Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

drat, bout to finish my Thorek campaign and im starting to get real stoked for IE

Think I might actually do a Nakai run for my first go around. Good way to learn the map and if I get bored, no big deal to start a different LL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Wish we could add a poll to thread, would be neat to see everyones fave race to play as here

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Dandywalken posted:

Wish we could add a poll to thread, would be neat to see everyones fave race to play as here

I wish the game kept track of your time played with different races and LLs

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?
It's going to be difficult not to start my first IE game and immediately SUNMON THE ELECTOR COUNTS, even if it is the extremely vanilla option. Maybe I'll take my favorite looking of the new Chaos LLs for a spin on the RoC map first to try out the new mechanics and Zanbaijin campaign narrative.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

finished Thorek. Pretty good campaign, nice objectives and the bonuses from getting the artifacts were fun. Thorek's quarrelers were insane, managed to get them 130+ ranged weapon damage, which ive never even seen before on a non-artillery unit. One unit alone got over 600 kills in the final battle lol

Still tho, dwarves werent my favorite on the battlefield since they were sooooo drat slow. You have to rely on your artillery/ranged since your main line isnt very killy. No monstrous infantry either, which makes sense, but kinda sucks for me since those are my favorite types of troops. It was nice that all my melee guys were complete walls tho, so much armor and MD that I didnt have to worry if they get tarpitted, as long as I had some quarrelers nearby to do actual damage

fuuucck, now what campaign do I do next? Was thinking maybe vampirates, since I never beat that campaign, but theyre also kinda similar to dwarves in that theyre very slow and rely a lot on ranged, but they dont have a very good anvil for their powerful ranged hammer units so that might really trip me up

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

I'm probably going to take out the dinosaur toys and revv up Kroqgar for a spin across the Southlands.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wanna know who the least played LL is.

Even as a big ol chaos stan I'm betting Archaon. Dude is boring as gently caress leading the faction that up until new patch is the most poo poo race. Especially given the biggest boi and the sexiest man alive are the alternates. Who picks Archaon?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Archaon at least is metal cover warlord, which is more than can be said for the likes of Ghorst

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

It’s 100% Tretch. Do we have proof anybody has ever played a campaign with him?

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
he gets good in grimhammer

RoyalScion
May 16, 2009
Think if I had to guess it'd be Ghorst or Alberic de Bourdealeaux. Maybe Khatep?

ad090
Oct 4, 2013

claws for alarm
Ghorst's 20% increase to research alone made him better then Tretch's/Khatep's entire campaigns, so im going with those as the least played.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
I'm going to go with Rakarth - late flc lord not introduced alongside any major content to bump up the player count, wildly overshadowed by the final update a few months after.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

RoyalScion posted:

Think if I had to guess it'd be Ghorst or Alberic de Bourdealeaux. Maybe Khatep?

I’d bet Khatep. Or maybe one of the Lizardmen. Depends on if we’re including game 1 playtime on whether to consider ghorst or the WoC lords.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Khatep at least probably gets some people trying him out because they want to know how hosed up it is.

Lugubrious!
Jun 12, 2001

Asehujiko posted:

I'm going to go with Rakarth - late flc lord not introduced alongside any major content to bump up the player count, wildly overshadowed by the final update a few months after.

His campaign is actually pretty fun though, whereas Tretch I've tried to boot up a couple times and somehow end up indescribably bored after 10 turns. I think his lack of mechanics and Naggaroth being my least favourite part of the map have something to do with it.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
I'm nominating Oxyotl. He's the newest in a faction that already had 6 lords. Outshone by Tuarox and the Beastmen update.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
oxyotl has a per turn teleport which means you're always fighting something interesting

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I would really find it hard to believe that anyone other than Khatep is the least played lord. It's seriously hard to even remember that dude exists

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

i like khatep cause his bound spell is cool and he gets an artillery mount, but holy poo poo are both his campaigns punishing to play. does he get moved at all in IE?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Let us all take a moment and laugh at the iron dragon

for you see, he has a bonus to ogres

ogres recruited from being nearby an ogre camp

those camps only have one ogre in it, their worst one

and his bonus only applies to those and not ones recruited from an outpost

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Third World Reagan posted:

I feel camps should let you recruit maneaters as well.

Lucinice
Feb 15, 2012

You look tired. Maybe you should stop posting.

Third World Reagan posted:

Wait the ogre camps only having the base bulls in them isn't a bug? They really need to change that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i like khatep cause his bound spell is cool and he gets an artillery mount, but holy poo poo are both his campaigns punishing to play. does he get moved at all in IE?

He does not, though the new map means he’ll have easy access to a sea lane.

Khatep has his unique achievement, and it has the lowest completion percentage of any in the game, 0.6%. See-Nile Crafter requires you to craft every item in the Mortuary Cult while playing as him. An achievement might attract people to play as him, but that’s an incredibly low percentage. On the other, other hand, gathering huge amount of currency to get the achievement does take longer than a Vortex campaign, so who knows what can be gleaned from that tidbit?

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

juggalo baby coffin posted:

Nah lol he's still squished up there in the corner. But the coast is open now I think so he can sail off to Cathay or down to Lustria and actual exist now

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I finished Khatep's campaign, and my biggest complaint is that his unique bound vortex has a tiny range, so it becomes pretty much useless once you get his artillery mount. It's a minor thing, but he is already such a hard legendary lord to play that his two unique perks being mutually exclusive bugs me.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Lucinice posted:

Wait the ogre camps only having the base bulls in them isn't a bug? They really need to change that.

why do you want to nullify outposts

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Dr Christmas posted:

He does not, though the new map means he’ll have easy access to a sea lane.

Khatep has his unique achievement, and it has the lowest completion percentage of any in the game, 0.6%. See-Nile Crafter requires you to craft every item in the Mortuary Cult while playing as him. An achievement might attract people to play as him, but that’s an incredibly low percentage. On the other, other hand, gathering huge amount of currency to get the achievement does take longer than a Vortex campaign, so who knows what can be gleaned from that tidbit?

You have to conquer or get perfect trades with nearly half the map because of the trade goods requirements. Even on easy difficult and as much AR as possible it is snooze-fest.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

DaysBefore posted:

Nah lol he's still squished up there in the corner. But the coast is open now I think so he can sail off to Cathay or down to Lustria and actual exist now

I think starting a grand migration to Cathay then moving on to the other side of Ind would be a pretty fun gimmick campaign. Khatep circumnavigating the world and trying to find out what's going on with Khalida

also trade not being rear end anymore is going to help TK's a ton

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!
His casket of souls (and really all of them) should a Morris engine effect and cause terror. That would help make up for them being so slow and easy to kill. Fits with there theme of being the literal ark of the Covenent from Indiana jones.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Khatep's campaign got a lot better in IE versus ME, although that's because of changes around him and not his start by itself. You're not nearly as boxed in and there's been a steady push towards adding more variety than Yet Another Dark Elf Slaver around. Hell, it might even be a bit less brutally difficult now that Grombrindal's up there as a potential ally.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Both the old and new Azazael designs are weak, they need to crib more from AoS slaanesh to stop them from being the most generic demons out there.

moonmazed
Dec 27, 2021

by VideoGames

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Morris engine

wow they really are adding an albion faction

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

i want to do a Taurox run but I dont have either beastmen or the Fury dlc. If I get just the Fury dlc, am I screwing myself out of anything besides the other LLs for the beastmen (i have no intention of reinstalling WH1 either way)

edit* one of the steam reviews implies that I need the og beastmen dlc to play as them in ME? that cant be right. I can at least use Taurox in ME, just not the other LLs, ya?

ScootsMcSkirt fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 28, 2022

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

orangelex44 posted:

Khatep's campaign got a lot better in IE versus ME, although that's because of changes around him and not his start by itself. You're not nearly as boxed in and there's been a steady push towards adding more variety than Yet Another Dark Elf Slaver around. Hell, it might even be a bit less brutally difficult now that Grombrindal's up there as a potential ally.

Of course dwarves and TKs tend to have a broken clock relationship

Tomb King: "RETURN GRAVE GOODS"
Dawi: "The Book seyz that dried-up ungi took my ancestors' relic"
Tomb King: "RETURN GRAVE GOODS"
Dawi: "The Book seyz that dried-up ungi took my ancestors' relic"
etc.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

moonmazed posted:

wow they really are adding an albion faction

When typing this on my phone it autocorrected originally to "Ark of the Coventry".

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

i want to do a Taurox run but I dont have either beastmen or the Fury dlc. If I get just the Fury dlc, am I screwing myself out of anything besides the other LLs for the beastmen (i have no intention of reinstalling WH1 either way)

edit* one of the steam reviews implies that I need the og beastmen dlc to play as them in ME? that cant be right. I can at least use Taurox in ME, just not the other LLs, ya?

As far as I know, that is correct. The only thing that the OG beastmen DLC gets you now is th other LLs.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Khatep is actually a fun, but extremely challenging campaign, once you get the ball rolling he has really great bonuses, hardest part is just not losing your cities to invisible beastmen stacks lurking around.

The option to go across the sea and not fight endless elves will be a great mixup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

I'm curious if Oxotyl's assassin targets will still get frozen while they're objectives in IE. I can see why they did that, but it was very weird. Like Snikch was an early target and instead of trying to fight him I just left him frozen for 9 turns while the pigbarter orcs rolled up his lands, instead of ganking him early on when I could.