Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

How is that not satire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my homie dhall
Dec 9, 2010

honey, oh please, it's just a machine

Beefeater1980 posted:

loving hell so this is where my practising certificate fees are going.

we have trust in you :)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i think melissa pang has a lot to answer for in writing those lyrics but i appreciate the difficulty of prosecuting the president of the immediate past.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

they need to hire the people who made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHL-0N07rxo

cuz none of their english propaganda songs have been catchy since

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

just gonna jam to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbBKPqOh6DU again

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Fresh out of the NZ thread

Slavvy posted:

As close to zero chance of catching covid as can realistically be done

Government actually giving a poo poo about people who live there

Able to plan things in advance and think long-term

Isn't run by billionaires

I don't know of any neolib democracy that has managed this despite a good half a century of trying.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Hey, 0/4 isn't that bad.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
Neolibs are trying to do those things?

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Let's be fair. That post is a good argument against democracy, just not for the reasons listed.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

WarpedNaba posted:

They should extradite him there with no treaty since the precedent is already set.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

lol:

avoid doorways posted:

I wish I lived in China so I couldn't read these posts

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Ailumao posted:

they need to hire the people who made this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHL-0N07rxo

cuz none of their english propaganda songs have been catchy since

https://twitter.com/chenweihua/status/1334561058799964164?s=21

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
please dont put in the peoples daily that i got mad

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Gaius Marius posted:

Let's be fair. That post is a good argument against democracy, just not for the reasons listed.

“Vimes had once discussed the Ephebian idea of ‘democracy’ with Carrot, and had been rather interested in the idea that everyone had a vote until he found out that while he, Vimes, would have a vote, there was no way in the rules that anyone could prevent Nobby Nobbs from having one as well. Vimes could see the flaw there straight away.”

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

WarpedNaba posted:

I mean...

Slavvy posted:

Honestly yeah, but I'm not smart or well referenced enough to explain why. There are other posters on this forum that would do a better job but the tl;dr is that educating people is not a genocide and the only alternatives I've seen to the Chinese method of integrating minorites is to let them become a destitute underclass. The vast, vast majority of sources for this stuff devolve to a guy called Adrian zenz or just the US state department directly.

lmao

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Sad thing is there are probably a fair number of people who aren't actively evil, genocide denying shitbags, but just kind of dumb and ill-informed, and all they know is some tankie horseshit they heard once on a podcast or vaguely remember from twitter and take it seriously.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

Sad thing is there are probably a fair number of people who aren't actively evil, genocide denying shitbags, but just kind of dumb and ill-informed, and all they know is some tankie horseshit they heard once on a podcast or vaguely remember from twitter and take it seriously.

I dunno, it's pretty evil to go "Gee, I haven't hear any good alternatives to educating minorities besides concentration camps and genocide!"

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

"I'm not qualified to tell you what the alternative to genocide should be, so let's just not get into that."

Xerxes17
Feb 17, 2011

As I am not a genocide expert, I cannot comment.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
C'mon guys, it's only forced relocation and re-education camps, when have those things ever been bad?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Megillah Gorilla posted:

C'mon guys, it's only forced relocation and re-education camps, when have those things ever been bad?

How can we say that forced relocation and re-education camps are bad when the United States has historically done the same thing? Everyone knows it’s impossible to say two different things are bad at the same time

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I am defeated!

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Hell no, we won't go

into topics that are none of our business and which intrude upon internal matters of the sovereign Chinese nation

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

thetoughestbean posted:

How can we say that forced relocation and re-education camps are bad when the United States has historically done the same thing? Everyone knows it’s impossible to say two different things are bad at the same time

I think you'll find that genocide is great as long as the Chinese are doing it. Those terrorists deserved it anyways. The US is just as bad. Why are you complaining? I think the Uighyrs would agree that it was wonderful, if they could only speak the mandated language we are forcing them to learn.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Because the US is bad, every other country that opposes the US is good

I am very smart

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

Kchama posted:

I think the Uighyrs would agree that it was wonderful, if they could only speak the mandated language we are forcing them to learn.

But they can still dance!

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
When you think about it, isn't the vicious spreading of Western ideas like "democracy" and "human rights" just the epitome of colonialism? Do you really think some ancient Greek pederasts know what's best for the people of China? 5,000 years of history have shown the efficacy of traditional Chinese politics (TPM).

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

the uyghur concentration camps are just a cultural melting pot with chinese characteristics

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

Paper Lion posted:

the uyghur concentration camps are just a cultural melting pot with chinese characteristics

I fuckin told everyone about hot pot. I told you bro!!

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Forced sterilization? Putting 2 million men in prison so they can't pass on their genes? Jeez, it's almost like they're trying to remove those genetics. Some kind of... gene death.

:thunk:

[Nathan Fielder voice]: Can we... not do that question?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

If the Great Leap Forward's taught me anything, it's that apparently Genocide doesn't count if you're doing it to your own country.

Marcade
Jun 11, 2006

Who are you to glizzy gobble El Vago's marshmussy?

Kill your own people? We're sort of fine with that. Kill people next door? After a couple of years we won't stand for that.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

edit whops

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone

by which I mean the glorious president who has read Marx much better than me and judges who needs to be educated. While I'm no expert and not a very knowledge poster, I strangely don't want it to be me however.

ThisIsJohnWayne fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jul 27, 2022

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Kchama posted:

I think you'll find that genocide is great as long as the Chinese are doing it. Those terrorists deserved it anyways. The US is just as bad. Why are you complaining? I think the Uighyrs would agree that it was wonderful, if they could only speak the mandated language we are forcing them to learn.

The U.S. runs genocidal detention camps?

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

BigBadSteve posted:

The U.S. runs genocidal detention camps?
you might be able to debate on the present tense of that, but it's absolutely something that has happened.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_reservation
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Indian_boarding_schools

Billy Ray Blowjob
Nov 30, 2011

by Pragmatica
Just LOL, LMAO if you think China is in any way anywhere near as evil and hosed up as the US.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

BRB your rap sheet is stacked as gently caress

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

haha lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

Billy Ray Blowjob posted:

Just LOL, LMAO if you think China is in any way anywhere near as evil and hosed up as the US.

i dunno, noted chinese leader chiang kai-shek sucked p hard