Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

Thanks for the cheese everyone!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Manual fishing for gold fish is entirely killing this game for me. Too low of drop rate, no impact of skill on drop rate. That's my vent.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

H110Hawk posted:

Manual fishing for gold fish is entirely killing this game for me. Too low of drop rate, no impact of skill on drop rate. That's my vent.

That poll asking about fishing a couple of weeks ago disappeared. I have to believe that the majority saying it wasn’t that bad just haven’t reached the endgame grind.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

At least the exchange center trade is a decent source of gold fish once you have WC unlocked. The patch notes when they added that trade implied they'd be doing more to make gold fish easier to obtain in the future.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

If you have WC unlocked keep a bunch of blue gel around for grab bag 7 in the exchange.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

rafikki posted:

That poll asking about fishing a couple of weeks ago disappeared. I have to believe that the majority saying it wasn’t that bad just haven’t reached the endgame grind.

The people taking the poll are people that are still playing the game, and not all the people who quit because manual fishing is loving obnoxious.

The blue glop for grab bag 7 eases it a bit for people that don't have capybara, but it prob still sucks rear end even with that.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Tahirovic posted:

I think I figured out why this game is so much fun, I do plan my masteries and GMs a bit but it always ends up like this:
1) I want to GM bottle rockets, I need feathers, lets explore Small Spring for feathers!
2) Oh I run out of Coal, lets go to Banon
3) Oh I run I have max inv Carbon, lets craft steel/wire for oak stuff
4) oh I run out of Oak, lets put a couple APs into WC
5) What was I doing? Ah yeah, I need feathers, back to Small Spring

I find myself jumping from zone to zone because something hits max inventory and I need other resources to craft that into useful stuff. This whole cycle is really fun for me, trying to not void anything useful and get some progress on all those masteries and GMs.

Im the exact opposite, having to constantly remember which zone to go to for the next part of the loop and juggling like 8 different item goals at the same time is not fun, always second guessing if i am going to the most optimal zone or wondering if i shiuld be crafting something else.

Most days i just craft my stamina items and check in a few times to harvest crops and craft capped resources.

I am capped on OJ and AP now so i guess i need to start using them.

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?

Lone Goat posted:

The people taking the poll are people that are still playing the game, and not all the people who quit because manual fishing is loving obnoxious.
Funny fact: 46% of all the players have never completed the quest to plant and grow 1 pepper, and a further 5% have completed that quest but never did the follow-up to plant and grow 8 peppers.

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’d bet the number of people to stumble across and download the game to find that there is no graphics and bounce is pretty high. Probably 46-51%

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

H110Hawk posted:

100% agreed.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Ineptitude posted:

Im the exact opposite, having to constantly remember which zone to go to for the next part of the loop and juggling like 8 different item goals at the same time is not fun, always second guessing if i am going to the most optimal zone or wondering if i shiuld be crafting something else.

Most days i just craft my stamina items and check in a few times to harvest crops and craft capped resources.

I am capped on OJ and AP now so i guess i need to start using them.

Don‘t worry about efficiency too much, get what you need from whatever zone you like.

By the way most people just use their stamina items to bank it, I‘ve been sitting on 100k+ stamina for a while, the passive regen really aint that hot.

rafikki
Mar 8, 2008

I see what you did there. (It's pretty easy, since ducks have a field of vision spanning 340 degrees.)

~SMcD

Tahirovic posted:

Don‘t worry about efficiency too much, get what you need from whatever zone you like.

By the way most people just use their stamina items to bank it, I‘ve been sitting on 100k+ stamina for a while, the passive regen really aint that hot.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Rogue AI Goddess posted:

Funny fact: 46% of all the players have never completed the quest to plant and grow 1 pepper, and a further 5% have completed that quest but never did the follow-up to plant and grow 8 peppers.

I wonder what % of players are around where I am, and are basically trying to cast nets to level fishing but are otherwise ignoring the few quests that need gold fish now. I'm >10 levels behind on fishing compared to everything else.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

:stare:

That's unimaginable to me.

In other news, I unlocked the tower! Bye bye silver

Vasler
Feb 17, 2004
Greetings Earthling! Do you have any Zoom Boots?

FreshFeesh posted:

:stare:

That's unimaginable to me.

In other news, I unlocked the tower! Bye bye silver

I'm still working on growing 600 of piles of crops to get to the next step of the quest! I don't have exploring at 99 yet though, so it will be a while before I can actually do anything with the tower I think.

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

H110Hawk posted:

I wonder what % of players are around where I am, and are basically trying to cast nets to level fishing but are otherwise ignoring the few quests that need gold fish now. I'm >10 levels behind on fishing compared to everything else.

I ignored gold fish quests unless there was literally no other quest to work on.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
I will not fish for gold ones anymore. I just use the autohotkey scripts and a chrome extension to change the colour of the water. I took out the blue ball clicking on one version of the script and it just loops using mealworms.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

tuyop posted:

I will not fish for gold ones anymore. I just use the autohotkey scripts and a chrome extension to change the colour of the water. I took out the blue ball clicking on one version of the script and it just loops using mealworms.

Go on.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
The only options for getting gold carrots are planting more carrots and/or a level 6 python, correct?

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

Dodoman posted:

The only options for getting gold carrots are planting more carrots and/or a level 6 python, correct?

Throwing other gold crops in the Wishing well perhaps?

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

tuyop posted:

I’m guessing this only works on a proper computer and not on iPad right?

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Star Meerif is going to be waiting for a long time then.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Dodoman posted:

people can just dump hundreds of them in your mailbox

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

monkeytennis posted:

I’m guessing this only works on a proper computer and not on iPad right?

Only on windows, no less. I’ll repost them and credit the op when I get to that computer

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
the script i have should work on something other than a windows pc, it's just a browser script, but yeah, gotta be a real computer.

this is what was posted last time, i forget by who tho. you could pair it with a clicker too to use for bait other than mealworms but i'm not willing to put in that much effort, plus i dont know how to code it

quote:

function getRandomInt(min, max) {
min = Math.ceil(min);
max = Math.floor(max);
return Math.floor(Math.random() * (max - min) + min);
}

function getBait(){
let el = document.getElementById("baitarea");
let baitText = el.querySelector("strong").innerText;
return Number.parseInt(baitText);
}

function autoFish(minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs){
let el = document.getElementById("fishinwater");
let btn = el.querySelector("div.fishcell img[style*='inline']")
let delay = 100
if (btn != null && getBait() > 0){
btn.click();
delay = getRandomInt(minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs);
}
setTimeout(autoFish, delay, minIntervalMs, maxIntervalMs);
}

autoFish(500, 600);

e; not sure if formatting is important cause i'm not a code nerd, but it doesn't show up properly formatted in the quote and i dunno how to fix it

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jul 29, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

the script i have should work on something other than a windows pc, it's just a browser script, but yeah, gotta be a real computer.

this is what was posted last time, i forget by who tho. you could pair it with a clicker too to use for bait other than mealworms but i'm not willing to put in that much effort, plus i dont know how to code it

e; not sure if formatting is important cause i'm not a code nerd, but it doesn't show up properly formatted in the quote and i dunno how to fix it

How do I make my browser click it? Javascript (which is at a glance what that is) isn't whitespace sensitive.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

H110Hawk posted:

How do I make my browser click it? Javascript (which is at a glance what that is) isn't whitespace sensitive.

so i'm using chrome, but how i get it to work is i go to the fishing area, hit f12, paste that in there and hit enter. then it fishes

you can change the speed at which it fishes by editing the autoFish variable, it's in milliseconds.

Large Testicles fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Jul 30, 2022

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006

Large Testicles posted:

so i'm using chrome, but how i get it to work is i go to the fishing area, hit f12, paste that in there and hit enter. then it fishes

you can change the speed at which it fishes by editing the autoFish variable, it's in milliseconds.

Hah. I didn't know you could do that, that's hilarious. I've always used it to edit html or whatever never to just inject and execute javascript. It of course immediately killed my streak and didn't catch anything. I'll look at it later.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

H110Hawk posted:

Hah. I didn't know you could do that, that's hilarious. I've always used it to edit html or whatever never to just inject and execute javascript. It of course immediately killed my streak and didn't catch anything. I'll look at it later.

It only works with mealworms.

koshmar
Oct 22, 2009

i'm not here

this isn't happening

H110Hawk posted:

You have to use it with mealworms, if it killed your streak you had another bait selected.

susan b buffering posted:

It only works with mealworms.

This is literally the second time today we posted at the exact same time.

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Oh lol I don't have mealworms yet. Not high enough fishing level. :negative:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Sure would be nice if the Exchange Center would bring back the loving cutlasses :argh:

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
Is there a way to get clues for the mailbox passwords in game? Or is it just blind luck or looking them up on buddy.farm? I just guessed a few easy ones and got some gold seeds and several silver.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID

H110Hawk posted:

Is there a way to get clues for the mailbox passwords in game? Or is it just blind luck or looking them up on buddy.farm? I just guessed a few easy ones and got some gold seeds and several silver.

I feel like a lot of them were more "you had to have been there" to have had an idea of what to guess. I had no issues with just looking them all up to get a head start.

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Finally got past the herb grind of ATI I, now to... wait for 250 more honey to roll in for part II. At least I can start working on building poo poo for the following parts while I wait!

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Jayme posted:

Finally got past the herb grind of ATI I, now to... wait for 250 more honey to roll in for part II. At least I can start working on building poo poo for the following parts while I wait!

I'm at the part where I either have to wait for pets and wishing well to give me all these bugs and lizards and poo poo, or beg in giveaways, so uhhh, I'm not in a rush I guess

Unponderable
Feb 16, 2007

Good enough.

H110Hawk posted:

There are like two early quests that give hints and that's it. Just look up a list and type them in.

Xerol
Jan 13, 2007

The list is in the library too.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
I think the library also has a list of clues if you want to take a stab at guessing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koryk
Jun 5, 2007
I’m sitting on two of the summer baskets, what are they selling for?