Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

my grandfather vividly remembers when he was a kid that his parents shut him in his bedroom for an entire summer when there was a big polio outbreak in our part of the state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

LETS GO COVID

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

No symptoms reported yet. Doesn't matter, back in the box Biden.

While this doesn't seem likely to approach the concentrated insanity of Trump's presidential plague episode it appears there will be at least a little content.

TheLemonOfIchabod
Aug 26, 2008
what happens when people realize this affects children the worst lol

(jk i know the answer is nothing!!!)

OrangéJéllo
Aug 31, 2001

goth smoking cloves posted:

Ahahaha

I knew it would happen!

literally everyone did, gently caress fauci publicly did the ole double dose of paxlovid and this stupid motherfuckers doctors dont even propylactically double our rapist in chiefs length of treatment. They're either outright trying to murder the idiot or are loving guild navigator level fart sniffing. im crack loving pinging that the literal pinnacle of power the lich resting upon the golden throne followed the same guidance that was clearly put out to control supply issues.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

TheLemonOfIchabod posted:

a large portion of the US goes back to school within the next two weeks

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Sorry for an E/Nish type post. I've been in a state of quiet terror about Monkeypox all morning, and my wife just hit me with that she can't take these levels of precaution much longer at all and if she has to leave and find an apartment of her own (during two pandemics, with only one job and one 17+ year old car between the two of us) she's seriously prepared to and it's no longer a thought exercise prompted by our old couples therapist. She said she loves me so much, I'm her soulmate, she'd waited her whole life to find me, but she can't live like this anymore and wants to start taking on more risk to get a semblance of her life back. I know she'd wear an N95 and maybe even the respirator and would never eat inside a restaurant, but she won't define what those risks are and says she doesn't even know. And now with Monkeypox it's feeling like a borderline suicidal act. And she has eczema.

I don't know what to do. She's severely depressed and not listening to reason. Long COVID in any form and/or 3 weeks of excruciating pain followed by possible blindness aren't going to make things any better than they are now. I've been trying to make things happier in here, and I've been going on walks with her and offered to start going for drives to new places (which is very close to what her life was before the pandemic - we lived a very simple, quiet life), but it's not enough. Her friends have basically forgotten about her / abandoned her because she chose to stay safe and is therefore a reminder that eating out is not safe, and the few that she talks to regularly have been pushing her HARD to take on more risk despite repeatedly getting COVID themselves. Over time I've become the symbol of "can't do that" because I have the time and energy to follow this stuff really closely, to the point where she's forgotten that it was her call to isolate in the first place in March 2020.

A week ago she was yelling at her friends and family that she doesn't want COVID or Monkeypox and that while they're free to do whatever they want, she's not willing to get infected.

Everything is falling apart. Sorry. Just venting to the only people who might understand and not just tell me to live my life.

Dysthymia
May 13, 2022

Jon Irenicus posted:

a large portion of the US goes back to school within the next two weeks

college (football) too!

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

I know at least a couple of people who are going to act like I'm some kind of magic psychic for calling this incredibly predictable outcome.

Pretty soon it's going to be witchcraft to predict that the sun will come up each morning.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Well you see children don't have gay sex ... or buy secondhand scooters ... or go to Spanish piercing/tattoos parlours ... so they can't catch it!!

Danru
May 23, 2022

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

From what I can tell this is exactly 10 days since they announced he was positive and had already started Paxlovid, so I'm guessing they gave him the full 10 days course and he immediately rebounded when he stopped

Guessing this means his immune system didn't do a great job clearing the virus? Would they even attempt another course/if they do I wonder how they're going to square that with CDC guidance lol

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Yes...yes!!

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
:lmao:

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

lol

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well you see children don't have gay sex ... or buy secondhand scooters ... or go to Spanish piercing/tattoos parlours ... so they can't catch it!!

children are a demographic most known for not rolling around together in close contact, especially during summertime, so it's okay

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Well at least that news came out while I was writing lol

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

lol

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
The cdc guidance is clearly wrong and it's pretty embarrassing that pax rebound is a thing when that should have been an immediate red flag to increase the treatment time and/or dosage

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Sorry for an E/Nish type post. I've been in a state of quiet terror about Monkeypox all morning, and my wife just hit me with that she can't take these levels of precaution much longer at all and if she has to leave and find an apartment of her own (during two pandemics, with only one job and one 17+ year old car between the two of us) she's seriously prepared to and it's no longer a thought exercise prompted by our old couples therapist. She said she loves me so much, I'm her soulmate, she'd waited her whole life to find me, but she can't live like this anymore and wants to start taking on more risk to get a semblance of her life back. I know she'd wear an N95 and maybe even the respirator and would never eat inside a restaurant, but she won't define what those risks are and says she doesn't even know. And now with Monkeypox it's feeling like a borderline suicidal act. And she has eczema.

I don't know what to do. She's severely depressed and not listening to reason. Long COVID in any form and/or 3 weeks of excruciating pain followed by possible blindness aren't going to make things any better than they are now. I've been trying to make things happier in here, and I've been going on walks with her and offered to start going for drives to new places (which is very close to what her life was before the pandemic - we lived a very simple, quiet life), but it's not enough. Her friends have basically forgotten about her / abandoned her because she chose to stay safe and is therefore a reminder that eating out is not safe, and the few that she talks to regularly have been pushing her HARD to take on more risk despite repeatedly getting COVID themselves. Over time I've become the symbol of "can't do that" because I have the time and energy to follow this stuff really closely, to the point where she's forgotten that it was her call to isolate in the first place in March 2020.

A week ago she was yelling at her friends and family that she doesn't want COVID or Monkeypox and that while they're free to do whatever they want, she's not willing to get infected.

Everything is falling apart. Sorry. Just venting to the only people who might understand and not just tell me to live my life.

I'm sorry, WAIST. It sounds like she still doesn't want to get infected, but trying to be perfect during a forever plague is getting to her. I can relate to her - I'm very extroverted, but I've spent the whole pandemic determined to never get covid. I hope she can reach out to friends and make plans - picnics, parks, zoo trips, whatever it takes to get people to agree to meet up outside.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

OrangéJéllo posted:

literally everyone did, gently caress fauci publicly did the ole double dose of paxlovid and this stupid motherfuckers doctors dont even propylactically double our rapist in chiefs length of treatment. They're either outright trying to murder the idiot or are loving guild navigator level fart sniffing. im crack loving pinging that the literal pinnacle of power the lich resting upon the golden throne followed the same guidance that was clearly put out to control supply issues.

i could believe that biden acted like an old stubborn rear end in a top hat and refused to take the precautions his people were telling him to do. he already was refusing to mask around others as he was supposed to.

Shear Modulus has issued a correction as of 20:04 on Jul 30, 2022

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
good thing Biden was wearing a mask

(presses finger to ear)

hold on

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

A Bakers Cousin posted:

Really hoping my military small pox vaccine holds up

:hmmyes:

Computer Serf
May 14, 2005
Buglord

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Weird conclusion to draw given that the data viz improved drastically throughout his posts

yeah the past few weeks have been better than most map data vis charts

Anyway thank you for your goon service and goonspeed to you pillowpants. congrats on the new gig

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Danru posted:

Guessing this means his immune system didn't do a great job clearing the virus? Would they even attempt another course/if they do I wonder how they're going to square that with CDC guidance lol

Kinda curious about if they need to return his heart meds or if his liver can deal with another pax regime.

Gonna make great content if he just fails to clear covid, deteriorating week after week, spewing virus around while his doctors play musical chairs with his medications.

:coronatoot:

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure
first female president comin up

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Blitter posted:

Kinda curious about if they need to return his heart meds or if his liver can deal with another pax regime.

Gonna make great content if he just fails to clear covid, deteriorating week after week, spewing virus around while his doctors play musical chairs with his medications.

:coronatoot:

they have the tools

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

NeonPunk posted:

AAAA this is from Spain. Down in the thread, the guy confronted that guy and said why he was out, the doctor told him he only had to wear a mask, nothing about isolating himself

https://mobile.twitter.com/arturohenriques/status/1553322937402507264

This is that part in every zombie movie where there's a guy who looks kinda sick before he keels over and then zombifies

Lol and lmao, good sir.

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/27/as-more-people-report-covid-rebounds-after-paxlovid-experts-insist-cases-are-rare.html

Guys dont panic, this never happens, listen to Fauci!

quote:

“When you look at the studies, it generally does not occur very often,” Fauci, who directs the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases and is President Joe Biden’s chief medical adviser, said Tuesday on MSNBC’s “Morning Joe.” But he noted that there have been “anecdotal cases” that suggest rebounds are more common now than they were in clinical trials.

Biden is obviously an anecdotal case.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I’m not a statistician but two out of two weak and ineffectual leaders in our COVID response got pax rebound

Hien
Jul 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This is what he gets for mocking our favorite president with regards to his covid recovery. (never rebounded, good, natural immunity forever)

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

chud pogroms against "groomers"

:smith:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Strep Vote posted:

Yes...yes!!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
anyone wanna see permanent penis damage from monkeypox?

well too bad

code:
https://twitter.com/alexmeshkin/status/1553131403314749440?s=21&t=V2-tOb7Kpvv_6W_ceAm68Q

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 20:18 on Jul 30, 2022

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
everything is just so much more loving stupid than I could ever even imagine

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

i hope he gets long covid and has to resign. nothing would be funnier.

Hien
Jul 27, 2022

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeriel posted:

i hope he gets long covid and has to resign. nothing would be funnier.

how could you tell?

speng31b
May 8, 2010

Louisgod posted:

everything is just so much more loving stupid than I could ever even imagine

the world looks back at you and is like, you're the crazy one!!!

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Steve Yun posted:

anyone wanna see permanent penis damage from monkeypox?

well too bad

Alex "Ogrish" Meshkin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

In Training posted:

Oh for sure man.

I mean it's either that or just allow a rampant spread unchecked until society breaks down, and what kind of country would d dddd th