Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Request sent, I hate bills that magically appear out of nowhere and drain your bank account. Ughhhh... :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

trilljester posted:

Request sent, I hate bills that magically appear out of nowhere and drain your bank account. Ughhhh... :unsmith:
Same, brother. Surprise bills are the worst. Thank god for Plinkey.

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Request sent. Almost at the end of a very long unemployment stint that finally gets me paid next week, but need help with a couple unavoidable bills before then :smithfrog:

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Request sent.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If anyone is stressed over roe and needs to chat with a medical professional my dms are open

We can talk or I can direct you to the appropriate resources.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

still waiting to hear back. never got any response past the first email asking for my venmo a few weeks ago :|

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
Request sent, thank you so much for doing this

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
Rebalanced my Patreons and raised my Goonbucks contribution

WorldsStongestNerd
Apr 28, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

theflyingexecutive posted:

if Plinkey actually wanted to steal the Goon Fund, I'm sure he would do so in a way that doesn't send notifications to everyone to contributes. The whole thing has run and continues to run on the trust that he fairly disburses the money that comes his way, all the while sorting through so many requests he can't fulfill as well as trying to accurately judge actual scammers. Actual charity administrators get compensated for their labor, whereas Plinkey runs at a loss. Take your money out if you think he's abusing his responsibility, but you've constructed a real strawman there.

You don't run something like this on "trust". Transparency is key. I remember getting poo poo on months ago for daring to ask basic questions when they were thinking of making this an official charity. Every attempt at transparency is treated as bad faith trolling, and there is only one possible reason for that. At least some of the money is getting disbursed and they're not just keeping all of it, so that's an improvement on most things.
To be clear, even tho they are probably skimming off the top and borrowing from the account, its still a net good if goons are getting some money. But just lol at everyone getting pissy whenever concerns are brought up. Again there is a reason for the defensiveness. At yes I have contributed, and I've also given to goons directly via paypal. In any case, I plan on peacing out so don't wasted any responses on me. Just don't be surprised.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

WorldsStongestNerd posted:

You don't run something like this on "trust". Transparency is key. I remember getting poo poo on months ago for daring to ask basic questions when they were thinking of making this an official charity. Every attempt at transparency is treated as bad faith trolling, and there is only one possible reason for that. At least some of the money is getting disbursed and they're not just keeping all of it, so that's an improvement on most things.
To be clear, even tho they are probably skimming off the top and borrowing from the account, its still a net good if goons are getting some money. But just lol at everyone getting pissy whenever concerns are brought up. Again there is a reason for the defensiveness. At yes I have contributed, and I've also given to goons directly via paypal. In any case, I plan on peacing out so don't wasted any responses on me. Just don't be surprised.

if you want to be my accountant for $0 a month salary, be my guest

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol, i didnt realized they were perma'd

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

Thanks Plinkey and generous goons for coming through and helping out :love:

MLK Ultra
Mar 9, 2021

Plinkey posted:

if you want to be my accountant for $0 a month salary, be my guest

Thank you for saving my rear end.

You have free reign over requests for OpenAI and my abilities in Adobe until I can pay it forward. Should be a month and change.

Thank you.

trilljester
Dec 7, 2004

The People's Tight End.
Thank you so much Plinkey and all who contribute to this fund. It has literally put some food on my table for this week, and payday is only a couple days away, so I'll make it. It means a lot.

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, anyone who thinks they can do a better Goon Charity than Plinkey should absolutely do exactly that, good luck and godspeed. Bc Plinks is one person, trying to meet the needs of desperate and often scared/anxious/emotional goons with a set amount of incoming donations each month. AFAIK no one has been turned away either.

And like, I get that transparency is important but again this is ONE PERSON organizing a fund to help goons and distributing funds in a timely manner while also working/having responsibilities outside goon fund. There’s not a bunch of volunteers doing this who could make it more transparent than: goon sends request, makes post, Plinkey helps as soon as he can, goon lives another day.

Yeah I realize my bias here bc Plinkey has saved my life with meds and food more than once but idk it seems like a huge dick move to come in here swinging at someone doing emotional and (some) physical labor making sure goons don’t starve or end up on the street or die from inaccessible medication.

It seems like if you have legit questions about the fund you can just ask instead of immediately jumping to DEFINITELY SOME SORT OF SCAM.

Anyways I’m happy to see that you haven’t burnt out Plinks :unsmith: you’re doing the lord’s work.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Exactly. Plinkey is doing an amazing job with very limited resources. If anyone thinks it's a scam, they can just choose not contribute to the fund instead of throwing around unsubstantiated accusations. Or they can start their own fund. It's not a zero sum game.

Thank you for your efforts, Plinkey. I can't even imagine how taxing this whole thing is for you, and I just wanted you to know that there are goons (beyond the ones you directly help) that deeply appreciate this sort of commitment, as silent as we might be at times.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

50s girl groupon posted:

Anyways I’m happy to see that you haven’t burnt out Plinks :unsmith: you’re doing the lord’s work.

In like 4 months the fund will be 3 years old

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
ilu plink

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I'm glad he's okay! I sent an email in. I was worried you were feeling really down under the weather or burned out.

ladd
Aug 14, 2004
sent a email. thanks

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Plinkey, and the contributing Goons, have saved my rear end on a couple of occasions.

Thanks, Plink & Goons, words aren't enough.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Several Goblins posted:

Plinkey, and the contributing Goons, have saved my rear end on a couple of occasions.

FiendishThingy
Sep 7, 2003

Request sent.

asterioth
Jul 27, 2007

If it's worth killing it's worth overkilling.

Several Goblins posted:

This

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Request sent.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
[Encyclopedia: Medium] This thread has constructed 0.000001% of communism.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

50s girl groupon posted:

AFAIK no one has been turned away either.

Hey now, how could you forget about the poor goon who was rudely denied his request for like $3000 to buy furniture :colbert:

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.

ekuNNN posted:

Hey now, how could you forget about the poor goon who was rudely denied his request for like $3000 to buy furniture :colbert:

It was like, 10k for 'vintage' stuff. Just get a new one and wear it out yourself. I sent a PM, but I hope Plinkey is alright.

Edit to add: You can get vintage stuff out at old stores.

Aerofallosov has issued a correction as of 22:56 on Jul 6, 2022

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Mine was ignored but I'm a lurker no one knows so was only asking as a last resort desperation move anyway. Could still use help if it was just an oversight though.

OpinionCushion
May 6, 2002
It doesn't look like an ice sculpture.... OR DOES IT??
Sent a request.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Request sent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to Plinkey & all the goons who contribute to this.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Sent you a message plinkey

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
got everyone, i think

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

Plinkey posted:

got everyone, i think
bless you

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus

vortmax posted:

bless you

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

had to ask again, it has been a particularly tough last two weeks

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT
request sent

Omon Ra
Nov 1, 2020
peanus
Thank you, Plinkey.

Several Goblins
Jul 30, 2006

"What the hell do they mean? Beefcake?"

Had to request again, unfortunately. Rough month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buddykins
Feb 12, 2011

Request sent, thank you so much.