Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flyndre
Sep 6, 2009
AirPods Pro are loving worth it I have two pairs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

I won't be getting airpod pros again, not because they're bad, I just get irritated ears from having stuff crammed in my ears all the time.

Hoping they announce a set of over the ears with the H1 chip that isn't the Max.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I look like a fool with my big over the ear wireless headphones but at least I'm comfy

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I wish they would make basically the beats flex but with ANC and transparency mode. I had the AirPod Pros but found them very uncomfortable

Well Played Mauer
Jun 1, 2003

We'll always have Cabo
I grabbed some Airpod Pros on a bundle offer and the noise cancellation is pretty incredible, but I don't have a compelling use case for them instead of the over-the-ears I use at home. If I traveled more (or at all, nowadays) I could see them being lifesavers on a plane, but the only real use they get from me nowadays is when I need to take a phone call.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had some reliability issues with the first pair I bought, but I had them replaced under that special repair program they had, and those have been fine since. I love them. I doubt the new ones will be $300 but I'd probably still get them at that price.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I love my Pros and wear them all day. I won't replace them until they die and I can't get a warranty replacement, though.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I know it goes against the design principles but it bothers me that you can’t hook a wire up to them so when the battery goes to poo poo in three years you don’t have to toss them

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

hatty posted:

I know it goes against the design principles but it bothers me that you can’t hook a wire up to them so when the battery goes to poo poo in three years you don’t have to toss them

Try not to think about the massive e-waste problem it creates.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Eh they weigh like 20g. I bet all the AirPods on earth don’t add up to the ewaste load of the discarded printer cartridges from just one printer model in one medium-sized country.

There are many reasons that AirPods in particular are bad, I just don’t think the waste is one of those while literally everything is a horrific ewaste and microplastic nightmare.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

xzzy posted:

Yeah, I use it to power a raspberry pi on road trips. It's pretty convenient.

What the gently caress.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

hatty posted:

I wish they made AirPods/EarPods similar to Beats Flex.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Is one supposed to go on road trips without a raspberry pi??

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Don't kink shame me!

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

~Coxy posted:

I wish they made AirPods/EarPods similar to Beats Flex.

They do make that. It’s called the Beats Flex

RhoA
Jul 20, 2014

The transparency mode on the Airpods Pro is the killer feature for me, even over the noise cancellation. Being able to listen to music, but also not being completely oblivious to the world and being able to carry a conversation without having to take them out was a big win in my book. Granted you could do this with the regular Airpods, but I don’t like how muffled everything else sounds when they’re in your ears.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

anothergod posted:

They need the ANC features though.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

RhoA posted:

The transparency mode on the Airpods Pro is the killer feature for me, even over the noise cancellation. Being able to listen to music, but also not being completely oblivious to the world and being able to carry a conversation without having to take them out was a big win in my book. Granted you could do this with the regular Airpods, but I don’t like how muffled everything else sounds when they’re in your ears.

I find everything is louder than it actually is in transparency mode. If i want music while still hearing the environment I'll use my powerbeats pro (3 years old and still running :toot: ).

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

~Coxy posted:

What the gently caress.

Yeah before I went with a new laptop this was a potential text editor/IDE/Desktop Environment solution I considered. Just tether them both to a phone, plug in the pi to the iPad, VNC into the pi and away you go.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

anothergod posted:

Those are in-ear with sealed tips and block off too much ambient for me.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

prom candy posted:

They need the ANC features though.
Beats Studio Buds? Or Beats Fit Pro?

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

You're all wrong.

AirPods Max are the best Apple headphones.

I use mine all the time for my Mac and iPad. They're probably the most comfortable headphones I own. :v:

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

withak posted:

Is one supposed to go on road trips without a raspberry pi??

yes, i generally buy a new one at a roadside farmer stand tbh

anothergod
Apr 11, 2016

I use LinkBuds S and they're great.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kirios posted:

lmfao 299 for airpods pro gently caress off apple

Man what a lovely upgrade lmao

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

japtor posted:

Beats Studio Buds? Or Beats Fit Pro?

But then you lose the necklace style design. I really like being able to quickly just tuck them inside my shirt or jacket when I'm not using them. I ended up just buying a pair of QC45s for when I want the ANC stuff but "Beats Flex Pro" would be my perfect on-the-road headphone.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

xzzy posted:

I won't be getting airpod pros again, not because they're bad, I just get irritated ears from having stuff crammed in my ears all the time.

Have you tried any third party tips? My friend was the same but that fixed it for him.

canyonero
Aug 3, 2006

101 posted:

Have you tried any third party tips? My friend was the same but that fixed it for him.

Plus they’ll still fit in the case.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

101 posted:

Yeah, I use complys. It's not a comfort thing either, they fit and feel fine. I just don't like having stuff in my ear canal for several hours.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I’ve been interested in getting an iPad for a long time but I’m cheap. Luckily for me I just found out I have credit card points I didn’t know about and have $400 in apple credit.

I’m looking at the 256gb Air-I only really want the thing for videos, SA on a bigger screen, and learning how to use procreate. The base model would probably be fine for me but maybe I’d want the second gen pencil.

Does that seem like a good first iPad choice these days?

xzzy posted:

I just don't like having stuff in my ear canal for several hours.

Yeah I don’t like that either. I have the low end AirPods and I love them. I can keep them in my ears and barely notice them and the don’t block any sound. Great for use at work.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Yeah the Air was just updated and comes in cooler colors than the pro. It’s the peoples choice

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

hatty posted:

Yeah the Air was just updated and comes in cooler colors than the pro. It’s the peoples choice

Cool thank you :)

Is there a preferred 3rd party case that works with the 2nd gen pencil? My cheapskatedness prevents me from buying apple cases

The Grumbles
Jun 5, 2006

Snowy posted:

I’ve been interested in getting an iPad for a long time but I’m cheap. Luckily for me I just found out I have credit card points I didn’t know about and have $400 in apple credit.

I’m looking at the 256gb Air-I only really want the thing for videos, SA on a bigger screen, and learning how to use procreate. The base model would probably be fine for me but maybe I’d want the second gen pencil.

Does that seem like a good first iPad choice these days?

Yeah I don’t like that either. I have the low end AirPods and I love them. I can keep them in my ears and barely notice them and the don’t block any sound. Great for use at work.

Yeah it seems great, they're about to update the OS, and 256gb is plenty.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Snowy posted:

Is there a preferred 3rd party case that works with the 2nd gen pencil? My cheapskatedness prevents me from buying apple cases

It's not cheap, but man, the Magic Keyboard w/trackpad is a great case. Plus you can poo poo post in style.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Jose Oquendo posted:

It's not cheap, but man, the Magic Keyboard w/trackpad is a great case. Plus you can poo poo post in style.

Ugh that is very cool :(

Ow my wallet

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Snowy posted:

It depends on what you want out of your case. I've been really happy with this one, but I specifically don't want a keyboard case. I'm usually not typing enough to justify one, and if I do need to do a lot of typing on my ipad I keep a ~$10 bluetooth keyboard in my travel bag with my chargers and whatnot. The case lets the pencil magnetically cling to the side of the tablet for charging and storage, but it's also got a little sleeve on the back for it for times when you want a more secure storage option. The stand mode is way more stable than the "fold the top into a triangle" cases and it's got a lot more possible angles.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

This is a pretty good deal if you can get it.

I was able to get verified awhile go and it was pretty easy.

No tax hell yes

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 30, 2022

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

64GB iOS devices should be illegal

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

64GB iOS devices should be illegal

They are perfectly fine media consumption/ Facebook whatever devices. Especially for like $250.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

I have no issues with my 64GB iPad.
It says it has 48 apps installed and it has 38GB free.