Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

rally posted:

To be fair contesting ow targets in kunark is pointless

I'm sitting in the sauna at the gym so I'll post some words since drama and EQ are comfortable bed fellows and I would encourage Tropic and Ouro to post their recollection.

The lead up to Kunark had poo poo pretty sweet imo. We were like farm status raiding Sky, all the planes and all the various raids on a m/w/f schedule. I was helping people with Epics and hunting the last few imbruned items I was missing for the kunark open, but I was pretty close to top 3 BIS across my gear. Were putting two if not 3 full raids into dead zones regularly and I thought everyone was pretty happy.

Some OW calls went out for dragons and stuff that seemed like 50/50 as to happen or succeed. NBD, people are away before the new expansion etc etc. Well have em on farm in kunark for epic purposes and stuff.

Kunark was opening and the leadership posted a massive like 30 or 40 (someone remeber?) DKP bonus which is the equivalent of like 5 - 8 raids worth of DKP for the first 20ish people with tiered r e. Ward for the top 50 lmao. A post goes into the login message with some words to the affect of "you're useless to us if you're not 60, get on it" . Pretty clear prioritization and incentives there.

Everyone gets off and to the races and starts leveling. The core "super serious" group finishes in around 24 hours, straight through with static groups and camps and oob help. Yay good for them. All or a significant portion desire to contest the first OW spawns for VP key purposes (I think, this is mostly second hand) and a big Call To Arms goes out for DKP and leadership is heavily messaging guild chat to come help RIGHT NOW.

I'm actually ahead of the leveling curve at this point. Sitting around or just north of 55 well past ~most~ of the guild so...... just ignore it. I've got a nice group in a nice camp and I figure it'll be a 3 hour mess that probably won't succeed and I'm more valuable at 60.

Some of the guild shows up and others don't and I don't know how it gets started but the leaders are pissy for not showing up and members are pissy they've been told to level and focus only to be pressured to leave their groups and camps to come help something maybe we succeed at and drama starts.

Leadership gave clear instructions, trying to switch to OW contests mid stream, and people who don't have boxes, oob help, camps reserved and all the help these very serious (tm) vets have are possy they're being asked to leave group that may have taken a while to get (hello rogues). Even as a bard sometimes it take 15mins to get a group so I'm sympathetic. 😅

Some more things happened here which was a bit behind the scenes from my seat in the back of the bus related to like OW targets, the number of non mains in the dkp reward list (your 5 box crew doesn't get 30 dkp gently caress off)and some bank/spell shenanigans and how if you weren't 60 by last Sunday night you get 0 dkp

There was more but I don't remember, the leader stepped down, some officers removed themselves from the dkp list idk.

So last night (yesterday) ~something happened~ and at 2.30AM EST they removed all channels from the Discord server apart from 1 and put out some very soft language about their aims and the hard-core group started their own cool kids guild and the other half who like by the way are still poopsocky by most definitions put out their own and now....our guild is ded

🤷‍♂️

I'd really like to see VP and I need help getting keyed 😓 I was enjoying the guild and being along for the ride. Sad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Lol. Victorem V, right? Wild.

Pillage and Plunder we're on Aradune and didn't seem that bad. I'm in <Warm Bodies> and the name delivers, but I'm mostly playing with a crew from Aradune that was leadership from <Qeynos Militiamen>. QM had a couple other goons in it and was mostly cool people, WB is solidly mid. If you want in, talk to me first. They said 8:30 EST to 12:30 EST MTTh.

Might take you up on this thanks!!

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Yeah, seems reasonable :nallears:. It's really easy to find good players and hardcore players. It's difficulty to find players that excel at good and consistent management, particularly when their personal goals are sometimes at odds with organizational goals. In this case, the ultra hardcore leadership guild clique was probably bored and so started trying to hit open world. Probably some of the less hardcore hardcore leadership called them on mixed messaging / hypocrisy. And then the ultra hardcore though they could do serve their personal goals better with less effort by splitting into ultra hardcore and less hardcore.

EQ guilds absolutely have an expiration date (PoP/GoD), so I don't think a lot of people put a lot of effort into organization building. QM, we had a lot of conscientious leadership who was trying out leadership for the first time and stepped on a lot of rakes, but was trying to build a strong guild and kill bosses over personal goals. We just sucked at recruitment :v TEB on Aradune was as successful as it was because it indexed hard on organizational management and used software to automate/ease the difficult parts of leadership/management; part of the reason it has no problem headshotting anyone that started causing problems without thinking twice.

In VV's case, it seems like leadership got impatient with their own goals and decided to pivot towards their own goals.

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro
This is all incredibly stupid. I poopsocked hard to 60, got all my VP key poo poo (except for the tooth) done over the last few days, battled countless bot armies for my Howling Stones key, and am about 70% of the way through my Enchanter epic. We already had something like 20 teeth because we split Trak last week and would have done so again tomorrow which would have put us solidly into some VP kills this week.

Instead, the guild's namesake/leader/incredibly abrasive woman had an epic meltdown and torpedoes everything to ashes. Essentially two separate guilds form from each of the raid groups putting each separate guild's tooth count at like 6-10 meaning they'll be lucky to get in there before the end of Kunark now. Here I was hoping we'd get a solid 4 weeks of Veeshan's Peak under our belt... I suppose it was only a matter of time until the darkside of MMOs shined through my otherwise rose-colored nostalgia glasses.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

You can do silverwing and phara dar with 18 as long as you have the right class spread. It's not great, but those two drop the best pieces. Good luck doing nexxona etc al. with less than 30.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."
It is a real challenge keeping all of the egos happy in a raiding guild, particularly the earlier they start. It’s also probably harder to put together a group of strangers that are going to want to log in continually and play and listen to each other for a long stretch of time. Launches in particular are the biggest test of a guild and how well they can shepherd a raid force through the flagging process. It’s disappointing when the bottom falls out of your guild, I know. But if people are already back biting and fomenting drama over kunark launch (which does not matter) it’s only going to be uglier on the harder xpacs that matter in terms of game progression. People should seek a good fit as soon and as often as they can.

I really enjoyed my time raiding with Victorem on Aradune, but there were definitely two phases to it. Early tlp big guild phase which ended halfway through PoP when many of the leadership that eventually comprised yelinak victorem cut cord and bailed. They rebooted in secret on mischief. I and the other earnest aradune players that remained helped hold the raid force together for another year and it was really great. Some excellent memories and I’m glad for all the raiding I got to enjoy with them throughout both phases.

But the long game on a tlp is a little different than the more casual game you see on early tlp, it involves a lot more interpersonal cooperation and it involves actually liking and enjoying the people you have to listen to on voice comms. Which, easier said than done. Many people logging in are not interested in that. They Know already they’re going to recycle after PoP. That they can have fun on this monk now and ec tunnel it down the line. That it is not worth their time to log in hard for a week+ on a launch with all the opportunity cost that entails just to do it again in 2-3 months. That they’ll have another shot at it on the new tlp next year, if they’re even still playing.

So in a sense it’s really important for tlp eq players to get a feeling of if they are short, medium or long term, if that makes sense. And sort appropriately. Because you’re only going to resent each other more and more anyway if you’ve got everyone stuffed in the same bin together. And with the shotgun, canvas & recruit everyone that’s logged in style that VV seemed to have had on yelinak that was bound to come to a split once people started to realize that they’re playing games with different expiration dates.

If you’re feeling like you’re long term on your current server, you’ll inevitably have to be comfortable with reguilding and making new friends.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
If Victorem V is the core people from Ad Victorem on Mangler and Victorem on Mischief, you dodged one hell of a bullet.

Also, VP is much more fun at 65 or (preferably) 70 when it’s unlocked and you can clear it with a couple of groups or less.

Even better if you’re a Knight and do Xygoz in a 3-4 knights-only group

rally
Nov 19, 2002

yospos
One vp run is plenty

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i resubbed and hopped on my sk on bristlebane and got hit with an immediate impenetrable wall of lag, chat has upwards of 30 seconds of delay between hitting enter and sending the chat and zoning is a crapshoot

this is not shaping up to be a good resubscribing experience, apparently everyone in my guild is having this issue, do TLPs get this?

Malaria
Oct 21, 2017

I ended up quitting Yelinak like a week before Kunark dropped.

The overall attitude of the server seems awful. Bot groups literally everywhere. People just being dicks in general. Kind of a bummer.

The thought of VP keying or just keying in general with the amount of assholes on Yelinak kinda killed my will to play more.

I did bank a ton of Krono. I will hopfully play the next TLP, and I hope it has Mischief type rules.

I played on Thornblade(Mischief clone) awhile last year, and I really feel like the extra loot plus free trade really kept the overall server attitude much nicer. I never had anyone try to steal camps or harass me on Thornblade. I ran in to some rear end in a top hat doing something lovely to me/my group almost every day on Yelinak.

I was in Legacy in Progress. They raid at 6pm PST 3-4 days a week. They are a nice bunch, it's a more casual guild but we did clear all of classic. I'd recommend them if you are looking for a guild.

I am sorta kicking the idea of playing on Thornblade again, but I hear the server is pretty dead. Could possibly pay for a transfer to Mischief I guess.

Malaria fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Aug 1, 2022

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Malaria posted:

I ended up quitting Yelinak like a week before Kunark dropped.

The overall attitude of the server seems awful. Bot groups literally everywhere. People just being dicks in general. Kind of a bummer.

The thought of VP keying or just keying in general with the amount of assholes on Yelinak kinda killed my will to play more.

I did bank a ton of Krono. I will hopfully play the next TLP, and I hope it has Mischief type rules.

I played on Thornblade(Mischief clone) awhile last year, and I really feel like the extra loot plus free trade really kept the overall server attitude much nicer. I never had anyone try to steal camps or harass me on Thornblade. I ran in to some rear end in a top hat doing something lovely to me/my group almost every day on Yelinak.

I was in Legacy in Progress. They raid at 6pm PST 3-4 days a week. They are a nice bunch, it's a more casual guild but we did clear all of classic. I'd recommend them if you are looking for a guild.

I am sorta kicking the idea of playing on Thornblade again, but I hear the server is pretty dead. Could possibly pay for a transfer to Mischief I guess.

aw man, playing with you was super fun, thanks for helping us out when we got started. We really had an easy go of it bc of you <3

Mischief rules would be fun for sure. I'm probably going to try to stick around a bit to get through Veeshan at least and my original intent was to play through PoP. I will say lots of people I've talked to have said this server is kind of lovely, people are rude and everything is too expensive lol.

I think we're gunan throw in with the hardcore kids since they're gunna need numbers and I've nothing to do video game wise until the new Destiny raid drops or Darktide comes out.

I do have to say that I forgot how long you spend at 60 between Kunark and PoP but I guess the AA system in Luclin will give everyone something to EXP for again. I've never done a TLP and it seems very much like there's alot of waiting around in Kunark and Velious if you're at level cap and we only have 8 weeks in between expansions lol

is Kunark/Velious essentially like....get Keyed for VP/Sleepers, log in to do raids since the equipment expires so quickly once Luclin and PoP hit?

I'd really like to level during Velious or Luclin so I think PLing our alts/boxes to mid 30s (probably where I cap out as a bard) is a good use of time and than pushing through to 60 on those expansions will be fun. I have strong memories of Tower of Frozen shadow in Velious and the Luclin leveling was pretty fun IIRC.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Velious raids are fun and neat and feel epic. And there are a few loot drops that don't expire till pop (Brain of Cazic Thule, Ring War, Thurgadin prayer mantle, Vulak drops, Dozekar quests). Velious is also where loot upgrades start to feel actually impactful because Sony figured out itemization. Sleeper's key is a single item that drops from 5(?) Mobs in the expansion.

Late in velious, people start prepping for luclin via getting the right focus effects (Obulus Death Shroud, White DragonScale Cloak). It's also another time where people 'work on their stable' because some class dynamics switch (wizards far more useful).

It's also where gdkp/platinum and side raids on back content start up because you can start meaningfully doing back content with small groups (12 man naggy/vox, etc).

Luclin keying was miserable on Aradune even if you were in the top guild. I haven't tried the changes, but it should relieve some of the worse camps like scarlet desert and maiden's eye.

LuckyCat
Jul 26, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I have been having so much fun on Mischief. Vaniki was a ghost town compared to this place. I've made lots of friends and made lots of characters. If anyone is on Mischief, this is me:

-Divi (58 zerk)
-Alranek (49 cleric)
-Steenky (47 sham) -currently playing

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Velious raids are fun and neat and feel epic. And there are a few loot drops that don't expire till pop (Brain of Cazic Thule, Ring War, Thurgadin prayer mantle, Vulak drops, Dozekar quests). Velious is also where loot upgrades start to feel actually impactful because Sony figured out itemization. Sleeper's key is a single item that drops from 5(?) Mobs in the expansion.

Late in velious, people start prepping for luclin via getting the right focus effects (Obulus Death Shroud, White DragonScale Cloak). It's also another time where people 'work on their stable' because some class dynamics switch (wizards far more useful).

It's also where gdkp/platinum and side raids on back content start up because you can start meaningfully doing back content with small groups (12 man naggy/vox, etc).

Luclin keying was miserable on Aradune even if you were in the top guild. I haven't tried the changes, but it should relieve some of the worse camps like scarlet desert and maiden's eye.

Sleepers is gonna be a mess I think. My bet is that you have about 24 hrs to get a pre-awaken sleepers DZ open (and then 6 hrs to clear it) so at best the server is going to have 1 clear to see the content.

Last time some rear end guild chose to create a ton of boxes just to funnel keys to mains and now that this is a valid tactic to troll a server all the big guilds will setup the same thing to at least get a single DZ.

SOE could do almost anything smarter here, like keep DZs pre-awaken for 4 weeks or something, but they wont at least as of the last message.

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

"Imagination is not enough. You have to have knowledge too, and an experience of the oddity of life."

Waroduce posted:

is Kunark/Velious essentially like....get Keyed for VP/Sleepers, log in to do raids since the equipment expires so quickly once Luclin and PoP hit?

Goal of kunark is p much get your epic done, level 60 and have a set of resist gear ready for velious.

Velious is a gear bump and the impact will be felt you can cap almost all of your relevant stats. When you have your gear tidied up there is still stuff to work on. Tradeskills, Dain ring, prayer shawl. Precollect focus effects. Push your resist gear (PoM flowers, etc.)

Luclin is about capping your AA, getting essential clickies and collecting relevant focus effects.

Planes of power is another gear bump. The gear in luclin is not totally irrelevant but will be heavily replaced. With your strongest luclin pieces rotating into your weakest but still tolerable slots until you’re in full time gear.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Malaria posted:

Thornblade is pretty dead from what I've heard; Cowboys transferred over to Mischief to merge with The Faceless and I think some other guilds moved over around the same time as well.

MIschief is going strong, there are AT LEAST 6-7 guilds clearing endgame content with 2-3 raids (Faceless does 4 splits provided we have the numbers) so there's definitely something for everybody.

Day-to-day population is probably a little lower now since everyone is max/near max AAs and we don't get any new AAs with DoN coming out in 3ish weeks; plus side is that OoW gear other than like the DPS mask/shoulders DKP/krono/plat prices are going down and will only continue to do so since we have slightly under 3 more months of farming anguish.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
The VP key is dumb and bad why would they keep it this lovely 20 years later

i've been sitting at the same spawn point for 6 hours and i am now 3rd in line

Yiggy
Sep 12, 2004

My last go through I think I hit 60 w/ maybe half of velious left. Enough time to raid velious late era, get epic done on easy mode and dodge the kunark stuff almost entirely. My feeling on VP is juice ain’t worth the squeeze when NToV and velious armor sets right around the corner.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea there’s no way I’m sitting at a spawn point for hours competing with a bunch of people. If it cools down at some point I’ll get my key, but that isn’t fun and I’m not spending my free time doing that poo poo.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
VP is the most tedious and useless key you can get. If you want it for ‘never done this / zoned into it before’ reasons, cool, but it’s such a lovely raid zone. Loot drops are bad, the effort vs reward is way out of whack. There’s maybe a handful of worthy upgrades that won’t get replaced by NToV loot or etov quest armor. It’s just such a slog and the key grind will burn out several raiders or create gap of all day grinders vs the 9-5 can’t login during work crew.

shirunei
Sep 7, 2018

I tried to run away. To take the easy way out. I'll live through the suffering. When I die, I want to feel like I did my best.
Few people are worthy of the prestige of a PD robe for the two months in which that is actually prestigious. Better to save that dkp and roll the dice on your single pre-nerf ST clear, though, for the truly dedicated.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Man this thread gives me PTSD from 20 years ago, where you'd watch an item rot in Fear or Hate because you didn't have the DKP for it

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Medullah posted:

Man this thread gives me PTSD from 20 years ago, where you'd watch an item rot in Fear or Hate because you didn't have the DKP for it

Whatever system you were using was dumb hth

I have literally never seen something rot since I started raiding in 2000 in any game, as long as someone wanted it.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

MF_James posted:

Whatever system you were using was dumb hth

I have literally never seen something rot since I started raiding in 2000 in any game, as long as someone wanted it.

Yeah that was a short stint in a heavy raiding guild around 99. They were ridiculous about making people work for everything.

I swore off MMORPGs after EQ until I started Star Wars the Old Republic and it blew my mind how much poo poo had changed over 10+ years.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

blatman posted:

i resubbed and hopped on my sk on bristlebane and got hit with an immediate impenetrable wall of lag, chat has upwards of 30 seconds of delay between hitting enter and sending the chat and zoning is a crapshoot

this is not shaping up to be a good resubscribing experience, apparently everyone in my guild is having this issue, do TLPs get this?

didnt see anyone respond to this but yes, this is just A Thing that Happens sometimes, particularly on the TLP servers, probably because they're using old as poo poo hardware and have probably 1 competent IT person who can fix stuff and is never around when it happens

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

That kind of lag was centered around expansion unlocks on TLPs in my experience. Outside of the first day of an expansion it was very rare. I think busy Live servers are just collapsing under poorly implemented ability bloat in a way that early TLPs don’t come anywhere close to.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

It's kind of amazing how quickly muscle memory comes back in this game. I've been logging onto Test recently with my 96 SK to just run around and merk raid encounters from Velious and Kunark and explore the old zones that hold my nostalgia. I went to Velk's yesterday because I probably hadn't been in the zone in 10+ years and immediately my left hand was working seemingly independent of itself to navigate all of the slick spots on the ramps throughout the zone, it was kinda bizarre. I probably spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours in that zone across several characters and it all immediately snapped back.

Porterhaus
Jun 6, 2006

Zero to Gyro
Totally agree. I hadn't played in 20 years but still knew where pretty much everything in Ak'anon and Crushbone were. Nostalgia is going to kick me again in Luclin which is when I resubbed the first go-around (following Kunark launch). Pretty sure I can still camp crawl around Acrylia Caverns blindfolded years later.

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

Medullah posted:

Yeah that was a short stint in a heavy raiding guild around 99. They were ridiculous about making people work for everything.

To clarify, your guild would allow an item to rot if no one had DKP for it, rather than just give it to someone? How successful were they at raiding high end content?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

To clarify, your guild would allow an item to rot if no one had DKP for it, rather than just give it to someone? How successful were they at raiding high end content?

Yea I’d quit the guild the first time that happened that’s ridiculous.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Sand Monster posted:

They were one of the top raiding guilds on the server at the time, there was high demand to get in so they had draconian rules. I didn't last much longer than a month in it.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
There are no good loot distribution systems. DKP is close, but it has issues.

On Mangler we had a guy hoard dkp to the point where he would only do minimum bids; he never really got gear outside of a few big items/clickies but the result is that he didn't really have the hp pool to survive late game content. Silly.

TLPs fart so much gear at you though that it almost doesn't matter, especially compared to pre-DZ raiding (i.e. 99-2003). It's hard to not get gear at this point.

suuma fucked around with this message at 14:06 on Aug 3, 2022

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

in my opinion dkp is good if it has built-in decay, otherwise you get poo poo like the guild i raided with in 2009-ish that had dudes still spending their massive hoard of vex thal dkp and locking everyone out of all the valuable drops for entire expansion cycles

PyRosflam
Aug 11, 2007
The good, The bad, Im the one with the gun.

blatman posted:

in my opinion dkp is good if it has built-in decay, otherwise you get poo poo like the guild i raided with in 2009-ish that had dudes still spending their massive hoard of vex thal dkp and locking everyone out of all the valuable drops for entire expansion cycles

Yep, DKP today NEEDS to be worth more then a previous xpac, but you have edge lords who save DKP for fairly unique and uncommon items. All systems can be gamed one way or another.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

i'm stoked we're getting another luclin expansion this is gonna own

Setset
Apr 14, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Having fun on Vaniki TLP. We just got veteran AAs, auto-grant, relaxed True-box and a bunch of new expacs. I was able to snag some sweet time-quality gear from a groupable quest in Arcstone.

Guild im in also just did Time and we made it past Phase 3 but wiped in 4 on Tallon at the end of the raid.

Enchanters are hella OP and are a must have in decent groups. They didnt get a new charm this update so can only charm up to like level 63 mobs or something at level 60, but thats still enough to quadruple a groups DPS. They dont live very long when it breaks though. Lotta bad enchanters out there too

A lot of these expacs are new to me so there’s a lot to learn but thats part of the eq experience imo

My shaman has better dots than necro and im not sure how to feel about it

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Tallon Zek is the first real boss and Rallos is the big bad of time, quarm is a joke if you can kill both those guys.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Sand Monster posted:

Never understood this mentality.

Malt
Jan 5, 2013

Sand Monster posted:

This is real dumb. We are on a free trade server and soon as something rots dkp wise we roll that poo poo out. Can’t imagine a no trade server doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Malt posted:

This is real dumb. We are on a free trade server and soon as something rots dkp wise we roll that poo poo out. Can’t imagine a no trade server doing that.

It's been 20 years but I THINK the mentality was they wanted people to participate and also not hoard DKP, so they didn't want people who didn't play enough to earn points to get "free" items. I only was with them a month or so anyway