Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I assume that Google survey rewards thing only works if you're in a city because I loaded it up once and got one question maybe every week for six months until I gave up and deleted it

The shopping surveys generally generate ~24h after you visit the place - I've gotten them for the post office and my credit union, as well as grocery stores. You have to give the app permission to "see" where you've been, so this is not for people who value their privacy. Even if you don't get location surveys, keep it open because on occasion it'll query you about why you searched for a specific thing on Google and those can be worth the better part of a dollar.

It's seedy in the sense that you're giving Google focus-group-like data for pennies, but I've never spent more than ~30 seconds on one of the things and I earn ~$40-50 between expansions. Also, I've heard women get more surveys than men, but that was back when it first started. Supposedly selecting "female 18-24" gets you the most surveys. There are actually videos on YouTube suggesting ways to goose the app for more surveys.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Jul 26, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

I assume that Google survey rewards thing only works if you're in a city because I loaded it up once and got one question maybe every week for six months until I gave up and deleted it

It also helps if you own Google devices. I own a Nest thermostat and a Google Home Max and get about three a day.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
To the Rogue in Arena who played Jackpot! and got two Drakefire Amulets, then played consecutive topdecked Swiftscale Tricksters on turns 4 and 6 - in between drawing Waxadred's candle on Turn 5 immediately after I killed it - you could have won the lottery but you chose this instead. I hope you're happy.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Hah crypto is doing so badly that Solem came back to Hearthstone.

Luff
Jul 11, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!

Luff posted:

Finally. A 40 card alignment druid didn't draw alignment :toot:

It happened again somehow?

:confuoot:

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Renathal is bad.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

ferroque posted:

Renathal is bad.
He's bloody amazing in Quest Hunter

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely

Doctor Spaceman posted:

lol he created an incel youtube channel

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I got to legend with a mix of renothal paladin and pirate/thief renathal rogue.

The highlight was stealing a quest priest reward with hooktusk.

avantgardener
Sep 16, 2003

I was quite disappointed today playing as dragon druid when I kept the 'play all the cards you opponent played last turn' dragon card (murozond?) and it didn't give me the quest reward, just the minion. Seems counter to the card text? If it said summon all the minions or whatever then fine.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

it's because the cards are not played from hand, which is the only way Battlecries will trigger unless specified

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012

Starsfan posted:

lol he created an incel youtube channel

lol you weren't kidding. Wish he had more than 2 thumbnail faces though:

I hope he finds a hearthstone content schedule he is happy with. I'm often burnt out after playing 3-4 games, so I can't even fathom playing this game as a job.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Finished the legend climb with Murloc Warock, extremely satisfying to beat up the druids/mages/paladins with

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Luff posted:

It happened again somehow?

:confuoot:

There is nothing more satisfying than an Alignment Druid that drops it against my Quest Priest, just to lose anyway because it turns out that I also play a lot of high-cost cards and can still outvalue him with good play. Except, that is, for getting hit by alignment and completing the quest anyway because lol card generation.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Doctor Spaceman posted:

He couldn't have added a "T" somewhere? He's only one letter off "molest."

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Oenis posted:

lol you weren't kidding. Wish he had more than 2 thumbnail faces though:

I hope he finds a hearthstone content schedule he is happy with. I'm often burnt out after playing 3-4 games, so I can't even fathom playing this game as a job.

Did a quick skim through his "Male advice" video and his #1 video advice guy is Andrew Tate, so ... yikes!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Why is everyone so down on the suspicious cards? They seem really good. You can pick the second best option and your opponent won't get a card. 1 mana 1/3 choose one of two mage spells to add to your hand sounds good especially if you are trying to fit kael'thas in.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Jul 29, 2022

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

No Wave posted:

Why is everyone so down on the suspicious cards? They seem really good. You can pick the second best option and your opponent won't get a card. 1 mana 1/3 choose one of two mage spells to add to your hand sounds good especially if you are trying to fit kael'thas in.

Well for one thing you can't use the card you discover that turn unless you want to tell your opponent what you got. I agree that they're not that bad but I don't think they're good enough for constructed

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
Is anyone else getting the bug where whenever someone logs on it tells you that they defeated Illidan Stormrage again? CryHavoc has apparently defeated him like 3-4 times in the past couple of days.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Desert Bus posted:

Is anyone else getting the bug where whenever someone logs on it tells you that they defeated Illidan Stormrage again? CryHavoc has apparently defeated him like 3-4 times in the past couple of days.

Yes I got that big too for Cry Havoc.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yes I got that big too for Cry Havoc.

You have also apparently repeatedly defeated Illidan. It's doing it to my whole friends list over and over lol.

EDIT: SMALL INDIE GAME COMPANY

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

You can now do a fireside gathering to open your packs.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.

Chernabog posted:

You can now do a fireside gathering to open your packs.

From the large bundle only I got

Sesselie
Ara'lon (awesome)
Kel'Thuzad (golden)
Stewart
Halkias

Stewart and Halkias might help for some sweet Wild decks, not sure how impactful they'll be in Standard. I don't think skeleton mage will be high tier, but I'll definitely flex my gold Kel'Thuzad. Aside from Xy'Mox, I don't really have any immediate first-day crafts, but may "rent" a Kael'Thas if some fun decks for it pop up.

This expansion is interesting, but there's no other legendaries that jump out at me as an immediate craft. It looks like a lot of interesting legendaries that will be fun building a deck around if I get them from packs, but nothing compelling me to craft it.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN
Here's what I'm doing until the exansion drops:

Spending 7 mana to summon a random 8 drop, 2 5/4s with rush, and doing 10 damage to my opponent's board
... and then doing it again next turn (OR THE SAME TURN!) for 3 mana.

Creating a board full of fat Bolner Hammerbeaks, and then doing very underwhelming things with them.

Casting Bloodlust for 3 mana. Except it's a minion. And the +3 damage also works with (some) spells (that target minions).

Turning my Auctionhouse Gavels and Cookie's Stirring Rods into shiny new Outrider Axes, Bone Glaives, and True Silver Champions.. every turn!

... ALL IN ONE DECK!

(fine print: deck bad tho)

### Wrathspine ICE
# Class: Shaman
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Hydra
#
# 2x (1) Azsharan Scroll
# 2x (1) Beaming Sidekick
# 2x (1) Windchill
# 2x (2) Auctionhouse Gavel
# 1x (2) Bolner Hammerbeak
# 2x (2) Sleetbreaker
# 2x (3) Brilliant Macaw
# 2x (3) Cheaty Snobold
# 1x (3) Cookie the Cook
# 2x (3) Twin-fin Fin Twin
# 2x (4) Suckerhook
# 2x (4) Wildpaw Cavern
# 2x (5) Command of Neptulon
# 1x (5) Don't Stand in the Fire!
# 1x (6) Glaciate
# 1x (7) Bearon Gla'shear
# 2x (7) Wrathspine Enchanter
# 1x (8) Bru'kan of the Elements
#
AAECAdfwBAaG+gOkgQT4jATCkQTDkQTCrAQM1vUD04AE94AEsZEElZIE3JIE25QE37UEnMcExs4EntQEmdsEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
PSA: If you want to get the best head start on the new expansion, finish all of your quests/monthly rank grind today (Saturday) and then don't log in until Tuesday, so that your months rewards can drop the new cards and you have a full quest log for the new seasonal track.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Firebert posted:

PSA: If you want to get the best head start on the new expansion, finish all of your quests/monthly rank grind today (Saturday) and then don't log in until Tuesday, so that your months rewards can drop the new cards and you have a full quest log for the new seasonal track.

Pretty certain that this months rewards will be from the next expansion - they did the same last one.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Mr Beens posted:

Pretty certain that this months rewards will be from the next expansion - they did the same last one.
Only thing that might not be (and is of value) is the Epic card if you got D5 or higher. The other cards as well but the Rares will end up as dupes anyway unless you are opening basically no amount of packs.

Even so the Epic card could be from any Standard expansion so unless you're a full set always type of person it doesn't really matter.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Did a fireside thingy, got three legendaries: both shaman and Stewart

..I really didn't want the shaman ones :negative:

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
I opened 85 packs and got:
* Golden Sesselie (will try and get this to work but unsure if the deckbuilding restriction is worth the payoff)
* Golden Halkias (dust)
* Pelagos (might be good?)
* Remornia (not really interested in warrior this expansion)
* Murloc Holmes (quaint, possibly dust)

Overall not much that I'm looking for, I think day 1 I'm most interested in Topior for greedy druid bullshit, Kel'Thuzad for skelly mage, and probably both the imp warlock and shadow warlock legendary. Plus Theotar and Kael'Thas seem pretty essential crafts too.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Oenis posted:

I opened 85 packs and got:
* Golden Sesselie (will try and get this to work but unsure if the deckbuilding restriction is worth the payoff)
* Golden Halkias (dust)
* Pelagos (might be good?)
* Remornia (not really interested in warrior this expansion)
* Murloc Holmes (quaint, possibly dust)

Overall not much that I'm looking for, I think day 1 I'm most interested in Topior for greedy druid bullshit, Kel'Thuzad for skelly mage, and probably both the imp warlock and shadow warlock legendary. Plus Theotar and Kael'Thas seem pretty essential crafts too.

Aren't you supposed to dust Murloc Holmes if you're getting the Tavern Pass or whatever?

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Yeah I'm not getting the tavern pass though. According to some spreadsheet, I'd only have gotten slightly over 2000 gold from it. It's enough to break even on the 1 dollar per pack value, but I'm not really interested in the cosmetics. The big bundle is enough money spent for me.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Tavern pass also gets a free Legendary and this time 2 free Epics as well. If you get your 2000 gold from it then it's about the same value as a pre-order plus cosmetics.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Firebert posted:

You can log in on Sunday to re-roll a quest if needed

and for clarity, don't login after that until after the expansion is live on Tuesday

but other than that I second this advice, it's what I'm doing :thumbsup:

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

I got 8 legendaries this time, 1 of those a golden Countess. Pretty good, although I didn't get any of the ones I wanted. Probably gonna have to craft a Kael and Theotar.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Golden packs don’t share legendary chances with normal packs right? Like if you open up your first 5 Nathria packs and don’t get a legendary, that doesn’t mean then opening 5 golden packs guarantees a golden legendary?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
they are on separate 'timers'

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Big bundle only:

Stewart the Steward - Gold
Necrolord Draka
Sesseli of the Fae Court
Remornia, Living Blade
Artificer Xy'mox
Aralon

Pretty happy with both Stewart and Remornia

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Got both bundles and got 9, without counting the 2 free from the small bundle that I didn't receive yet. Hit the pity counter twice and one of the legendaries was Murlock Holmes, don't you get a diamond version of him when you get the pass?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006
Yes which is why if you are planning on getting the pass its best to hold off opening packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

Mr Beens posted:

Yes which is why if you are planning on getting the pass its best to hold off opening packs
On day of release you can dust Murloc Holmes for a full refund.