Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/HuXijin_GT/status/1553423355046670336?s=20&t=kkufvdGOiGxJORzTJHZpOg

I haven't been digging hard to find DPP statements or opinions on the visit but it does seem funny that they're the one party in this love triangle that hasn't said much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/200_zoka/status/1553122877393829889

https://twitter.com/cpimentel986/status/1553366391750811648

time for a two front proxy war only this time america is service economy

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

John Charity Spring posted:

would love to see the vox explainer on how 'America should really look like this' and it's the borders shrinking to just a few small coastal settlements or something

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

AnimeIsTrash posted:

You can do it with most countries. I hope to see future videos about the real size of various balkans countries.

Oh I know that one, they all have real borders that encompass the entire Balkans

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
It's fun to think about how if that plane has a mechanical failure we could all die.

And by fun I mean not so much.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

John Charity Spring posted:

would love to see the vox explainer on how 'America should really look like this' and it's the borders shrinking to just a few small coastal settlements or something

Many of the idiots who makes these videos for liberals would probably agree that the US should decolonize to just be the east coast again if you pressed them. They aren't taking any actions to achieve that goal or even advocating for it, but they'd express support for it.

The anti-communist left is mostly useful for making propaganda purposes.

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

Many of the idiots who makes these videos for liberals would probably agree that the US should decolonize to just be the east coast again if you pressed them. They aren't taking any actions to achieve that goal or even advocating for it, but they'd express support for it.

The anti-communist left is mostly useful for making propaganda purposes.

It's literally the dumbest video I've ever seen, like in my whole life. I am just astounded at how stupid it is.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Orange Devil posted:

It's fun to think about how if that plane has a mechanical failure we could all die.

And by fun I mean not so much.
well, people die all the time! you could wake up dead tomorrow. well, goodnight!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

https://twitter.com/Alexjandro990/status/1553217817239232512

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

AnimeIsTrash posted:

NO ONION NO GARLIC Paneer Masala recipe

what the gently caress

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_vegetarianism

Jains don't eat onions and garlic so you gotta make things for them too.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Frosted Flake posted:

I don’t know quite how to string it all together but Western Liberal Democracies using multiple cultures existing within a society as reason to divide and rule seems incompatible with their stated beliefs about their own society.

The western model for "multiculturalism" has always been, in reality, a plan for ghettoizing non-whites or non-white conforming people into their own isolated cantons. That way you can exploit them directly without having to go through the ordeal of a cultural dialectic that can form a new culture distinct from the white supremacist one that came before. And if you can't avoid the problem of this contradiction, then you do what France does and outright ban all cultural practices which aren't tolerable for white liberals.

Right wing paranoia about a "great replacement" is in a sense taking liberal rhetoric at face value. If only that were the case. If only they did want to become something other than a demon cracker.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

western forum posters: “for every clove of garlic they don’t eat, i add 20 more to the recipe because i love flavors so much unlike most white people”

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

China big because they had a lot of fertile land to support a big population.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Can't wait for Jainism to become the veganism for vegans.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

little trouble in big china

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

mawarannahr posted:

western forum posters: “for every clove of garlic they don’t eat, i add 20 more to the recipe because i love flavors so much unlike most white people”

Garlic (Allium sativum) is a species of bulbous flowering plant in the genus Allium. Its close relatives include the onion, shallot, leek, chive,[2] Welsh onion and Chinese onion.[3] It is native to South Asia, Central Asia and northeastern Iran and has long been used as a seasoning worldwide, with a history of several thousand years of human consumption and use.[4][5] It was known to ancient Egyptians and has been used as both a food flavoring and a traditional medicine.[6][7] China produces 76% of the world's supply of garlic.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Frosted Flake posted:

I’m out of the loop for this one. The US remains committed to the One China Policy, and Taiwan is unlikely to declare independence during Pelosi’s visit, so other than visiting a breakaway province, which is of course a provocation in a way, what is so dangerous about this trip?

I thought US officials had visited Taiwan back in the KMT days?

I am sure there is a chart somewhere. But going by my memory the US government don't send current state dept officials to Taiwan, because PRC has standing policy of doesn't grand visa to US officials who have gone| to Taiwan.

So you generally send somebody minor below Anthony Blinken, and you won't plan to send him to Beijing anymore; or more commonly practice is sending former officials.

Also ex official going to Taiwan is fine, Beijing has no problem with it. Pompeo has gone, Abe was planning to go before he got wrecked. Even Trump could have gone to collect some speech fee if he didn't have such bad blood with the current admin.

Secret military and CIA visits can be done hush hush as long as you don't wear uniform when in Taiwan. beijing has plenty of intelligence in Taiwan and they know about every US plane visit.

But Beijing draw the line at high profile US officials.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Jul 30, 2022

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Can't wait for Jainism to become the veganism for vegans.

what

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

"Did you know that root vegetable cultivation kills millions of insects every year? And you're ok with that?"

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

oh god that tenet is dire. god bless them and keep them may his light shine upon them

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

indigi posted:

oh god that tenet is dire. god bless them and keep them may his light shine upon them

it’s not that bad, people just love to exaggerate, I did it for two years.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

I looked at the history and it said that the chinese built Urumqi and invited the Uighurs to live there and got the Hui all pissy.

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

not sure if all that garlic will be enough for Nancy Pelosi

even with a gold cross and a king james bible I'm not convinced it will be enough

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

"Did you know that root vegetable cultivation kills millions of insects every year? And you're ok with that?"

what

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 19 hours!

Raine posted:

not sure if all that garlic will be enough for Nancy Pelosi

even with a gold cross and a king james bible I'm not convinced it will be enough

she’s Italian which confers immunity

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

mawarannahr posted:

it’s not that bad, people just love to exaggerate, I did it for two years.

I carry a bottle of minced garlic in my purse

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

why isn't Guilin part of "actual china"

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

oh cause Guangxi is an autonomous region ok

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Lol from a cinnamon derail to a garlic derail

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

has Leader Xi shot down Nancy yet?

Raine
Apr 30, 2013

ACCELERATIONIST SUPERDOOMER

Gresh posted:

has Leader Xi shot down Nancy yet?

it takes time to switch out the lead bullets to silver ones

IAMKOREA
Apr 21, 2007

indigi posted:

I thi k that's what asafoetida is for

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I appreciate that Jains respect insects and microorganisms but I guess I'm still a reactionary bc there's no way in loving hell you're taking my garlic and onions away froms me

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

AnimeIsTrash posted:

https://youtu.be/dC_LI0UWhm4

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Frosted Flake posted:

I don’t know quite how to string it all together but Western Liberal Democracies using multiple cultures existing within a society as reason to divide and rule seems incompatible with their stated beliefs about their own society.

All bodies need their own spaces but also this is not apartheid somehow.

Melting pot!

AnimeIsTrash posted:

lol

gradenko_2000 posted:

Lol from a cinnamon derail to a garlic derail

It's a spicy thread.

Just pretend onion is spice for this joke gently caress you.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 20:17 on Jul 30, 2022

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Fleetwood posted:

I appreciate that Jains respect insects and microorganisms but I guess I'm still a reactionary bc there's no way in loving hell you're taking my garlic and onions away froms me

not to mention that it claims harvesting honey from bees is "violence"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
sweet chinese sausage + BBQ pork = acquired
light soy sauce and oyster sauce = secured
fried rice recipe = memorized
nancy pelosi's plane status = airborne
her destination = WWIII

my destination = flavortown