Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

People threw around a lot of strong words about RedBull Seb in recent pages, like “can’t stand” and “hate” and “insufferable”. I remember the Seb era, he won a lot and had no personality. Where did that hate come from? Did he use misogynistic and racist/ableist language to insult other drivers? (like Max) Physically assault other drivers? (Like Max) Crash into other drivers when not even fighting for positions because he has a massive inferiority complex and no emotional control? (Like Max) Am I forgetting something awful Seb did aside from win in a bad team?

Max ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

golf is bad, but not as bad as lance stroll

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

george russell seems nice

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!

Charles Leclerc posted:

There aren't enough golf courses in Europe because every one I go to seems to be chock full of people who can't play for poo poo, dusting off the poo poo clubs they found in their dead grandfather's garage.

I haven't played in months because it became so irritating having a round turn into a 5 hour affair because nobody gives a gently caress about etiquette or learning to play the loving game to at least a mild standard of competency.

Golf is not upper class at all in Europe, that is the dumbest loving take.

Ah, you're a golfer. Makes a lot of sense op

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

maybe it's just because Scotland and I'm like 40 mins from st andrews but we have loads of cheap but decent council golf courses where I live. i used to golf years ago and it was chill, no snooty fucks to be seen.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

I didn't see anyone claim Hamilton and Russell were not championship material after they crashed out in quali in Austria. What I heard instead was that the wind caused it, let's ignore they both were going too fast for the corner, even faster than Charles' differential.

A Ferrari driver makes an error and they are a bunch of morons. Didn't even really make strategic mistakes in France, but still a bunch of morons. Built the best engine, starting from the worst, in 2 years and it's a bit unreliable, bunch of morons too. Ferrari driver has the same difficulty as Perez in getting reverse gear working, bunch of morons.

Ham went straight through the corner to the runway area in Baku thanks to brake magic button? Did anyone say they are a bunch of morons? Of course not, it's not Ferrari, only Ferrari is a bunch of morons. Newey designed some of the most fragile cars the universe has ever seen from 2000 to 2005, is he a moron? not at all, he pushes the boundary, he's a genius that draws perfect technical diagrams on pen and paper, in fact, it's Renault's fault in 2014+ if they couldn't adapt their engine to run in that little space that they had available.

RedBull 2014 couldn't even complete 10 laps the first day of testing, bunch of morons? obviously not, that's what testing is for. Ricciardo and Verstappen crash into each other? Bunch of morons? You already know the answer to that.

Honda until last year? GP2 engine and all that crap, they may have been the ones closest to being called a bunch of morons too, but who's laughing now?

That other "journalist" from sky uk asked Horner if Leclerc should be considered a crasher... Embarrassing stuff all around.

Par of the course for Ferrari fans. Just ignore it, sadly most people commenting, even here, are lucky they don't work for themselves otherwise they'd be fired on the first day of work.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Charles Leclerc posted:

There aren't enough golf courses in Europe because every one I go to seems to be chock full of people who can't play for poo poo, dusting off the poo poo clubs they found in their dead grandfather's garage.

I haven't played in months because it became so irritating having a round turn into a 5 hour affair because nobody gives a gently caress about etiquette or learning to play the loving game to at least a mild standard of competency.

lol cry me a river and gently caress off

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Charles Leclerc posted:

Correct, it's for the wannabe upper-class, much like field-hockey (for city teens).

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

My mate worked at a golf course when he was at school and I’m not sure what he did but it involved sitting in a hut halfway around the course and people would give him tips and then we’d meet up and have a smoke in the woods

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
Lot of unsourced quotes ITT

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

People threw around a lot of strong words about RedBull Seb in recent pages, like “can’t stand” and “hate” and “insufferable”. I remember the Seb era, he won a lot and had no personality. Where did that hate come from? Did he use misogynistic and racist/ableist language to insult other drivers? (like Max) Physically assault other drivers? (Like Max) Crash into other drivers when not even fighting for positions because he has a massive inferiority complex and no emotional control? (Like Max) Am I forgetting something awful Seb did aside from win in a bad team?
You know how Lewis won 5 titles in a car that could lap the field if the sandbags were let fully off? Whilst all the time the team did a performative dance about barely winning and oh gosh I think this is Ferrari's year actually (pass the botox I can't hide the smirk) and actually its mostly Lewis the car is like 1% of that honestly and did you even see the tyres??? A sticker fell off on lap 12 no other driver could bring that car home oh wow.

Well all that was to stop people hating him for winning with no challenge. Seb revelled in dominance and everyone got mad at him for enjoying the wins. To some extent Schumi got the same treatment, though he at least had the 96-00 seasons to show he could still beat you in a car 1s down on pace if given half a chance.

Sab0921 posted:

He seems kinda chill now, has had a good outlook on the title battle last year and this year, other drivers seem to like him - what if Max is actually good OP and everything we hated was just because he was a teenager and teenagers are lovely and now that he's matured he seems fine.
Max has always been fine. The thread hates him for breathing there's nothing he can do to win their graces.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Didn't read any of those quotes but #Forza #Ferrari

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

ferrari are poo poo

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

I don't think they should put golf courses in deserts

acidx
Sep 24, 2019

right clicking is stealing
I don't think they should put deserts in golf courses

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Khablam posted:

You know how Lewis won 5 titles in a car that could lap the field if the sandbags were let fully off? Whilst all the time the team did a performative dance about barely winning and oh gosh I think this is Ferrari's year actually (pass the botox I can't hide the smirk) and actually its mostly Lewis the car is like 1% of that honestly and did you even see the tyres??? A sticker fell off on lap 12 no other driver could bring that car home oh wow.

Well all that was to stop people hating him for winning with no challenge. Seb revelled in dominance and everyone got mad at him for enjoying the wins. To some extent Schumi got the same treatment, though he at least had the 96-00 seasons to show he could still beat you in a car 1s down on pace if given half a chance.

Max has always been fine. The thread hates him for breathing there's nothing he can do to win their graces.

From 2010-2014, usually every race Red Bull won consisted of Vettel scoring pole, driving off into the distance and then coasting with a 10 second gap for the rest of the race, and then shoving his finger into the camera incessantly after he won. The finger thing sounds ridiculous but it got under a lot of peoples skin because it came off as so self congratulatory and he knew it and started leaning into it. I cant actually remember any races where Red Bull had to actively fight for position with another team for a win, conversely while Mercedes would usually come out on top, I can remember a lot of good battles between Hamilton and Vettel or Verstappen.

It just made for extremely stale TV and competition and a lot of people focused their hate on Vettel himself

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Imagining a blissful world where everyone who owns a set of golf clubs is taken away in the rapture (to hell)

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

there's no way sebastian vettel golfs

Red Warrior
Jul 23, 2002
Is about to die!

Rhopunzel posted:

From 2010-2014, usually every race Red Bull won consisted of Vettel scoring pole, driving off into the distance and then coasting with a 10 second gap for the rest of the race, and then shoving his finger into the camera incessantly after he won. The finger thing sounds ridiculous but it got under a lot of peoples skin because it came off as so self congratulatory and he knew it and started leaning into it. I cant actually remember any races where Red Bull had to actively fight for position with another team for a win, conversely while Mercedes would usually come out on top, I can remember a lot of good battles between Hamilton and Vettel or Verstappen.

It just made for extremely stale TV and competition and a lot of people focused their hate on Vettel himself

Yeah the crazy stat for Vettel is he never won from lower than 3rd. 4 time world champion and depending on how you look at it never had to really fight that hard and/or couldn't when in that position.

Twice I think Webber in the second Red Bull was in a position to also win the championship in the last race, that's how dominant that car was.

And then Ricciardo beat him in his first season in the same car.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

And Ricciardo's been coasting off that year ever since.

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Are there any stats for average starting position of race winners for the past 20 years or so?

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

all WDC are frauds except he who shalt Get In There

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Vettel was trying to get out of his contract at red bull I always lmao when people bring that year up.

He caught a lot of poo poo for the fact that nobody else built a good car for when he was winning but that was hardly his fault.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

all WDC are frauds except he who shalt Get In There

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Kimi and Fangio seem p alright.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Rhopunzel posted:

conversely while Mercedes would usually come out on top, I can remember a lot of good battles between Hamilton and Vettel or Verstappen.
Yeah this is the thing though, if you win by narrow margins but you always win, you're absolutely just controlling the gap behind. This isn't a conspiracy, James Allen has said as much in the last couple of years.
I think it was China 2017 or 18 where Bottas did the fastest-lap point on the last lap and the GPS had him 1 second faster just down the main straight.
That's how much they were holding back before Ferrari started cheating (and they still won).

SocksAndSandals
Jun 6, 2011

Gerblederp posted:

Wow I can’t believe people hate Red Bull, the team that features Christian Horner

Don't forget about Helmet Marker!

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Didn't read any of those quotes but #Forza #Ferrari

hell, OP, I skipped over a thousand posts in this thread (what the gently caress, why would people post that much since last weekend??) but this is a take i can agree with. When you're right, your right. #ForzaFerrari #FERRARIftw

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
The saudis should figure out a way to host the Grand Prix, LIV and Houthi missile target practice in a joint event

Residency Evil
Jul 28, 2003

4/5 godo... Schumi
Seb is good now.

Golf is bad.

Max is trash.

HAM is the greatest.

Honestly pretty simple guys.

ja_raul
May 1, 2005
I tried a green Red Bull the other day and I must admit that it was delicious. The flavor was "dragon fruit" but it tasted much closer to lychee.

#mathematicallyimpossiblecountdown

RIP Vettel
Mein Gott! Muss das Sein!?

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

ferrari are poo poo

Gwt the gently caress out of thread

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Not shocked goons hate golf, having to constantly be reminded to touch grass.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I didn't see anyone claim Hamilton and Russell were not championship material after they crashed out in quali in Austria. What I heard instead was that the wind caused it, let's ignore they both were going too fast for the corner, even faster than Charles' differential.

A Ferrari driver makes an error and they are a bunch of morons. Didn't even really make strategic mistakes in France, but still a bunch of morons. Built the best engine, starting from the worst, in 2 years and it's a bit unreliable, bunch of morons too. Ferrari driver has the same difficulty as Perez in getting reverse gear working, bunch of morons.

Ham went straight through the corner to the runway area in Baku thanks to brake magic button? Did anyone say they are a bunch of morons? Of course not, it's not Ferrari, only Ferrari is a bunch of morons. Newey designed some of the most fragile cars the universe has ever seen from 2000 to 2005, is he a moron? not at all, he pushes the boundary, he's a genius that draws perfect technical diagrams on pen and paper, in fact, it's Renault's fault in 2014+ if they couldn't adapt their engine to run in that little space that they had available.

RedBull 2014 couldn't even complete 10 laps the first day of testing, bunch of morons? obviously not, that's what testing is for. Ricciardo and Verstappen crash into each other? Bunch of morons? You already know the answer to that.

Honda until last year? GP2 engine and all that crap, they may have been the ones clo sest to being called a bunch of morons too, but who's laughing now?

That other "journalist" from sky uk asked Horner if Leclerc should be considered a crasher... Embarrassing stuff all around.

Par of the course for Ferrari fans. Just ignore it, sadly most people commenting, even here, are lucky they don't work for themselves otherwise they'd be fired on the first day of work.

Source your quotes OP

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Being outdoors in good weather with friends drinking beers dicking around on the course? No thanks. I’d rather post about fighting the bourgeoisie online.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

extremally funny when you realize 2018 ferrari was actually better stronger team in the standings than clutchfail driver charles le chair and binman carlos

https://us.motorsport.com/f1/standings/2018/

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

Just lol if you don't save your golfing for hack courses on undeveloped land in the sticks. Pay $25 for a round and cart and spend a nice afternoon drinking and getting 50 extra yards on your drives because it hasn't rained in weeks.

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

ferrari are poo poo

Also RIP Seb. What a guy.

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

italian quid posted:

I loved Seb ever since he was a part of the Scuderia.

I hated it at the time, but please tell me someone still has the infinite looping gif of podium jumping Seb in his first year of Ferrari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kirios posted:

And Ricciardo's been coasting off that year ever since.

he finished third two years later and was competitive with verstappen up until he left for renault

Declan MacManus fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Jul 29, 2022