Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Sapozhnik posted:

Regarding Byleth in Hopes, It's kind of sad really. If you get them on your side they're this weird sad nerd who just sits off in the corner and doesn't interact with anyone. People talk a lot about how Byleth was a positive influence on the lords and houses that they team up with but equally so Houses talks a lot about how that camaraderie helped them to become a happier and more well-rounded person as well. Whichever path you chose in Houses Byleth ends the story with a circle of trusted friends and companions and it almost feels like Hopes steals that future away from them.

Their dialogue and ending does a lot to rectify that. They start coming out of their shell. If you get their letter they mention actually having friends and how weird that is and how much they like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzTWMuTkm5U

I do wish they were more involved with the story on the good path. For such a critical character they basically vanish from the plot if you recruit them. It sucks. They can't even let Byleth be the one to save you from Zahras :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Scarlet Blaze is a gripping tale of a random nobody, who is obviously a Slitherer no matter how much they profess ignorance of them, trying to earn the trust of Hubert and Edelgard, while geopolitics and character development for Ferdinand happen in the background.

I’m sorry but what more could you ask for?

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Scarlet Blaze is a gripping tale of a random nobody, who is obviously a Slitherer no matter how much they profess ignorance of them, trying to earn the trust of Hubert and Edelgard, while geopolitics and character development for Ferdinand happen in the background.

I’m sorry but what more could you ask for?

An ending?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well for one easy payment of 29.99….

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

CharlestheHammer posted:

I'll loving pay just give me the ending.

Eimi fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jul 26, 2022

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

CharlestheHammer posted:

I've already factored it into my budget for the rest of the year.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
This is the headcanons and fanficitions post not the concrete ending post.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Honestly the game would have been more interesting if the hook they implied from the trailers was actually what the game was about (Byleth/Sothis is loving with time and caused Shez/Arval to happen somehow). Because as it is the only really interesting parts of 3 Hopes are the parts that are commentaries on 3 Houses and the interesting ways things diverge, everything else is underwritten as hell and the lack of an ending is weird and jarring.

Making the whole game a deliberate commentary on how changing things even drastically loving with time travel doesn't lead to some sort of golden/magic fix it would have at least been something to hang the game on and could have given a lot more plot to Shez/Arval.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I’ve gotten some supports for Hilda.

Was she always this gay?

Not that I’m complaining.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Actually the game would have been most interesting if Shez and Raphael were running an inn and everyone else came on vacation to hang out

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Also it’s still a Musou

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

DC Murderverse posted:

Actually the game would have been most interesting if Shez and Raphael were running an inn and everyone else came on vacation to hang out

Three Houses is basically alchemically-designed to be a perfect breeding ground for coffeeshop AUs.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Game is good tbh.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

Was she always this gay?

Yes. Everyone knows about the Marianne supports but personally I think her Lysithia supports are also pretty gay. Lysithia is very excited to smell like Hilda.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Rand Brittain posted:

Three Houses is basically alchemically-designed to be a perfect breeding ground for coffeeshop AUs.

https://twitter.com/fluttershy520/status/1551959221414940672?s=21&t=ZyOkFQzeNoRN7VXGQdmbMA

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the year is 2032. Nintendo announces a series of limited edition fire emblem three houses themed Lego sets. Fans begin to speculate that hidden within one of these Lego sets will be the true golden ending for three houses

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

jimmydalad posted:

Was she always this gay?

According to my AO3 bookmarks, yes absolutely.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

jimmydalad posted:

Was she always this gay?

The supports in Hopes are in general far more gay than 3 Houses ever let them be.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Epi Lepi posted:

According to my AO3 bookmarks, yes absolutely.

Math checks out

https://twitter.com/castamyre/status/1552048298416115712?s=21&t=ZyOkFQzeNoRN7VXGQdmbMA

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Augus posted:

the year is 2032. Nintendo announces a series of limited edition fire emblem three houses themed Lego sets. Fans begin to speculate that hidden within one of these Lego sets will be the true golden ending for three houses

People keep talking about Three Houses not having a golden ending, but it absolutely does???

Crimson Flower, obviously. Edelgard is emperor of Fódlan, Claude is king of Almyra, the Church is gone, all of this is ideal. You don't have to kill anyone but Rhea, Dimitri, Dedue, Rodrigue, Acheron or Cornelia if you don't want to, and most of those made their own beds. You even get to choose between letting Dimitri die in impotent fury or peacefully in Dedue's arms, whichever you prefer, and the latter is far kinder than his fate on other routes.. Plus you can kill anyone who's not a Black Eagle if you think you need them out of the picture, including Claude, who will survive any other route. You can literally pick and choose your preferred outcome, short of Rhea and Dimitri's survival, but they are incompatible with Edelgard surviving, so they need to go.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Shez is fifth wheeling the hell out of that double date.

There's a lot to unpack here, drat. I especially like the one author singlehandedly propping up Lysithea/Claude, the nine whole Alois fics, and the fact that there are people that apparently feel the need to write self insert fics when there's literally already a self insert character.

Side note: are there really that many more trans HCs and/or genderswap AUs for the guys than the girls, or are those numbers just a side effect of how the aggregator counted fics with multiple ships?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

jimmydalad posted:

Was she always this gay?

Hilda simply loves anything that is cute. Very often that is a girl, but it sometimes includes things like trinkets or the occasional boy. She's quite consistent in that regard.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

People keep talking about Three Houses not having a golden ending, but it absolutely does???

Crimson Flower, obviously. Edelgard is emperor of Fódlan, Claude is king of Almyra, the Church is gone, all of this is ideal. You don't have to kill anyone but Rhea, Dimitri, Dedue, Rodrigue, Acheron or Cornelia if you don't want to, and most of those made their own beds. You even get to choose between letting Dimitri die in impotent fury or peacefully in Dedue's arms, whichever you prefer, and the latter is far kinder than his fate on other routes.. Plus you can kill anyone who's not a Black Eagle if you think you need them out of the picture, including Claude, who will survive any other route. You can literally pick and choose your preferred outcome, short of Rhea and Dimitri's survival, but they are incompatible with Edelgard surviving, so they need to go.

Imagine wanting to kill Dedue.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Making the mother of all omelettes here.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

3H having a golden ending would be bad and I think CF is good so I don’t agree with it being the golden ending.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I actually don't know if Claude would be king of Almyra in those circumstances. I find it hard to believe he would win the battle for succession if he failed to succeed in his ambitions in Fodlan. Unless that's confirmed somewhere I missed.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

In any case, the obvious golden route is Golden Wildfire. Like, duh. It's in the name!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah maybe "Golden Route" is a bit strong, that is a heavy drawback.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Metis of the Hallways posted:

In any case, the obvious golden route is Golden Wildfire. Like, duh. It's in the name!

But then Edelgard has to die, absolutely not worth it.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I mean the good end in Golden Wildfire is the closest to a "golden" ending I suppose, in that Rhea is stone dead, no major students are forced to die IIRC unlike SB where you gotta kill Ingrid early on or AG where Hubert/Ferdie die offscreen, and Claude is trying to broker a peace between everybody although the epilogue makes it sound like a hell of a longshot. Also it's the only route that unambiguously still has Thales out there so he's probably still going to pull some poo poo.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Oh right my brain somehow thinks GW and VW are the same thing and didn't realize it was the Hopes version. :v:

Also to be honest after Hopes, the only people in the Kingdom I like or have any sympathy to, you can save on SB, no one from Leicester has to die, so burn Faerghus to the ground baby. Let's go Edelgard.

https://twitter.com/whimsycottt/status/1551821813948096512?s=21&t=2BNBsuGdwq79RSQDAzPYHQ

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

When do you typically get access to the advanced classes?

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

The real Golden Ending is actually Azure Gleam since no one from the 4 factions die (Freddie and Hubert obviously faked their deaths, when has 3 Hopes or Houses ever have a major character just die offscreen? Dedue in Azure Moon doesn’t count since the canon choice is to do his paralogue so he comes back later), Thales, the Western Lords, and Duke Aeiger and the rest of the corrupt Empire lords are all killed off, and since Edelgard had her trauma of the crest experiments erased due to the side effects of the mind control she can start trusting people again :v:

Obviously, this is a joke

SgtSteel91 fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 27, 2022

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Crimson Flower is the route where you massacre the Lions to a man. Oh and Hilda as well for good measure. You kinda have to make peace with that going in.

Sure you can recruit most of the Lions but then you get to watch them turn into broken husks of human beings as they betray everything and everyone they once stood for. Better for them to die on their feet than take the coward's way out IMO.

The way I make peace with that is that you rack up a body count bigger than any one house in the first real mission alone. Difference is that Random Swordsman #271 doesn't get the freeze frame and tearful final words with sad music treatment.

Sapozhnik fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jul 27, 2022

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love

Cattail Prophet posted:

Shez is fifth wheeling the hell out of that double date.

There's a lot to unpack here, drat. I especially like the one author singlehandedly propping up Lysithea/Claude, the nine whole Alois fics, and the fact that there are people that apparently feel the need to write self insert fics when there's literally already a self insert character.

Side note: are there really that many more trans HCs and/or genderswap AUs for the guys than the girls, or are those numbers just a side effect of how the aggregator counted fics with multiple ships?

I love that an author named "cathrheas" wrote 37% of the Catherine/Rhea fics, love the commitment to the bit.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Sapozhnik posted:

Crimson Flower is the route where you massacre the Lions to a man. Oh and Hilda as well for good measure. You kinda have to make peace with that going in.

Sure you can recruit most of the Lions but then you get to watch them turn into broken husks of human beings as they betray everything and everyone they once stood for. Better for them to die on their feet than take the coward's way out IMO.

The way I make peace with that is that you rack up a body count bigger than any one house in the first real mission alone. Difference is that Random Swordsman #271 doesn't get the freeze frame and tearful final words with sad music treatment.

Knights of Seiros aren't people.

Anyway, you can easily spare most the Faerghans by recruiting them by telling them their culture sucks, and you can spare Hilda quite easily.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Recruiting the kids is cowardice.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Trying to manufacture a scenario where nobody has to die or whatever is a very lame way of looking at the game.

Shinji117
Jul 14, 2013
Pulling as many people as possible out of the martial deathcult that is Faerghus is great actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Perhaps it is sold better as a death cult or whatever if people are dying for it and not getting talked over to leaving through a couple of shallow chats.

Like regardless of whichever route you’re playing the ease of getting recruits from other houses kinda sucks and the writing as a whole works better if you’re out there killing those kids because they’re sticking to their beliefs as strongly as you are.