Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

learnincurve posted:

Excuse me?

It's homophobic to imply that gay people are groomers, what you did there yourself when you used me and mine as a shield to hide behind was incredibly homophobic, and you can, in the words of my dear old nan (95), "go do one".

It’s also mine and mine so don’t try to assign motives to me champ as we are both entitled to our takes

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Trying to hide a lovely space club behind one of the communities the leadership targeted for harassment is pretty ghoulish, tbqh.

Also you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

TheWeedNumber posted:

thanks for having my back but don't waste time on chickenwing. he's a shitbag and nothing will ever be good enough for him and people like him. also anyone who tries to poo poo on ISRAD like they aren't actual goons is a toxic shithead who drank too much of groomswarm's koolaid before their recent break from SA. and guess what CHICKENWING DID! also lmfao at the groon dude from top goon who tried to tell me poo poo and is mad I don't even remember him. I must not have taken whatever he did personally, unlike him who acts like i hosed his mom to this day, just like soooooooo many others. pathetic!

lol

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

This computer game isn't fun at all!

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

aioli is just mayo posted:

It’s also mine and mine so don’t try to assign motives to me champ as we are both entitled to our takes

Also you

Champ? Nice misgendering there idiot.

No gay people ever equate themselves with grooming, you left your bridge in delve, as my dear old nan (95) would say, if you haven't got anything better to do than wind people up then you can go find a job that wants doing.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Since when did Reddit and Twitter become the benchmark on what is and isn't a slur? Have they banned the hard-R yet?

"Right-wingers called me a groomer for being LGBT so calling actual people who groom children groomers is now a slur."

Does this logic work for "pedophile" as well? Do we gotta ban the P-word now?

gently caress off.

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

learnincurve posted:

Champ? Nice misgendering there idiot.

No gay people ever equate themselves with grooming, you left your bridge in delve, as my dear old nan (95) would say, if you haven't got anything better to do than wind people up then you can go find a job that wants doing.

Champ isn’t gendered, it’s me patronizing you. Additionally, you’re putting words in my mouth, as I never said grooming was homophobic, I said Twitter and Reddit decided that (cnn did too) so you can gently caress off with your concern trolling and frankly neoliberal attitude that disagreeing with the nomenclature someone uses means you’re agreeing with their ideological opponent

Furthermore,

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
i will admit to having a big laugh the first time i saw groomswarm posted in the old thread, but i do worry about this implying that all line members / goons still in ~the imperium~ are pedophiles...

it's certainly a term being used in homophobic and transphobic ways irl, but here it is being used about an actual pedophile and the leaders who sheltered him.

i'm down to talk through this more and feel out how others are thinking about it.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

TheWeedNumber posted:

thanks for having my back but don't waste time on chickenwing. he's a shitbag

Actually, he's a personal friend of mine from Toronto and you clearly have no idea what sort of person he is.

DARPA
Apr 24, 2005
We know what happens to people who stay in the middle of the road. They get run over.

Kaysette posted:

i will admit to having a big laugh the first time i saw groomswarm posted in the old thread, but i do worry about this implying that all line members / goons still in ~the imperium~ are pedophiles...

it's certainly a term being used in homophobic and transphobic ways irl, but here it is being used about an actual pedophile and the leaders who sheltered him.

i'm down to talk through this more and feel out how others are thinking about it.

Mods endorsed it by changing the last thread title. No poo poo calling thousands of people child rapists is hosed up. Not sure a discussion is needed on that one, chief.

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
CEO of Imperium, the defender of 'I identify as an attack helicopter'' jokes despite being told otherwise.

womp womp ;/

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

DARPA posted:

Mods endorsed it by changing the last thread title. No poo poo calling thousands of people child rapists is hosed up. Not sure a discussion is needed on that one, chief.

On the other hand, it's not targeted against some immutable aspect of their personhood, like race or sexual orientation or mental ability. They are free to stop associating with the organization that sheltered and enabled known pedophiles. The reason this is even being discussed is because reactionary fuckups like to call LGBT folks groomers, in the same way the like to call those same folks pedophiles. Which is the serious post behind my flippant reaction above: what makes groomer a slur and pedophile not a slur? Both are used by right-wing bigots to refer to LGBT folks, so that distinction is off the table. What else is there?

Bob Socko
Feb 20, 2001

maybe we should reboot the thread

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Lock thread for a few days because i dont see an end to the non stop slap fights and rehashing of decade old feuds until everyone's had time to process wtf is going on.

This thread's been nothing but name calling, poo poo smearing and accusations of all sort from the get go and is not gonna stop.

*edit* emotions are too raw, rebooting the thread wont solve anything.

Dalael fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jul 29, 2022

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Have people who knowingly sheltered a nonce for a decade been denounced for it by current leadership? Have they even mentioned it or apologised to the alliance for it? I said page 8 of that last thread that nothing would change because the white man don't like it when the boat is rocked and here we are. What is going on with this thread? We just allowing these wind up merchants free rein now? We had a night of just plain nasty posting directed at a victim of abuse and now they have switched to this bullshit whataboutery instead, it's transparent bullshit designed to gaslight and shut those uppity people causing trouble up.

and go gently caress yourself you nasty trolling shitebag aioli is just mayo

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

Bob Socko posted:

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Bob Socko posted:

EVE 2022 Episode 3: Revenge of the Shitpost

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
Shutting down the thread negatively affects the groups trying to replace the one doing bad things so maybe just ban all discussion of what is now a pubbie group or quarantine the topic into its own thread so groon/gandr can do their things.

Rebooting the thread similarly seems like a classic move of the old directorate to bury uncomfortable discussions so...
:shrug:

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
chili better have beans in it

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Coney dog > chili dog

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

Kaysette posted:

It wears on me a bit, but I gauged the mood of the thread(s) and I was not going to take that fight.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Shutting down the thread negatively affects the groups trying to replace the one doing bad things so maybe just ban all discussion of what is now a pubbie group or quarantine the topic into its own thread so groon/gandr can do their things.

Rebooting the thread similarly seems like a classic move of the old directorate to bury uncomfortable discussions so...
:shrug:

the goose posters have zero interest in posting about GSF or even the old thread. It's people I don't recognise coming in and trolling, at this point I'm assuming it's all coming from a discord somewhere - I would take a wild guess that it's because they are perturbed that the recruitment stuff got taken out of the OP and just want to poo poo the thread up for everyone else.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Alternatively, understand that post-revolutionary fervour is gonna make the thread ✨spicy✨ for a bit and let the probes fall where they may. Rebooting will get us like 3 good pages, tops.

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here
What if we reboot a new good thread but don't tell the bad posters and leave them here to slapfight?

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
Just ban the dipshits trying to repurpose actual social justice issues to make their pretend internet spaceship org's whitewash more bulletproof, bing bong problem solved.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Dalmuti posted:

chili better have beans in it

Is if chili without beans? I like making some mean bean chili and use those uncooked tortillas from costco so I get a fresh tortilla stuffed with home made chili.

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ChickenWing posted:

Alternatively, understand that post-revolutionary fervour is gonna make the thread ✨spicy✨ for a bit and let the probes fall where they may. Rebooting will get us like 3 good pages, tops.

This thread has *nothing* on the toxic trainwreck that was the start of Eve Echoes version of GooseFleet.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!

learnincurve posted:

the goose posters have zero interest in posting about GSF or even the old thread. It's people I don't recognise coming in and trolling, at this point I'm assuming it's all coming from a discord somewhere - I would take a wild guess that it's because they are perturbed that the recruitment stuff got taken out of the OP and just want to poo poo the thread up for everyone else.

This thread isnt just reserved for Goose posters tho.

As someone who got booted & banned from GSF for speaking up, i very much want news, updates and discussion about GSF to still occur in this thread.

And while plenty of ppl like Bill come just for trolling there are plenty of ppl who are attempting to have legit discussions who are immediately shouted down.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

CainFortea posted:

Coney dog > chili dog

Truth.

Skyline Forever.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dialhforhero posted:

Skyline Forever.

mods?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Dalael posted:

As someone who got booted & banned from GSF for speaking up, i very much want news, updates and discussion about GSF to still occur in this thread.

And while plenty of ppl like Bill come just for trolling there are plenty of ppl who are attempting to have legit discussions who are immediately shouted down.

That wasn't put well by me, I mean I get the impression that we don't want to post about posting about GSF and the drama, regular eve gossip is fine, it's good to know what's going on with the largest group in game, but I got the impression when the last thread was closed that the mods wanted to draw a line under the Bad kind of drama, which is something people coming in to stir up trouble now it's "safe" don't want to do.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting

Dalael posted:

Actually it is reserved just for geese, imperium has inn for all your news needs!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

DARPA posted:

You know drat well that we weren’t calling everyone in GSF pedophiles. You know drat well. Shame on you for trying to pull this. You know better.

Things appear to have actually moved a bit in GSF on this front because these allegations were specific and substantiated.

That is precisely the opposite of what you’re trying to twist this into. Get the gently caress out forever, and take your post-rational poison with you.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Jul 29, 2022

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

ChickenWing posted:

The cycle in Eve Echoes was the increasingly whackjob crazies to ban anyone who didn't toe their increasingly strict line and it repeatedly imploded and finally the sane people finally built something out of the wreckage.

There's not the same situation here, thankfully. GooseFleet here is off to a good start, I hope they grow and prosper. (I think Eve and I are probably done after 19 years though.)

Aside: Hey LC, is this person a "goose poster" or are they on your list of "people you don't recognise coming in and trolling"?

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

Actually it is reserved just for geese, imperium has inn for all your news needs!

Rust Martialis fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jul 29, 2022

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Sevorast posted:

I was in Goonwaffe for like 3 months back in 2012, character name is/was Seth Thorne, saw/heard so many F-slurs in that time it made me feel absolutely unwelcome so I dropped and logged out for a decade.

Stopped even coming here to SA over it too. Felt like the same people would be here and it took a couple years before I was comfortable even posting here again. Maybe that was stupid, it feels a little stupid saying it now, but whatever.

Would Goosefleet be a good spot to land for someone who was (very) bad at the game 10 years ago and hasn't played since? I dunno, I want to check out the new stuff like especially wormholes and also these abyss deadspace things. Maybe I should just derp around in highsec for a while and figure the basics out again before joining any groups.

BigPaddy posted:

We love newgeese, come honk with us.

QFT~

Seriously, I've had more fun in the past week losing a DST jammed full of an Asshut and roadie-running a core into Nest with my Stratios than basically two entire bloc wars.

Goosefleet as an org is new and shiny and tripping over itself a little bit still but the future looks bright. Come flock with us and do something new if you've never touched wibbly wobbly space holes before!

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Rust Martialis posted:

Actually, he's a personal friend of mine from Toronto and you clearly have no idea what sort of person he is.

Yeah. It is hard to comprehend how addled someone would have to be to get upset with Chickenwing.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
thread doesnt need to be rebooted just tell slapfighting nerds to shut up

also the only people you can level possible accusations of grooming in goonswarm were xenuria and mittani afaik

also also why has mittani not been kicked and banned if he's so unwelcome "from leadership"

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Endie posted:

oh look 297 posts overnight in the eve thread i bet there is some balanced to and fro about asher's announcement i wonder what the quality posters of something awful dot com have come up with let's pour a delicious mug of tea and sit down to challenge ourselves with the zest and spice of debate

:coffeepal:

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

also also why has mittani not been kicked and banned if he's so unwelcome "from leadership"

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

also the only people you can level possible accusations of grooming in goonswarm were xenuria and mittani afaik

It’s worth pointing out that the only people saying anything at all along the lines of “GSF are all groomers” are the very people drive-by posting itt to defend GSF from that imaginary accusation. Its a made-up grievance that is being used to cast SA/Delta as aggressors and themselves as the wounded party in all this, flipping them from having to justify themselves morally to simply playing a “how dare u” defense: DARVO.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Jul 29, 2022