Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Kyte posted:

bbq is all over the world though, and the american version frankly is not even close to the best version of it
Yeah if it's specifically "American" BBQ

You've gotta get much more regional for the good stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

steinrokkan posted:

Which step in the depicted process caused the loose corn to materialize

What kind of a kitchen doesn't have mushroom-corn sauce on standby for any cooking opportunity :confused:

One can whole kernel corn
One can condensed cream of mushroom soup
One can mushroom pieces and stems (with liquid)

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

teen witch posted:

I’ve had a wide variety of tacos around the world and svennetacos are not good

teen witch posted:

I’ve yet to have good pizza in Sweden that I didn’t make myself, but I can gently caress with pizzasallad - just not with pizza or kebab. It is pretty solid.

Will have you deported for having effed up taste and and enemy to our fine food culture, tyvm.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

That just used to happen back then.

Spontaneous degeneration

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
fiending for a nice cold glass of canned mushroom liquid rn.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

uber_stoat posted:

fiending for a nice cold glass of canned mushroom liquid rn.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

von Braun posted:

Will have you deported for having effed up taste and and enemy to our fine food culture, tyvm.

Can’t deport me, I’m behind two citizenships

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I use canned mushrooms a lot because I am lazy and there is no excuse on earth to drain the liquid into the sink instead of into your mouth. It's delicious and why waste it?

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Desert Bus posted:

I use canned mushrooms a lot because I am lazy and there is no excuse on earth to drain the liquid into the sink instead of into your mouth. It's delicious and why waste it?

i don't do this but i will also admit to using canned mushrooms - specifically added to frozen pizzas

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

If they're going to get cooked down anyway? Who cares? Toss a can into that sauce.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Canned mushrooms are fine but taste nothing like fresh ones cooked, much like green beans.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Canned mushrooms are fine but taste nothing like fresh ones cooked, much like green beans.

Canned Vs. Fresh Mushrooms feels to me like the bacon bits Vs. Bacos debate, in that they each have their use and place but people will defend to the death making the wrong choice because "ew."

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I think frozen pizza is the only thing I use them on regularly. I've used them for pasta sauces in a pinch, but I think there's still a noticeable difference compared to fresh ones even after simmering away in there.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

One of the busiest Dominos places in the world (by pure sales not per capita) is in Reykjavík.

"Dominos, somewhat better than urine soaked sharks"

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hello there Iceland Dominos

(currently a shortage of dates in Iceland however)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

uber_stoat posted:

Maybe for you

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i don't date (married to Bjork).

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
https://twitter.com/ThadiusCornwall/status/1553012244476215298

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

they should have used dill cheese instead

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

uber_stoat posted:

hello there Iceland Dominos

Those look fine to me.

I did look at the rest of the menu, and it all looks like it'd be good eating, but I did think it was funny that the Italiana pizza has cream cheese and the New York pizza is some weird thing I doubt NYC has ever done (cheddar, bacon, beef). But I'd still eat them.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Icelandic Dominos is actually pretty good.

Not as good as like artisanal fire baked pizza in Italy or something but on a fast-food chain pizza standard it's perfectly acceptable.

I hear American Domino's is dire.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It depends on the restaurant, but it's not too bad.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Cheddar on pizza is just kinda weird, I'm not sure why.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
American dominos is not great though it varies based on what you get. main draw is it's cheap. them there Iceland pies cost like 30 USD for a pan pizza.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I like a bit of cheddar added for certain types of pizzas, but it would be weird as the main cheese.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Screaming Idiot posted:

It depends on the restaurant, but it's not too bad.

In my experience, Domino's is certainly overpriced but it's not bad. Instead, its problem is that it's so aggressively mediocre that it doesn't really stand out. Some people like Pizza Hut for the absurd greasiness, Papa John's is notable for the proprietor being an rear end in a top hat and their crusts being crunchy cardboard, Domino's is just... there. It exists. It used to suck massively but then they went through this whole PR campaign about "we fixed it! it doesn't suck any more!" and now it's just the :geno: of fast food pizza.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

In Ireland, we have a pizza chain called Apache pizza.
Anyway, I have eaten every single one of their pizzas many times, since they were the chain of choice for meals when we did overtime at my old terrible job.

All their pizzas taste exactly the same, except the Hot n Spicy, which tastes the same plus a little chili.

Awful, terrible bland goddamn pizza, and so horribly overpriced.

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

I want some drat Costco pizza now

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

A Little Caesar's opened up a few blocks away from me a couple of months ago. I've mostly resisted it.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alhazred posted:

"Dominos, somewhat better than urine soaked sharks"

You People eat Grandiosa for Christmas.

You 100% have no ground to talk poo poo about any other nation's culinary mishaps.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Sidenote: the southern BBQ place Way Down South in Oslo serves some of the best food I've had in my life. Probably helps that the owner is an actual American albeit a Yankee.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

You People eat Grandiosa for Christmas.

Which is still somewhat better than urine soaked shark. Also, the "people eat frozen pizza for christmas" thing have been greatly exaggerated:
https://www-nrk-no.translate.goog/mr/myten-om-grandiosa-som-julemiddag-1.12718220?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

FFT posted:

A Little Caesar's opened up a few blocks away from me a couple of months ago. I've mostly resisted it.

I used to get Little Caesar's occasionally for a decent cheap pizza fix, but I got one last year after a real long break and it tasted like the nastiest pile of industrial chemicals. I don't know if they had a big recipe change, my tastes moved on, or there actually was some weird poo poo that happened to that specific one, I haven't had the guts to order another one since.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Alhazred posted:

Which is still somewhat better than urine soaked shark. Also, the "people eat frozen pizza for christmas" thing have been greatly exaggerated:
https://www-nrk-no.translate.goog/mr/myten-om-grandiosa-som-julemiddag-1.12718220?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Urine soaked shark has been marginal for about 100 years and mostly meant as a sort of dare to be washed down with akavit.

Like Drop Bears, mostly a gimmick for scaring foreigners.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Also your country is beautiful and every single Norwegian I've ever met has been a wonderful person.

You People Are wonderful.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Captain Hygiene posted:

I like a bit of cheddar added for certain types of pizzas, but it would be weird as the main cheese.

When I do a breakfast pizza I use a blend of colby and cheddar with the mozz/prov main cheese. Very yummy.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

FreudianSlippers posted:

Also your country is beautiful and every single Norwegian I've ever met has been a wonderful person.

You People Are wonderful.

This is true, I always looked forward to my visits there more than anywhere else.

One time an old fisherman picked me up in a Fjord on a frigid winter's day in Tromsø, I was heading home for my father's funeral, and my transport to the airport got hosed up, that man sat and comforted me and made small talk in his heated warehouse, plying me with coffee for almost 2 hours until my cab arrived, it's one of the nicest things anyone's ever done for me.

I feel like the abysmal native cuisine is God putting his thumb on the scales to balance everything else out.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

I've eaten pizza for Christmas Eve my entire life (nearly 45 years), and so has my mom (just past 70). It started when she was little, first with awful boxed Appian Way pizza kits (hey, it was the '50s!), then with my mom's kick-rear end homemade pizza (usually Detroit-style). I hope the tradition never ever ends. (None of us are anything approaching Norwegian.)

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

This post was made by meat stretchers gang

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

It really does capture those "Thanksgiving alone" vibes