Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I'm so close to being out of corn jail, I say, right as I also have a new questline that also requires corn popping up

Corn Jail never ends

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Look, I tried to warn you.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

No one gets out of corn jail. You just occasionally get day passes to farm mushrooms.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

Arcturas posted:

Oof, the exploration grind to 99 looks brutal. I'm about halfway there (at 92 exploration), and it looks like it needs...1.8 million stamina to get there, exclusively exploring WC? Or am I misreading the Farm Buddy calculator - that's with all the exploration xp perks and all the free explore chance perks, but not counting the stamina refund from grabbing apples, oranges, and lemons while exploring.

Now I just have to do some rough math on my daily stamina generation from the orchard (about 980 inv. cap) to figure out how long this will actually take.

Check my post history, I did some napkin math on this the other day.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Unponderable posted:

Check my post history, I did some napkin math on this the other day.

Thanks! I was guessing 60 days before calculating the refund for finding fruit, which is about what you found.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Tahirovic posted:

I think I figured out why this game is so much fun, I do plan my masteries and GMs a bit but it always ends up like this:
1) I want to GM bottle rockets, I need feathers, lets explore Small Spring for feathers!
2) Oh I run out of Coal, lets go to Banon
3) Oh I run I have max inv Carbon, lets craft steel/wire for oak stuff
4) oh I run out of Oak, lets put a couple APs into WC
5) What was I doing? Ah yeah, I need feathers, back to Small Spring

I find myself jumping from zone to zone because something hits max inventory and I need other resources to craft that into useful stuff. This whole cycle is really fun for me, trying to not void anything useful and get some progress on all those masteries and GMs.
Yep, this is like my favourite part of the game too.

I don’t know who needs to hear it but I did: there’s a fishing mastery calculator in the Community Guides that’s really helpful (the one by WhatTheFox is the one I’m using). I had been pretty much just spamming nets at zones where I saw a fish I was close to mastering, but this gives it a lot more focus and I was able to knock out a couple of quick GMs with the opportunities this calculator identified.

Still a tough call whether to put nets to GM or silver, since I need more of both to get to the top of the drat tower.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

poo poo, what a great deal on unpolished jade

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

Ghostlight posted:

poo poo, what a great deal on unpolished jade

they honestly should have the personal requests gated behind a level because if you're not like 95x4 they're pretty much never worth it

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
Great, another corn jail.

Such a fun meme, lets embrace it completely.

I much rather grow corn another 100 times instead of growing mushrooms to progress towards more GMs.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

Ineptitude posted:

Great, another corn jail.

Such a fun meme, lets embrace it completely.

I much rather grow corn another 100 times instead of growing mushrooms to progress towards more GMs.

The first few quests in the chain have some decent rewards, it tapers off once they want 400 corn at a time. The chain it leads into wants stuff you need for ATI though so I stopped there.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

oh no

MORE TOWER LEVELS:
- Tower Level 101 to 110 is now reachable!
- This ties in a new 'Mega Mastery' system that will continue to roll out in future updates
- Tower Levels over 100 will require a certain amount of Mega Masteries, starting out fairly low and increasing as you climb higher
- The Artifact at 110 is obtainable, but has no effect yet.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Hah, I apparently have two mega masteries from boards and twine.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

rafikki posted:

Hah, I apparently have two mega masteries from boards and twine.

Same. Apparently you only need 4 to get to Level 110, so either wait until Iron Ring and Mushroom get there, or go back to Large Island/Pirate’s Cove and Mega-Master the common ones there.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Where do you see mega masteries? Doesn’t seem to be showing up for me anywhere.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

HelloNewman posted:

Where do you see mega masteries? Doesn’t seem to be showing up for me anywhere.

if you have any, a sentence will show up at top of your masteries page, if you don't have a little blurb about it you probably don't have anything that's hit a million yet.

HelloNewman
Aug 8, 2007

When you control the mail, you control information!

Kaboobi posted:

if you have any, a sentence will show up at top of your masteries page, if you don't have a little blurb about it you probably don't have anything that's hit a million yet.

Thanks! Looks like my highest is boards at 700k so I’ve got a while to go

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Pirate cove unlocked

Eat my butt, rubber ducks

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

So I'm closing in on getting level 6 in all the pre-4x99 pets and wondering what my next silver goal ought to be. (Missing owl, hedgehog, tarantula, rock, and penguin. Probably going to hold off on owl, rock, and penguin for a while, likely until I've gotten to the first few 10b milestones.) I'm assuming it's saving the 10b to unlock the tower, then the 10b farm row and storehouse, then working on the 4x99 pets because I'll probably have finished my WC grind by then?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

If you're closeish to 4x99 I'd start saving the 13b or however much to need for all the non-onion 99 pets to level 6, as they speed up the ATI grind quite a bit as well as give you a bottomless supply of spheres and chests and keys.
After that, start putting your money into ATI hurdles and the storehouse's 10b upgrade.

I'd put the farm row at the bottom of all that.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Kaboobi posted:

If you're closeish to 4x99 I'd start saving the 13b or however much to need for all the non-onion 99 pets to level 6, as they speed up the ATI grind quite a bit as well as give you a bottomless supply of spheres and chests and keys.
After that, start putting your money into ATI hurdles and the storehouse's 10b upgrade.

I'm at 98, 99, 99, 92, so a few weeks out at a minimum.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018
What should I spend exploring on once I’m 4x99? Just whatever I need to GM stuff?

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah, wherever you want to GM stuff and gather things for quest. I still spend a lot of time in WC and the Forest.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN

Kaboobi posted:

That’s a good plan. I hit my final 99 with 13.3333b silver and instantly got the bear and capy to level 6. It’s a lot of money but they both provide a lot of value.

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

FarmRPG posted:

BACK TO SCHOOL EVENT PRE-HYPE
- In early August there will be a 'Back to School Bash' Event!
- Dates will be announced in another update soon. The event will focus on 'learning' with a lot of Crafting/Mastery/AK perks and some nice Special Help Requests. More details when we are closer to being ready!

Start your stam hoarding!

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Unponderable posted:

Start your stam hoarding!

Start?

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

I’ll still probably wind up with more at the end of the event than I started with, unless the new Explore zone drops before it.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
210 moonstones to go…

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

I love using the seemingly unlimited craftwork sets to just shuffle through my workshop in easy mode.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
Fishing merit badge acquired.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Crikey that’s quite an achievement I don’t think I can even contemplate working on that.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Goddess has been hitting achievements left and right!

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

That’s quite a feat, congrats

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

monkeytennis posted:

Crikey that’s quite an achievement I don’t think I can even contemplate working on that.

It took me 60ish hours I think. But you can do it while commuting on the bus or during boring meetings at work.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Look I don't like spiders and you obviously don't like me but I still need like 50 more for this stupid quest.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

If anyone has any cheese burning a hole in their wallet, I'm a couple hundred short for this ATI quest. IGN is killdozer.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

susan b buffering posted:

If anyone has any cheese burning a hole in their wallet, I'm a couple hundred short for this ATI quest. IGN is killdozer.

You been full so you got this sorted, eh?

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Thank you spider friend.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

tuyop posted:

You been full so you got this sorted, eh?

I could use 80 more if you want to throw in :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

susan b buffering posted:

I could use 80 more if you want to throw in :)

Sent 60 your way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
That should be more than enough :)