Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

The idea of voluntarily, for my own enjoyment, identifying myself as a member of an organization that identifies with and materially benefits (even for merely multiple dollars) a big fuckin jerk is unpleasant to me, hth. Especially when the organizational culture there doesn't seem to view said jerk as a problem.

I'd already mostly stepped away from SA for mental health reasons, and then got banned in the Bernie toxx, and then like the month after that was when the Lowtax allegations started coming out and I just resolved to not buy my account back while Lowtax had anything to do with things. And then when it became clear that Jeffery of YOSPOS had bought the forums and Lowtax was flatly unwelcome I considered it, but I don't think I actually rebought my account until the day of Lowtax's demise.

And now you all have to read my lovely posts again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:phoneb: "Video games are pretty low stakes."

:phone: "You don't say?"

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Rudeboy Detective posted:

become gnome

return to forest (syndicate)

ezpz

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Why is there no evemon equivalent for toilet eve? God I hate this interface so much. Even an offline pilot overview on a webpage somewhere would be nice.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

NtotheTC posted:

The time between the lowtax poo poo erupting and it being announced that a takeover was going to happen was less than 48 hours. Most of the goon communities I'm in were consolidating themselves offsite with discords etc and preparing to jump to communities elsewhere, that's a huge part of the reason why the takeover was agreed to in the first place.

If the leadership of Imperium had acted even half as fast or effectively as SA mods/higher ups did then there's a good chance I'd still be in it. What they did instead was stonewall everyone in the hope that it would blow over, then purge and deny deny deny. Nthing the call that the Lowtax situation was a demonstration of how to handle that situation as best as possible, whereas the Imperium method was among the very worst.

huh, you're right, the yikeseroo thread was june 23rd and the earliest announcement that jeffrey would buy the forums i could find was june 25th. in my memory it felt like at least a week went by.

anyway, i agree with everyone's take and retract my argument that sticking around here after lowtax was ousted isn't much different than sticking in gsf after mittens was ousted, since at least so far there has been no actual attempt at severing ties. the interim leadership seems content to just let him go dark. but if he's still getting a paycheck (which is probably a pittance, but still it's something) and isn't perma'd, that's a pretty glaring problem.

apologies for the derail.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

i won't really have anything to do with gsf any more

but at the same time i'm definitely not gonna play eve without gsf, everyone else in the game hates "paper pushers" so i have no place anyways :shrug:

Ablative
Nov 9, 2012

Someone is getting this as an avatar. I don't know who, but it's gonna happen.

Bad Purchase posted:

huh, you're right, the yikeseroo thread was june 23rd and the earliest announcement that jeffrey would buy the forums i could find was june 25th. in my memory it felt like at least a week went by.

This phenomenon is known as "COVID time."

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

but at the same time i'm definitely not gonna play eve without gsf, everyone else in the game hates "paper pushers" so i have no place anyways :shrug:

you can go join brave and push their papers

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

TheWeedNumber posted:

you can go join brave and push their papers

they are garbage and small-minded

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

they are garbage and small-minded

they’re redditors, you should feel right at home with them.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Always middle management

Shut the gently caress up dozer good lord

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

TheWeedNumber posted:

they’re redditors, you should feel right at home with them.

oh i get it, nevermind, you were doing a bit

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Take on the ultimate challenge, Querns: make a high-sec corporation the dominant economic force in Jita. (CCP already thinks you're a high sec player anyways.)

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Foehammer007 posted:

Always middle management

Shut the gently caress up dozer good lord

can’t find the block button can you?

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

oh i get it, nevermind, you were doing a bit

lol

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

everyone else in the game hates "paper pushers" so i have no place anyways :shrug:

geese need paper pushers, all we know to do with paper is poo poo on it.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

TheWeedNumber posted:

can’t find the block button can you?

lol

Nah I just like telling you to shut the gently caress up boydozer

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
How long till you rob goose fleet and cry you have no friends

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Foehammer007 posted:

Never. How long till you get buttmad and try to kick me off ISRAD discord only for penif to invite me back again?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Yes you went and cried to penif that mean ol foehammer kicked you for again bringing up SA posting on the discord

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Boohoo foehammer kicked me grr penif pls help

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Foehammer007 posted:

Yes you went and cried to penif that mean ol foehammer kicked you for again bringing up SA posting on the discord

this is pretty pathetic even for you

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

TheWeedNumber posted:

this is pretty pathetic even for you

Go cry more little baby

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Daddy penif pls old foehammer is hurting me

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Maybe you'll con some more people into believing your dumbass about random poo poo again

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
*yawns*

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Ynglaur posted:

Take on the ultimate challenge, Querns: make a high-sec corporation the dominant economic force in Jita. (CCP already thinks you're a high sec player anyways.)

a not-so-secret secret about me is that i was never actually that great at the econ stuff :ssh:

my talents were more along the lines of, "hmm, this new ESI API allows you to set the then-existing shield vulnerability windows via the API. Let's write a script that randomizes tens of thousands of vulnerability timers every single week until the end of time"

gently caress ccp for nerfing that (by removing shield vuln windows) before delve got invaded, btw, i probably could have stalled the entire papi war effort singlehandedly with that poo poo

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Foehammer007 posted:

9 months. And it'll somehow be all their fault.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

CainFortea posted:

9 months. And it'll somehow be all their fault.

Wanna put your money where your mouth is?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
"I'm changed I swear this time"

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo
this is some weak rear end poo poo from the both of you.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
You gonna go cry to penif about it again?

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
Boohoo I got kicked

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

gently caress ccp for nerfing that (by removing shield vuln windows) before delve got invaded, btw, i probably could have stalled the entire papi war effort singlehandedly with that poo poo

Yeah that definitely seems more annoying than just making 500+ standup armour plates

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
idk, my only real interaction with mandozer outside of this thread has been negative, but i don't see why you'd be this hostile about the dude going to a group you're not even in. either his situation works out or it doesn't, it doesn't affect your life any.

and if you're gonna be this hostile, at least post better, christ.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
How about them spaceships? My favorite is the Rifter. What's yours?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

xtothez posted:

Yeah that definitely seems more annoying than just making 500+ standup armour plates

🎵it's the recon that never eeeeeeends
🎵it goes on and on my frieeeeeend
🎵some people started scouting delve not knowing what it was
🎵and they'll continue scouting it forever just because

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Not An Arsonist posted:

How about them spaceships? My favorite is the Rifter. What's yours?

The Drake and its cousins will always have a soft spot in my heart. Absolutely love that ship.