Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

The Postman posted:

bring back Booster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEVe1LNWZh4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

If you haven't seen it, there was a rad Japanese indie show this morning.

https://youtu.be/PPLr9OK5GG4

Safe to say the majority will appear on switch.

Special shout to dome king cabbage, future goty whenever it drops. Though it might not come to switch, have to wait for switch pro.

https://youtube.com/clip/Ugkxg38z8rAoR3NcxZkePy_xl7Zz-C07F3eH

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

Nep-Nep posted:

Really loving Xenoblade 3 so far. There were lots of things in XB2's out of combat gameplay I did not like and it feels like they smoothed over all of that with QoL. I like that if I get lost while on a quest there's a button command to make a quest line appear, but it's not on all the time so as to not discourage exploring. Another thing I like is when equipping accessories there are marks next to accessories that are a good match for the character's role type, making it easier to think about what to pick.

Playing it in handheld mode, it also feels like Monolith Soft has gotten more comfortable with the switch since it looks great in handheld mode which I feel wasn't true for xb2.

Are they still doing the regional British accents for the localisation?

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

yes

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

Bug Squash posted:

Are they still doing the regional British accents for the localisation?

:blastu:

worms butthole guy
Jan 29, 2021

by Fluffdaddy
Which of the existing xeno games is xb3 closest in tone to? I hated the overly animeneas of 2

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
It’s still anime

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Heropon Very Cool

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

worms butthole guy posted:

Which of the existing xeno games is xb3 closest in tone to? I hated the overly animeneas of 2

I'm not that far into it, but so far there has been a distinct lack of big ol' anime titties and jokes about big ol' anime titties.

The Maroon Hawk
May 10, 2008

:trumppop:

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Only played a few hours of 3 but so far it definitely feels more like 1 in tone than 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'd be busy playing that if I could get over my decision paralysis whether to get it on Switch (for portability) or on PC (for reducing the risk I get annoyed at slowdowns).

If it helps the pc port is apparently completely broken

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Darth Nat posted:

I'm not that far into it, but so far there has been a distinct lack of big ol' anime titties and jokes about big ol' anime titties.

You haven't met whatherface Silverhair yet then lol

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Sakurazuka posted:

If it helps the pc port is apparently completely broken

From what I've read it's a problem with codecs (that I shouldn't have because my new PC has none installed lol).

That said if I take too long to decide I'll get the Switch version since I'm leaving for vacation with no Wi-Fi.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Sakurazuka posted:

You haven't met whatherface Silverhair yet then lol

Oh yeah I forgot about her and her life-force symbol or whatever being right on her boob. But even she seems restrained compared to every woman that isn't Morag in 2.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Darth Nat posted:

Oh yeah I forgot about her and her life-force symbol or whatever being right on her boob.

Oh so it's a Trespasser game

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

From what I've read it's a problem with codecs (that I shouldn't have because my new PC has none installed lol).

That said if I take too long to decide I'll get the Switch version since I'm leaving for vacation with no Wi-Fi.

If it helps I've done a few battles with 10 dudes on screen and there isn't too much slowdown. It seems fine.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Is anyone playing the new Digimon Game? It’s definitely focused on the virtual novel aspect. I’m enjoying it quite a bit.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I'm kinda switching (hah) between that an XB3, it's pretty decent so far, the SRPG bits are nothing special but demon uh I mean digimon negotiation and the evolutions give it a bit of depth.

The VN segments are probably the most high effort VN stuff I've seen, took me a while to realise the backgrounds were 3D made to look like 2D drawings so they could zoom the camera around all over the place.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

An Actual Princess posted:

i'm playing xbc3 and using auto-battle to deal with random encounters and i post while that's happening

xbc3 is so good so far

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah I'm kinda switching (hah) between that an XB3, it's pretty decent so far, the SRPG bits are nothing special but demon uh I mean digimon negotiation and the evolutions give it a bit of depth.

The VN segments are probably the most high effort VN stuff I've seen, took me a while to realise the backgrounds were 3D made to look like 2D drawings so they could zoom the camera around all over the place.

Hell yeah, Goon. I'm doing the same. I'm not very familiar with VNs. Ditto! The production value on those segments stood out to me. The camera work is very slick.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Morpheus posted:

Oh so it's a Trespasser game

Imagine Trespasser on Switch and with the Joycons you could finally use both arms.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Can folks recommend a case for the Switch that accomodates the Hori Split Pad Pro? Original model not OLED if that makes any difference.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013

Magnetic North posted:

I was thinking about getting a Switch to finally play Super Mario Odyssey. (I actually never played either Galaxy either.) However, looking at the other games on the system, it doesn't seem like there are terribly many worthwhile exclusives that aren't also on PC. I don't know if I want to pay X bitcoins for a machine that only plays the first party titles Odyssey, Mario Kart 8 and BotW. Smash Bros / Splatoon / Animal Crossing / Rabbids don't interest me. I don't want Pokemon because I don't want to have to buy a DLC just to get :psyduck:. I also don't really want to pay for an online shitscription to get the N64 library. The portability factor doesn't matter either because I am currently in the process of bricking myself into my apartment.

What else is out there for someone who has a gaming PC? I can already play things like Celeste and Hades, and looking up "Switch Exclusives" hasn't shown much more.

BotW is a mediocre game and pokemon sword is abysmal, but switch has a lot of other exclusives like the picross games, triangle strategy, link's awakening, xenoblade, SMTV, metroid dread, ringfit adventure, and Bayo 3 this year.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

botw is win

swsh is ok but imo not as good as sumo

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

A reminder to not listen to Quantum's gaming opinions. He was in here telling everyone to buy KOTOR2 on Switch even though it's unbeatable lol

I mean Aspyr is about to have a whole lot more time to fix it so you might as well get in on the ground floor

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

https://twitter.com/NintendoUK/status/1553349690116161537?t=b6PcIDaKVpX-jy7YYlfPcA&s=19

:getin:

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

DC Murderverse posted:

I mean Aspyr is about to have a whole lot more time to fix it so you might as well get in on the ground floor

Has that been confirmed by anyone other than Schreier?

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

My sister just got a switch and was wondering what other games to get other than animal crossing.
Any suggestions?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Mario Kart 8

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
What games does she tend to like besides AC?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Lawman 0 posted:

My sister just got a switch and was wondering what other games to get other than animal crossing.
Any suggestions?

Kirby, Breath of the Wild, and Mario Odyssey are usually easy recs regardless of someone's taste. Depending on what else she likes, I could recommend more.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

This, definitely this. Especially with the expansion pass, so you end up with 96 courses, eventually.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Ok that works.

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I got what amounts to my dream job so I bought myself Pokémon Legends and Kirby. love seeing the fellas (cyndaquil). very delightful.

Hey hell yes congrats on the dream job and gift to yourself.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

An Actual Princess posted:

i'm playing xbc3 and using auto-battle to deal with random encounters and i post while that's happening

Wait, base game includes Auto Battle? That just bumped it way up in my sooner-rather-than-later ranking.

What other QoL features does it have? (Combat speed up, voice slidey options, etc.)

It always peeved me that the QoL features of the previous games were locked behind either DLC or one-time-use codes that came with the physical copy. Because we couldn't have you lend out a complete game, oh no.

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
idea of a visual novel is very funny, to me

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
the term picture book was deemed too childish

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
there's nothing childish about Digimon Survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

virtualboyCOLOR
Dec 22, 2004

Lawman 0 posted:

Any suggestions?

Cozy Grove. It’s basically animal crossing with bear ghosts.