Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

The Hungarian government?

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

ethanol posted:

He’s going to win this Sunday I heard

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

you know what's worse than the hungaroring?

A month off motogp? We can finally watch some actual racing

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
Friend of mine bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen (pbuh) at Hockenheimring. Thought I'd share with the thread.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

MrMojok posted:

This better not be the last Spa race.

I heard it on good authority that they are keeping Spa and ditching the Hungarian GP in favor of Road America.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

GramCracker posted:

I heard it on good authority that they are keeping Spa and ditching the Hungarian GP in favor of Road America.

That would own, no pit garages, all work done in the open.

Give european spectators heart disease from the concessions

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
porsche bought 50% of red bull racing

Zeta Acosta fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 27, 2022

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zeta Acosta posted:

porshe bought 50% of red bull racing

Porsche has never made a good car

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I bought a 9-11 porchuh

Shes Not Impressed
Apr 25, 2004

nawilo_420 posted:

Friend of mine bought tickets to see Bruce Springsteen (pbuh) at Hockenheimring. Thought I'd share with the thread.

They'll racing in the street

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Do any effects of that acquisition kick in before 2026?

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC
Really glad I didn't buy the Panamera GTS I was looking at now. I'm not sure I could live down being associated with Red Bull.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I quit my job, going golfing for a month

I also bought two 4K montiors and everything looks incredible on them.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

MustardFacial posted:

A devastating loss for McLaren

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I just got rid of my 48 inch 4k monitor and switched back to 2 27" 2k monitors.

I'm pulling a Williams.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
I browse in VR my monitors are infinitely large

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

MustardFacial posted:

What's in your bag?

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 15 days!
I have a 13 inch screen on my macbook, not sure about the resolution tbh tho

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLoIoroWMkI

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
The most insufferable car brand bought the most insufferable F1 team.

Lot of synergies to be had here - looking forward to seeing Porsche guy add an RBR shirt to his wardrobe of pebble beach polos.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Sab0921 posted:

Lot of synergies to be had here - looking forward to seeing Porsche guy add an RBR shirt to his wardrobe of pebble beach polos.

if anyone hasn't watched the randy lanier documentary it owns for many reason, but one of them is beating porsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwQcnDT7xT0&t=28s

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

Sab0921 posted:

If you were to guess what car Horner would buy it is definitely a base model 911 so that he can chat about how the four wheel drive models are for people who can't handle the power of a Porsche.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Shameful admission: turn 2 of the Hungaroring is my favorite turn on the F1 calendar.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
https://twitter.com/F1Insider_/status/1552356355498975232

Russian Bear
Dec 26, 2007

Can't wait for another outside manufacturer to find out what a horrible money pit F1 is.

Is RedBull in $$ trouble or something? They also sold off their sponsorship of mountain bike World Cup.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

:rip: red bull competitiveness in 2026

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Charles Leclerc posted:

What's in your bag?

Old poo poo and I'm actively looking into getting fitted for a replacement everything, except putter.

I have to fix my iron striking first though before I do any of that.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

So what do Red Bull have to do?

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

so this is instead of porsche/vw running two new teams?

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

AlphaTauri free themselves from the hated Red Bull camp, Gasly 2027 WDC

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Thanks Ants posted:

Sounds like they just provide the livery? Honestly the way that tweet reads is that Porsche is going to do most all of the heavy lifting. I hope part of the Porsche takeover is just absolutely jettisoning Christian Horner into the deepest recess of the galaxy

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi

Zeta Acosta posted:

porsche bought 50% of red bull racing

:negative:

Sab0921 posted:

I will not.

:negative:

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

adding yet another item to the list of things hitler and max verstappen have in common

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Thanks Ants posted:

Maybe Porsche designs the stuff but Red Bull makes it? I wonder how race operations for making decisions is gonna go.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Porsche buying 50% of RBR? I fully believe that.

Porsche then throwing out the staff and infrastructure that’s been around for 25 years in order to build the chassis themselves? And not making use of that brand new Red Bull Powertrain setup that’s had money poured into it?

C’mon y’all. Source better news, or wait for the actual info. Apply some thought. Not even Porsche is that dumb and full of hubris. They’ll brand the engines, but the work should still be done where it is now. Maybe the race engines will have some help from Porsche’s race dept., but you don’t throw away that much institutional knowledge.

ethanol posted:

so this is instead of porsche/vw running two new teams?

Nah, rumor is still Audi buying into Sauber and also developing their own engine.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Charles Leclerc posted:

What's in your bag?

If there isn't at least a 3 iron I will be judging hard

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I'm no brand expert, but I tend to think that perhaps it would be better to buy into the team that is gonna win all of the championships this season rather than the team who's only noteworthy achievement is getting their car stuck behind a tire barrier.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Oh boy are we gonna get into golf chat now? I'd love to see F1 fans' hot takes about golf clubs. :allears:

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

acidx posted:

I'm no brand expert, but I tend to think that perhaps it would be better to buy into the team that is gonna win all of the championships this season rather than the team who's only noteworthy achievement is getting their car stuck behind a tire barrier.

I mean, there's a reason BMW bought into Sauber as well when they did - the company has done a good job at investing in its facilities, and the Sauber wind tunnel is used by plenty of other race teams that don't have their own (I think the Toyota one in Cologne is also used by others for the same reason). I think Sauber even helped in the last iteration of the R18 Le Mans car? The one that definitely had a F1-style high nose.

that said yes, buying into Red Bull would make sense, and The Race lays out a bit more realistically what is being proposed for the Porsche purchase

quote:

The Conseil de la Concurrence publication suggests notification of the intent for Porsche to acquire 50% of Red Bull Technology Ltd – a subsidiary of the Austria-based Red Bull GMBH – was lodged on July 8, the Friday of the Austrian GP.

The document also confirms the aim of a joint venture between Porsche and Red Bull would be to develop and manufacture a power unit for Red Bull Technology.

Porsche is understood to lack the facilities to build an F1 engine in-house, hence the desire to partner with Red Bull, which has the necessary dynos and other equipment as part of its recently-established Powertrains arm. Porsche’s technical role in the engine programme would be limited at best but buying a stake in the team shows the extent of Porsche’s interest in an F1 commitment and that it would not be satisfied with just a glorified engine badging deal.

oh, hey, that's exactly what's been suggested and rumored for months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Kirios posted:

Oh boy are we gonna get into golf chat now? I'd love to see F1 fans' hot takes about golf clubs. :allears:

Every single golf club should be shut down and the land converted into public parks and affordable housing