Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Holy poo poo this is exactly the news I have been waiting for. Thank you SA Xbox thread!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

robLox :(

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
gently caress this gay earth.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Who holds the rights to “oof”

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sony acquired it for $78 Billion according to Jason Schrier

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
today i learned they're working on a KOTOR remake :dance:

:smith:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

sponges posted:

Tommy Tallarico.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It sucks that Tommy is wrapped up in borderline NFT level scam poo poo because I honestly appreciate how much of an rear end in a top hat he is.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

elf help book posted:

my ps5 asking me to update the system, my controller every time i go to play

ps3 and 4

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

precision posted:

today i learned they're working on a KOTOR remake :dance:

:smith:

It’s the last Star Wars thing that’s worth a gently caress

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

sponges posted:

Skrillex

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lmfao.

chuckelZ
Jun 7, 2004

If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

American McGay posted:

It sucks that Tommy is wrapped up in borderline NFT level scam poo poo because I honestly appreciate how much of an rear end in a top hat he is.

If he would stay off crowd funding, I'd vote for him as videogame mayor.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Lifespan posted:

His books are excellent

He's got three of 'em. Which should I start with?

Edit: Or just two? Eh I just bought Blood, Sweat, and Pixels.

Fartington Butts fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Jul 27, 2022

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Apparently the creator of the oof sound effect wanted $10,000 and the multi-billion dollar corporation said no lmao.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FlapYoJacks posted:

Apparently the creator of the oof sound effect wanted $10,000 and the multi-billion dollar corporation said no lmao.

Its incredibly funny but not surprising considering their entire business model is ripping off other companies and praying that they don't decide to sue. I don't know how Lego didn't brutally destroy them 10 years ago.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Soul Glo posted:

Saints Row 4 was the best Crackdown

Played through Crackdown 3 on my underpowered pc and then on the Great Value Series S and that was the primary thought going through my head; "This is like an incredibly bland Saints Row 4."

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Blue Raider posted:

It’s the last Star Wars thing that’s worth a gently caress

i think it's only 5 bucks on xbonx right now, might just replay it. might just do

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

priznat posted:

I realized I want to try the new Hitman island but had it installed on my old PC (Epic) so might download on Game Pass on the new one instead - does anyone know if you login to your io account if it unlocks all your gizmos etc?

So to answer myself you can link your ioi account which unlocks all the levels but it doesn't show your progress from the levels or have the DLC (haven, the nyc bank, the extra sniper missions) or have any of the unlocked gizmos. Dammit!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
it would be super fuckin weird to play KOTOR on an xbonx with an xbonx controller, considering i did exactly that probably exactly 20 years ago during the 2 week period my ex and i had an OG xbonx lmao

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what even is time

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's the fire in which we burn.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

priznat posted:

So to answer myself you can link your ioi account which unlocks all the levels but it doesn't show your progress from the levels or have the DLC (haven, the nyc bank, the extra sniper missions) or have any of the unlocked gizmos. Dammit!
The levels should already be unlocked on account of the Xbox version of Trilogy being on Game Pass. When you first booted it up it should have asked you to link an existing IOI account (which it sounds like you did) or start with a fresh profile. If you linked your Epic IOI account then it should have unlocked all your mastery levels and gizmos. Maybe try forcing a refresh or linking and unlinking or something.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

American McGay posted:

The levels should already be unlocked on account of the Xbox version of Trilogy being on Game Pass. When you first booted it up it should have asked you to link an existing IOI account (which it sounds like you did) or start with a fresh profile. If you linked your Epic IOI account then it should have unlocked all your mastery levels and gizmos. Maybe try forcing a refresh or linking and unlinking or something.

Odd, it wasn't unlocked when I first started, it was going to make me do the boat level training thing. I quit and then linked my account to xbox in ioi (it was already linked to steam and epic) and then when I loaded it showed the other levels. Might have been unrelated to the linking. I will load up again and see if it unlocked that stuff!

e: tried some refreshes, unlinked from the xbox account and back again, does not seem to show up. Ah well!

priznat fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Jul 27, 2022

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Microsoft is bad at naming their consoles

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The names seem fine to me OP. Especially the Xbox Series X, the most powerful home console on the market.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

The names seem fine to me OP. Especially the Xbox Series X, the most powerful home console on the market.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
They should call it the Super Xbox.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Feels Villeneuve posted:

and the next one would be the Super Xbonx Series X

that's right, the SXSX

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
That just reminds me that there should be a new SSX game.

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

Feels Villeneuve posted:

That's a good name actually, weird no one's thought of that before.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Only bad Xbox name was the One imo, the rest are fine and are cooler than just putting a number at the end. Sega had the best names though and Nintendo does alright except for the Wii U and >New< 3DS

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

The SeXbox

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

hatty posted:

Only bad Xbox name was the One imo, the rest are fine and are cooler than just putting a number at the end. Sega had the best names though and Nintendo does alright except for the Wii U and >New< 3DS

Xbox One X caused Xbox Series X to be a bad name imo.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I think they should mix things up a bit with the next one and call it the S Box Series X, just to you know keep the consumers on their toes.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
Call it XXX Box XXXX SERIES XX BOX x

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Dave Mirra's XXXbox

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

1glitch0 posted:

Call it XXX Box XXXX SERIES XX BOX x

don't be silly

that last x is totally superfluous :colbert: