Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

I had a lamborghini suv get mad that I was doing 30 in a 25 on my bike and did some aggressive vrooming behind me. How defeated as a person do you have to be to get a lamborghini, but SUV :psyduck:

Horace
Apr 17, 2007

Gone Skiin'

ikanreed posted:

The Chunnel should be for trains and zombies only

the chunnel is folkestone, dover is the ferry.

the ferry is better than the eurostar because you can eat some expensive fish and chips, change your money at a bureau de change with worse rates than an airport then stand on the deck and admire the visible haze of pollution hovering over the channel.

the spirit of britain/france ferries can each carry 1,059 cars.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

BeeSeeBee posted:

I had a lamborghini suv get mad that I was doing 30 in a 25 on my bike and did some aggressive vrooming behind me. How defeated as a person do you have to be to get a lamborghini, but SUV :psyduck:

I drive pretty fast compared to most people but I always have to lmao when I still get tailgated driving like 20 over. I think some people just view the road as theirs and everyone else is in their way.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Pryor on Fire posted:

I drive pretty fast compared to most people but I always have to lmao when I still get tailgated driving like 20 over. I think some people just view the road as theirs and everyone else is in their way.

if you drive 20 mph over, you’re both suicidal and a higher potential murderer than normal. I assume the system will break down if you don’t and then you might die also. :shrug:

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
i like to slow down when i get tailgated. it makes em so mad. it’s going to get me killed

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica
I just pull over immediately tbh because I am so far away from wanting to get rear-ended by one of those shitheads. Sometimes if I am lucky I can get the speeders to tailgate each other while I observe from a safe distance behind

god drat do I hate cars

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

mawarannahr posted:

if you drive 20 mph over, you’re both suicidal and a higher potential murderer than normal. I assume the system will break down if you don’t and then you might die also. :shrug:

I can drive like 40-50 over pretty safely on the roads I know, have to go a bit faster than that before I can actually lose traction on turns. 20 over is just more like commuting speed.

These are mostly empty mountain roads you should worry about someone else.

Pryor on Fire has issued a correction as of 02:41 on Jul 30, 2022

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

Horace posted:

the chunnel is folkestone, dover is the ferry.

the ferry is better than the eurostar because you can eat some expensive fish and chips, change your money at a bureau de change with worse rates than an airport then stand on the deck and admire the visible haze of pollution hovering over the channel.

the spirit of britain/france ferries can each carry 1,059 cars.

Fun fact: due to Brexit, The Spirit of Britain is a Cypriot ship.

BeeSeeBee
Oct 25, 2007

Pryor on Fire posted:

It was also at one of the most obnoxiously "share the road" sections of road around here, which is where I started to get radicalized many years ago. If I, someone both fast as gently caress and cool as hell on my bike have can't soothe the car brains blood lust, then there's absolutely no chance for anyone going a normal speed on a bike to not get flattened.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
i saw a car today and let me tell you, i hate cars

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

vyelkin posted:

i saw a car today and let me tell you, i hate cars

:hai:

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I don’t like how half the “driving in Seattle be like” TikToks are about shaming pedestrians for having the gall to interfere with smooth carring

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

I can drive like 40-50 over pretty safely on the roads I know, have to go a bit faster than that before I can actually lose traction on turns. 20 over is just more like commuting speed.

Really safe, until it isn't

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
full car brain on display in this article

quote:

Although he was under the influence of alcohol and marijuana and was also street racing at the time of the crash, he believes the true culprit was the faulty mechanics of the car itself.

“In retrospect, I had gotten a new Scion tC and I was trying to sell the one that I’d crashed,” he said. “But I had an alternator problem with the other one and didn’t get it fixed. And I completely forgot that my front right tie rod was bad, which controls steering.”

mystes
May 31, 2006

Pryor on Fire posted:

Thank you for doing your part to reduce the number of drivers on the road

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Pryor on Fire posted:

I also love coffin supply companies

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Y'all ever see a car and think "drat, I hate that?"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

802.11weed posted:

i like to slow down when i get tailgated. it makes em so mad. it’s going to get me killed

Get some cokebottle glasses and hold the wheel with 2 hands. When they go back push them back up your nose and have your mouth open

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Y'all ever see a car and think "drat, I hate that?"

all the time, friend. all the dang time

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

(collision happens at 1 min mark)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNQ4lh5P_5Y

https://hudsonreporter.com/2022/07/29/amy-degise-in-cctv-footage-hits-cyclist-and-keeps-going/

quote:

Jersey City Councilwoman Amy DeGise will not resign after hit-and-run with cyclist

Jersey City Councilwoman Amy DeGise will not resign from office despite calls to do so after CCTV footage released by the city shows she struck a cyclist at an intersection without stopping afterwards.

Her spokesman, Phil Swibinski, told the New Jersey Globe that she “plans to complete her full term and continue in public service.”

“Councilwoman DeGise was elected overwhelmingly just a few months ago and she has no intention of walking away from the commitment she made to serve the people of Jersey City,” he said.

so brave.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

"In fact," added DeGise unprompted, "I kind of enjoyed it. I think I have a taste for it now and will be doing this again. Nobody can stop me!"

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If she had hit a cyclist with her fist or something and ran away she'd be in jail.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Cup Runneth Over posted:

If she had hit a cyclist with her fist or something and ran away she'd be in jail.

I'm no expert on new Jersey culture but i think that might not always be true

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

i hate cars more than anything in this drat worlddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

lobster shirt posted:

i hate cars more than anything in this drat worlddddddd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

why?

Harik
Sep 9, 2001

From the hard streets of Moscow
First dog to touch the stars

Plaster Town Cop

Pryor on Fire posted:

lmao this is outstanding parody of terminal carbrain, a++

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Got to watch an rear end in a top hat do a bunch of illegal passing and cut through a gas station to avoid a left turn arrow.

On the way back from my destination, got to have a bunch of assholes weaving in and out of traffic so they could feel like Paul Walker and Vin Diesel.

Awful reckless behavior.

speng31b
May 8, 2010

we are meat sacks containing blood and other consistencies of meat.

cars don't give a gently caress if our blood and inside-meat stays correctly positioned. if anything, from a physics standpoint, they are trying their best to rearrange our meats. you can't argue with that or fix it

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
in the pixar movie cars there are sentient cars and no humans, and yet the built environment of the world the cars inhabit in cars is identical to 21st-century north america, revealing that there is no difference between the 21st-century north american built environment and a world where cars get to make all urban planning decisions

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

vyelkin posted:

in the pixar movie cars there are sentient cars and no humans, and yet the built environment of the world the cars inhabit in cars is identical to 21st-century north america, revealing that there is no difference between the 21st-century north american built environment and a world where cars get to make all urban planning decisions

it is easier to imagine a world where sentient cars rule the world than to imagine the end of capitalism

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

their bad

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

802.11weed posted:

I brake check if there's no one else around. Drives the point home pretty well

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i used to do that poo poo until i worked a god awful total loss job at an insurance company for a year. now i just drive in an extremely passive bubble and am constantly pulling over, trying to deescalate, because i hate cars and i dont want to die in one or spend more time repairing and driving the piece of poo poo around because i aggroed the wrong carbrained npc

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

omg lol this is so brazen

speng31b posted:

"In fact," added DeGise unprompted, "I kind of enjoyed it. I think I have a taste for it now and will be doing this again. Nobody can stop me!"

rofl

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

if someone is tailgating me because i am going at or under the speed limit, i simply maintain my speed and keep feeling relaxed.

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost
Reader submitted:

quote:

Dear Editor:

The bicyclist ran a red light which is illegal in the state of New Jersey last time I checked. Closed circuit video footage proves it, and it is obvious to those with their eyes wide open. But could he have made a human error and truly believed the light was green?
In the crash report, the bicyclist told cops he had a green light and the right of way. He also told the media the same. Facts are always important, and the fact here is that he either lied twice adding insult to injury or his action or decision was not intentional. Any court in the country can examine the video footage and see clearly as day that the proof is the truth.

What irritates me is it is peculiar how certain politicians fiercely demanded the video footage right away! As it turns out, it is this evidence that proves Councilwoman Amy DeGise, the motorist, was not the guilty party. Ms. DeGise undoubtedly made a report to the lawful authority. They were so quick to judge her and came to adverse conclusions before they had all the facts. My suspicion is that certain politicians were just looking to vilify the Councilwoman At Large.

Mary Jean Perkins

quote:

Dear Editor:

When I watched the video of the accident involving Councilwoman Amy Degise and a bicyclist, I got flashbacks of the time a speeding bike came inches from slamming my automobile at a high speed, while pulling out of a Hudson County supermarket. A few more inches and he would have been dead; speedo shorts, fid bit, helmet and all. Yep, he almost hit my automobile just like the bicyclist was the one that hit Amy Degise.

The CCTV Video Cameras show proof that the cyclist ran the red light which is against the law, at the intersection of MLK Drive & Forrest Street, striking the vehicle with force.

My opinion is that so many of the bike riders are guilty of this infraction, it’s impossible to count them. We just Thank God that nobody was killed this time. Evidence proves that the bike hit the car at a high speed after running that very red light. My view is that it was not a hit & run crash because she reported it to police. It fact, it was her who was hit. I’m sure she panicked confusingly as any motorist would. Being a council woman doesn’t make her any less human.

Any calls for her to resign because of this incident are ill mannered political grand standing. Remember, running a red light is illegal. Fortunately for Amy, she was not the one who ran the red light. Indeed, the cyclist is the one who should be forgiven and will have his day in court. He is as human as her.

Any attempt to recall her with a few hundred signatures won’t be helpful either. The full video is proof of the most critical evidence. He ran the red light, not her.

James Francis Waddleton

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

lobster shirt posted:

if someone is tailgating me because i am going at or under the speed limit, i simply maintain my speed and keep feeling relaxed.

definitely the mature and sensible way to handle it but I'm a messy bitch who lives for drama :D

God Hole
Mar 2, 2016

lil poopendorfer posted:

Reader submitted:

RaineDestroyPhoenixNewJersey.gif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you've ever witnessed the new jersey turnpike you already know that the state is a total loss