Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd think whoever just doubled up on their investment might want to start watching their rear end, feds don't like illegal gun factories and dumping that many on a buyback is going to draw some attention. He probably just earned himself a van parked on his street for the next 6 months.

Just going on the assumption that some cop is going to think, if he made this many for a buyback, how many is he selling out of his garage?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(

Horseshoe theory posted:

Isn't that technically a Federal crime (at least) since its commercial (i.e, mass) manufacturing and therefore requires Federal Firearms Licenses and serial numbers...? :thunk:

how is it commercial? Some person just happened to have a bunch of guns and decided to get rid of them to make their community safer. If anything they should get more money

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
In most states, you can legally manufacture for yourself, but anything you sell has to be branded with a company or personal name and serialized, and you have to keep record of that sale for life, as well as submit record of transfer (where required, not everywhere).

80% frames take advantage of that market. Technically without certain parts of the frame finished, it can be sold without record of transfer or a background check. If he's manufacturing 80% frames, feds won't technically care. If he's printing 100% frames without the poo poo to shave off, he's making firearms that need branding/serializing to sell, some states require it on everything, even home made.

It's a goddamn minefield of laws but if he ever sold one of those to his buddies, 100% frame, with no markings, he's hosed.

Saman
Oct 23, 2008

Next, you'll say...
"What a good post!"

Horseshoe theory posted:

Isn't that technically a Federal crime (at least) since its commercial (i.e, mass) manufacturing and therefore requires Federal Firearms Licenses and serial numbers...? :thunk:

gun buyback programs like this don't charge people coming forward with firearms with a crime in the interest of getting them off the streets, specifically so guns with removed or nonexistent serial numbers (ghost guns, as the tweet referenced) can get destroyed and make things easier for he police basically. mostly it ends in people dropping their parents old guns they inherited for buyback, or poo poo like this where theyre paying something like 150% whatever it cost a guy to 3d print that poo poo

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, the buyback isn't going to prosecute you. But if your buyback draws a lot of attention, like this one, you can expect a suit or two knocking on your door, wanting to have a look around. If he could make 62 to flip on a buyback program, how many could he be making for other people?

At the very least, someone is going to sniff around. You don't make the news for something like that and not draw a suit.

January 6 Survivor
Jan 6, 2022

The
Nelson Mandela
of clapping
dusty old cheeks

( o(
poster : "be gay do crime gently caress the po-po"

same poster 5 minutes later "I sure hope that person remembered to file document 3962-2 pertinent to federal law 506364-e under the ATF's current interpretation, as well as submitting the tax stamp applications 4502245-g and 4502246-d to their state FBI office and County Chief of Police (including a duly registered and approved fingerprint for the latter) no latter than 15 days before the creation of the 82.14% receiver as defined in the 2019 revision of the..."

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan
he just made nearly $10k by printing into a certain shape, why sell to anyone when you get that from the buyback directly? if they’re smart they’re just grifting the buyback forever, no need to do anything else

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I don't give a poo poo, it's just funny. Good on him for doubling up on his investment, but flag waving his success in the minefield of gun laws could have this story ending in the schadenfreude thread.

Either way, no scratch off my back.

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/852derek852/status/1553456570973003776?s=20&t=3hvHc6dLqFhrp6bNyzbVCA

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
wojak doesnot leave the chad alone
i hate her with my life

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Saman posted:

gun buyback programs like this don't charge people coming forward with firearms with a crime in the interest of getting them off the streets, specifically so guns with removed or nonexistent serial numbers (ghost guns, as the tweet referenced) can get destroyed and make things easier for he police basically. mostly it ends in people dropping their parents old guns they inherited for buyback, or poo poo like this where theyre paying something like 150% whatever it cost a guy to 3d print that poo poo

wow you mean the police do insanely expensive things with no public benefit just for publicity?

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

no thank you

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

:lmao:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Now imagine if both parents were chads. Wouldn't that be something?

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

I like this one too

https://twitter.com/TheInfiniteHoss/status/1553342980874203137

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

Relatable - I also hate my spouse and myself

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
It's canon.

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

:popeye:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/GarvestonReggie/status/1553783860260995073?s=20&t=orNJL8tEBROqNMmGcKQiGQ

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

lol how have I never heard the Black Rifle Coffee guy reading his own audiobook? Click the sample, it's like a character Felix would make up on Chapo.

https://www.audible.com/pd/Thank-You-for-My-Service-Audiobook/0593164407

e: wrong thread, don't care

Mantis42 has issued a correction as of 23:40 on Jul 31, 2022

Kindest Forums User
Mar 25, 2008

Let me tell you about my opinion about Bernie Sanders and why Donald Trump is his true successor.

You cannot vote Hillary Clinton because she is worse than Trump.

Lol

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lmao

The Sean
Apr 17, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

tokin opposition posted:

You share your birthday with approximately 1/365th of the population. Makes you think 🤔

Nope. It's neither correct nor does it male me think.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/RealHeathcliffs/status/1553775446445244416?t=9tbGwBibVRlzI188Ztyd9Q&s=19

I do not like the lovely dad in the dad comics.

Edit: the og comics are the plight of a lady who needs a divorce and the Chad edits are just people reveling in an alcoholic absentee father.

Mr Hootington has issued a correction as of 23:37 on Jul 31, 2022

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

cool freedom

Delthalaz
Mar 5, 2003

Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/paraglobalism/status/1553756232430899200?s=21&t=8ChXrt1fOkZE4rbnPe7rLA

Cassette Moodcore
May 4, 2022

lmao no way is that actually another angle of the plot

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Lmao

Cheatum the Evil Midget
Sep 11, 2000
I COULDN'T BACK UP ANY OF MY ARGUEMENTS, IGNORE ME PLEASE.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

January 6 Survivor posted:

poster : "be gay do crime gently caress the po-po"

same poster 5 minutes later "I sure hope that person remembered to file document 3962-2 pertinent to federal law 506364-e under the ATF's current interpretation, as well as submitting the tax stamp applications 4502245-g and 4502246-d to their state FBI office and County Chief of Police (including a duly registered and approved fingerprint for the latter) no latter than 15 days before the creation of the 82.14% receiver as defined in the 2019 revision of the..."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Someone posted it on reddit AND twitter, so it must be real.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

Paladinus posted:

Who gives a poo poo, this is the pictures thread.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/CobrastanGuy/status/1553601765085413377?s=20&t=-JjsxhSXGU9qJmc3gX8Jew

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
apotheosis of the white woman

(it's the peach lady)

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem

Mola Yam posted:

apotheosis of the white woman

(it's the peach lady)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHotXbGZiFY

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

you could kinda finish half life 1 this way, kinda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Paladinus posted:

truth will never help you.

only trust your lols.