Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

we love our big beautiful boaters, don't we folks? :smugdon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

THS2 posted:

i could definitely be wrong, i guess my only point is if i were a public health administrator and i had limited resources, id make it clear anyone could get it, but i would focus those resources among the people so far the most likely to get and spread the disease

In a vacuum, that sounds like a good idea.

However given the government response to AIDS, it can feel very much like blaming the gay community especially when coupled with the harmful stereotype of gay promiscuity. The fact that it's literally the same guy (Fauci) who "handled" the federal response to the AIDS epidemic doesn't help.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

THS2 posted:

how are most cases transmitted tho, like to what community would you target with education and vaccines to slow the overall spread of the disease? i would imagine sexually active gay men. no one seems to be advocating mass producing smallpox vaccine and inoculating the general population. thats not the solution to every disease outbreak

whether it’s gay men or all sexually active people, you still don’t target education by saying “yall horny motherfuckers need to stop this” especially when you aren’t even sure if sexual transmission is the only way it’s happening. and I do want the smallpox vaccine cause our society has no other solution

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Cpt_Obvious posted:

In a vacuum, that sounds like a good idea.

However given the government response to AIDS, it can feel very much like blaming the gay community especially when coupled with the harmful stereotype of gay promiscuity. The fact that it's literally the same guy (Fauci) who "handled" the federal response to the AIDS epidemic doesn't help.

Yeah most of the poo poo coming out of the Biden cdc has this running through it and it's lovely as hell

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

THS2 posted:

i could definitely be wrong, i guess my only point is if i were a public health administrator and i had limited resources, id make it clear anyone could get it

and the biden admin has already failed by your standards :toot:

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Cup Runneth Over posted:

There isn't a risk it's literally already happening. Children get this disease dude. It's a huge threat to their lives, they're the most likely to die to it. How do you think that combines with the "monkeypox is homovirus" narrative?

It's literally the AIDS playbook and that's a disease that is still a pandemic 4 loving decades later.

Edit:
Measles making a comeback. Neoliberals just the absolute worst at fighting disease. Just utter trash tier failures of human beings.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

idk why but “homovirus” is really making me laugh

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
Makes me want Trump's take on it. "Kung flu" is still objectively funny. Racist as hell, but funny.

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

fair enough, thanks all. i still think us gays should get the vaccine first though. give me the vaccine fauci you bitch

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

THS2 posted:

fair enough, thanks all. i still think us gays should get the vaccine first though. give me the vaccine fauci you bitch

it’s a vaccine we already have and it’s not easily available I’m so annoyed. what country do I have to pretend I’m visiting to get it

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

gradenko_2000 posted:

we love our big beautiful boaters, don't we folks? :smugdon:

my friend said the government will help you get a boat if you're starting a fishing business & will fish in the disputed territorial waters

honestly sounds pretty smart

edit: only if you're hainanese I think tho

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

BrainDance posted:

I dunno, marginally so for gay males significantly so for transgender people, definitely definitely yes. Like by a lot. Suicidal ideation and mental illness is much higher among LGBTQ people in China.

whats your source for this?

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

THS2 posted:

i could definitely be wrong, i guess my only point is if i were a public health administrator and i had limited resources, id make it clear anyone could get it, but i would focus those resources among the people so far the most likely to get and spread the disease

you are wrong

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

indigi posted:

idk why but “homovirus” is really making me laugh

I stole it from the COVID thread

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

https://twitter.com/obsidianstatue1/status/1552101695391682561

China even does heartwarming stories better

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum
I have stopped worrying and love the bombs

Only registered members can see post attachments!

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

you are wrong

what would you do bitch

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

monkeypox is in no way an std, you get it from touch or from materials someone touched. it just happens that sex has lots of touching including in easy to get infected places so gay men are getting it first but it’s just a coincidence. soon it will ravage everyone and I hope that chairman xi hears our cries and saves us

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

THS2 posted:

what would you do bitch

im mass producing a vaccine and innoculating everyone

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Maed posted:

monkeypox is in no way an std, you get it from touch or from materials someone touched. it just happens that sex has lots of touching including in easy to get infected places so gay men are getting it first but it’s just a coincidence. soon it will ravage everyone and I hope that chairman xi hears our cries and saves us

also this (also airborne transmission)

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

Cuttlefush posted:

im mass producing a vaccine and innoculating everyone

until the vaccine is mass produced who would you give existing stock to first

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

the selfless moderators of the something awful dot com forums, of course

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

i would do a lottery

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I would take one dose for myself before distributing them in a fair and equitable manner

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
I'd give it to the heroic people of Ukraine

Maed
Aug 23, 2006

I would nationalize every drug company, execute their owners, and get them to make vaccines for everyone

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Breakfast All Day posted:

the selfless moderators of the something awful dot com forums, of course

The surest way to protect the children from infection.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

i swear if the whole ukraine thing is not what leads to WW3, and instead it's some god drat grandma going on vacation to taiwan that does it, i ... don't know what I'm gonna do

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
is Taiwan super catholic or something? Why does Pelosi care so much?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

sexpig by night posted:

is Taiwan super catholic or something? Why does Pelosi care so much?

checking on her husband's upcoming Asus stock buy

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Can you drink and drive in Taiwan?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Can you drink and drive in Taiwan?

I'll become anti CCP if Taiwan is the drunk driving rights nation

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dr. Jerrold Coe posted:

This just reminded me of the anarchist troop podcasters upset at blowback pods very historical take on the Korean "war" and crying tankie tankie when faced with events as they occurred

Lions led by Donkeys or What A Hell of a Way to Die? What did they say, cause after listening to episode 3 I had to go take a break and listen to some other stuff cause I was getting mad at what as demon nation we are

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

KomradeX posted:

Lions led by Donkeys or What A Hell of a Way to Die? What did they say, cause after listening to episode 3 I had to go take a break and listen to some other stuff cause I was getting mad at what as demon nation we are

I think it's Lions, they're most prone to being mindless pro-American imperialism idiots under a thin mask of woke troop poo poo. What a Hell of a Way to Die tends to just be boring woke troops.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
If Pelosi is going to Taiwan on a C17, I am taking the day off and go stock up on rice and propane tanks and water filter.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

didn’t one of the hell of a way to die guys praise the cia-run afghan special forces literal child-murdering death squads around the time of the us retreat from afghanistan last summer? remember reading something about it here on the forums

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

stephenthinkpad posted:

If Pelosi is going to Taiwan on a C17, I am taking the day off and go stock up on rice and propane tanks and water filter.

Chinese netizens are preparing for war in social media posts

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Comrade Koba posted:

didn’t one of the hell of a way to die guys praise the cia-run afghan special forces literal child-murdering death squads around the time of the us retreat from afghanistan last summer? remember reading something about it here on the forums

They have had a guest on who trained those guys. He's now in Ukraine trying to get his wife's family out, but still found time to train the local militia. Lol

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

They have had a guest on who trained those guys. He's now in Ukraine trying to get his wife's family out, but still found time to train the local militia. Lol

hanging out with the local azovs after a hard day at work of being a troop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

Hell of a Way was fun at first because it was just francis and nate telling each other stories of stupid/funny poo poo they've done/seen in the US military

then i got annoyed with it once they started having terrible guests like dumb anarchists who spend the entire episode having multiple tangents complaining about tankies or nate's dumb friends from trashfuture