Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

This one kind of blew me away, even if it's possibly random to some degree, cause the other results were poo poo. I was loving around with horror words trying to see if I could get some ~spooky~ images and one of my prompts was “a vintage, damaged photo of a ten foot tall demon crawling in a dark graveyard” which is about cheesy as it gets but whatever, and one of the results was this.

I just think it's wild that if you look at it closely, the AI clearly generated this demon image in center/middle in the shadows. You can see the face, horns, body etc. and then perfectly blended it into the light parts of the image on the right, which form some sort of horrific looking rat-man face. But then it perfectly meshed all of it together to just look like a bunch of trees at a glance.Then completely on it's own accord, Dall-e decided to add in what appears to be a kid/woman impaled on a grave marker.

It's like one of those spooky images that people over analyze but the spooky poo poo is actually all there because I told it to be ,and also Dall E threw in some bonus wtf.

Wow. I can't unsee it now! I can't really see it. I fear you have pareidolia as was previously suggested. :)

"Showroom catalog hi gloss photo of a futuristic toilet with inbuilt drinking fountain"

"A detailed patent blueprint of a clockwork recycling public toilet that converts human biological waste into nutritious brown food paste and dispenses it from a fountain"

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

All hail your ruler, Nipple Claus!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Fuckstick posted:

All hail your ruler, Nipple Claus!

That mole should get looked at, Also I think he ripped one with nipple clamps his right nipple looks infected

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"high quality photo of a pig in climbing gear climbing a steep overhanging rock"

the second one didn't have eyes and i added the word goggles for fun when i edited it

AARD VARKMAN fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Jul 30, 2022

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

veni veni veni posted:

My tracings make it look ridiculous, but on the right look for the circular area that looks like an eye I feel like this isn't even subtle as the left half of a face

The middle part might depend more on your monitor but I can see two eyes, horns, nose, mouth. Less obvious but the shape seems pretty clear and pretty much lines up with what I prompted it with

Maybe it's just how my weird brain works but I took note of that poo poo immediately

Look at the actual pic tho not my crayon drawing over it.

From last page but I saw it when you posted it originally too

I think the 1st face in your post might not be intentional but it sure looks like a face. Just not a face in a style consistent with the prompt or the rest of the image

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

AARD VARKMAN posted:

"high quality photo of a pig in climbing gear climbing a steep overhanging rock"

the second one didn't have eyes and i added the word goggles for fun when i edited it

:lmao:

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Rascar Capac fucked around with this message at 12:06 on Jul 30, 2022

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

Craiyon seems like the best at generating what you actually want to see, even though the detail isn't there.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

wa27 posted:

Craiyon seems like the best at generating what you actually want to see, even though the detail isn't there.

That's because your brain is filling in the missing detail. If something is low res your brain upscales it.

I guess what you mean is the language interpretation is best in Craiyon. Which I agree, that's because it's mostly unfiltered, the other projects are trying to content that could be legally questionable.

pixaal fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jul 30, 2022

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Those are weirdly plausible pig goggles. piggles? Many of these compositions demonstrate real solid understanding of three-dimensional shapes. Clothes and accessories for imaginary creatures and situations that end up exactly the right shape and place.

Loden Taylor
Aug 11, 2003

It seems like it's easier to get more visually striking images out of Midjourney than Dall-E, even if it's not necessarily what you wanted. I got some neat results from just plugging in vague phrases.

I can't talk now, I'm busy making things worse

My Tesla is on fire and the doors won't open

Dim Carcosa

A weapon to surpass Metal Gear

An abstract face made from vertical streaks of color gave me these on Dall-E:

but I got this out of Midjourney:

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

wa27 posted:

REASONS WHY CRAIYON IS USED BY A LOT OF PEOPLE OVER MJ/DALLE2

1) It's free with no cap

Take it or leave it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Loden Taylor posted:

but I got this out of Midjourney:

RADICAL

Vlaphor
Dec 18, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Other than the random bits of text scattered around, I really dig how "The City Of Horrors 8k resolution concept art hyperdetailed Unreal Engine" came out from Nightcafe.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Loden Taylor posted:

is Dall-E still randomly adding "black woman" or whatever to prompts in order to compensate for the AI being racist?

kind of insidious of them now they are charging per picture

Party Ape
Mar 5, 2007
Don't pay $10 bucks to change my avatar! Send me a $10 donation to Doctors with Borders and I'll stop posting for 24 hours!

Rutibex posted:

the copyright of AI images isn't exactly decided by the courts or laws yet. they clearly trained these things on copyrighted material, so gently caress em

I wonder if AI will finally be the thing that breaks copyright over its knee (since there's in no way enough non copyrighted material to do things on the scale required for this sort of science to progress.)

(A: lol no that sound you hear is Disney corp dropping another hundred million in lobbying for the "use AI responsibly"law which means you need a licence to generate AI artworks.)

God forbid copyright dies, we might actually get some novel content rather than Avengers 35.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Party Ape posted:

I wonder if AI will finally be the thing that breaks copyright over its knee (since there's in no way enough non copyrighted material to do things on the scale required for this sort of science to progress.)

(A: lol no that sound you hear is Disney corp dropping another hundred million in lobbying for the "use AI responsibly"law which means you need a licence to generate AI artworks.)

God forbid copyright dies, we might actually get some novel content rather than Avengers 35.

The law can say whatever, if it's this easy to AI out content there is nothing anyone is going to be able to do about it. Companies like Disney will inflate the power of AI too because they will use it to save money and avoid unions or whatever garbage they do, then it will quickly get away from them and they'll go 'oh no how could this happen'

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
what if computers regularly mistyped text and couldn't remember how to spell even short words

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

AARD VARKMAN posted:

My wife loved these, we made a pig in a poncho expiring the Egyptian pyramids as a result:

Also made dog blimp captain flying through a Storm with lightning in the background, which I realized the ai interpreted as dog blimp instead :v:

"Oh no he looks scared"

Chilean woman sitting on a mountain in the Andes with a llama and pigs in the background

FIX SIGNS
Aug 29, 2006

You're fucking great,
just do what you can.

Purple man, stop coming in my room.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

dot communist
Mar 28, 2005

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a friend kept demanding I put in "tim the tool man taylor", and these two were my favorite

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Not sure why it went manga with this one.

Lmao the sock

Frodo’s got some work to do…

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jul 30, 2022

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Cartoon Man posted:

Not sure why it went manga with this one.

The Sandman is a comic book written by Neil Gaiman

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Lmao, wtf was the AI thinking there^^^^

Got that one right.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cartoon Man posted:

Lmao, wtf was the AI thinking there^^^^

Lol it probably pulled some keywords and landed on a bunch of dramatic "don't gently caress with me haters" style posts from social media.

Wopzilla
Mar 6, 2005
indecisive bastard

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
"a beaver dressed as a grandfather eating a cheeseburger by the beach, by Norman Rockwell"

one really decent result

one.. ok result

one not okay result

and....

this

Popoto
Oct 21, 2012

miaow
My favorite so far was the husband trying to generate a classical painting of a lady with long hair, dressed in roman garbs and taking care of a poodle, baffled as to why the woman’s hair was curly, like a perm and not at all long…

Until we realized the presence of the poodle was the problem (images got lost to history otherwise I would have posted them).

The -best- results by far with dall-e is when we tried filling in from an already existing image, even if just a tiny detail being present to start with.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Art style doesn't really fit but really cool

"magnificent gigantic statue of a blank cube by beksinski"

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

AARD VARKMAN posted:

oh poo poo, finally my headspace.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh poo poo, finally my headspace.

Getting access to this thing is very surreal. When I ask it to make paintings by artists I like, by subjects I find interesting, it tends to make.. insanely cool images that I can't stop thinking about. I keep trying to find meaning in things I know concretely were created without meaning.

It's really hosed up. A year ago if I had seen a picture like this:

I would say: drat that's sick as hell, amazing

this week that was just one of 4 images from one of 50 ideas I had that day.

I'm a very visual person so probably more prone to this than most but the whole thing is like, wow, I'm witnessing a total and complete change in what art is

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I tried to do My Chemical Romance’s Black Parade and ended up with something borderline cursed so here’s your :nms: warning just in case.

https://imgur.com/a/v6vV0QO

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

AARD VARKMAN posted:

Yeah, Dalle-2 doesn't really seem to 'get' Beksinski the way it gets some other artists. Some of the other AIs do way, way better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Fintilgin posted:

Yeah, Dalle-2 doesn't really seem to 'get' Beksinski the way it gets some other artists. Some of the other AIs do way, way better.

I've had a lot of luck with Beksinski in general otherwise, though yeah it misses the ...corpseyness... most of the time. Still makes great art

I've done him more than any other artist though. Interested in hearing other interesting artists to try, beyond the most famous and beksinski/Rockwell