Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

D.N. Nation posted:

w/r/t a "lighter schedule" for Jeff, IIRC he barely did anything in the year+ after that admittedly great Styles/Zayn/Hardy match in 2020 other than putting a few nobodies over on Main Event and beating Karrion Kross. Pretty sure during the return to the road WWE wasn't doing the house show circuits of old, no?

So yeah, he looks old and busted because he is old and busted, no light schedule would've helped

WWE still does two house shows a week, double branded. In November of 2021, the month before his release he had 13 matches.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Aug 1, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

D.N. Nation posted:

w/r/t a "lighter schedule" for Jeff, IIRC he barely did anything in the year+ after that admittedly great Styles/Zayn/Hardy match in 2020 other than putting a few nobodies over on Main Event and beating Karrion Kross. Pretty sure during the return to the road WWE wasn't doing the house show circuits of old, no?

So yeah, he looks old and busted because he is old and busted, no light schedule would've helped

the event he walked out of was a house show

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

he did three spots in the Elimination Chamber that Kofi lost and they all looked good

that's it, really

e: oh wait, that was uhhh 2019. Time is a gently caress

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

MJeff posted:

Every single reason you could've brought up (and was brought up at the time) to not sign Jeff Hardy all came true within like a month of him signing. He looked unwatchably awful in every single match, he immediately Did The Thing Jeff Hardy Does, he wasn't any kind of ratings draw at all and you can basically never use him again anyway, which is hilarious because he currently has wins over two of your top tier acts.

It was an awful signing. The idea that they could've gotten an even longer, more terrible run where they had awful matches with AEW's tag teams isn't exactly a compelling reason why it might have worked out.

Everyone will forget about the Hardys run in a few... now. But Tony now has him doing an awesome swanton bomb on the concourse in their tape library!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
It is pretty funny that the Bucks will probably never get their win back now

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Also I'll throw in Pillman Jr. as one of their worst signings, mostly because they gave him a lot of TV time to figure it out and have nothing to show for it. Has never improved in the ring, no charisma, terrible promos, pretty much a zero across the board.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

WWE still does two house shows a week, double branded. In November of 2021, the month before his release he had 13 matches.

dang, I stand corrected. I thought they were only doing like a supershow once a month or something.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Kosmo Gallion posted:

6. Was rarely on TV enough to be considered one of AEWs worst signings. When exactly was Marko's last appearance on Dynamite? Last time I remember seeing him was when Lance Archer launched him into orbit.

It would be whenever it was that Christian joined up with Jurassic Express. He was the third guy in that little group, before he was quietly replaced with Christian, and I think even Marko Stunt himself would agree that it was a trade up.

Honestly, this isn't even the worst decision when it comes to HHH matches at WrestleMania. 19, anyone?

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

"If I lose I will set myself on fire."

edogawa rando posted:

Honestly, this isn't even the worst decision when it comes to HHH matches at WrestleMania. 19, anyone?
I'm not even looking up which one that was but I just immediately thought of Booker T

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Benne posted:

Also I'll throw in Pillman Jr. as one of their worst signings, mostly because they gave him a lot of TV time to figure it out and have nothing to show for it. Has never improved in the ring, no charisma, terrible promos, pretty much a zero across the board.

Eh, Beepie is very average, but he's also inexpensive, and his presence led to screen time for Julia, which led to the House Of Black angle.

Fart Radio
Sep 7, 2010

@Therock hey man check it... You ever kill a man or no? Hit me up. ;)

edogawa rando posted:

I think even Marko Stunt himself would agree that it was a trade up.

given marko's comments on aew bringing in guys from wwe, i'm not sure he would!

Bonk
Aug 4, 2002

Douche Baggins
I'm mostly baffled that anyone's still using "Marky Mark" references in 2022.

Most people don't remember that part of Mark Wahlberg's career, and lest we forget, dude had a Funky Bunch. What do YOU have, Twitter guy?

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fart Radio posted:

given marko's comments on aew bringing in guys from wwe, i'm not sure he would!

Yeah I think Marko is one of those guys who bets on himself 100 percent. That's great but it can also lead to subjective delusion.

Drakkel
May 6, 2007

IT'S LIKE I CAN TOUCH YOU!
I think Marko's problem wasn't so much being replaced but the fact that AEW apparently just ghosted him the moment they decided they were done with him.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

IGgy IGsen posted:

I'm not even looking up which one that was but I just immediately thought of Booker T

Got it in one.

26 and 29 are the other egregious ones, where he beat Sheamus and Brock when both needed a big win at a signature event. 19 though, will always stink to high heaven.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Benne posted:

He did give us the Beepie nickname which has brought countless joy to the forum

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Marcos problem was he sucked

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Quantum of Phallus posted:

stfu :(

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
I didn’t watch the Flair thing but the Observer recap said Beepie was a good heal at it and his team with Brock felt more natural than the team with Griff. Beeps has been liking/rting stuff about breaking up the Varsity Blonds so I expect that team will be done soon.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

CopywrightMMXI posted:

I didn’t watch the Flair thing but the Observer recap said Beepie was a good heal at it and his team with Brock felt more natural than the team with Griff. Beeps has been liking/rting stuff about breaking up the Varsity Blonds so I expect that team will be done soon.

I read that too. Sounds like a win/win since a lot of people saw potential in Griff as a singles guy.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Doing that dildo spot with Effy really was a bad idea for his career.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Too much disrespect for The Little Show itt

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
does jake atlas count? i think theres disputes on if he was signed or not. Maybe lio rush and gresham?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I watched a Warrior Wrestling show from June and they had Beepie kicking out of several of Will Ospreay's biggest moves. It was utterly bizarre that anyone would book him that strongly.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status/1554271208471834624

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

KungFu Grip posted:

does jake atlas count? i think theres disputes on if he was signed or not.

Never signed

keithy george
Jan 8, 2008

Must be a big relief that they can finally admit even they think the shows have been poo poo.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Satin with his finger close to the pulse of current pop culture references. (He does watch WWE, after all.)

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
But fans don't want bangers - there's no storytelling in them!

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I think the funniest end result of this is going to be when all the WWE people are forced to admit that they like flippy poo poo now and have to move the goal posts about why AEW's flippy poo poo is the bad kind.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Too bad no one listened to him

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
that's terrible, not just the content but the execution. "you get a banger match" would have fit the meme properly. get your poo poo together satin.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Why the gently caress would anyone want to wrestle a sausage?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

edogawa rando posted:

Why the gently caress would anyone want to wrestle a sausage?

I mean, we've all seen Paige's sextape

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i haven't

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Alaois posted:

i haven't

IGgy IGsen
Apr 11, 2013

Alaois posted:

i haven't