Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

This

Now you may say 'Rarity why would you like to read what Relax or DIE writes about his favourite video games?'. Well I have a very simple answer for you, Relax or DIE is not my friend

i withdraw my nominations for game of the year...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Rarity posted:

I will not reveal my secrets, it would ruin the fun of voting :colbert:

it is merely provisional goty

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Relax Or DIE posted:

you can not do that retroactively

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

Yeah what are you gonna do, start your own GOTY thread? I don't think so

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

just remembering metroid dread came out this year. Probably my favorite game I spent less than 20 hours on, maybe ever.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Actually...
MeDread came out last year

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Metroid "Steam" Dreck

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im going to play Open Fortress

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Rarity posted:

Yeah what are you gonna do, start your own GOTY thread? I don't think so

gamers you ever work on a heartfelt list only for 'rarity' (whoever that even is) to come in and decide that your choices aren't gotta because of some bullshit about numbers and votes?

in my thread, all choices are equally respected. if you say it's goty then it's goty. don't let some wrestling fan impose a hierarchy on your feelings.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

metroid dread is officially neither my GOTY or GOLY

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
if i can get to the current end game content in Caves of Qud it'll be my GOTY

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

wuggles posted:

Good luck Walla!

Zil posted:

Hell yeah, taking care of yourself is always a great idea. You got this.

madmatt112 posted:

Good luck, friend. ADHD is a bitch. I'm pullin' for ya.

Thanks everyone. It's been hard since I quit vaping, and I've been self-medicating for so long I don't even remember why I didn't like taking medicine for it. Something needs to change.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Relax Or DIE posted:

gamers you ever work on a heartfelt list only for 'rarity' (whoever that even is) to come in and decide that your choices aren't gotta because of some bullshit about numbers and votes?

in my thread, all choices are equally respected. if you say it's goty then it's goty. don't let some wrestling fan impose a hierarchy on your feelings.

Pfft, communism? It'll never work

rox
Sep 7, 2016

im all about not working, sign me up

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I can't get motivated to play anything lately so i might do playthrough #4 of botw to rekindle my passion for video games

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

That reminds me, I restarted Detective Pikachu. Really cute and fun game, and really chill.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Bloodstained is way harder than the old vanias cause the 3d models are way harder to figure out where I'm hitting.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

A major highlight from VG's Majora's Mask stream today, a real must watch:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmellyTawdryPelicanSquadGoals-grlhBv3tt2hGBqZ6

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Regy Rusty posted:

:owned:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Walla posted:

Just contacted a psychiatrist. Think it's time to try to do something about this ADHD issue. poo poo's gotten worse since I quit drinking and smoking.

Good luck, hope it will go swell :)

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Regy Rusty posted:

Hahahaha perfect

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Walla posted:

Just contacted a psychiatrist. Think it's time to try to do something about this ADHD issue. poo poo's gotten worse since I quit drinking and smoking.

me too! american healthcare is a byzantine nightmare!

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Waffleman_ posted:

Games I've cleared/played a good bit of this year:

Ace Combat 7
All Five Monkey Island Games
Pokemon Legends Arceus
SUPERHOT
Super Robot Wars 30
Bloodborne
Mass Effect 1 Legendary Edition
AI Nirvana Initiative
TMNT Shredder's Revenge

How was Arceus? Initial impressions seemed positive, but I didn't hear much about it afterward.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I didn't get like that far into it, I wanna get back to it, but it's a fun enough time. Neat new take on the formula.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Relax Or DIE posted:

Wrestlemania 2000 for the N64 is my GotY

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
im such a gamer i pee sittin' down cuz once i leave The Gaming Zone the phone comes with and well who doesnt have GAMES VIDEO GAMES on their phome

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Retro Bowl kicks rear end btw

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Help Im Alive posted:

I can't get motivated to play anything lately so i might do playthrough #4 of botw to rekindle my passion for video games

Have you considered a playthrough of elden ring? I’ve heard it called “BotW but better” by many elite gamers

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Sekiro is not as good as some of the thread thinks but it is amazing when it is on point like 80% of the time and a relatively short journey.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

verbal enema posted:

Retro Bowl kicks rear end btw

:hai:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Gaius Marius posted:

Bloodstained is way harder than the old vanias cause the 3d models are way harder to figure out where I'm hitting.

The 3d graphics were not a good idea

The art style they went with either

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

my dude

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I somehow found a psychiatrist who is only accepting new patients on Medicaid. For once, yay for being poor?

Also, good luck!

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

drat the easter roman empire...

also america wsucks!!!

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I like how there's a tiny little egg included as part of the Atari Adventure diorama from the recent Lego Atari set.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
you can trace every weirdo Nier Automata (all of em) song to this dope poo poo imo and im right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI5PLZ7wmS0

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

elden ring is alright but it didn't feel that similar to botw, but I'm someone who always found zelda/souls comparisons goofy. if anything it reminded me of pokemon since they both have weird horses with a double jump

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/jackboxgames/status/1553093302831964160?s=20&t=gg2CsIgkuIawDahNRx97AA

(They did in fact get the refund lol)

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

verbal enema posted:

drat the easter roman empire...

also america wsucks!!!

why did constantinople get the works???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012