Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...

Darthemed posted:

Mystery Men Comics #22 (1941)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Journey into Mystery #62 (1960)

Martian Manhunter #15 (2000)

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
This got a laugh out of my inner 14-year-old

From Justice League America (1987-96) #61

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'm Ice with the thousand yard stare

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Panic #8 (1955)

Spidey Super Stories #48 (1980)

Superboy #108 (1963)

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Darthemed posted:

Panic #8 (1955)

Superboy #108 (1963)

That Panic comic has more jokes per panel than Police Squad

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

evilmiera posted:

That Panic comic has more jokes per panel than Police Squad

About ½ the gags that Mad Magazine had.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Somebody is stealing our plants. We suspect it's the guy actively stealing a plant right now.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Push El Burrito posted:

Somebody is stealing our plants. We suspect it's the guy actively stealing a plant right now.

You know when you go to a store and then you realize you have an item that could have been bought from that store - or, worse yet, was previously bought from that store - on your person, and then you feel like all the filth in the world are going to descend upon you at any moment and put you in crime jail forever?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Push El Burrito posted:

The guy's not stealing a plant, he's just hanging around. Didn't you hear what he said?

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Push El Burrito posted:

I'd like to think that the security guy has been watching alleged-plant-thief-man nick the plants from the get-go but he only gets minimum wage and hosed if he's going to tangle with a regular thief, let alone a crazy guy in a costume, probably thematically super powered, dangling from the ceiling.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Hey, by the by, this is a fantastic book:

https://wwnorton.com/books/9780393635607

I enjoyed it way more than The Ten Cent Plague.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

Panic #8 (1955)

Superboy #108 (1963)

I know it's all just a joke but why does the Yankee have cheeks like a Pikachu?

IYKK
Mar 13, 2006

TwoPair posted:

I know it's all just a joke but why does the Yankee have cheeks like a Pikachu?

I think it might be his tongue.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

IYKK posted:

I think it might be his tongue.

ah yeah, I see it now

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.

From Avengers #327 (1990)

From the Avengers Annual #19 (1990) story "Clowning Around", which basically has the construction workers, who are rebuilding the Avengers HQ, stopping various D-list villains from wrecking their work while the Avengers are touring the site.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Lightning Comics #6 (1941)

The Age of the Sentry! #5 (2009)

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Darthemed posted:

The Age of the Sentry! #5 (2009)

Next week:

Temperatures plummet around the globe as Reed Richards' plan to reverse global warming goes horribly awry and changes the climate crisis to global cooling.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Global cooling would be just as bad, sea levels would plummet, growing days would shorten, icecaps would expand south and north respectively, why we'd have to pump and dump more carbon into the atmosphere in an attempt to reverse the cycle!

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Fun fact, climate change might well lead to a brief period* of cooling for northern Europe as the Atlantic circulation current slows down or stops, similar to what's happened in the past.

Or it might not, no-one knows and we're sort of hosed anyway!

anyway, it's hard to be reincarnated as an ancient Sumerian god of the Underworld when you're also into Warhammer

(Wicked + Divine #20)

*a thousand years

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
I feel like I never fully appreciated this joke, what's a Nergal?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

StumblyWumbly posted:

Nothing much, what's a turn on you're monitor with you?

Astribulus
Apr 20, 2004
That's the second largest duck I've ever had in my pants. - Guybrush Threepwood

StumblyWumbly posted:

Nergal the ancient Mesopotamian god vs Nurgle the Warhammer chaos god of plague who is a festering lump of every disease ever. He's also sitting on a skull throne which is Khorne's thing (another Warhammer chaos god of blood and battle, much more popular with the fandom).

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Astribulus posted:

Nergal the ancient Mesopotamian god vs Nurgle the Warhammer chaos god of plague who is a festering lump of every disease ever. He's also sitting on a skull throne which is Khorne's thing (another Warhammer chaos god of blood and battle, much more popular with the fandom).

And like a lot of goths, Baph is a) insecure, and b) a massive nerd. He couldn't stand the thought that even though he's literally a god there'd still be people sniggering about him being the god of farts.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Mystery Men Comics #22 (1941)

Ranma 1/2 Vol. 17 (2001)

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

Ms. Marvel #32

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

Bucnasti posted:

Ms. Marvel #32

This. This is good.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Edit: Whoops that was an edit

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Captain America - Sentinel of Liberty #2: After Captain America and Bucky stop a terrorist attack, the terrorist cryptically tells Steve the shield isn't his symbol, "it's theirs" before he dies. Anyway this is Steve having lunch with his new neighbors friends from class (he's taking art classes in community college) the next week.

I love that all these years later Cap still has a lowkey grudge against Tony

e: corrected my own dumbass post

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jul 30, 2022

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Blue Beetle #29 (1944)

Martian Manhunter #21 (2000)

Superboy #109 (1963)

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Fun fact, climate change might well lead to a brief period* of cooling for northern Europe as the Atlantic circulation current slows down or stops, similar to what's happened in the past.

Or it might not, no-one knows and we're sort of hosed anyway!

anyway, it's hard to be reincarnated as an ancient Sumerian god of the Underworld when you're also into Warhammer

(Wicked + Divine #20)

*a thousand years

I remember that being a good book early on, does it continue being good? No idea when exactly I fell off it.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah its a whole lot of AUGH THESE loving GODS and is good.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

TwoPair posted:

Captain America - Sentinel of Liberty #2: After Captain America and Bucky stop a terrorist attack, the terrorist cryptically tells Steve the shield isn't his symbol, "it's theirs" before he dies. Anyway this is Steve having lunch with his new neighbors the next week.

I love that all these years later Cap still has a lowkey grudge against Tony

Are Steve's next-door neighbors a carefully curated cross-section of the youth of today?

And uh, one fellow senior?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Nilbop posted:

Are Steve's next-door neighbors a carefully curated cross-section of the youth of today?

Actually I messed up, it's his friends he's made in class because he's taking art classes in community college

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jul 29, 2022

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Darthemed posted:

Martian Dickwhaker #21 (2000)

Forum accident
Jun 15, 2006

All hail Thor...the THUNDER GOD!

Savage She-Hulk #5 (1980)

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Nilbop posted:

Steve went in the ice in his twenties, other than childhood what the hell would he have in common with elderly people? He was like 26, that's barely a person. Makes way more sense he'd hang out with young artists, he *is* a young artist.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

fighting in world war ii

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Superboy #109 (1963)

Punisher 2099 #22 (1994)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Darthemed posted:

Punisher 2099 #22 (1994)

I recently read Jaegir: Beasts Within which is set in the Rogue Trooper universe but deals a Nort officer fighting corruption amongst Nort troops.

I only realised at the end that the Simon Coleby who did the art was the Simon Coleby who did Punisher 2099 there and bunch of stuff in 2000AD during the early '90's in that same horrid style.

He's come along way, art-wise. I read an interview where he talked about his comic work from 'before he could draw'.