Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Gripweed posted:

Well that’s convenient.

Comic books!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Wiccan is Scarlet Witch and Vision's child. He's also one of three kids of a Reform Judaism couple who live in New York. Both things are true, because Wanda has never at one point stopped to bother with causality, except to tell it to gently caress off.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I feel like there should be more comics where Wanda's chaos magic causes all kinds of bullshit to happen.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Gripweed posted:

Well that’s convenient.

I have painstakingly altered this comic to explain

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Gripweed posted:

They should keep adding potential explanations. Her mom was splashed with a bunch of chemicals and struck by lightning while she was pregnant, her dad did research on radioactive voles, she’s 1/16th Skrull, a time travel plot implies she might be herself from the future, etc.

With enough possible answers, no single answer could ever be true.

SLOTT

RAMOS

EDGE OF SQUIRRELVERSE

Actually I kind of want a Squirrelverse one-shot by literally anyone else. Dozens of variant SGs from across the multiverse, but aside from minor hairstyle differences they're otherwise completely identical personality-wise.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

SLOTT

RAMOS

EDGE OF SQUIRRELVERSE

Actually I kind of want a Squirrelverse one-shot by literally anyone else. Dozens of variant SGs from across the multiverse, but aside from minor hairstyle differences they're otherwise completely identical personality-wise.

You gotta do more than hairstyles, you need stuff you can create figures and cosplays of. Punk Squirrel Girl, Cyborg Squirrel Girl, Ninja Squirrel Girl, Goth Squirrel Girl, etc.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
That was literally something that happened in the book lol

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Namor better be a huge jackass.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Oh hey they acknowledged that the moon exploded in the new X-Men Unlimited infinity comic

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
great timing, since it just got put back together last week

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Well Spider man 900 wasn’t particularly good

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
I don't remember Zeb Wells ever being particularly good, no.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Zeb Wells consistently whelms me.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Zeb Whelms?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Zeb Wells is great I dunno what you guys are talking about. His New Mutants is an all-time run.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Nilbop posted:

Yes but did you ever think that one of doc Ocks arms wants to gently caress peter would be a plot point?

Because man I didn’t

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

For a minute I got confused but then I realized I was thinking of Jim Zub, who is good.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Nilbop posted:

Hellions was great, but nothing else he's done has impressed me much thus far.

Spidey didn't do much for me this week, but Ewing's Ant-Man limited series is off to an interesting start.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I liked 900 fine, but if I didn't know Wells wrote it I would have assumed it was a random unrelated one shot they had produced as an annual that just never got published. The art changing definitely is part of why.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Weirdly enough they are releasing Amazing Fantasy 1000 at the end of August and it sounds like it’s going to be what this issue was supposed to be

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Oh my God, it's not an RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade), it's an RPG (Rocket Propelled Genie)

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Enjoyed 900. Neat touch having the Sinister Adaptoid use old quotes from the Sinister Six. A lot of them were from their first team up in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Open Marriage Night posted:

Enjoyed 900. Neat touch having the Sinister Adaptoid use old quotes from the Sinister Six. A lot of them were from their first team up in Amazing Spider-Man Annual #1.

Yeah I really enjoyed that issue.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
Any-Man from Ewing and Tom Reilly was fun. Full of 1960s absurdity. A villain called the Window Washer? Yes please.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
Y'know, I just now realized the death timer of Mr. Fantastic gives you a pretty clear window for how long earth went without a moon for in universe.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
In regards to the conversation above about how Wanda’s kids wound up being reincarnated in the past instead of being born to the Kaplans and the Shepherds in the present…well, obviously the answer is still “comic book magic,” but if you’ve been keeping up with the new Young Avengers: Paradox Lost Infinity Comic, the recent issue strongly hints that there might be a more cogent explanation.

Tommy doesn’t just have superspeed; unknown to him at the moment, he might actually control time and so might be just as powerful as Billy, in a different way.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

site posted:

great timing, since it just got put back together last week

cowards

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Yes but did you ever think that one of doc Ocks arms wants to gently caress peter would be a plot point?

Because man I didn’t

pretty sure this didn't happen.

seriously, the arms were portrayed like a puppy dog, I do not know how you got to the place you got to.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude

Joe Fisto posted:

Any-Man from Ewing and Tom Reilly was fun. Full of 1960s absurdity. A villain called the Window Washer? Yes please.

The Viper is coming

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

enigmahfc posted:

seriously, the arms were portrayed like a puppy dog, I do not know how you got to the place you got to.

It's charlesthehammer.

#900 was okay. I liked the library backup more than the main story and the Kevin Feige interview was great. What a nerd.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

Because the last panel is then watching him kiss Black Cat and zooming in them

Was that to subtle for you, because the Simpson literally did a joke about that exact framing technique in the 90s so you would have to heard of it

Like if you want to be snarky at least pay a little attention first

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Because the last panel is then watching him kiss Black Cat and zooming in them

Was that to subtle for you, because the Simpson literally did a joke about that exact framing technique in the 90s so you would have to heard of it

Like if you want to be snarky at least pay a little attention first

okay

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Seeing Otto's kit get attached (both figuratively and literally) to Peter in this issue makes me remember how weird it is that we went through all of this Otto poo poo in the last few years yet Ollie Osnick is still presumably in jail and missing the arm that Gargan ate

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?

Beerdeer posted:

The Viper is coming

This is a giant pull and I'm all for it.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Beerdeer posted:

The Viper is coming

I see you and appreciate you

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Beerdeer posted:

The Viper is coming

Thankfully the book steers away from his original horrific design

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Uh I did not get a romance thing from the arms at all. It came off much more as an attached pet to me

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Codependent Poster posted:

Uh I did not get a romance thing from the arms at all. It came off much more as an attached pet to me

Watch more hentai.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

OnimaruXLR posted:

Seeing Otto's kit get attached (both figuratively and literally) to Peter in this issue makes me remember how weird it is that we went through all of this Otto poo poo in the last few years yet Ollie Osnick is still presumably in jail and missing the arm that Gargan ate

Unless he shows up again just assume he died in the negative zone prison that blasstar destroyed. It is best to assume this of all minor heroes and villains.

Mr Hootington fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Jul 28, 2022