Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I’ve never had a long boi is it actually good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.
I realize they let the guest(s) pick the restaurant pretty often, especially when it's a high-profile guest, but goddamn

indigi posted:

I’ve never had a long boi is it actually good

I mean, if you like fried chicken patties that are assembled from ground/shredded chicken it's fine. I really only eat chicken breast sandwiches anymore

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

it was quick but todays guest and Nick complained about a cold side of marinara being delivered/carryout and I thought of this thread lol

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

indigi posted:

it was quick but todays guest and Nick complained about a cold side of marinara being delivered/carryout and I thought of this thread lol

I love our special guys!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

unbroken timeline from the discovery of fire in one million bc to wiger complaining about cold delivery food

Crindee
Nov 16, 2005

LOOK LIKE EMERIL
Buffoons.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
doesn't he know he can warm the food with several appliances in his own house?

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I also like how Wiger will reasonably justify a sauce he doesn’t like by saying he is trying what comes standard. Mitch will (fail to) use an app and doesn’t talk to people on the phone to customize an order.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

R. Guyovich posted:

unbroken timeline from the discovery of fire in one million bc to wiger complaining about cold delivery food

He mentioned his Estonian great grandpa shivering in a trench for a year after escaping the Russian Revolution, kept motivated by knowing his descendant would one day rank hogs for Mt. Hogmore

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

theyre reviewing kopps for the milwaukee live show and I cant wait cos its basically wigers worst nightmare in terms of making ordering decisions under duress

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
I feel like I've said it a dozen times but you put these two in ANY "Build your own!" ordering scenario and they just completely cease to function as rational, adult humans.

Looking at Kopps' menu...wtf is "Hot Celery," is that spicy pickled stuff or more literal?

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Wiger likes to ask people to ask him if he has any nickels, so he can respond “no I’m nickelless,” so Mitch asked why no one has beaten him to death yet

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
I don't listen to every episode. I cherry pick random ones I think I'll like based on the guest and its funny that even though Mike allegedly has a place in LA every time I listen he's seemingly back home and has been the past 3 years.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

JethroMcB posted:

Looking at Kopps' menu...wtf is "Hot Celery," is that spicy pickled stuff or more literal?

been there a hundred times and wouldve bet money you were pulling my leg lol, I have no idea

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

soggybagel posted:

I don't listen to every episode. I cherry pick random ones I think I'll like based on the guest and its funny that even though Mike allegedly has a place in LA every time I listen he's seemingly back home and has been the past 3 years.

Remote work has gotten a lot more commonplace. And mum isn't getting any younger

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Mitch’s relationship with his mom is something I couldn’t fully manage but is a quality that makes me really root for him.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Piquai Souban posted:

Mitch’s relationship with his mom is something I couldn’t fully manage but is a quality that makes me really root for him.

Same

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Honestly his dad dying probably has something to do with it

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Are operational pizza huts really that hard to find? I grew up in VA, and remember them being all over the place. I checked recently and it looks a fair few are still operational, although I don't know if they are sit down restaurants still.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
What kind of mammal-rear end poo poo is loving your mother?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Are operational pizza huts really that hard to find? I grew up in VA, and remember them being all over the place. I checked recently and it looks a fair few are still operational, although I don't know if they are sit down restaurants still.

there used to be three near me, all closed before the pandemic. closest one to me (that isn’t in a Target or the airport) is 4 miles away, closest one to where I grew up in south Philly is… the same one, except it’s 7 miles away lol

here’s what the situation looks like from here (the express is a Target)

indigi fucked around with this message at 21:45 on Jul 31, 2022

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

JethroMcB posted:

I feel like I've said it a dozen times but you put these two in ANY "Build your own!" ordering scenario and they just completely cease to function as rational, adult humans.

The first time I went to five guys I clueless went down the topping menu and named everything that sounded good to me and ended up with a giant mess that fell apart before every bite.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Does someone still have the picture of Nick's absolutely insane Pinkberry order from the early episodes?

EDIT: Ah here it is, from the confusingly yet incredibly well-documented Doughboys wiki: https://doughboys.fandom.com/wiki/Yogurtland_with_Van_Robichaux?file=Yogvan1.jpg

Half New York Cheesecake with strawberries and cookie dough bites, and half Lemon Cupcake with Nutter Butters and peanut butter sauce :barf:

ninjahedgehog fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 1, 2022

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lemon cupcake with peanut butter is one of the weirdest wiger things

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I actually think that sounds good though. Citrus and peanut butter isn’t that weird of a combination if you think of savory dishes so I bet it would be just fine in a dessert.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
yea that's easily one of the least objectionable 'weird' combos to get for a dessert

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

lmao at the preroll ad being for fat guy shirts

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah how dare fat people want shirts

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
Fat people should just buy rolls of linen and denim to drape themselves in

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I think fat people can trade in 30 rolls of linen for 1 coat

Piquai Souban
Mar 21, 2007

Manque du respect: toujours.
Triple bas cinq: toujours.
Doughboys has had great ads, between Wiger and his nicotine gum and Mitch and his molecular workout recovery supplements. Did Wiger do tattoo aftercare recently?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

yeah, a cream that even makes old tattoos look better!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
My favorite is the cereal one because you can tell from the ad that the cereal sucks

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Waterbed Wendy posted:

My favorite is the cereal one because you can tell from the ad that the cereal sucks

I ended up with some magic spoon somehow and it's good for literally a half second before turning to saw dust in your mouth. It's wild.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Spoeank posted:

I ended up with some magic spoon somehow and it's good for literally a half second before turning to saw dust in your mouth. It's wild.

same. the first chew is like “wow, the eggheads finally did it” but it was just a mirage

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
I’m sad to hear that I was right. One day the scientists will crack it.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

From what I’ve read online the fat guy shirts are garbage quality and actually fit and look like poo poo

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
the only fat guy shirts worth buying, ever, were buttonups by Uniqlo and Banana Republic in the 2010s

then Uniqlo NYC dropped the American sizes (husky), and I settled for hoodies and full zip fleece

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

OP made some good ones but they’re expensive as gently caress. the reason I lost weight was to have access to not garbage clothing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

R. Guyovich posted:

lmao at the preroll ad being for fat guy shirts

Well now I have to listen to the episode immediately