Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Headmaster Eddie unlocks the chair mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

hard counter posted:

let nobody forget the wee baby alice may doyle, who's probably old enough now to be a post grad of some kind

let's say, i dunno, in psychology :twisted:

Millionaire from onlyfans is probably a tad on the nose

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

The Saucer Hovers posted:

what in the hell
One of the first projects in any editing course at a plethora of film schools, including mine, is to take a movie or television show and create out of it a trailer that's a completely different genre of movie or show.

A pretty famous one turned The Shining into an inspiring coming-of-age tale akin to something like Renaiisance Man or The Dead Poets Society called Shining.

They're all over the internet because people have to make them for school, but then each time one gets popular, there are imitators, so we'll be seeing these for a while yet.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

He Is Always Listening.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

dangerstepp
Apr 8, 2019

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
...I swear at least one of those is Ayn Rand and it seems bizarrely fitting.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
I always imagine Lucy Lee Flippin... on amphetamines and after a bout of cancer. But truly it's Hitchcock's horror: Not seeing is more scary. In the episode with the painting of Niles as Pan, I typically only realize at the last minute that Maris is in fact not hiding between the painting and the backing material.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its hard to believe the Duke's episode is only in S2, and early in it. Feels like "I'm goin to Duke's" is a line from any season.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

This means Niles is Shredder right

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Bebe is shredder

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

datajugend posted:

Bebe is shredder
Bebe is the Mutagen (Wo)Man

Marty is Rat King but for annoying dogs

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Hmmm.

Well in other news I've watched the first season of Boss. They finished the last episode with a 3--5min rising soundtrack of Moonlight Sonata; gonna be pissed off if I don't enjoy the piece next time I hear it.

Some nice speeches where he drops back into clear Frasier voice. They certainly directed the entire cast to be "stone faced" but many of them didn't get much beyond that; Grammer and a few others managed to be stoney but expressive (when not yelling).

I was wondering the entire time how they'd have a second season, especially given the final image. :( But I'll start it soon enough. Some other unexpected rough spots near the end, but I guess no worse than The Godfather.

And the handful of sex addicts... seriously who does that. At least they didn't turn that into aggressive/controlling bullshit.

There's really only one thing that would have been a nice plot point that didn't happen. Early on (yeah it's a decade old but I had never seen it, so...) I got the impression that he wanted chaos in order to cover up his inevitable issues, but later things seemed to go more out of control. At least there was only one clear case of opposite-memory (would have been weak if that was their only device), but I would have expected, based on his personality, that he would have used it to his advantage.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

We got 4 eps left of S2. There are some big twists in there you are gonna wanna see.

datajugend
Jan 15, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Martin dies

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
When people make fun of my Frasier season 1 haircut, I just think of the tossed salads and scrambled eggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQx-H2av1PM

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Best comment I've gotten is someone asking if I had a coupon for a haircut where it was free but only the top and sides

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Best comment I've gotten is someone asking if I had a coupon for a haircut where it was free but only the top and sides

Better post a photo!

During lockdown times, I let my hair get down to a little past my shoulders. I considered doing a Frasier S1 haircut for Halloween.

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Aug 18, 2022

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

When people make fun of my Frasier season 1 haircut, I just think of the tossed salads and scrambled eggs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQx-H2av1PM

In my head I’m going to just believe that Kelsey really wanted this whole song as the Frasier opening credits, and it inspired the episode where Frasier writes his own show’s intro with orchestra etc.

secular woods sex
Aug 1, 2000
I dispense wisdom by the gallon.
Every time I see Dr. Frasier Krang my brain screams that the Technodrome should be renamed Le Cigare Violent.

Thanks thread!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That song's about eating rear end and jizzing violently right?

It's some Freudian poo poo? Right?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The way I've had it read is that it's about the people calling into Frasier's show- you can't un-toss a salad or un-scramble eggs, they're just nuts

mudskipp
Jan 1, 2018

stop making sense

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The way I've had it read is that it's about the people calling into Frasier's show- you can't un-toss a salad or un-scramble eggs, they're just nuts

Wow and that's why they're "calling again"

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

mudskipp posted:

Wow and that's why they're "calling again"
The song opens with "I hear the blues a'callin", so the blues would be calling again. Though I personally always hear it as his callers calling again, the song says it's the psych issues, sigh. Frasier presumably feels like he can help his callers, hence his career and "I got you pegged". The unresolved issue must be something else.

His family and friends and relationships are constantly a mess (it is a sitcom after all, they have to be), and he doesn't "know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs", so it seems like the salads/eggs might be references to the problems moreso than the people/callers?

Seems like "I have the blues, again, about love and relationships (what else?); obviously unsolved. I understand your problems; but who the heck knows how to unfuck relationship drama".

"There is a saying you can't unscramble eggs" definitely does seem to apply, but Frasier can help the crazy, the addicted, the bedwetters. Instead, the eggs seem to be the endless squabbles that people create trying to exist together, and generally the things that cause the blues.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

y'all are recreating the youtube comments

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
Is there some full analysis video or something?

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

The song opens with "I hear the blues a'callin", so the blues would be calling again. Though I personally always hear it as his callers calling again, the song says it's the psych issues, sigh. Frasier presumably feels like he can help his callers, hence his career and "I got you pegged". The unresolved issue must be something else.

His family and friends and relationships are constantly a mess (it is a sitcom after all, they have to be), and he doesn't "know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs", so it seems like the salads/eggs might be references to the problems moreso than the people/callers?

Seems like "I have the blues, again, about love and relationships (what else?); obviously unsolved. I understand your problems; but who the heck knows how to unfuck relationship drama".

"There is a saying you can't unscramble eggs" definitely does seem to apply, but Frasier can help the crazy, the addicted, the bedwetters. Instead, the eggs seem to be the endless squabbles that people create trying to exist together, and generally the things that cause the blues.

This post needs a closer where it turns out, somehow, the lyrics were about their mother's lab rats instead.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Rappaport posted:

This post needs a closer where it turns out, somehow, the lyrics were about their mother's lab rats instead.
In their endless search to better themselves, Frasier and Niles discover a platinum door leading into the light. Baby I hear the blues calling, cucumbers and honey balms.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

This is a different iteration than I had envisioned.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Come on, one of you formulate a scene wherein the family reacts to the death of the queen

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
INT. DR FRASIER CRANE'S LIVING ROOM
His CRANE is displayed prominently and Neurotically. The CRANE FAMILY is eating a table fast.

A piercing moan from Daphne breaks the silent.

Daphne
OY Wat Guvnuh!

Dr FRASIER glances up from his bag of CRANES

FRASIER
DAPHNIE PLEASE! SPEAK THE ENGLISH OF OUR LANGUAGE!

A vein throbs lovingly on his wise head.

DR CRANE foppishly through the door

NILES (not a murderer)
Good Day family! What is the trouble with the one I love?

Daphne clutches her heart

DAPHNIE
I feel a great age!

Dr. Crane
My god Frazer, help her now!

FRASIER
No, the weakness needs to leave.

Dr. Crane leaves

Marty Cranes in his place

MARTIN
Wow I just had sex. Who expired?

FRASIER
Quiet father! The service is in distress.

Dog urinates on Frasier

Frazer
DAD! I AM EXPERIENCING AN EMOTION

Marty flips the TV, then turns it on.

MARTY
There is a death of age! The royalty!

FRASIER scoffs.

Frasier
Oh please father. Royal, Tea?

Sarcasm drops from his ear.

Everyone looks at Daphne, including Dr Niles who is on the balcony now.

Daphne
A Blooming Tuppence for her head says psychic?

FRASIER looks down at his eggs. Also, plate.

FRASIER
Daphne must rule now.

They hold hands.

Snugglecakes
Dec 29, 2008

:h: :glomp: :h:

Frasier uses Freud!
It’s not very effective…

https://twitter.com/frasier_looking/status/1574708382073638912?s=46&t=eeZaxW_7Rr9vY5iRL8h8rg

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I can't remember, does Frasier ever express a love for a pop song? Or does Niles?

Cheers Frasier would've loved Robin Trower but show Frasier doesn't seem to love anything recent

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Buttons and Bows ring a bell?

I've said it before but Frasier has a real problem when it comes to the writers trying to make him relatable. Some episodes he's sucking down Chiteau de Marmal 72 and 10 ways up his own rear end, others he's wearing a tee shirt and sweats and drinking a beer.

FilthyImp fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Sep 28, 2022

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

I can't remember, does Frasier ever express a love for a pop song? Or does Niles?

Cheers Frasier would've loved Robin Trower but show Frasier doesn't seem to love anything recent

yes in cheers, they have a typical bar discussion of "best car song" and Frasier immediately answers with Little GTO by Ronnie and the Daytonas. This would have been 20 years old at the time of the episode so it would have been like todays frasier expressing a love for the backstreet boys.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Niles walks in wearing leather pants and a shiny gray shirt.

"Oh look dad, it's one of the Smooshing Pumpkins"
*Laughter*

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Goldfinger probably doesn't count but they sing that one.

FilthyImp posted:

Buttons and Bows ring a bell?

I've said it before but Frasier has a real problem when it comes to the writers trying to make him relatable. Some episodes he's sucking down Chiteau de Marmal 72 and 10 ways up his own rear end, others he's wearing a tee shirt and sweats and drinking a beer.

Eh, I feel it's not a big stretch that he can and does do both. Like, he likes being fancy and wearing suits and drinking wine he can name, but he's also able to act more casually and not be self conscious about it.

FilthyImp posted:

Niles walks in wearing leather pants and a shiny gray shirt.

"Oh look dad, it's one of the Smooshing Pumpkins"
*Laughter*

There was actually an episode where Niles is dating a punk girl and he absolutely pulls off the look, the only problem is that being older than he looks he quickly feels like the lifestyle is going to kill him.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

He seemed to enjoy Great Balls of Fire. Not really that recent of course...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albgrS1-L8w

Of course at the time, it was just a wee bit older than Smells Like Teen Spirit is currently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Eh, I feel it's not a big stretch that he can and does do both. Like, he likes being fancy and wearing suits and drinking wine he can name, but he's also able to act more casually and not be self conscious about it.
I think by season 3 they offload the super high faluting stuff to Niles because of course you would.

quote:

There was actually an episode where Niles is dating a punk girl and he absolutely pulls off the look, the only problem is that being older than he looks he quickly feels like the lifestyle is going to kill him.
Exactly the episode I had in mind.