Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

The Sack…has been deflated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Don’t get ballsacked by your massage therapist its not right. They are there to do a job. Let them do it. Don’t be a fuckwit. This is what the Texans should have told Watson.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Some resolution, at least, tomorrow apparently

quote:

Sue L. Robinson, the disciplinary officer jointly appointed by the NFL and players' union, is expected to issue a decision Monday on whether Cleveland Browns quarterback Deshaun Watson violated the league's personal conduct policy following accusations of sexual misconduct, sources confirmed to ESPN.

If Robinson, a former U.S. district judge, imposes any punishment, either side will have three days to submit an appeal in writing. In that case, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell or his designee "will issue a written decision that will constitute full, final and complete disposition of the dispute,'' per terms of Article 46 in the collective bargaining agreement. The NFLPA already made it clear it won't appeal in a statement Sunday night.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1553889675282112513

This phrasing doesn't fill me with confidence that there'll be a very heavy punishment

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
According to ESPN Watson settled 3 of the remaining 4 cases and in negotiations to settle before the judge makes her ruling the furthest Watson's camp was willing to go was 6-8 games and the lowest the NFL would do was 12 and an $8 million dollar fine.

:rubby: he isn't even going to get a year, just incredible.

Ragnarok the Red fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 1, 2022

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
I hope he shatters his leg Alex Smith style.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/NFLPA/status/1553889675282112513

This phrasing doesn't fill me with confidence that there'll be a very heavy punishment

Quite possible she doesn't find a violation of the policy and he walks

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

dirty shrimp money posted:

Quite possible she doesn't find a violation of the policy and he walks

THAT would be hosed but I’m doubtful that’ll happen because if she did then there are no appeals by either side.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

6 games, an absolute joke. Asking for Roger to step in here and lol.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
just :lol:

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1554082946889433089?s=21&t=fxJPg2bnClPOKceItluqCw

1 quarter per victim I guess

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1554083444698890241?t=dbEN7VrtiFjRAHRmdobujw&s=19

Oh as long as it was non violent, all good here.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Umm. Was she only working with a select few of the accusations or all of them because if it’s the latter she is objectively wrong.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Apparently the NFL only submitted 5 of the 20+ cases to the judge. I'm assuming the ones who hadn't settled by that point?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Harlock posted:

Apparently the NFL only submitted 5 of the 20+ cases to the judge. I'm assuming the ones who hadn't settled by that point?

I suppose? I don’t know if it was ever specifically detailed which 20 accusations were settled.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Good to know that you can do whatever you want as long as it's non-violent and that the only repercussions are having to write "I'm a bad wittle boy" on the chalkboard 100 times.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Watson is going to keep doing this, too.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

NOT EVEN TRUE

it wasn't physical violence but this was weaponizing Watson's position of authority to intimidate people into compliance.

Odds of this going further south? Or will the usual happen and the NFL PR machine makes everyone forget

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Forrest on Fire posted:

NOT EVEN TRUE

it wasn't physical violence but this was weaponizing Watson's position of authority to intimidate people into compliance.

Odds of this going further south? Or will the usual happen and the NFL PR machine makes everyone forget

She only saw five of the 24 cases because 19 had settled prior to arbitration.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wow

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

He's gotten less than a slap on the wrist. He's just going to keep abusing people. Jesus Christ.

If the NFL doesn't appeal (I bet it won't) then this fully crowns the Browns as the villains. What a weird thought. gently caress the Cleveland Browns.

Dysthymia
May 13, 2022
Disgusting. NGL, this puts me off watching since I was already borderline (burnout).

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
This water won't just carry itself!

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1554083150036344832

Yes, these things are all exactly alike in kind and scope!

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

I love a dirtbag league that isn't a legally binding entity using the language of one to justify why this serial sexual abuser is both not violent and not a risk to future people.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Ayudo posted:

This water won't just carry itself!

https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1554083150036344832

Yes, these things are all exactly alike in kind and scope!

So the lesson as laid down by the league, baring an appeal, is that if you sexually abuse one person just keep going because quantity is irrelevant. Cool.

The internal logic is honestly amazing to me. If you SOLELY just wanted to go by the Ben Rothlesberger precedent of punishment then ok, but that means 6 games for each accusation which was brought to the table of the arbitrator. So 30 games.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 14:32 on Aug 1, 2022

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

If you're a good enough QB, you will never get more than 6 games. Lesson learned.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Forrest on Fire posted:

If you're a good enough QB, you will never get more than 6 games. Lesson learned.

This reminds me of chapelles skit on Kobe dribbling for his freedom

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
It is always nice to have a reminder that the league can go gently caress itself.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1554081759540682758?s=20&t=v1jn2w_yeY47kV9wiaJUkQ

"And don't let this happen again!" - Sue Robinson.

What an unbelievable joke.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

We'll fix this! We'll make the Cleveland Browns, paragons of security, handle all future massages! The Texans prove this is a foolproof method.

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

Jesus Christ. At least she isn’t on the district court anymore.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yikes

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Doesn't the NFL still have to make the final decision? ESPN has been framing this like it's a done deal but I sort of presumed Robinson's role in this was to present a lowball punishment so Goodell can look tough when he hands out 10 games or whatever.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

fsif posted:

Doesn't the NFL still have to make the final decision? ESPN has been framing this like it's a done deal but I sort of presumed Robinson's role in this was to present a lowball punishment so Goodell can look tough when he hands out 10 games or whatever.

yeah and the fact its happening on a monday morning instead of a friday afternoon makes me suspect some kayfabe sentencing is in the future.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I uh would not count on Goodell to make things better. Here or just in general. He’s probably thrilled it isn’t more.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Ayudo posted:

https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1554081759540682758?s=20&t=v1jn2w_yeY47kV9wiaJUkQ

"And don't let this happen again!" - Sue Robinson.

What an unbelievable joke.

So wait, does this mean that there wasn't already a clause to ensure Watson did this in his contract to keep him in check?

The Cards put a clause in Murray's contract that made him look lazy, but the Browns didn't put one in Watson's contract to try and keep him under control?

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

The Browns got Watson to choose them by basically giving him 100 percent run of the town. A fully guaranteed contract for a QB.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Well I mean, they wouldn't want to embarrass him

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Docjowles posted:

I uh would not count on Goodell to make things better. Here or just in general. He’s probably thrilled it isn’t more.

The last thing on earth he is is thrilled.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao what a trash league