Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
Try thinking for a change, sheeple. *microwaves a Dilberito*

Edit: What a terrible snipe. Have a Spicy Indian DILBERITO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
I thought cow-orkers where the folks using the cow tools.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

SubG posted:

So like every arch-leftist I was a vegetarian for a year in high school and ate one of those and it was possibly the most vile thing I've ever eaten. I'd rather go on the gut-flora-killing diet the Soylent guy went on so he wouldn't have to poop as often than eat another one of those.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

SubG posted:

Didn't those cause explosive diarrhea or some hilariously bad reaction? And they were bland as hell? But yeah, I remember Scott Adams always had an odd sense of "PHBs are dumb, and engineers are smart but in all the wrong ways. I am the truly smart one!" vibe that only really came out in his books or when he could have commentary on his comics. There was always something off about him, but I think it was the advent of social media where his lunacy came into full bloom.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Why do they call it oven when you of in the cold dilberito of out hot eat the dilberito?

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Randalor posted:

Didn't those cause explosive diarrhea or some hilariously bad reaction? And they were bland as hell? But yeah, I remember Scott Adams always had an odd sense of "PHBs are dumb, and engineers are smart but in all the wrong ways. I am the truly smart one!" vibe that only really came out in his books or when he could have commentary on his comics. There was always something off about him, but I think it was the advent of social media where his lunacy came into full bloom.

It was bad because his premise was flawed. His idea, going into the Dilberito, was "People don't eat healthy because tracking proper nutrition is complex to the point of being completely un-understandable" and not the simpler ideas, such as "Candy is delicious" or "People eat beef because beef is tasty", the later of which he didn't understand because he couldn't comprehend people liking something he doesn't like (Adams is a vegetarian).

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
One of the stupider changes over the lifespan of the Dilbert comic is that bosses and management went from actively detrimental to "actually making stuff and making it work" to "yeah, basically worth it, you low-level peons wouldn't have a job without our glorious capital".

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Neito posted:

It was bad because his premise was flawed. His idea, going into the Dilberito, was "People don't eat healthy because tracking proper nutrition is complex to the point of being completely un-understandable" and not the simpler ideas, such as "Candy is delicious" or "People eat beef because beef is tasty", the later of which he didn't understand because he couldn't comprehend people liking something he doesn't like (Adams is a vegetarian).

His claim at the time was also that he just had a hard time finding easy vegetarian options in that whole "microwaved frozen junk food" category and decided to try to push into that market. Because, for all that in theory a low-effort vegetarian snack or meal is easy to achieve, sometimes you just want something hot but without too much fuss. As well as the impulse to sometimes just eat garbage.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Also he admitted it was a complete disaster and made jokes about it because he was still able to make jokes about himself and show some signs of self-awareness. His brainworms have progressed exponentially since the mid-90s.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖

Zero_Grade posted:

Found a real doozy of a politoon from someone that I don't recall ever seeing in these threads (Bob Moran from the UK):

He got fired from The Telegraph for being too offensive, which is uh, quite the accomplishment.
Amazing how we have no green energy, but completely clear skies and clear waterways. Must have taken a lot of regulation on big and industrial corporations!
Hold on I'm getting a bulletin

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Vib Rib posted:

Amazing how we have no green energy, but completely clear skies and clear waterways. Must have taken a lot of regulation on big and industrial corporations!

I'm the single tree that is taking care of all CO2 in the atmosphere while you continue burning coal and oil.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

:australia:

Pope:

Rowe:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers and Anthony Albanese on one side of the fence, Coalition leaders Peter Dutton (Liberals) and David Littleproud (Nationals) on the other.

Knight:

Treasurer Jim Chalmers delivers a grim forecast of the economy, cartoonists love drawing dragons.

Leak, Son of Leak:

Leunig:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Vib Rib posted:

He killed all the ""globalists"" that were doing it. Good job Bob, we can have a Christian village green society just like when you were 12 and lived in the sticks and didn't have to worry about things!

What happened to the 'ok with risk' kid hanging upside down from the tree from your youth anyway Bob? Bob?? What happened to the immune system kid Bob?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Guavanaut posted:

He killed all the ""globalists"" that were doing it. Good job Bob, we can have a Christian village green society just like when you were 12 and lived in the sticks and didn't have to worry about things!

What happened to the 'ok with risk' kid hanging upside down from the tree from your youth anyway Bob? Bob?? What happened to the immune system kid Bob?

I just noticed that the "locally produced chemical-free food" bit is closer to the child in blue than it is to the food on the blanket. That combined with the "shrinking cities" label... is this a cheerful "Soylant Green" cartoon?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
As long as they don't have any of those 5G waves or gender medicines from the big cities it's just natural food. :yum:

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The goal is clearly to get rid of all cities, so everyone just lives spread out, in rural areas. I'm sure that will go well, with no consequences or complications.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vib Rib posted:

The goal is clearly to get rid of all cities, so everyone just lives spread out, in rural areas. I'm sure that will go well, with no consequences or complications.

Has Bob Moran ever met Stephanie McMillan?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I feel like that bob is a great candidate for ye olde caption swap edit

L. Ron DeSantis
Nov 10, 2009

A Bad Cartoon, shame on you Bennett. Herschel Walker is being held down by "politics" and not being a total piece of poo poo?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Based on Bennett's twitter, it's meant to be anti-Walker and is just not good at conveying its message. I think the idea is he can't handle politics?

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Angepain posted:

I had the same thought, it's this one by Matt Bors.

I actually bought a print of this. I wonder where I put that.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
"The Yeast They Could Do"

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Nick Anderson

Lisa Benson

Steve Breen

Tim Campbell

Matt Davies

Al Goodwyn

Clay Jones

KAL

Steve Kelley

Gary Markstein

Henry Payne

Rob Rogers

Drew Sheneman

Dana Summers

Gary Varvel

Matt Wuerker

Tony Branco

quote:

Reimagine Disaster: Biden and Democrats say “recession” doesn’t actually mean “recession” even with 2 consecutive quarters of an economic downturn.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

WHAT IDEAS STANTIS

WHAT IDEAS FROM THE RIGHT YOU MILQUETOAST MOTHERFUCKER.

TAKE A GOD drat STANCE. ON ONE loving THING.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Nomination: most incomprehensible

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

uuuuugggh Skelly is such a dullard.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

"The Yeast They Could Do"

Somehow the evil lying scums at Failing Papa John's even made the pizza less greasy than usual as well.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't remember having to do this to get that plane for the Boomers.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Kellies Nomination: Worst Pop Culture Reference, because Jesus Christ, that was Family Guy levels of terrible

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

They do really good Gaetz teeth

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

the_steve posted:

Kellies Nomination: Worst Pop Culture Reference, because Jesus Christ, that was Family Guy levels of terrible
I haven't seen the show so I'm choosing to believe Carmen is really bad at Dungeons and Dragons.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!

Discendo Vox posted:

Nomination: most incomprehensible

Yeah, I tried to parse this one for a while. The Democrat Donkey / Firefighter is... Buying gas? Instead of helping the woman with the fire? Does he plan to douse her in the gas? Why is the gas free? Or has he not pumped at all yet?

I can sort of understand the idea that the inflation reduction act is a misallocation of the build back better program, or rather the donkey is just putting those funds into savings for later instead of using them now (like he should?), but what does that have to do with the firefighter?

Is the thing coming out of a gas pump into a gas canister supposed to be water that he's not using properly?

What is this cartoon trying to communicate to me?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

It's infuriating how close he is to getting it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Mr. Prokosch posted:

Yeah, I tried to parse this one for a while. The Democrat Donkey / Firefighter is... Buying gas? Instead of helping the woman with the fire? Does he plan to douse her in the gas? Why is the gas free? Or has he not pumped at all yet?

I can sort of understand the idea that the inflation reduction act is a misallocation of the build back better program, or rather the donkey is just putting those funds into savings for later instead of using them now (like he should?), but what does that have to do with the firefighter?

Is the thing coming out of a gas pump into a gas canister supposed to be water that he's not using properly?

What is this cartoon trying to communicate to me?

I almost think that Benson started with a gas prices comic and changed her mind partway through.

She does still make great skulldonkeys tho.

SubG
Aug 19, 2004

It's a hard world for little things.
"Democrats aren't helping, they're pouring gas on the fire." In this case the "fire" is inflation and the "gas" is government spending.

That's it.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

But they're not pouring gas on the fire.

Mr. Prokosch
Feb 14, 2012

Behold My Magnificence!
Instead of pouring gas on the fire, they're putting it properly in a canister.

So it's anti Build Back Better but pro inflation reduction act? The inflation adjustment act is siphoning gas from the build back better program, which is a good thing because otherwise the insane donkey firefighter would be pouring that gas on the woman? That's a journey.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Can someone explain this one to me? What are the first two panels about and how are they connected to the last two?

Edit - so in the second panel, "you're going to report on Covid", writing the same article over and over as part of our team, while the transphobic op-ed guy (who is still a part of our team, not a different team as implied by we) is going to write transphobic op-eds. Both Covid and the new plague are just red herrings, the point is that the transphobic guy writes the same article over and over again?

Xander77 fucked around with this message at 12:28 on Jul 30, 2022

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Neito posted:

WHAT IDEAS STANTIS

WHAT IDEAS FROM THE RIGHT YOU MILQUETOAST MOTHERFUCKER.

Oh, you know the ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Xander77 posted:

Can someone explain this one to me? What are the first two panels about and how are they connected to the last two?

Edit - so in the second panel, "you're going to report on Covid", writing the same article over and over as part of our team, while the transphobic op-ed guy (who is still a part of our team, not a different team as implied be we) is going to write transphobic op-eds. Both Covid and the new plague are just red herrings, the point is that the transphobic guy writes the same article over and over again?

The way I read it is that it's contrasting the fairly unenthusiastic and by-the-numbers reporting of the media on major issues that affect millions of people on the one hand with the rapid-fire, frothing-at-the-mouth output of transphobic editorials on the other. For example, in the UK media they've currently got like 16 transphobic articles per day across all newspapers, five a day alone from a single publication (Daily Mail).