Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

biosterous

big agree re: rpgs at gdq

to be fair though one of my old favs was a glitch-heavy run of pokemon red or blue where the runner is making jokes about needing to be quiet for a sneaking mission and then doing a glitch that turned the palette all dark

it was still long, but was a great demonstration of how borked gen1 pokemon is and how you can just reprogram the dang game on the fly if you know what you're doing

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

more falafel please

forums poster

biosterous posted:

big agree re: rpgs at gdq

to be fair though one of my old favs was a glitch-heavy run of pokemon red or blue where the runner is making jokes about needing to be quiet for a sneaking mission and then doing a glitch that turned the palette all dark

it was still long, but was a great demonstration of how borked gen1 pokemon is and how you can just reprogram the dang game on the fly if you know what you're doing

yeah that stuff is fun. I guess if I knew going in that it was gonna be a fun glitchy run, a couple hours would be worth it

here is an awesome run though from a couple years ago. this game is very byob
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOmRm7n54w

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

kalel

it's Sunday and Pokemon snap got added to Nintendo 64 switch so I'm doing that. very cozy

biosterous

more falafel please posted:

yeah that stuff is fun. I guess if I knew going in that it was gonna be a fun glitchy run, a couple hours would be worth it

here is an awesome run though from a couple years ago. this game is very byob
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8uOmRm7n54w

holy poo poo that was a trip

e: found the soundtrack, hell yes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5dUABQrNT8

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Prof. Crocodile

holy moly I remember mr. bones! I loved that game but the swimming levels were hard af.

Farecoal

There he go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZsKl6tdQjI

kalel

I got star wars knights of the old republic on switch over the weekend. I'm doing a dark side run which I've never done before, it's almost silly how evil you can be in these games. murking everything with force lightning owns

Bobby Deluxe

kotor is interesting because it comes from that generation of rpgs where where you find a kid with a puppy and your moral choice is to either help the kid find their way home or kick the puppy and sell the kid into slavery

itry

That's just Bioware. There's some bit in Icewind Dale (the first one, I think) where they dunk on players for all being chaotic neutral... No, Bioware. I'm just playing the game that you made, which happens to be a murder-hobo simulator.

Finger Prince

I don't know who made this, but it is incredible.
https://i.imgur.com/Oe6NJ5u.mp4

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Finger Prince posted:

zoinks that's genius

thanks deep dish pete moss and Plant MONSTER

kalel

Finger Prince posted:

YouTube channel "64 bits," there's a credit at the end of the video. their stuff freaking rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBE8sh7nv4s

Heather Papps

hello friend

buy satisfactory holy gently caress every dream i've had in the last few weeks has been logistics.

also between this and deep rock galactic i am spending way too much time pretending to have a space job.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Farecoal

There he go

Heather Papps posted:

buy satisfactory holy gently caress every dream i've had in the last few weeks has been logistics.

Is it basically 3D Factorio (a game I really need to play)?

Heather Papps

hello friend

Farecoal posted:

Is it basically 3D Factorio (a game I really need to play)?

my brother wanted to play either of them, and satisfactory was one i'd picked up in a humble bundle.

as far as i understand factorio is logistics and tower defence, from a birds eye perspective, and satisfactory is a first person logistics game with occasional combat, as you explore you have to fight aliens every once in a while - but you aren't building defensive structures to survive waves.

i've found satisfactory so much fun that i still haven't even opened factorio. the structure building is like if fallout 4s base building mechanics were actually intuitive and good, and there's a thousand mini puzzles you have to solve to produce the items that you require.

also it's an open world sort of thing, but you build a space elevator, which you can see from any point on the map, which makes navigation significantly simpler than in other games. my brother told me he always made big pillars and lighthouses in minecraft and the devs of satisfactory clearly took some notes from this emergent thing.

it is very interesting, the concept of emergent gameplay being codified by further iterations. gonna think about this.

Prof. Crocodile

is klonoa a pokemon or an animaniac? this is important.

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

i think it’s a bird anus

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
satisfactory is a very good game. although it shares mechanics with factorio, the two are very different. gettem both!!!!!

Philippe

(she/her)
I like Satisfactory, but I've found that it's very difficult to get an overview of your factory, and the biomass burners not being automated is hella tedious (because you've got to feed them occasionally).

Heather Papps

hello friend

Philippe posted:

I like Satisfactory, but I've found that it's very difficult to get an overview of your factory, and the biomass burners not being automated is hella tedious (because you've got to feed them occasionally).

when unlock the hoverpack that lets you fly along the power grid it gets much easier to figure things out. before that i'd usually build a few lookout towers next to and on high places to get an idea of things.

also yes, the sound of the grid shutting down because you haven't fed the burners is such good sound design, and then not being automated is annoying but makes setting up a coal or oil plant extremely satisfying.

on the file i've been playing alone on i just built a nuclear power plant, and attempted to dispose of the waste by dragging it to the little trash can icon in the inventory screen, and for the first time in the game a pop up came up and told me something along the lines of "the company doesn't waste, we do not dispose of depleted uranium in this way, figure something else out" and i thought - hunh, that's neat.

Philippe

(she/her)
The best way to deal with nuclear waste is to build a lot of containers in an area you don't care about and put it there.

Finger Prince

Philippe posted:

The best way to deal with nuclear waste is to build a lot of containers in an area you don't care about and put it there.

Makes sense, that's the best thing we've come up with irl too.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
YO POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE IS ON SWITCH N64 AND IT ROCKS AND THE MUSIC IS WICKED CHILL

kalel

Sarah Cenia posted:

YO POKEMON PUZZLE LEAGUE IS ON SWITCH N64 AND IT ROCKS AND THE MUSIC IS WICKED CHILL

lol I just discovered this too. brings back memories :gbsmith:

kalel

I can't figure out puzzle stage 1-14. somebody pls help

e: never mind I just got it

kalel fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jul 16, 2022

Saoshyant

:hmmorks: :orks:

kalel posted:

never mind I just got it

The power was within you all along. It's always been.

awesome spring sig by RavenousScoot

Archonet

it is time to boogie
tried stardew valley for the first time on Wednesday since I got my Deck last week, seemed the kind of game that'd work best on a handheld so it's sat in my library for ages gathering dust

I already have 24 hours on record

send help and strawberry seeds

Archonet fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jul 16, 2022

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

i'm still miffed that the new skate game will have microtransactions :( i'll probably still play it unless it's incredibly lovely with it but still

this is what i get for learning to play skateboarding video games as a kid instead of learning actual skateboarding stuff

Farecoal

There he go
I finally got a Switch (Lite, not the version I wanted but it was free so I can't complain). I've been playing Three Houses and completely losing track of time.

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
if vampire survivors was on switch i would never put it down

Mummy Napkin
Multiversus is a lot of fun and I am very bad at it

Emo Szyslak

Mummy Napkin posted:

Multiversus is a lot of fun and I am very bad at it

same as hell

ive wanted a dc comics smash clone for as long as i can remember and this is as close as im gonna get i think, but i'm no good with batman. halfway decent with harley though! need to level up and get that dodge perk

Ohtori Akio
the top gun dlc for ace combat 7 is great. why you ask? they added the sr71 style concept plane so you can now do all the missions screaming around at mach 5 and inevitably crashing

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Ohtori Akio posted:

the top gun dlc for ace combat 7 is great. why you ask? they added the sr71 style concept plane so you can now do all the missions screaming around at mach 5 and inevitably crashing

Wait, isn't the SR71 a stealth plane in the game, maybe it's not in AC7 but is in 5 which I played more recently.

I haven't played AC7 in a bit. I had fun with the special missions dlc a year or so ago but haven't played since.

Ohtori Akio

Jolo posted:

Wait, isn't the SR71 a stealth plane in the game, maybe it's not in AC7 but is in 5 which I played more recently.

I haven't played AC7 in a bit. I had fun with the special missions dlc a year or so ago but haven't played since.

in the new top gun there is a fictional plane that tom cruise flies which is sorta kinda inspired by the sr71. flies real high and fast

in the game they gave it better visibility, ace combat missiles, and laser beams. but kept the speed

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag
i just played that cat game. oh poo poo it's great

Finger Prince

Dr. Honked posted:

i just played that cat game. oh poo poo it's great

It looks great. I want to get it too but I've got too many games on the go at the moment. Need to finish at least one of them first.

Dr. Honked

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Finger Prince posted:

It looks great. I want to get it too but I've got too many games on the go at the moment. Need to finish at least one of them first.

it'll be a wonderful treat to savour later.
it's just *cheffy mckiss* friggin superb. it's not simply that the whole cat schtick is really well executed, it's a really really well done game.

Mummy Napkin
any yobbers play ffxiv? i need something to get lost in and this is like my third attempt playing it. i think it’ll take this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sb hermit

Mummy Napkin posted:

any yobbers play ffxiv? i need something to get lost in and this is like my third attempt playing it. i think it’ll take this time

Post your server or PM it to me. I still have an account but I haven't played in years. Might as well get back into it.