Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hello internet
Sep 13, 2004

Yerok posted:

I'm actually having a decent time playing tarkov for the first time in years. I'm sure it'll change soon enough but SKS one tapping people with fancy guns is nice.

What are framerates like for people on this patch? I'm running a 3080/5900x and I'm around 160 fps before everything spawns in and about 100 halfway into the raid at 1440p.

I’m still using an old 7700k and a manually overcloxked standard 2080 with 32 gigs of ram and I get between 80-100 with everything on high except ambient occlusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
I have a 12700K and 3080 12GB, and if I turn on Reflex the game will use more power than Cyberpunk 2077 even though my monitors are only 1200p60Hz.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
Feel like scavs are cracked this wipe

Kashwashwa
Jul 11, 2006
You'll do fine no matter what. That's my motto.

jerman999 posted:

I don't know what's going on for me but I literally can't spawn as a scav, I let it go for 10 minutes a bunch of times, one time I let it go for 20 and still wouldn't connect.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've barely played this game but I've had no issues with scav runs. Only took a few minutes to get into the game on interchange. It was better than my last scav run before the wipe where I got domed 30 seconds into the raid.

Duderclese
Aug 30, 2003
I'm the gay younger brother of UnkleBoB and Buddha Stalin
My first ~3 attempts at a scav raid I let go for over ten minutes. Since the patch yesterday I've had zero issue. Multiple raids in a row piping in ~3 minutes.

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

jerman999 posted:

Definitely feels like scavs are cranked up this wipe and it rules.

I still wish they'd go back over certain maps an re-institute scav spawns that appear to be dead. Especially on Woods and Shoreline where massive chunks of the map are just dead.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Fart Car '97 posted:

Definitely feels like scavs are cranked up this wipe and it rules.

I still wish they'd go back over certain maps an re-institute scav spawns that appear to be dead. Especially on Woods and Shoreline where massive chunks of the map are just dead.

i have been absolutely blasted by scavs this wipe. i feel like there has to be something to this.

also i thought the scav bunker area was relatively chill and low traffic but i learned the hard way where the new rogue bosses spawn. should shake things up a bit but I still agree. too many safe/low traffic areas in woods

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Apparently this name was available.

jerman999
Apr 26, 2006

This is a lex imperfecta
I hit an incredible ump headshot….on my duo

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
Just got the game and joined the discord. Currently in the phase of spending more time reading about the game then actually playing it.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Welcome to flavor country, suka.

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

I like how they model the grenade fragments in this game. Fun to hear them ping off metal surfaces.

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Wtf is with these scavs now moving and flanking and poo poo

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

AlternateAccount posted:

Wtf is with these scavs now moving and flanking and poo poo

FEAR released their source code.

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames
i swear to gently caress i had three scavs flank me through three different doorways at once :wtc:

AlternateAccount
Apr 25, 2005
FYGM
Hahah. FEAR was the best game at giving you that WTF THEY CAN DO THAT??? reaction.

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

new scav boss is tougher than 9x19. (instantly mows me down next frame)

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
a buddy of mine and i queued PMC on customs and we were instantly swarmed by scavs for like 10 minutes. Ended up with 17 kills in that span without even leaving the warehouse we were in. found one bear guy, but nothing else. what in the hell

Fart Car '97
Jul 23, 2003

The games a lot more wild with wacky scavs, I love it

giZm
Jul 7, 2003

Only the insane equates pain with success

Dollas posted:

a buddy of mine and i queued PMC on customs and we were instantly swarmed by scavs for like 10 minutes. Ended up with 17 kills in that span without even leaving the warehouse we were in. found one bear guy, but nothing else. what in the hell
Did one of you spawn in without gun and at least one magazine? That tags&curses you, which leads to extra scavs and all swarming you.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
The western part of the map with checkpoint and the zb extract just chain spawns scavs nonstop. It owns.

redpleb
Feb 1, 2013
is the bot in the discord borked? I tried authorizing but nothing happened and it looks like I have access. Also what's the coop etiquette for the discord? I'm tired of getting my poo poo pushed in solo by people pinging me once in the back of the neck from somewhere I couldn't see or hear.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

redpleb posted:

is the bot in the discord borked? I tried authorizing but nothing happened and it looks like I have access. Also what's the coop etiquette for the discord? I'm tired of getting my poo poo pushed in solo by people pinging me once in the back of the neck from somewhere I couldn't see or hear.

If you see a channel with goons in it, hop in and join then. If you don’t but you want people to play with it, hop in a voice channel and wait for people.

Tyler Whitney
Jan 21, 2020

Why don't you make it sing?

I swear, the audio in the game has gotten even worse somehow in the years since the last time I played. Just zero noise from PMCs on half the map not to mention the hilarious binaural bug that still exists.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Tyler Whitney posted:

not to mention the hilarious binaural bug that still exists.

Genuine question: what does this mean/what is this bug?

Nutsak
Jul 21, 2005
All balls.

Zipperelli. posted:

Genuine question: what does this mean/what is this bug?

It means Tyler is blaming steam audio for dying instead of his audio setup and should watch Veritas' explanation on how the audio works in Tarkov. Granted, it's not without fault but a lot of the time people have poo poo wrong (are using "7.1 surround headphones", have "spatial audio" turned on in Windows ) .

I went from using my Creative G6's internal audio stuff to just pressing the "direct audio" button when I play Tarkov and the difference is night and day.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
LVNDMARK plays with a pair of earbuds, so that should tell you everything you need to know about the audio stack.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

It's kinda mean to suggest watching a Veritas vid imho

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God

Shumagorath posted:

LVNDMARK plays with a pair of earbuds, so that should tell you everything you need to know about the audio stack.

They're not quite ear buds - from what I understand they're like several thousand dollar, super high end, uses-molding-to-fit-your-ears headphones. Not really the same thing as using Skullcandys or some poo poo lol

primelaw
Apr 4, 2012

The most southern dandy robot judge
Yeah apparently it's these things

https://www.64audio.com/products/trio

Only a mere $2,299 :barf:

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
That's probably better than some in-ear concert monitors lol

It is a pair of in-ear concert monitors lol

Shumagorath fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Jul 27, 2022

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Nutsak posted:

Granted, it's not without fault

If the terrible audio doesn't get you the terrible desync will.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Nutsak posted:

It means Tyler is blaming steam audio for dying instead of his audio setup and should watch Veritas' explanation on how the audio works in Tarkov. Granted, it's not without fault but a lot of the time people have poo poo wrong (are using "7.1 surround headphones", have "spatial audio" turned on in Windows ) .

I went from using my Creative G6's internal audio stuff to just pressing the "direct audio" button when I play Tarkov and the difference is night and day.

I don’t play Tarkov anymore, but this. I’ve played tons of shooters with goons and someone is always complaining how bad the sound is while others have no issues. It’s all the weird modes and junk software messing things up.

On, and verticality of sound is not a thing.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Sound is definitely projected on cylinders instead of spheres, and while that approximation gets abused in almost every 3D game it's not appropriate for Tarkov's sound.

Since switching PCs my sound is much better thanks to never having installed the SteelSeries driver / social media hairball, and you can still use Dolby / DTS:X in the games that support it like Division 2 if you get the Windows Store apps.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
After playing Maruaders for the entire past week (I loved it and can't wait for it to come back) I'm feeling a bit of a looter shooter vibe and am about to start playing Tarkov again, again. Whats the best map for scavs right now? Lighthouse or still Interchange? Mostly looking to build up a loot pile to play off of, since at this point, people are already running full meta gear.

Edit: Also, if you think Tarkov sound is bad, play Marauders. Everything else about the game is great, and directionally the sound is perfect, but vertically it's terrible. In that game it could sound like someone is right outside your wall but turns out they are in that direction, but possibly 2 floors above or below you.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...

Dollas posted:

I played a customs map a few days ago at level 4 and ran out of bullets at dorms and the gas tanks in the middle by the pocket watch semi truck. I spawned radio tower and ran to 2 story dorms and all I hear are scavs everywhere. I killed around 7 scavs at dorms then killed 7 more at the gas tanks and they just kept spawning. Had to run to the exit after looting a shotgun and some shells. Never seen anything like that before..

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

Ok, see the thing about the videogame Escape from Tarkov, a game produced by BattleState Games is that it requires you To Be Good at the game in order to get anything done. And in this essay I'll tell you about how the best way to Get Good at this little videogame we call Escape from Tarkov is to learn how to earn income passively. By far the best way to earn income, both actively and passively, is to first start off running the best map in the game: Woods. Specifically, Woods at night time. Both due to the increased concealment it provides (being dark) and also being completely loving cool and awesome and really dope because you can roleplay as your favorite low speed-high-drag operator. Because it's dark and also in the woods. There are a large number of stashes on woods and it would behoove you to learn ALL of them, mostly because Woods is the best map and also all other maps are DOGSHIT so if you're struggling in this game it is probably because you haven't touched enough stashes in Woods. Stashes, they are a container in this game and they can contain a great number of things, many of them valuable (think like pirate BOOTY and doubloons and things) which can help get you good at Escape from Tarkov, mostly because looting doubloons allows you to have greater purchasing power because these things are valuable and as a result allow you to access better weapons and equipment to give your Private Military Contractor (PMC) a greater capacity at killing. At this point you should have probably stopped reading because this is, in fact, a joke. Well not completely a joke because playing the map Woods, at night, is not only great but also gives you extremely acute sexual prowess and will impress not only your romantic partners, but also other Alpha Males you may encounter in day to day life. Get good and go to Woods. At night. Because all other maps are DOGSHIT.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it's true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Interchange is the best map but I also have absolutely no fun until it's over.

Reserve would be #1 if not for the lovely exits sans Red Rebel.