Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

evilpicard posted:

Remember when President Trump's Postmaster General Louis DeJoy was an existential threat to democracy?

Well he's giving speeches to the American Enterprise Institute about his plan to cut 50k postal jobs lol

Goddamn it. I occasionally have to send time sensitive work material by US mail and they keep making it worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

folks red states like texas are just full of big business-loving racist chuds the democrats have no choice but to run conservatives in these states so they'll give CEOs everything they ever wanted according to their constituents express desires
https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2022/07/jury-orders-charter-to-pay-7-billion-for-murder-of-woman-killed-by-cable-tech/

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

what's that? why are we running conservatives in safe seats in blue states? look you can't expect the party to come out against incumbents. we have to support our incumbents even if their only apparent policy platform is giving CEOs everything they ever wanted and supporting the total prohibition of abortion

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

yes the party supported primary challenges against a handful of "progressive" dems. America's commitment to Israel can never be questioned and they voted "present" once on an aid package of 7 billion dollars in baby-seeking missiles to Israel. antisemitism will never be tolerated in the democrat party. I'm removing you from our mailing list have a great day

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

evilpicard posted:

Remember when President Trump's Postmaster General Louis DeJoy was an existential threat to democracy?

Well he's giving speeches to the American Enterprise Institute about his plan to cut 50k postal jobs lol

you need to vote for joe biden so he can get rid of dejoy

you cannot expect joe biden, like a dictator, to get rid of dejoy, we must go through the proper channels

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

MSDOS KAPITAL posted:

yes the party supported primary challenges against a handful of "progressive" dems. America's commitment to Israel can never be questioned and they voted "present" once on an aid package of 7 billion dollars in baby-seeking missiles to Israel. antisemitism will never be tolerated in the democrat party. I'm removing you from our mailing list have a great day

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

it's a lie

StratGoatCom
Aug 6, 2019

Our security is guaranteed by being able to melt the eyeballs of any other forum's denizens at 15 minutes notice

https://twitter.com/ChristosArgyrop/status/1552770042156163073

You could say there would be... butthurt, at the polls.

NoU
Dec 31, 2008

StratGoatCom posted:

Butthurt! at the polls

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
The democrats are going to be perianal lesions in 2022

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

NoU posted:

StratGoatCom posted:

Butthurt! at the polls

pain, ick! with the demos

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

gently caress

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Vote speed! You succ emperor

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead Women with Ectopic Pregnancies

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011
i was a bit nervous based on that “the dems will win!” tweet, but this wapo article just popped up on my phone and I felt better

“Americans dismayed at end of Roe are less certain they will vote, poll finds”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/07/29/abortion-roe-midterms-poll/

quote:

“Is the discontent with Democratic Party leadership and policies generally so deep that those most affected by the court decision … still plan to sit out this election?” said Mark Rozell, dean of the Schar School of Policy and Government at George Mason University, who worked on the poll. “I struggle to wrap my head around this disconnect.”

oh wow amazing people aren’t responding to “vote, and no we won’t improve your material conditions” anymore and I don’t understand it woahhhh I’m a highly paid expert

gonna be a bloodbath

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
The Dobbs decision dropped too early. Now there's plenty of time for all that anger to curdle into apathy as the dems stumblefuck around and shrug a lot.

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Clap Your Hands Say Jawohl!

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Nothus posted:

The Dobbs decision dropped too early. Now there's plenty of time for all that anger to curdle into apathy as the dems stumblefuck around and shrug a lot.

do what now??

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Christine Pelosi and the Yass Kweens

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
I just think the abortion issue has almost zero swing votes among voters. For a small minority on both sides it is THE issue, but those people were already going to vote for their side anyways.

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Sorry can't vote with all this debt

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
but Joe biden gave you 8,000 dollarydoos of "aid"

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ex post facho posted:

but Joe biden gave you 8,000 dollarydoos of "aid"

I don't remember this

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't remember this

You don't remember the Biden-Harris Administration giving you 8500 dollars of aid?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

projecthalaxy posted:

You don't remember the Biden-Harris Administration giving you 8500 dollars of aid?

Is that how much the $1800 Trump gave me is worth in 2022? :ohdear:

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I don't remember this

https://twitter.com/wsbgnl/status/1...ingawful.com%2F

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

What?

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

im barely able to parse it either but i assume this is a “what does a banana cost” thing right

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

What you just read is a perfect synthesis of dementia and neoliberal horseshit.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

when do i get the 8000 brandons?

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
The Democrats are recessioned. Hope this helps.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Oh, yeah, the guy holding an eight thousand dollar check needs more material aid. C'mon!

THS2
Oct 2, 2021

wait he thinks we got $8000?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

THS2 posted:

wait he thinks we got $8000?

only if you made as little as $120k last year

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

im so confused

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah I can't read that as anything other than his brain has melted and has no idea what sort of aid his admin has given out so is just living in pure delusion land.

Fart Dumbass
May 31, 2022

by Fluffdaddy

give me 8 thousand dollars and I will vote for you, joe brandon. I will forget every other fact about you in an instant.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Would I vote for Tara Reade's rapist for $8,000? Well, that's a life changing amount of money whereas voting doesn't change anything, so probably.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
no i'm sorry we can't give out any aid, all the poor people already took too much money and made everything expensive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
this is also, by the way, why jon brandon thinks the checks caused inflation