Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

thats part of the fun. lots of hidden gems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut5sk0RUlS4

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

SeXReX posted:

Over ten thousand games, I feel like lots of people don't really grasp just how massive the pile of poo poo there is to dig through on the ps1/2

poo poo man that's nothing, look at this

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/DrakeNierTweets/status/1552834138373341184?s=20&t=bbQG3JltMvygCttJ3CVQ7g

https://twitter.com/DrakeNierTweets/status/1552835313109696516?s=20&t=bbQG3JltMvygCttJ3CVQ7g

https://twitter.com/DrakeNierTweets/status/1552834644189581314?s=20&t=bbQG3JltMvygCttJ3CVQ7g

poo poo's getting good in the Secret Church

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

this is smelling more and more like viral marketing for a drakenguard anthology release but it's executed well enough for me to admire it

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I did not know that Steward Copeland did the soundtracks for the early Spyros. Apparently he actually played every level before deciding how to score it.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I would like to correct myself regarding Power Washing Simulator. You cannot soft lock yourself, the specials can be ground out very tediously for infinite money. Regardless, Jeff Jefferson III is videogames biggest villain

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

poo poo man that's nothing, look at this

Iirc this counts like each individual chess difficulty and chess puzzles as a separate "game"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Looks like Digimon Survive has an atrocious PC port

to the point that it is crashing for literally everyone

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Iirc this counts like each individual chess difficulty and chess puzzles as a separate "game"

Are you claiming they aren't?

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Are you claiming they aren't?

Just like mario, they're just different boards

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Re-Volt is getting a release on Steam tomorrow

https://store.steampowered.com/app/287310/ReVolt/

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Barudak posted:

Just like mario, they're just different boards

Mario 64 is a great deal because you're getting 120 games in one.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Rinkles posted:

I did not know that Steward Copeland did the soundtracks for the early Spyros. Apparently he actually played every level before deciding how to score it.

yup. little known fact that john seetherland did the sfx too.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Mario 64 is a great deal because you're getting 120 games in one.

I know, its absurd companies like Sony charge you for both spiderman games, they're obviously a single package and its still only two games

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I loved the Spiderman game, but after it and the DLC I was perfectly happy not having any more Spiderman to play.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Ubisoft gives you more bang for your buck but really it's the rogue(like/lite) genre that provides the most game for the least amount of dosh. Nothing can compare to the virtually infinite games generated for each and every single player.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

FirstAidKite posted:

Ubisoft gives you more bang for your buck but really it's the rogue(like/lite) genre that provides the most game for the least amount of dosh. Nothing can compare to the virtually infinite games generated for each and every single player.

Theres only so many possible permutations, I think they ought to calculate it and put that number on the store page so I can make an informed decision. Don't want to end up with less games than I thought I was getting

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

theh most game for the least amount of money is minecraft and eu4

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Free games offer infinite hours per dollar. Or undefined hours, idk

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I'm reminded that there was some person on this site who judged board games by their weight. The more the game weighs, the better it is, even if that weight is just an excessive amount of miniatures or components filling up the box. Small games are inherently inferior because they aren't as heavy and so the combined weight of their components, rulebook, and box shows that they are a worse investment than a large box containing lots of parts.

The video game equivalent of that argument would be that a game that takes up 200 gigs is inherently better than a game taking up 200 mb because the 200 gig one clearly has more going on, even if most of that is due to uncompressed audio/video files.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

trespasser is 200mb and ark is 200gb

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

That's logical

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Goons are better than average people for similar reasons

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i just finished the live a live remake and i'm pogging out here, it's such a fantastic touch up for this old gem

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

In case anyone else has been putting it off, Hades is leaving Game Pass in two or so weeks. I probably won't end up playing it after all.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Rinkles posted:

In case anyone else has been putting it off, Hades is leaving Game Pass in two or so weeks. I probably won't end up playing it after all.

I played it for 20 minutes and wish Id played for 0

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It was pretty tedious honestly. Put it down and have zero desire to pick it back up

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
barudak and gaius uniting against it is how you know it's a great game

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

digimon survive is cool as hell, i hope it continues to rule. giving me strong devil survivor vibes.

oh

it's devil survivor.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Waffleman_ posted:

Looks like Digimon Survive has an atrocious PC port

to the point that it is crashing for literally everyone

Seems like I'll be getting it on Switch then if it's good-

Pladdicus posted:

digimon survive is cool as hell, i hope it continues to rule. giving me strong devil survivor vibes.

oh

it's devil survivor.

okay that makes it sound good.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zil posted:

This would be considered a feature in a Dark Souls type game.

It is a feature in the Receiver games! Basically pressing and holding tab is the input to holster your weapon, while tapping tab is the input for shooting yourself in the leg.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
FF14:

I told a bunch of perverts to stop creeping on a bathing catgirl then she told me she wanted to bone down, 10/10 game

Rarity fucked around with this message at 09:18 on Jul 29, 2022

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Xenoblade 3 is extremely loving good.

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I said come in! posted:

Xenoblade 3 is extremely loving good.

But is it better than triangle Strat?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Holy poo poo, all these years I thought it was Akklaim

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gaius Marius posted:

It was pretty tedious honestly. Put it down and have zero desire to pick it back up

thats right

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Jehnubis/status/1552925460279042048?t=Jhxlb1nbLpkwvTtmDBUJLw&s=19

Looks like the secret church was in fact a few molders who had made some cutting edge breakthroughs.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I didn't like it as much as most people but I thought the rogue-lite character building was some of the best in class. It was always very satisfying putting together a death machine that generated constant auto tracking laser towers, or drowned the enemy in poison fog, or left you with a quarter of your maximum health but insane melee damage that life sealed a quarter of it from a single melee combo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Hades was excellent. Good job Supergiant!