Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

How about some abject horror this morning?

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1552662721124081664

Ah, refreshing.

Functionally it does seem like it'd work better than those claw machines at the arcade. Maybe I'd finally end up with a toy or stuffed animal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/DougJBalloon/status/1552354017610792962?s=20&t=-VUe1REmxZZiaBn3P1pR6w

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
My belief on relationships is that, at best you're gonna find someone who's 60% compatible with you, and the remaining 40% is between the two of you to make it work. There's no perfect soulmate.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

seiferguy posted:

My belief on relationships is that, at best you're gonna find someone who's 60% compatible with you, and the remaining 40% is between the two of you to make it work. There's no perfect soulmate.

agreed. all children's books that end with a "happy ending " should include "and they lived happily (WITH A LOT OF INTENTIONAL RELATIONSHIP MAINTENANCE AND FLEXIBILITY) ever after"

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Old man posting:

The road we have to take to get from our street into town used to be on the edge of town, and now has much more traffic than it used to. It's semi-bendy with two lanes, no shoulders, and in the woods. There are three little streets like ours that have no choice but to use it, and a fair amount of houses directly on it, so people walk and bike on it as well. It's a 40 MPH zone, which means people regularly do 45.

There is a section of our city website dedicated to traffic concerns that includes a form to fill out that then goes to a Traffic Engineer. I wrote something up pointing to a specific road designation defined by the Minnesota Statutes suggesting it would be more appropriate as a 35 MPH zone, and was optimistic when it gave me the name of the Traffic Engineer who would be reviewing the submission.

Next day I get this email:

quote:

To change the speed on a city street you'll need to bring your concern to a City Council meeting. That will begin the process of a possible speed change. Meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Monday of the month at 6pm.

which, ok, fair enough I guess, but it came from a sergeant in the city PD with zero response or even inclusion of the actual Traffic Engineer. Added bonus, I searched her name to see if she was the officer who pulled me over a few months ago, and one of the first hits on Google was a report of government salaries saying the PD sergeant earns a base salary of $125k per year!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Dunno if the dog is comfy

Bonus cat pic. He loves watching Yakuza games and I don't know why.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Listen y’all, you spell commitment issues with a me not a we, just embrace the cold, lonely narcissism of perpetual singleness and things are so much more simple!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
The Dr. and I are still going strong, and I'm very confident that neither of us have grating personalities or flaws in character that the other could ever possibly get tired of.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
But you're an Aggie???

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I want to see shirtless EmbryoSteve.

Post the shirtless pics.

I wanna see what made your wife fall in love with you!!!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
My gf and I are doing great despite us both being weird as hell. We're talking about her moving in sometime next year

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I love when dogs are snoozing in what appears to be an extremely uncomfortable position but they just love it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Mrs Euro and I are in a mutually-assured destruction pact at this point. Neither of us wants to date again, she knows I would be very bad at it, and I know that her career ambitions aren't achievable without my support (moral and financial).

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

C-Euro posted:

Mrs Euro and I are in a mutually-assured destruction pact at this point. Neither of us wants to date again, she knows I would be very bad at it, and I know that her career ambitions aren't achievable without my support (moral and financial).

How do you know she won’t dump you the moment her startup strikes it rich??!?!!

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Ornery and Hornery posted:

How do you know she won’t dump you the moment her startup strikes it rich??!?!!

That's what the remotely triggerable implant is for

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Prenups have got real serious

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I promise this is cute content:

https://i.imgur.com/9JSQkh3.mp4

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

they've stripped it for parts

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

literal whack-a-mole?

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Post the shirtless pics.

*bonk*

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I think those are stoats? Really cute

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

We saw otters in one of the two big ponds that separates us and two other houses from the rest of the street a couple weeks ago. 10/10 animal sighting, would recommend.

My dad and I saw some sort of stoat/weasel/ermine/mink the last time we were in Canada to fish, which was a new one for that trip. We have also seen otters up there, including one that swam under our dock, grabbed a little fish, then sat across from where we were and loudly ate it. Still adorable.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Mustalids almost universally good.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Post the shirtless pics.

I wish I had more pictures of 2014 me, but I dont have any access at work to post. Imagine a tall fairly muscular bearded white man with long hair and nipple rings who is on the verge of a 6 pack if not for all the binge drinking; singing to a large black pug

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

EmbryoSteve posted:

I wish I had more pictures of 2014 me, but I dont have any access at work to post. Imagine a tall fairly muscular bearded white man with long hair and nipple rings who is on the verge of a 6 pack if not for all the binge drinking; singing to a large black pug

Oh babey I’m imagining it right now

E: the pug is a great cherry on top

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Kalli posted:

How about some abject horror this morning?

:stonk:

Yo gently caress this

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

EmbryoSteve posted:

Honestly its amazing to me that people get in relationships that work at all.

It requires two people who are in the right place emotionally (open to relationship), in the same place geographically (for the most part) to actually meet, and in both those places at the same time chronologically. Like my wife never would have dated me if we didnt meet the way we did as she wasnt into "stoner bros" which i definitely was when we met, but since we lived together and she saw how I treated my dog and I was terminally allergic to shirts at the time she was able to build that initial attraction that would have been impossible via a dating app or if we met at bar or something.

Not even to mention the need for both parties to be willing to grow together, be flexible and skillful in managing and building a relationship.

All happy romantic relationships, including my own, blow my mind because holy poo poo do the dominoes need to line up right emotionally, geographically, and chronologically to have a real chance of finding someone and building something that lasts.

Not impossible though!

this is the hard one. sometimes digging deep to just be patient at times is a key skill. you'll fail at it from time to time and it's something you have to be mindful of -- when to let something go or how to discuss it.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And not, you know, gently caress other people.

Also update: interview went better than great and I'm hopeful and optimistic right now. :dance:

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

kiimo posted:

Also update: interview went better than great and I'm hopeful and optimistic right now. :dance:

Onward and upward :)

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Yeah I was in a relationship and realized she wasn't into it like I was which was frustrating. I took a couple months off to just focus on myself and then I had my gallbladder removed so that put me on the shelf for 2 months. So I am about to dip my toe back in the dating apps again after taking some new photos.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

"It came out medium well"

[mod edit] please don’t doxx them

Somebody fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jul 28, 2022

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
If that's our boy he done well by not going well done.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It isn't really balanced but it's night and day better than The One

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Maybe don't post the guys full name

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

If any of y’all were wondering what part of the bill could get Joe Manchin’s support, it’s this part shoving federal green energy initiatives into an industrial paper shredder.

https://twitter.com/ajeansu/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Someone should remove the goon doxxing post above

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

LeeMajors posted:

If any of y’all were wondering what part of the bill could get Joe Manchin’s support, it’s this part shoving federal green energy initiatives into an industrial paper shredder.

https://twitter.com/ajeansu/status/...ingawful.com%2F

Heck yeah - gently caress the environment!!!!

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

It's an attachment, so I can't remove it - but I figured this would be a safe space for it. I figured most if not all of us knew his full name.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I would eat that steak

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

It's an attachment, so I can't remove it - but I figured this would be a safe space for it. I figured most if not all of us knew his full name.

I've requested an edit from an empowered person, hopefully someone shows up soon. I don't think he put his full name on the forums, and the forums are google indexed, exposed to the public, etc.