Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

i hope the switch is blessed with this wonderful game and that it doesn't run like poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlB2tLos4-c

Who's drinking out of the toilet now, Sega?

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

American McGay posted:

Unless they’re adding like 6+ brand new unique tracks I think the numbers require that a bunch more N64 tracks are coming.

I agree, I'm not sure why the site I linked seems to think that there's no more N64 tracks coming since if you add up all the Tour tracks plus the two new city ones datamined that's ten, and there are 10 tracks in that prefix datamine with the Tour tag

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Can anyone offer some advice whether Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition or Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is better?

I've played Dynasty Warriors 1-3 back in the day but nothing since.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
They should just add every track. And then add another 8 brand new tracks each year. :colbert:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Away all Goats posted:

Can anyone offer some advice whether Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition or Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity is better?

Apparently there's way more content in HWDF than AoC.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace

Away all Goats posted:

HW:DE has way more content & runs better too. Its a celebration of the whole Zelda series & has a ton of characters.

AoC is fine, but pails in comparison to Definitive Edition.

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

I just started playing it on Steam, but Strange Horticulture is out now on Switch. It seems pretty chill with a dash of the Mythos... I haven't gotten that far in it yet.

Jigsaw
Aug 14, 2008
I will continue pounding the table yelling “Wario Colosseum” louder and louder until Nintendo does the needful

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Jigsaw posted:

I will continue pounding the table yelling “Wario Colosseum” louder and louder until Nintendo does the needful

You and be both, friend :unsmith:

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Away all Goats posted:

DE has MUCH more content, like it isn't even close. The 100% speedrun is almost 289 hours.

IMO Age of Calamity has better movesets and stage design, and the plot of the story mode (the meat of the game, unlike DE's equivalent Legend Mode) is more than just an excuse to smash Zelda action figures together.

If you're in it for the long haul, DE is the better purchase. If you want to one-and-done the story mode, IMO AoC is better.

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

Mega64 posted:

Solid collection, solid games, buy it if it sounds interesting to you.

The collection is worth it for AoS alone, I totally forgot how fun that game was. M2 did make CotM much more playable with the card gadgets and such but I wish they could have done something with HoD’s fart music.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

If you liked BotW, I’d go with AOC - it’s the perfect love letter to that game specifically, they did a drat good job making you feel like you’re still in the same world, and the story has some of the best cutscenes of the entire franchise imo

If you’re just going for amount of content, though, I’ve heard HW:DE is the way to go (though I haven’t played it) - AoC is definitely pretty limited in terms of scope and potential scope since it’s specifically a BOTW spinoff

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!
nintendo

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

The Maroon Hawk posted:

If you liked BotW, I’d go with AOC

no politics please

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

Stux posted:

nintendo

repost :rolleyes:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Away all Goats posted:

Hyrule Warriors DE has an absurd shitload more content because it's the bundle of the game + an expanded rerelease + a ton of DLC. It runs better on Switch. The story is kinda forgettable except for the evil sexy witch who breaks space-time because she wants to bone Link. Also Linkle, who is the best.

Age of Calamity has much better character design and general gameplay. It runs worse on Switch. I also think its plot is more interesting because it is basically a BotW story about how Zelda (not Link) is awesome.

Neither is necessarily a bad choice but I'd start with DE because it's REALLY hard to go back to DE compared to AOC's "probably the best designed movesets in any DW game" characters.

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

HWDE is a black hole of content. Bitrot will claim your data before you will finish everything in it.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
is it just me or the last games nintendo and everyone releases for this run like garbage, both mine and my spouses feels like an aliexpess cheap android tablet.

wtf is wrong with nintendo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Kirby runs fine sorry about your swicht

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Celexi posted:

is it just me or the last games nintendo and everyone releases for this run like garbage, both mine and my spouses feels like an aliexpess cheap android tablet.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Celexi posted:

checck your joycons. see if they're working properly. if not, email nintendo.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I did pretty much everything in Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition and it took around 250 hours. It has a huge variety of characters and maps and missions. Very fun if you like unlocking a lot of stuff.

Age of Calamity is awesome and does have a decent amount of content, especially with the DLC, but yeah it’s mostly story. It also focuses more on combat than strategy in the main story, but the combat is a pretty incredible mash up of BOTW and Musou. There are DLC missions that focus more on defending your bases and all that traditional Musou stuff.

They’re both really good so it depends on personal preference I guess?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 40 hours!

Celexi posted:

its you

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Celexi posted:

can you give, like, an example???

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Hyrule Warriors DE is important for no other reason than it's the only place where Linkle exists.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Celexi posted:

Lmao you say this like the ps3 and 360 didn't have tons of aaa games running at only 20-30 fps due to ram limits and dynamic resolution not being a thing back then

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Very nearly bought Kirby but remembered I still have Pikmin 3.

What a delight!

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?

Celexi posted:

nintendo lazy

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mister Facetious posted:

Lmao you say this like the ps3 and 360 didn't have tons of aaa games running at only 20-30 fps due to ram limits and dynamic resolution not being a thing back then

sorry but we’ve moved on from consoles that are from the Stone Age.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Pretty sure that games running "badly" is a skills issue

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Celexi posted:

is it just me or the last games nintendo and everyone releases for this run like garbage

turn on your switch

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

sorry but we’ve moved on from consoles that are from the Stone Age.

Boy, are you in the wrong thread buddy.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Celexi posted:

it's just you. Bitch.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Celexi posted:

I know this thread doesn't want to admit it, but the Switch is severely underpowered. Any video from Digital Foundry can confirm this. Nintendo first party titles fair much better obviously, but for 3rd party games you have to do your research, many of them are not worth playing on the Switch because they have unacceptable performance issues. I think Nintendo would have released a new console by now if it wasn't for the pandemic, the Switch hardware has overstayed its life span by a few years now and no amount of really good games is going to change that.

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
for the shmup freaks:

https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1552854093755846661

Also Crimzon Clover is on sale for only the 2nd time since release on Switch

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

ImpAtom posted:

Hyrule Warriors DE has an absurd shitload more content because it's the bundle of the game + an expanded rerelease + a ton of DLC. It runs better on Switch. The story is kinda forgettable except for the evil sexy witch who breaks space-time because she wants to bone Link. Also Linkle, who is the best.

Age of Calamity has much better character design and general gameplay. It runs worse on Switch. I also think its plot is more interesting because it is basically a BotW story about how Zelda (not Link) is awesome.

Neither is necessarily a bad choice but I'd start with DE because it's REALLY hard to go back to DE compared to AOC's "probably the best designed movesets in any DW game" characters.

As a counter-point to this I absolutely loathed the move set for 90% of the characters in AoC, they were overcomplicated and gimmicky, especially the large characters that took up most of the screen so you couldn't tell what was going on most of the time. The awful frame rate didn't help much either.

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
imo the story isn't very good in aoc either, idk, link was cool because he did stuff like chow down on a bunch of rocks to impress his friends but zelda was bland and boring and the story was almost entirely focused on her, and i really think they missed a trick when they introduced time travel and some lame purple baddie instead of just telling the story of the apocalypse before botw.

but my favourite ever legend of zelda moment is in ocarina of time when you emerge into the city post time skip and everything is hosed so that might just be my personal taste.

still a fun game though. there's a lot of stuff to unlock and most of the characters have broken OP combos you can discover and spam over and over again to win. it's a good fast food kinda game.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

I said come in! posted:

I know this thread doesn't want to admit it, but the Switch is severely underpowered. Any video from Digital Foundry can confirm this. Nintendo first party titles fair much better obviously, but for 3rd party games you have to do your research, many of them are not worth playing on the Switch because they have unacceptable performance issues. I think Nintendo would have released a new console by now if it wasn't for the pandemic, the Switch hardware has overstayed its life span by a few years now and no amount of really good games is going to change that.

I mean, this is their market niche of being the low powered option. If you want a high powered console you go PlayStation or XBox. I could honestly see up to another three to five years with the Switch, and while I won't be able to play HZD or Hitman 3, I'm extremely happy to have Monster Hunter Rise and Mario Kart on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

aoc has one of the worst framerates of any switch game and was absolutely unplayable for me. it's rear end.