Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wow can’t believe no one wants the PS5 anymore. Sony better pack it up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
It’s just no one has the space for one.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Nobody wants Failrizon on their console

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I am now the proud owner of the worlds worst series s

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Still better than the worlds best PS5, because it has games.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

And you can actually get one! Sticker on the back says this particular series s is just 5 months old.

It’s lived a hard life

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

I can never hate on the Series S because it's such a neat little design with the box. It's very cute.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
I love my hacked OG Xbox but its such a bitch to find space for it. gently caress getting the PS5 with that size.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Joke's on you, I'm now living inside my PS5 and the lack of rent basically pays for itself.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Oh hey "Inside" just showed up on XBox Game Pass just in case you were feeling good about life :smith:

(it's good it just is hella downer like Limbo. God drat depressing indie games!!)

e: oh it's added just not available for downloading yet.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Disposable Scud posted:

I love my hacked OG Xbox but its such a bitch to find space for it. gently caress getting the PS5 with that size.

we have ours behind the tv because it's such a disgusting monstrosity.

my screen is off

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
It's cool to chuck the series s into a suitcase.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

I’d probably plug mine into a tv

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

External Organs posted:

It's cool to chuck the series s into a suitcase.

I think they did that with Jim's, but missed.

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

It's about time someone sanded down those dangerous corners.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

Oh hey "Inside" just showed up on XBox Game Pass just in case you were feeling good about life :smith:

(it's good it just is hella downer like Limbo. God drat depressing indie games!!)

e: oh it's added just not available for downloading yet.

Is it good?

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

1glitch0 posted:

Is it good?

Yah I liked it, moody atmospheric puzzle platformer type thing. Great gamepass game because once you finish it you’ll never touch it again.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Wtf happened to that thing? Fan is broken and the corner was ground down like that in just 5 months? :stare:

Lammasu
May 8, 2019

lawful Good Monster

Sywert of Thieves posted:

Wtf happened to that thing? Fan is broken and the corner was ground down like that in just 5 months? :stare:

Why is that note written in MST3K stationary?

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I do not know the answer to any of those questions unfortunately. My local game place will also sell busted consoles at a discount and this one was way too good of a price to pass on (I think they might have thought it was an Xbox one?).

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

1glitch0 posted:

Is it good?

Budget a night (something like five hours?) to finish it in one sitting IMO. It's heavy, hypnotizing and unforgettable, but might be hard to get back to
Play it once and let it randomly occupy your mind afterwards

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

priznat posted:

Yah I liked it, moody atmospheric puzzle platformer type thing. Great gamepass game because once you finish it you’ll never touch it again.

Ruffian Price posted:

Budget a night (something like five hours?) to finish it in one sitting IMO. It's heavy, hypnotizing and unforgettable, but might be hard to get back to
Play it once and let it randomly occupy your mind afterwards

Cool. I enjoyed Limbo, but didn't quite finish it. Looking forward to it!

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Cool. I enjoyed Limbo, but didn't quite finish it. Looking forward to it!

It’s very boring imo op, but who knows, gamepass it if you’re hankering to run from left to right

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I need it to be 2023 and for Forza Motorsport to release tomorrow.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

I said come in! posted:

I need it to be 2023 and for Forza Motorsport to release tomorrow.

Same but for Starfield and forge for Halo.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Is it good?

I didn't like it, but I didn't like Limbo either. I don't know how folks found it depressing, it doesn't tell a story or anything.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

ColdPie posted:

I didn't like it, but I didn't like Limbo either. I don't know how folks found it depressing, it doesn't tell a story or anything.

Ehhh, it definitely does a poo poo-ton of worldbuilding. The world it portrays is extremely bleak and grotesque, and that aspect of it is really cool. There's something approaching a narrative arc, but it's a) loose as all get out and b) not particularly satisfying so much as ... bizarre and horrifying.

There's a lot to like about it, but it's its own kind of thing. Someone else upthread was spot-on when they said to throw on some headphones, play it all in one long sitting, and never play it again but think about it occasionally for years afterward.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

John F Bennett posted:

Same but for Starfield and forge for Halo.

Yeah Starfield as well. 2023 feels so far away because of how many games I am excited for.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Toaster Beef posted:

There's a lot to like about it, but it's its own kind of thing. Someone else upthread was spot-on when they said to throw on some headphones, play it all in one long sitting, and never play it again but think about it occasionally for years afterward.

This is how I played it and I loved it. The imagery, sound, all incredible. It was one of the more approachable art games I've played.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Rimworld Console Edition is getting very positive reviews, the controls are completely reworked and are supposedly very well done. I'll probably buy it eventually.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

What even is it? The screenshots I saw don't make any sense to me at all. It looks like a game from 1990. Some turn-based strategy or something?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It's a survival/building game. I dumped like 300 hours into it over a two week span and then never touched it again. It's pretty great, though I probably wouldn't care to experience it on console. It's not particularly demanding, just play it on your lovely laptop or whatever.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Sywert of Thieves posted:

What even is it? The screenshots I saw don't make any sense to me at all. It looks like a game from 1990. Some turn-based strategy or something?

it's dwarf fortress, IN SPAAAAAAACE

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

it's dwarf fortress, IN SPAAAAAAACE

Not so free wheeling but yea. You don’t directly control stuff, like you tell little guys what to do rather than controlling them doing it. It’s kind of a balancing act between a settlement surviving and growing.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Quantum of Phallus posted:

we have ours behind the tv because it's such a disgusting monstrosity.

my screen is off

I had to put my series X behind the tv because the fat fucker doesn’t fit in the slats in my entertainment center.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Blue Raider posted:

Not so free wheeling but yea. You don’t directly control stuff, like you tell little guys what to do rather than controlling them doing it. It’s kind of a balancing act between a settlement surviving and growing.

Is that the game where some guys won't do what you tell them and develop crippling drug problems and stuff? There was a funny polygon article about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i'm gonna grab Rimworld later, i am so fuckin pumped. my laptop can't run it at all and i've been having to live vicariously through ambiguous amphibian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPuaPBFEsoc

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

1glitch0 posted:

Is that the game where some guys won't do what you tell them and develop crippling drug problems and stuff? There was a funny polygon article about it.

Yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

Imo rimworld is kind of like d&d in that the fun is more from the emergent shenanigans rather than the actual gameplay