Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Leperflesh posted:

I've requested an edit from an empowered person, hopefully someone shows up soon. I don't think he put his full name on the forums, and the forums are google indexed, exposed to the public, etc.

Cool, thanks. I added a hosted photo with his surname blotted out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If I'm on a work call scheduled for 30 minutes, I'm allowed to just dip when it goes 45 minutes over time right

E: should mention that my direct supervisor and project lead had both already left, though I did strand another co-worker with two consultants which was probably a dick move.

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jul 28, 2022

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
BT is right don’t post full names. Let dude live and grill and use homophobic slurs in peace

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

I didn't know Manas was his real name v:shobon:v

Decent looking steak though.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Did that Manas post not come from some other public space? I’m trying to figure out why it can’t be posted here if he’s freely posting it on his own.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

Bird in a Blender posted:

Did that Manas post not come from some other public space? I’m trying to figure out why it can’t be posted here if he’s freely posting it on his own.

Bruh

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Leperflesh posted:

I've requested an edit from an empowered person, hopefully someone shows up soon. I don't think he put his full name on the forums, and the forums are google indexed, exposed to the public, etc.

I don't know if it was twitter or Facebook, but Leper is right. especially the bolded part. especially if it's Facebook and their privacy settings are (smartly) turned to limit audience of posts.

if you're a user and you do that to yourself or share things yourself, that's one thing. but especially as they're now permabanned and don't appear to be coming back, things can still be tied back by people who want to go digging and put all that together. and while that sounds like an especially sad existence and hobby to have, people do do those sort of things.

no harm no foul this time, but let's keep that post snipped out of here and try to keep this in mind in the future.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Here it is for those who missed it:

:laugh:

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Agree with the don't doxx and all, but if that's him I am happy for his growth in making steaks. And impressed with his confidence in ever posting another steak on the internet.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

fartknocker posted:

To say nothing of how burnt it is, it's such a sad plate sitting by itself, no sides, just a bland white plate.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Leperflesh posted:

What’s the bolded mean?

I thought the subforums were invisible to non-members?

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

fartknocker posted:

The hole is the best part

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ornery and Hornery posted:

What’s the bolded mean?

Some are and some aren’t, iirc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

What’s the bolded mean?

With a few exceptions everything is visible to non-members IIRC. Like you definitely don't need to be a member to see the dumb poo poo I post in this thread.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

I'm just glad we don't want to associate that disgusting steak with Manas

This, however

fartknocker posted:

is art

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Skwirl posted:

With a few exceptions everything is visible to non-members IIRC. Like you definitely don't need to be a member to see the dumb poo poo I post in this thread.

who is the sad sack non-SA member who peruses the TFF chat thread where the same 30-40 30-50 year olds talk about getting old, relationships highs and lows, and argue about BBQ?

get an account weirdo

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
I did way back when I was a college student. I was also mostly used to posting in places that were mostly made up of other women, so male dominated forums were (and still kind of are) a little intimidating. I kept lurking even after joining for similar reasons but now I don't care as much.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I hit 3 months no booze today.

Gonna have a blow out for my brothers bucks weekend this weekend but after that I'm gonna just drive myself as hard as I can.

My goal was to hit the golden physique ratio by end of calender year and if I can stay disciplined I'll get there. It's definitely my most vain and shallow fitness goal but it keeps me motivated.

Need to think of a challenge for next year. Maybe I'll go full functional and try to do something with gymnastics rings or something equally dumb.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Gonna have a blow out for my brothers bucks weekend this weekend but after that I'm gonna just drive myself as hard as I can.

My goal was to hit the golden physique ratio by end of calender year and if I can stay disciplined I'll get there. It's definitely my most vain and shallow fitness goal but it keeps me motivated.

Need to think of a challenge for next year. Maybe I'll go full functional and try to do something with gymnastics rings or something equally dumb.

Yoga and climbing

My fatass started climbing to supplement my running and biking and let me tell you, there's nothing more motivating than trying to overcome a V1 to get to a your first V2.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

LeeMajors posted:

If any of y’all were wondering what part of the bill could get Joe Manchin’s support, it’s this part shoving federal green energy initiatives into an industrial paper shredder.

https://twitter.com/ajeansu/status/...ingawful.com%2F

My layman's read on that is that they have to offer the land up for lease, not that it has to be leased. There are already a bunch of leases nobody's doing anything with because it's not profitable.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yoga and climbing

My fatass started climbing to supplement my running and biking and let me tell you, there's nothing more motivating than trying to overcome a V1 to get to a your first V2.

Always been keen to try climbing but I have a legit phobia of heights. Maybe I should try and conquer that.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Hell yeah that's awesome. How's it been for you? Have you lost weight because of it?

I'm trying to stay on the wagon to get a new streak going. Goal is mainly cutting off the stubborn weight that won't come off when I'm drinking 1000+ extra calories each week. That and it's affecting my mental health more than it used to when I drink.

e: Oh yeah goal suggestion - being able to do an unassisted handstand?

Dango Bango fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jul 28, 2022

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yoga and climbing

I’m taking a lead class tonight :iia:

I guess we just need to learn to fall and catch on belay? I outweigh my SO by like 70 lbs so I worry I’m going to launch her into space if I take a header

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

BlindSite posted:

What's the golden physique ratio? I know the Golden Ratio, but that's about spirals and rectangles not a human body.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Length to diameter ratio?

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Always been keen to try climbing but I have a legit phobia of heights. Maybe I should try and conquer that.

If it helps at all, there are giant pads that help you cushion and falls and you will always go at your own pace. No one reputable would ever force you to go past your limits if you didn't feel comfortable. I advise going with a buddy or a small group too. It helps with encouragement to have people shouting your name and clapping for you when you do something amazing.

Freaquency posted:

I’m taking a lead class tonight :iia:

I guess we just need to learn to fall and catch on belay? I outweigh my SO by like 70 lbs so I worry I’m going to launch her into space if I take a header

oh wow i was talking indoor but that's awesome as hell. good luck!!

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Hell yeah that's awesome. How's it been for you? Have you lost weight because of it?

I'm trying to stay on the wagon to get a new streak going. Goal is mainly cutting off the stubborn weight that won't come off when I'm drinking 1000+ extra calories each week. That and it's affecting my mental health more than it used to when I drink.

e: Oh yeah goal suggestion - being able to do an unassisted handstand?

Can already do an unassisted handstand ;)

Yeah it was one of those things, I was still drinking and training super hard but it's just empty calories and even if you try to work the calories in you end up feeling lovely because you're underfed. It also affects protein synthesis, fat burning, dehydration plus motivation is hard. You don't want to get up and go for a leisurely walk on a Sunday when you're dusty.

I found I don't quite have the ups and downs with anxiety like I used to get. I used to be very anxious on Mondays and Tuesdays and it would taper off toward the end of the week but then weekend would be drinking again and the cycle would repeat.

I actually haven't lost much in scale numbers because I've been eating just under maintenance with a lot of protein to try and add lean mass but my physique has improved a lot. I also just have that extra burst of energy. I was running around with my brothers nephews the other week kicking a football and soccer ball on uneven ground and thought I'd wake up sore but woke up fine.

I find that general sadness and anger has improved too. Overall I'm much more patient and happier. I think that having that ritual of a few drinks or a lot of drinks on the weekend is an easy pattern to fall into and once you break that cycle you kind of wonder how you ever let it get that way.

Im not anti drinking and I'll be imbibing this weekend but if you want to be serious about a fitness goal its an easy target for "why aren't I improving how I want".

Skwirl posted:

What's the golden physique ratio? I know the Golden Ratio, but that's about spirals and rectangles not a human body.

Its an old school term that they apparently use as a blueprint for like the marvel super hero physique.

https://legionathletics.com/ideal-male-body/

It was just something I heard about on a yt video one day and thought hmmm wonder if I aim for that how close I can get at 34. Shallow af but eh, what's the harm.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I have to have a horrible conversation with a patient tomorrow.

I probably won’t sleep tonight.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 29, 2022

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

BlindSite posted:

Can already do an unassisted handstand ;)

It still counts as assisted if you're using your dick, mate

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

3 DONG HORSE posted:

It still counts as assisted if you're using your dick, mate

Hahaha I only do that with cock push ups by tenacious d blasting in the back ground like God intended.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

If it helps at all, there are giant pads that help you cushion and falls and you will always go at your own pace. No one reputable would ever force you to go past your limits if you didn't feel comfortable. I advise going with a buddy or a small group too. It helps with encouragement to have people shouting your name and clapping for you when you do something amazing.

oh wow i was talking indoor but that's awesome as hell. good luck!!

Oh this is indoor too, we’ve been going to a climbing gym for a bit. End goal is to be able to do some canyoneering out in Utah, but I also got bit by the bug and just want to climb cool poo poo now. We’ve been outdoors a few times but always with other people leading, which slows thing down a lot. If we can lead too it’ll let us get more climbing in.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Whaaaaaat a new season of Harley Quinn is out

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Joey Freshwater posted:

First three episodes. Weekly after today.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Kite Man Squad is here

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Kite man!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Game night tonight at 7:30 CDT!

https://discord.gg/hvKYHe6Q

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

BlindSite posted:

I found I don't quite have the ups and downs with anxiety like I used to get. I used to be very anxious on Mondays and Tuesdays and it would taper off toward the end of the week but then weekend would be drinking again and the cycle would repeat.

I find that general sadness and anger has improved too. Overall I'm much more patient and happier. I think that having that ritual of a few drinks or a lot of drinks on the weekend is an easy pattern to fall into and once you break that cycle you kind of wonder how you ever let it get that way.

Thanks so much for the response and especially these two points. This is exactly what I'm experiencing and really - if I'm being honest - the driving factor behind staying away from booze. Fitness goals help, but it's the mental health side that really takes its toll.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Dango Bango posted:

Thanks so much for the response and especially these two points. This is exactly what I'm experiencing and really - if I'm being honest - the driving factor behind staying away from booze. Fitness goals help, but it's the mental health side that really takes its toll.

Frequent heavy drinking does terrible things to your brain's reward center and your dopamine receptors. Basically, they become used to a huge rush of dopamine from taking that first drink, and your body starts to crave that rush more and more.

Depending on how long one has been drinking, it can take anywhere from a year to 24 months of sobriety for the brain's chemistry to return to normal. I went half-nuts when I went into rehab and got sober thirteen years ago.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

What’s the bolded mean?

sorry, I wandered off a bit.

https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aforums.somethingawful.com+%22ornery+and+hornery%22
People don't only find stuff here by coming here and reading the entire thread. Google indexed means google crawls every public thread on SA and builds the results into its search engine so if someone searches on a thing and SA is where it's at, it'll show up in their results. The above URL is restricting the search to just the forums, but for something as unique as a real firstname + lastname, if it's not super common, could turn up a result from SA high in the list even without the site restriction in the search parameters.

It also gives ammo to people who dislike someone here, to go do stuff offsite. I had no idea manas was that guy's real name, and I would not have thought to go look for him on e.g. facebook, but now I know it is and could do that and try and e-stalk him and do poo poo. I would never, but not every goon is as pure of heart and good of intent as I am.

So in other words, putting someone's full name into the forums is doxxing. However unintended, or harmless the post might be, if someone doesn't put their own name all over SA, nobody is allowed to do it for them. Has to be a hard line on it. Even if someone has put their name here before, people should be really cautious about it because they may have stopped doing it or regret doing it, circumstances can change over the years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Is there a new chud flag that has a bison silhouette on it? A guy down the street replaced his thin blue line with said flag, flying proudly next to his Don't Tread On Me flag. I can't really tell what it is when I'm driving by and laughing at it.