Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Chernobyl Peace Prize posted:

Let me either level the traveler's talents once and be done, OR let me hotswap their element in the middle of a fight (in the middle of a combo, ideally!), or I will continue to never use them.

Garrand posted:

Sacrifice teammate slots but you put an element there instead with it's own energy meter and cooldown. I'd be up for that. Traveler isn't a moneymaker so I doubt they're going to put much more effort / energy into them outside of doing what they need to for each new element.

Honestly now that Traveler has access to four elements, I can see any of these being used as part of the fight with the big bad of the Sumeru arc or in the end game when all the Traveler's elements are unlocked. It'd be a cool way to show that things are serious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

If you can't run the domain yourself, you can run a healer and have randos carry you. And it can make domains with elemental shields go faster imo.

Gallipoli
Apr 27, 2004

Not the Italian city. No one cares about the Italian city.
"I always bounce back!"

https://i.imgur.com/zIs3CQs.mp4

Good thing his healing is almost as cracked as his buffing and batterying.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Nyoro posted:

Do you actually get more stuff for doing co-op?

Otherwise is there any purpose to the co-op experience?

There are a handful of achievements but it's mostly for fun.
In month one people would use it to e.g. get a friend to kill your pyro regisvine for you since you only had pyro dpses leveled up but that quickly became kinda irrelevant. Also people used to use it to gather crystal ore together but nowadays most players will have a decent hoard of weapon enhancement mats from events and stuff, plus there's enough ore in the world that you don't need co-op mats to hit the daily crafting cap anyways.

You can still use to steal your friends' overworld mats, especially stuff like fishing so you can get The Catch faster

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

finally unlocking the chasm (i am late)

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S

Nyoro posted:

Do you actually get more stuff for doing co-op?

You can funnel friendship points into one character by doing things that spend resin in co-op.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

This is what I was doing until I swapped Yelan in for Xingqiu and I can confirm: Is strong, is fun, is good at tasing things all to poo poo. XQ brings some interruption resistance to the table while Yelan's pure damage, so even if you have both options they're both good with the rest of that core!

Fair warning though, you'll learn to hate the poo poo out of ankle-deep water if you don't already.

You'll hate the poo poo out of beaches too because you can be far away from the water and still get zapped. I suspect that it might be because the water actually exists under the beach as well, you just don't see it, so using electro while on the beach causes it to react with the water tiles that are hidden under the sand. Considering how Inazuma is a bunch of islands and a ton of the commissions happens on the coastline or near bodies of water, it's pretty horrible. I guess it'll stop being a problem once we head to Sumeru though :v:

Come to think of it, having Inazuma be electro-themed while forcing you to spend so much time near its waters must be some kind of sadistic play on Hoyo's part. Imagine if using dendro near sand and deserts causes your character to instantly combust and take fire damage.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Jul 28, 2022

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

AG3 posted:

I guess it'll stop being a problem once we head to Sumeru though :v:

Instead we'll be rekt by Dendro reactions all the time!

Seriously though, I can see them being pretty annoying. Burning can already be a pain if you're not careful, and it's extremely rare to encounter right now. Now imagine enemies spawning plantbombs, exploding them or turning them into homing missiles, and putting debuffs on you that make any lowly hilichurl's Dendro/Electro projectiles do a bunch of extra damage.

Chunkystyle
Sep 7, 2018
Been trying to pull Heizou and so far I've gotten 3 Thoma, Ning and weapon. I'm higly considering whaling on this, but it will probably backfire...

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
The full Sumeru soundtrack has leaked.

:rock:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErzkKqaznio

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

The soundtrack is something I don't want to spoil for myself. I've only heard the battle theme from leaks. I want to hear the rest organically.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

wow the chasm is both much bigger and much deeper than I was expecting

it owns tbh

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I am loving this recent trend of events handing out arti xp. A year and a half late but yes please keep it up. Add arti xp to daily login rewards too pls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I forgot that there's another half to this update with Yoimiya's banner and it wasn't just going to jump right to Sumeru in about 6 days. So I'm gonna put in a few more wishes to try and knock out Heizou's constellations.

From 95, here we go

(10) Ning C29 (20) Noelle C49 (30) Ning C30 (40) Favonius Sword R2

Well it was worth a shot. I guess I'm waiting for them to rotate in the shop then.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

If we get a free Collei I'm pretty sure any wishes I save at this point are going to be waiting until Heizou gets a rerun on a banner where I don't have like c12 of the other 4*s

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

RareAcumen posted:

I forgot that there's another half to this update with Yoimiya's banner and it wasn't just going to jump right to Sumeru in about 6 days. So I'm gonna put in a few more wishes to try and knock out Heizou's constellations.

From 95, here we go

(10) Ning C29 (20) Noelle C49 (30) Ning C30 (40) Favonius Sword R2

Well it was worth a shot. I guess I'm waiting for them to rotate in the shop then.

Heizou won't be in the shop unless they change things... Hopefully they do, but I'm not holding my breath. Even some release characters have never been offered.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Heizou will be back in a few months, possibly on scaramouche's banner judging by speculative banner timings. Plenty of opportunities to roll 4 stars in the future.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gandlethorpe posted:

Heizou won't be in the shop unless they change things... Hopefully they do, but I'm not holding my breath. Even some release characters have never been offered.

Gonna have to get Heizou, Sayu and Kujou Sara off the shop, since wishing hasn't panned out so far!

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jul 28, 2022

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Hope they do add some 4s to the shop tbh, there are definitively enough 4 stars to have 3 characters per rotation by now. Maybe even 4?

Edit: With Heizou's release, they could have 4 per rotation and one character would still be left out :/

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jul 28, 2022

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Hope they do add some 4s to the shop tbh, there are defitively enough 4 stars to have 3 characters per rotation by now. Maybe even 4?

Edit: With Heizou's release, they could have 4 per rotation and one character would still be left out :/

Let's put that and my brilliant idea of uncapping how many characters you buy into the surveys! (Fischl and Xianling are available now, but you should just be able to buy 6 of either if you have the Starglitter is the change idea)

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

RareAcumen posted:

Let's put that and my brilliant idea of uncapping how many characters you buy into the surveys! (Fischl and Xianling are available now, but you should just be able to buy 6 of either if you have the Starglitter is the change idea)
I like this idea a lot.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

I like this idea a lot.

As a regretful Lisa constellation skipper, same

Kale
May 14, 2010

Lost first 50/50 of the year (got Jean C1 but still no Mona at all) but still have around 20K or so primos so could still technically get Kazuha over the next fews days. I'm not super into his character but his playstyle does look pretty neat so I dunno with Sumeru so close now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This is what I was doing until I swapped Yelan in for Xingqiu and I can confirm: Is strong, is fun, is good at tasing things all to poo poo. XQ brings some interruption resistance to the table while Yelan's pure damage, so even if you have both options they're both good with the rest of that core!

Fair warning though, you'll learn to hate the poo poo out of ankle-deep water if you don't already.

Yeah, my Yelan is objectively superior to my Xingqiu in a variety of ways, but is committed to my Yoimiya team (but this means Xingqiu is freed up for another group).

The Shinobu is mainly so I can have healing + Electro resonance (otherwise I'd need hydro to be a healer, which means no Xingqiu, or Sayu, which means no Electro resonance).

RareAcumen posted:

The most important and necessary change is still adding more team slots. I now have enough developed characters that I simply can't reasonably put everyone in a team.

ReverendHammer
Feb 12, 2003

BARTHOLOMEW THEODOSUS IS NOT AMUSED

Manatee Cannon posted:

the main purpose of coop in my experience is leeching off of your friends for ascension mats they're not actively farming

Pretty much this. When I play co-op with friends and they join up on my world there's always the question of "Hey, can I go collect this?" And I'm all "Knock yourself out".

Though with our group there is a joke on how "kick all the samurais in the dick for handguards" is the fifth daily quest.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Ytlaya posted:

Yeah, my Yelan is objectively superior to my Xingqiu in a variety of ways, but is committed to my Yoimiya team (but this means Xingqiu is freed up for another group).

The Shinobu is mainly so I can have healing + Electro resonance (otherwise I'd need hydro to be a healer, which means no Xingqiu, or Sayu, which means no Electro resonance).

If you're not dead set on having a true healer or Electro resonance, I was having great success with Heizou/Fischl/XQ/Zhongli before leveling up Yelan. I find XQ's healing is enough to avoid any visit to statues when Zhongli's on the team. Zhongli's RES shred will add an extra 8~9% damage to Fischl's and XQ's direct damage, as well as EC/swirl reactions. For Heizou, it'll give his attacks ~17% more damage. And this is before any artifact sets come into play.

Math talk:
Playing with my new refined mono-Cryo team has made me start breaking out the spreadsheets again to see just how much damage I'm getting by combining Kazuha and Zhongli, who are both capable of buffing DMG and shredding RES. I don't think I ever see any raving about this combo, maybe because no one uses Archaic Petra so they don't know that he can buff ele DMG as much as an 875 EM Kazuha while giving half a VV to everything.

Combining the two for -60 RES and +72% Cryo DMG, I'm doing ~24% more damage than if I just had Kazuha, and ~37% more damage than with just Zhongli (and ~87% compared to neither)! I think an Electro aggravate DPS could leverage the same kind of insane math abuse I do with Shenhe's quills. Keqing sweetie, your time to shine is coming.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrC7DTUsii8

Another official Dev Preview for Sumeru. Talks a bit more about story elements of the region and briefly introduces more characters, who we've all seen from leaks.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

No Wave posted:

I am loving this recent trend of events handing out arti xp. A year and a half late but yes please keep it up. Add arti xp to daily login rewards too pls.

I've got so much after a year and whatever of the teahouse that I'll never wind up using it. I cap so much on artifacts that even "might be useful for that hypothetical future cryo character who needs healing% but also crit..." ones get levels thrown at them just to free up space. There are multiple pages of +4/+8/+12/+16 artifacts that failed to be good. Maybe I just have super bad luck or something but I can't imagine ever having to tap into those consumables given how it can take weeks of resin to generate a single usable artifact.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrC7DTUsii8

Another official Dev Preview for Sumeru. Talks a bit more about story elements of the region and briefly introduces more characters, who we've all seen from leaks.

That girl's cute, I hope she uses a claymore because tiny girls with huge swords is always funny

Still really impressed with the Chasm.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Mailer posted:

I've got so much after a year and whatever of the teahouse that I'll never wind up using it. I cap so much on artifacts that even "might be useful for that hypothetical future cryo character who needs healing% but also crit..." ones get levels thrown at them just to free up space. There are multiple pages of +4/+8/+12/+16 artifacts that failed to be good. Maybe I just have super bad luck or something but I can't imagine ever having to tap into those consumables given how it can take weeks of resin to generate a single usable artifact.

I'm pretty much in the same boat. Artifact fodder is never in short supply because of just how insanely long it takes to get a decently useful artifact piece (or even just one with ~potential~). I have almost 6 million artifact exp worth of those pots, and I'm not sure I'll ever tap into them unless something fundamentally changes with how artifacts are farmed. I still buy them every week though, if only because they're the only way to store huge amounts of artifact exp without taking up increasingly more inventory space the more you save up.

I mean, yeah, you can feed artifacts into trash ones that you later feed for exp, but that just gums up the inventory with even more artifacts that will never be used, and I already have too many of those.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
I really want them to add a melting pot that I can just shove all my unwanted artifacts into to instantly transform into those xp consumables.

Something like Granblue Fantasy's "weapon reserve" system would be great.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I really want them to add a melting pot that I can just shove all my unwanted artifacts into to instantly transform into those xp consumables.

Something like Granblue Fantasy's "weapon reserve" system would be great.

Same. I don't like to spend my bad artifacts to get a single new artifact that is also bad, that just feels like a waste of artifact exp.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Also I think I would like English Paimon a lot more if her actor/ess used a voice more like the voice they do for Mizuki in AI the somnium files

FiftyFour
Jan 26, 2006
Tosspot
Has anyone tried the new sword with Qiqi yet?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Dire Straights challenges from this Diluc event are actually kinda hard. Maybe the hardest non-Abyss combat content I've encountered. Had trouble doing the most recent one in time (my Raiden/Yae Miko/Xiangling/Bennett team came through, though it still took 3 tries).

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

FiftyFour posted:

Has anyone tried the new sword with Qiqi yet?
I use it on her. It's the flute, but it's cool looking.

Ytlaya posted:

The Dire Straights challenges from this Diluc event are actually kinda hard. Maybe the hardest non-Abyss combat content I've encountered. Had trouble doing the most recent one in time (my Raiden/Yae Miko/Xiangling/Bennett team came through, though it still took 3 tries).
Today was the first day, after almost a year, that I was actually glad to have Raiden. I used your comp but with venti instead of yae.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

Good news Mona, Yelan, Ayaka, Sayu enjoyers

Edit: other leaks indicating that Tighnari will be added to the standard banner after 3.0! Hopefully Albedo gets the same treatment so they can have the full elemental gamut

gandlethorpe fucked around with this message at 11:41 on Jul 29, 2022

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

The Tighnari thing makes a lot of sense because his constellations were substantially weaker than inazuma rate-ups. I'm still gonna roll him because I don't wanna wait a year+.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Oven Wrangler

Oh my god... could it really be? Has the promised time finally come?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Surely that means they can go off ledges too? I'd assume so since you can sprint off them. Awesome.