Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

i say swears online posted:

In Mexico. Last night my friends asked me if I had seen people walking, which I hadn't. Apparently over the last few weeks several thousand people have walked the entirety of coahuila. Apparently the governor of the state has an agreement with Abbott that if anyone even LOOKS like a migrant, it's illegal to carry them in train, bus, truck, taxi or uber, forcing them to do the dangerous mountain passes and the chihuahuan desert on foot. This helps "solve the problem" of migrant deaths on the texas side. I haven't heard ANYTHING about this in english media

Where were you? I definitely saw them when I was visiting Monclova this past weekend . I saw they also setup wells alongside the roadside for them to get water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Same route, just on monday! I definitely would have noticed, I was white-knuckling it, radio off windows down the whole way

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

https://twitter.com/lmcgaughy/status/1552267495406452738

gently caress me in the goat rear end, said Cruz.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

When I think “sexual freedom” I think about Ted Cruz, a man who once argued in court in favor of a cap on personal dildo ownership

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

zoux posted:

He's probably just trying to make a "I'm not homophobic" fig leaf before opposing the same sex marriage protection senate bill

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why would he give a poo poo

https://twitter.com/Mike_Hixenbaugh/status/1552268921218240512

"My child should not be exposed to these trite and jejune graffiti. Oh McDonalds is a Hitler how insightful"

zoux fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 27, 2022

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Why would he give a poo poo

https://twitter.com/Mike_Hixenbaugh/status/1552268921218240512

"My child should not be exposed to these trite and jejune graffiti. Oh McDonalds is a Hitler how insightful"

I'd be annoyed at having to learn about Banksy too, but not for the reasons this idiot thinks Banksy is bad for.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

A Pro George Floyd person, if you know what I mean.

No! It's so self-satisfied!

zoux fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jul 27, 2022

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

zoux posted:

A Pro George Floyd person, if you know what I mean.

No! It's so self-satisfied!

They're not even kissing!
They're just riding in a Tokyo subway.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
So great the Dem leadership helped this guy win

https://twitter.com/veenadubal/status/1552294858840330246

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I don't think that bill's gonna become law. I think that bill's supposed to help him against his GOP challenger in Nov (it will not)

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Bananana posted:

Is it being televised or broadcast?

Do a youtube search for "459th district court", they start a new live stream every day and delete the old one since there's no recording allowed.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
My bad, ignore

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
I’m seeing a lot of ads on TV about protecting online small businesses and it sounds like bullshit. Is this the same bill?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

Lol, stopped clock.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It is interesting that Ted Cruz, who never says a thing that he doesn't think will ingratiate himself with the Christian right wing, is comfortable with this position. Kinda shows where the party is in that regard. They should still repeal DOMA tho.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

What part of the Bible is fleeing to cancun in?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

The Bananana posted:

Matthew 2, actually

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I want to be clear here: Ted Cruz is a charlatan who leverages support with the world's most gullible people, evangelical Christians. He is not himself one, though he may profess it, but he is quite aware of what to say and how to say it to be perceived as part of the club. So, him saying that means that he doesn't think that going to the mat on this particular issue will help him with evangelicals, which gives us an indication of where that bloc is. Though like two weeks ago he was talking about how Obergefell was wrongly decided so who the gently caress knows.

Matthew 2, actually

And THE LORD spake unto them, saying "Southwest has a great deal on round trips to Mexico right now, y'all wanna?"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Ted Cruz is trying some things out and seeing how they resonate, and if he gets more time on the news (or whatever his metric is) by being a thing, he'll be that thing. It's not like anyone remembers anything on the right or brings up anyone's record ever.

Remember all that poo poo he said about Trump, immediately before giving him the moistest kiss in the GOP?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

zoux posted:

And THE LORD spake unto them, saying "Southwest has a great deal on round trips to Mexico right now, y'all wanna?"

I just bought cucumber flavored cigarettes, never coming back

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Though like two weeks ago he was talking about how Obergefell was wrongly decided so who the gently caress knows.

That will just let him play both sides once he waits to see where the winds are blowing so he can (in his mind) always be on top.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I just bought cucumber flavored cigarettes, never coming back

When I went on my senior class trip to Germany, they had little vending machines all over the place selling smokes, not like the machines we used to have here, but like five brand kiosks bolted to random walls. They were selling Lucky Strikes, so being an American in Germany I thought it only right and proper that I smoke what the Greatest Generation smoked when they were over there. Turns out they were the best cigs I ever had, like a buttery flavor, just tremendous. Smoked em the whole time I was there. Get back to the states, go into a c store to get a pack of Luckies (said insouciantly and to the delight of women in earshot) and I guess they don't make em the same way over here because they were fuckin garbage.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Ctrl+f and replace luckies with McDonalds

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

Matthew 2, actually

zoux posted:

Lol

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

One of the most successful projects of the American government for the public good was coming down hard on smoking and dramatically reducing the amount of smokers and reducing the affordability and availability of cigarettes.

Which I get sucks if you like the feeling and experience of dying of cancer and secreting an aura of poison.

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

The Bananana posted:

If you think about it, Cancun is a modern-day Goshen

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

One of the most successful projects of the American government for the public good was coming down hard on smoking and dramatically reducing the amount of smokers and reducing the affordability and availability of cigarettes.

Which I get sucks if you like the feeling and experience of dying of cancer and secreting an aura of poison.

Yeah but I miss it so much, it fit me like a glove. Quitting absolutely destroyed my social life too, I never go anywhere anymore. If they ever cure cancer or we detect an ELE-class asteroid a few weeks out, I'm off the fuckin wagon.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

yeah I'm out when brandon kills menthols. smoking makes you look cool and that'll never change though

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

Democratic Pirate posted:

Ctrl+f and replace luckies with McDonalds

ctrl+f and replace McDonalds with döner kebab.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Dameius posted:

rip Vert's

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

yeah I'm out when brandon kills menthols. smoking makes you look cool and that'll never change though

It's bizarre to me how vaping is catching on among the youths, because Humphrey Bogart never vaped. I, like everyone else in the world, started smoking to feel more grown up and to look cool (and it works!) Vaping looks loving stupid and instead of a thin cloud of disrespectful smoke punctuating your bon mots, you're obscured in a cloud of mango flavored loser juice

Dameius posted:

There's a couple of places that do good doner, but nothing like im Deutschland. Of course, they don't have tacos.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

It's bizarre to me how vaping is catching on among the youths, because Humphrey Bogart never vaped. I, like everyone else in the world, started smoking to feel more grown up and to look cool (and it works!) Vaping looks loving stupid and instead of a thin cloud of disrespectful smoke punctuating your bon mots, you're obscured in a cloud of mango flavored loser juice

There's a couple of places that do good doner, but nothing like im Deutschland. Of course, they don't have tacos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_aNYRPEZOY

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Was such a great place to grab lunch.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

contrast with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOWaHTlq-hI&t=32s

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Anyway that's basically how I looked every time I lit up.

Dameius
Apr 3, 2006

zoux posted:

Smoking and vaping makes you look dumb but in different ways and who cares, so long as people treat their public vaping like smoking, as in, do it over there, I don't care.

Also you're right that it ain't as good as any random corner stall in Munich, but there are a lot of places north of Harwin, south of San Felipe and east of Gessner, west of Fountain View to get some pretty good kebabs and related food.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

zoux posted:

I don't think that bill's gonna become law. I think that bill's supposed to help him against his GOP challenger in Nov (it will not)

No bill ever becomes a law, it's all grandstanding and posturing.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

zoux posted:

It's almost as if there's an addictive chemical inside encouraging you to plop down cash on huffing poison like an idiot.

Fools, I will never look cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Very different from the kebabs I got in Berlin, but fantastic. I miss the one we had in Houston.