Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
gently caress the...
This poll is closed.
Cowboys 82 42.05%
Commanders (really, that's the name?) 38 19.49%
Giants 29 14.87%
Eagles 46 23.59%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

The gently caress out of here with this poo poo. Derrick Henry, Alvin Kamara, Christian Mccaffrey, Nick Chubb...? Hell, Saquon Barkley is more fun to watch than anyone when he's healthy.

Yeah, but have any of them done this:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
gently caress the Cowboys

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

blarzgh posted:

Happy birthday, Zeke!

Despite hating the way the cowboys have I've managed their resources, you definitely been the most fun running back in the NFL since you came into the league.

Huh, Zeke and I have the same birthday

I'm 29 now wtf

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
wow that’s crazy. what’s your greatest fear

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Cartoon Man posted:

So who’s going to be the biggest NFC East disappointment this season not named Carson Wentz?

Dak Prescott.

No, wait. Can I say Carson Wentz?

Would he really be a disappointment though? I don't think anyone expects much from him or Daniel Jones so if we frame "disappointment" in terms of "expectation" then I don't see how they qualify. I actually think the Giants might be a surprise this year. 7-8 or 8-7 wouldn't shock me. Last place schedule, DJ in a prove it year, weak division and every year there's always ONE team that nobody picked to do poo poo who at least clawed their way to mediocrity.

I guess the logical candidate/answer would be Jalen Hurts. If he regresses (or even plateaus) surrounded with what looks like a good set of weapons (OL, WR, RB), he's going to be Teddy Bridgewater with better legs and a perpetual mid tier starter for average teams.

Speaking of Washington, I stumbled on this Four Petty Things that Dan Snyder has done and even though it's a CRACKED article It's really something.

https://www.cracked.com/article_34718_4-of-the-pettiest-things-dan-snyders-ever-done.html

God, what an rear end in a top hat. You have to be an insufferable prick of the highest loving order when god damned rich white NFL owners are looking at you going "dude, really?" and think you're over the line. Right now he's on a yacht out to sea in international waters somewhere evading a congressional subpoena.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I think Zeke can be the most entertaining running back.

Tire fires, for instance, are also fascinating.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1550556857080709121?s=20&t=R36Y8NxyOgoSC9htKA4J-A

Those are dumb and black alternates in general are dumb.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I hate the Eagles' black unis and that helmet sucks. White or silver with green wings would look better.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like the black jersey but it would look better with Kelly Green accents. The helmet sucks the pants suck.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think the black is all for merchandising .people love black (slimming )

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it goes with more outfits

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Eagles are green, white and silver with (maybe) some black trim and I won't entertain another loving word about it.

Any of the black uniform combos never worked for me but now indigi has me trying to picture it with the Kelly Green and...

still no.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jul 22, 2022

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Cartoon Man posted:

So who’s going to be the biggest NFC East disappointment this season not named Carson Wentz?

Washington fans no longer have the luxury of hope. Snyder beat it out of us long ago

He’s got us seeing 5 lights

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/rosecitypeach/status/1551716084998459392?t=_JyfHfVFof32FieRWw4bkw&s=19

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
The Cardinals haven’t been in the NFC East in 20 years, and they barely were a part of it before then (Except for 1998 when they beat Dallas in the playoffs because the Cowboys losing is always cool and good).

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
In other "not really NFC East news," local arena football team is in the 2nd round of the playoffs and if they advance I feel like all of Dallas should ask the Cowboys why they can't do the same.

Public shaming clearly won't work on the Cowboys, but that doesn't mean we can't do it anyway to feel better.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Shinjobi posted:

In other "not really NFC East news," local arena football team is in the 2nd round of the playoffs and if they advance I feel like all of Dallas should ask the Cowboys why they can't do the same.

Public shaming clearly won't work on the Cowboys, but that doesn't mean we can't do it anyway to feel better.

Everything cowboys prognostication comes with the caveat that the team is actually just Jerry's Billion-Dollar version of Madden 20XX and that all rooting interest and any success the team has is in spite of that fact, and not because of it.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Cartoon Man posted:

Every time you hear the word "Commanders"

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Cartoon Man posted:

The only player with expectations and potential high enough to have the available Delta for largest disappointment is probably D ak. The only other candidate is hUrts.

If the Cowboys don't win, a couple of playoff games, and Dak doesn't have a huge season, he'll be considered a big disappointment.

If Jalen hurts has a terrible year in the eagles go like five and 12 or 6 and 11, then he'll be a moderate disappointment.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

blarzgh posted:

The only player with expectations and potential high enough to have the available Delta for largest disappointment is probably D ak. The only other candidate is hUrts.

Parsons is much, much less likely to disappoint than the QBs, but he’s got the potential to fall the farthest imo

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

indigi posted:

Parsons is much, much less likely to disappoint than the QBs, but he’s got the potential to fall the farthest imo

I think Parsons actually improves this year regardless of what the rest of the cowboys do.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If Parsons improves he's one of the best LBs to ever play the game in year 2

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Watching Parsons in college was shocking.

I was all hornt up for the Bengals to take him but offense was clearly the need and also the extracurriculars sucked.
VVVV

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jul 27, 2022

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Yeah picture that then add Von Miller level pass rushing and you get another reason why everyone who lets the Cowboys draft the way they do should be fired from the NFL for collusion at this point

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I like Micah Partsons and don’t think he will fail. outside of catastrophic injury I don’t see him disappointing at all

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

My analysis is that the Dallas Cowboys are just like the Sam Raimi smash hit Western, The Quick and The Dead.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Movie owned so hard. Only director to get Gene Hackman to stop being a fuckhead on set too.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

The Bananana posted:

My analysis is that the Dallas Cowboys are just like the Sam Raimi smash hit Western, The Quick and The Dead.

No, that movie was enjoyable because a lot of Cowboys died.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

blarzgh posted:

If the Cowboys don't win, a couple of playoff games, and Dak doesn't have a huge season, he'll be considered a big disappointment.

If Jalen hurts has a terrible year in the eagles go like five and 12 or 6 and 11, then he'll be a moderate disappointment.

This would be a colossal disappointment. The team feels pretty strong just about everywhere except maybe safety and everyone knows the biggest variable right now is Jalen. Does he level off, improve modestly, improve as much as he did last year or (in your case) poo poo the bed? Really surprised that Dallas is still odds on to win this division and Philly's over/under is 8.5. I'd take the over on that all day.

Bonus Option: He gets hurt in week 4 and Minshew takes us to the playoffs.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

I wonder how much slack the Eagles will give Hurts, but with the way that team is built, I wouldn't be shocked if they go to Minshew within 3 bad games. Then again, injuries and whatnot happen so it'll be interesting to see how things play out. But it's hard to say Hurts could be the biggest disappointment considering like half of all people are seemingly expecting his arm/vision to be a disaster.

Dak has got to have the biggest expectations and thus the highest chance to disappoint though.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Doltos posted:

If Parsons improves he's one of the best LBs to ever play the game in year 2

I really think he will. He’s a generational talent.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

BiggerBoat posted:

Really surprised that Dallas is still odds on to win this division and Philly's over/under is 8.5. I'd take the over on that all day.

if you can still get 8.5 put some real money on it. it’s been 9/9.5 most places the last month or two and over is -130

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

I really think he will. He’s a generational talent.

I’m basically just watching for Micah at this point

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

We need more NFCE fans in the TFF Discord please we can't allow for a lack of representation

https://discord.gg/MsNQPFPS

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

BrownThunder posted:

We need more NFCE fans in the TFF Discord please we can't allow for a lack of representation

https://discord.gg/MsNQPFPS

Lol, pound sand

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Whoops sorry forgot to say, if you’re a fat gently caress dipshit loser who thinks drunk driving is cool, don’t join. Everyone else is welcome

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Eifert Posting posted:

Watching Parsons in college was shocking.

He was so fast and fluid

It was ungodly

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

BrownThunder posted:

Whoops sorry forgot to say, if you’re a fat gently caress dipshit loser who thinks drunk driving is cool, don’t join. Everyone else is welcome

Seems oddly specific

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sorry indigi I think he said you cant join

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

@Mr. Nice! are you still my Lawyer?