff team.

Thank you. I agree. This is why I bid for him. Luke Or Net

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Wait i just realized i confused him with luke kennard. God damnit

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Algund Eenboom posted:

Only big men can play on the New Jersey Nets

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Algund Eenboom posted:

these are the best posts

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

rivetz posted:

That is a pretty good deal for a big that could get real minutes on a playoff team.

...what?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Look, he's a 27 years old, his only skill is being 7'2" and he played 100 minutes of NBA basketball last season. His potential is through the roof!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Paul Zuvella posted:

Look, he's a 27 years old, his only skill is being 7'2" and he played 100 minutes of NBA basketball last season. His potential is through the roof!

Not even just last year! Kornet hasn’t played 1k minutes the last three years combined.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Wow I can't believe that all those bids that I... definitely sent in... didn't win anything!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Today is a tough one, gonna be real fun tonight seeing how people value some of these names

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
OK OK, look I heard a beat guy on some podcast say less than a week ago that Boston is considering a larger role for Kornet as the designated backup C. Horford is 36 and Robert Williams obv has injury concerns, 1.5% of the cap for a potential rotation guy on a good team seems like solid value. I didn't anoint him as the future of the franchise jfc

habeasdorkus
Nov 3, 2013

Royalty is a continuous shitposting motion.
Your Utah Jazz have submitted another FULL BOAT of BIDS.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

rivetz posted:

OK OK, look I heard a beat guy on some podcast say less than a week ago that Boston is considering a larger role for Kornet as the designated backup C. Horford is 36 and Robert Williams obv has injury concerns, 1.5% of the cap for a potential rotation guy on a good team seems like solid value. I didn't anoint him as the future of the franchise jfc

Insane cope but I appreciate this energy

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

We Luke Kornet podcastin' out here

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Really interested in seeing what happens with todays guys. Was going to go big on Isaiah Stewart but Bagley really ate his lunch at the end of last season and his statistical performance wasn’t anything too impressive to begin with. I could see him falling off more this season.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Jul 27, 2022

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Also hard to justify a big payment for a backup center when I bid 700 on Embiid lol.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

a new study bible! posted:

Also hard to justify a big payment for a backup center when I bid 700 on Embiid lol.

this is bait and I'm not falling for it

my bid on embiid is obviously going to win regardless

Giggs
Jan 4, 2013

mama huhu
I bid 701 for Embiid just putting it out there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Still waiting on about 7 lists today. Haven't heard from TNL for a few days so hope he's okay!