Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

psilocybin laden posted:

on the fireside he did the week after, adj was like "part of this whole problem was mittani not knowing how to shut the gently caress up", which is not an admittance of fault or guilt in my book tbh and it's also not a loving apology - keeping misogyny quiet is not the correct outcome, not having it in the first place is the correct outcome, and then there was still no apology (I thought most people's parents taught them as a child to say they're sorry when there's a fuckup, apparently not because getting an apology is like pulling teeth or trying to send a mission to mars)

some people posted in the forum thread that what mittani did wasn't good, but

1. that's a forum thread, that most people will not read or acknowledge, and many who read it will not acknowledge it,
2. it's not a public/coalitionwide sphere, it's a personal opinion on a dead forum called goon fleet dot com,
3. as per number 2, it's not an official stance for the org; unless it comes out on an official channel it does not matter - and it must be from the heads of the alliance, adj, now asher, or anyone else of significant importance

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rojo_Sombrero
May 8, 2006
I ebayed my EQ account and all I got was an SA account

hailthefish posted:

Postin on page 69

Summer of 69

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

andromache posted:

Like who? You guys ran off everyone of note in GSF other than like me, bill, and occasionally a wild xttz appearance. Seems like Asher’s play is to just do poo poo better and get back to playing eve. Let his actions speak for themselves and if that’s of interest to people ITT they can give it a try.

If someone got banned and wants to give GSF a try again they can reach out to our new exec either via PM on these forums, or I can get you hooked up with him on discord. GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

Lmao.

We're back to spaceships folks, put the abuse poo poo behind you just like we've done, it's over.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

That Works posted:

Lmao.

We're back to spaceships folks, put the abuse poo poo behind you just like we've done, it's over.

all of the abusers stepped down, and the pedo kicked, and the system is good and cool now

problem solved

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

andromache posted:

GSF is back to shooting spaceships and there’s no appetite for litigating it over.

how is it that every time you post in these threads, whether it's about mishandling sexual harassment or just giving people fake space money for fake spaceships, you sound like someone's lovely boss trying and failing to assert authority

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

Wonder how much poo poo you covered up in the army lol

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Just thinking how its really unique how people play this MMO in so many different ways. A lot of people play it just as a spaceship shooting Number Go Up mmo but some people apparently actually roleplay based on the ingame lore stuff. You can obviously play it as a pure econ simulator/trading game and float around in big slow space trucks. You can roleplay as a pirate or mercenaries and pick out an area of space to be a dick in. You have the Mittani and other people who tried to make it a political thing and roleplay speeches and stuff like that. And other people play it as like a bureaucracy or corporation simulator, mainly focused on increasing output (people logging in), tracking metrics and other weird middle manager personality poo poo like the 'I was on vacation last week and look what I come back into' quote a few pages ago.

Anyways, it sucks the people running the game obviously have little interest beyond milking their remaining customers until it either dies outright or they find a way to move them into something they like more (first person shooters apparently). But it's neat that there is a MMO environment that accidentally mashed up all the * Simulator games out there.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

andromache posted:

the actions like not preventing mittani from making a comeback easily by leaving him unbanned

like its not hard to ban people i did it plenty until i got told i wasnt allowed to ban only mute them until someone else came around to do it

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

That Works posted:

Lmao.

To be fair, with the particularly spicy composition of much of the alliance, what option does he have other than to steamroll on by and hope that he handles incidents better than the last guy did

reaching for a unifying "we're gonna play titans online like crazy" rallying call and subsequently hoping to not be as terrifyingly chauvinistic as the last guy isn't the worst hand to play, provided he can actually deliver on the latter

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Like, to spell this out, it's become pretty obvious that wagons have and will continue to circle around the chuds' little attack helicopter costumes and "real women need to tough it out" interpretative dances, so an active cultural revolution is probably not a realistic option for anyone who has made the moral choice to stay but attempt to slowly right the ship / "fix it from the inside" etc

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 1, 2022

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

Cease to Hope posted:

how is it that every time you post in these threads, whether it's about mishandling sexual harassment or just giving people fake space money for fake spaceships, you sound like someone's lovely boss trying and failing to assert authority

What do you expect from a former army officer/current paper pusher irl and in eve?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

TheWeedNumber posted:

Wonder how much poo poo you covered up in the army lol

You got me. There was a guy who exposed his ejaculated penis on an Internet forum without consent to a bunch of people. Probably should have ran that up through UCMJ as I believe he was still in the Navy at the time.

You are the absolute last person on this earth who can give me a lecture on anything, dickhead, and the fact that you are the Gatekeeper of Gooniness for 2022 SA is the most lol, lmao thing in this thread.

Samuel L. Hacksaw
Mar 26, 2007

Never Stop Posting
I shot a spaceship the other day.

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.
love it when an authority figure desperately needs to play the "you can't judge me" card, especially one that's effectively making themselves the PR face of an org

especially love it when their response to unbanning whistleblowers is effectively "please file a ticket and we will get back to you as soon as necessary"

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Last Friday was my last day working with the American defense industrial base

my hands are clean(er), and I'm ashamed it took me this long to do the unequivocally right thing

leave bad places, it's good

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Samuel L. Hacksaw posted:

I shot a spaceship the other day.

Uhhh, this thread is not for talking about actually playing eve.

Also, per previous posts I have it on good authority that your killmail must be at least 100 billion isk in order to feel good about it.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Good Dumplings posted:

especially love it when their response to unbanning whistleblowers is effectively "please file a ticket and we will get back to you as soon as necessary"

sorry u don't wanna save urselves, the door is open stop cryin' lmao

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

did you ban Alex yet

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Ice Fist posted:

Uhhh, this thread is not for talking about actually playing eve.

Also, per previous posts I have it on good authority that your killmail must be at least 100 billion isk in order to feel good about it.

querns was deadass right about people just having fun in w space playing a video game with people who uh *squints* have a record of going to the mat for any of their friends who get hurt by someone else.

Like, the last time Deltas threw down for one of their own, they Attacked and Dethroned the closest thing to God this dumb game has seen so far, so I retract my opinion about posting killmails itt. Keep em coming :honked:

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

andromache posted:

I think what ran off a lot of people was the rising volume of lovely behavior in goonswarm coupled with a total disinterest in accountability from the highest levels. I haven't been in an imperium fleet for a few years but the reason I finally stopped playing with your organization was because it was always a toss-up between whether the FC or the fleet would go toxic first. You seem happy to be surrounded by racists and bigots while RPing the "I just wanna grill" guy so I wish you luck grilling but it's laughable that you think anyone would want to return to your organization.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Zodium posted:

did you ban Alex yet

I don’t have the ability to do that.

However, if I’m still a full director in Goonwaffe when I do my next quarterly activity purge I’m kicking all his characters.

60 days with no posts, no jabber, no mumble. Them’s the rules. I think we are at 17 days now.

There are only two characters exempt from this rule and their owners are both dead.

TheWeedNumber
Apr 20, 2020

by sebmojo

andromache posted:

You got me. There was a guy who exposed his ejaculated penis on an Internet forum without consent to a bunch of people. Probably should have ran that up through UCMJ as I believe he was still in the Navy at the time.

You are the absolute last person on this earth who can give me a lecture on anything, dickhead, and the fact that you are the Gatekeeper of Gooniness for 2022 SA is the most lol, lmao thing in this thread.

Good Dumplings posted:

love it when an authority figure desperately needs to play the "you can't judge me" card, especially one that's effectively making themselves the PR face of an org

It’s ok atrum. There are plenty of other goons who’ll tell you what the business is. Shame you are incapable of listening. But hey, good job trying to drag me over the rydis thing, just like you did in the other thread with that fake rear end “I’m sorry that happened to you BUT” bullshit. You’re really showing yourself to be nothing but a hypocrite and bitter af. It’s really some pathetic poo poo coming from you, a grown rear end man and a “fellow” veteran. I thought they built you army folk tougher than that! Guess not lol

Also I’m not gatekeeper of a goddamn thing. You wouldn’t be posting ITT if I was. As it stands, why don’t you do everyone else a favor and gently caress off back to groomswarm forums. Go cry about how the woke mob drove you off of SA or whatever bullshit you whine about in private to theadj, xttz, and Asher. Lmfao.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

[lol at the people screaming "please unban all of us" and "none of us wanna come back" at the same time

it's like 30 people, 4 of which actively played eve lmao

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Aug 1, 2022

Good Dumplings
Mar 30, 2011

Excuse my worthless shitposting because all I can ever hope to accomplish in life is to rot away the braincells of strangers on the internet with my irredeemable brainworms.

andromache posted:

I can't ban the guy that covered for an actual pedophile and directly caused a giant loss of personnel in our organization because Tradition Says So

:honk:

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
atrum i still like you idc but you do realize you're carrying water for this poo poo right? step out and read like a someone not a director

also you and dozer are both dumb as hell stop this slapfight and remember the combined service motto: gently caress the af

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

This place is a message… and part of a system of messages… pay attention to it! Sending this message was important to us. We considered ourselves to be a powerful culture.

This place is not a place of honor… no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here… nothing valued is here.

What is here is dangerous and repulsive to us. This message is a warning about danger.

The danger is in a particular location… it increases toward a center… the center of danger is here… of a particular size and shape, and below us.

The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours.

The danger is to the body, and it can kill.

The form of the danger is an emanation of badposting.

The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

andromache posted:

"getting back to playing eve" here being code for "nothing further will be said or done to adress the unmentionable issue"? Banning a bunch of people and then graciously offering them the chance to beg for a chance at re-admittance is the same as declaring "i was glad you were banned, but let's get back to playing eve now". these the actions the leadership is taking, although those outside of your bubble of a command hierarchy might not interpret them the same way you do, which i take to be an "ehhhh...."? i don't remember you ever declaring any emotional response to the revelations that your boss sheltered an actual pedophile, or what you thought ought to be done about the pedo enabler. so i take it that you believe the organization, you be a part of, as more valuable than any moral foibles about brushing aside years of blatant abuse of power and position? the goons must go on after all, and you must believe that you are a member of the goons. you can't be a member of a bunch of nerds who enabled abuse, and did nothing about it when it was brought to light. that simply cannot be, yes?

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

andromache posted:

However, if I’m still a full director in Goonwaffe when I do my next quarterly activity purge I’m kicking all his characters.

60 days with no posts, no jabber, no mumble. Them’s the rules. I think we are at 17 days now.

lol

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Pretty proud of being part of a community that is absolutely positively not having this warmed-over apologism poo poo

We're in the "some people are covering for Lowtax with poisoned ironyposting, others are saying their hands are tied" phase. I'm curious to see if it stagnates here or moves on in a few months.

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Aug 1, 2022

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

andromache posted:

Over the past two weeks I've witnessed Dozer help out newbies (like, actual eve newbies) on several different occasions. He's contributed a lot of organizational knowledge and on one occasion walked a newbie through finding us through two wormholes and (somehow) their Selected Items window getting turned off. You, meanwhile, have posted here about how we need to get over toxic behavior and Get Back To Playing The Game.

So yeah, he can give you a lecture, and you should gently caress off.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

like its not hard to ban people...

it's not hard to post good either but here you are not doing that

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
I will say that while I want Alex banned, one thing I'm not actually worried about is him ninja-ing his way back into alliance leader without a fight from the new directorate. I doubt any membercorp CEOs want him back at this stage. And line member opinion is worth ... what, exactly, ever?

As to a blanket pardon, "not happening" is my understanding, but individuals can request it. But I don't see why you would want unbanned anyhow, posters here seem pretty determined to make a new start?

Who of you would go back anyhow, given the general opinion I see here that the new leaders are idiots and Alex's patsies who are circling the wagons and perpetuating racism, sexism, etc?

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

atrum i still like you idc but you do realize you're carrying water for this poo poo right? step out and read like a someone not a director also you and dozer are both dumb as hell stop this slapfight and remember the combined service motto: gently caress the af

I mostly just want to post on this thread without dozer leaping out of the trunk like That Scene from The Hangover (appropriate on several levels).

I ignored his rear end for two weeks but if he wants to be a bitter ex because someone’s not interested in carrying water for him anymore what am I supposed to do? Hit the report button and whine to Kaysette?

Also we need to find a new terrible game to play together. Life is Feudal was terrible and fun. New World with delta came close but it only took us a month to realize how bad that was.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

andromache posted:

There are only two characters exempt from this rule and their owners are both dead.

are you pushing the people who can ban Alex to do so?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Rust Martialis posted:

I will say that while I want Alex banned, one thing I'm not actually worried about is him ninja-ing his way back into alliance leader without a fight from the new directorate. I doubt any membercorp CEOs want him back at this stage. And line member opinion is worth ... what, exactly, ever?

As to a blanket pardon, "not happening" is my understanding, but individuals can request it. But I don't see why you would want unbanned anyhow, posters here seem pretty determined to make a new start?

Who of you would go back anyhow, given the general opinion I see here that the new leaders are idiots and Alex's patsies who are circling the wagons and perpetuating racism, sexism, etc?

I wouldn't take that bet on the first paragraph, but we'll see. It's more likely he doesn't come back in game anyway but exists in every other service at some point. At least that's my guess.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Zodium posted:

are you pushing the people who can ban Alex to do so?

why do the people who think the directorate is still being run or is friendly to the mittani think that banning him would do anything in the first place?

it's such a weird hill to die on

it's as if being in the in game corporation means anything at all

it's impossible to please these people

1001 Arabian dicks fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Aug 1, 2022

Gwailar
Jun 21, 2021
The moral posturing in this thread is tiresome.
It strikes me as warmed- over religious fundamentalism by a bunch of presumably irreligious folks.

Stop LARPing paladins on an Internet forum.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

andromache posted:

I mostly just want to post on this thread without dozer leaping out of the trunk like That Scene from The Hangover (appropriate on several levels).

I ignored his rear end for two weeks but if he wants to be a bitter ex because someone’s not interested in carrying water for him anymore what am I supposed to do? Hit the report button and whine to Kaysette?

Also we need to find a new terrible game to play together. Life is Feudal was terrible and fun. New World with delta came close but it only took us a month to realize how bad that was.

You know it’s funny because I’ve actually been having some fun playing eve online! The secret I found was to play with a smaller group of nice, welcoming people instead of the toxic mess that is modern-day Goonswarm. Would definitely recommend you try it out :)

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Potato Salad posted:

...they Attacked and Dethroned the closest thing to God this dumb game has seen so far...

wewwwwwww now that's a take

Delta Squad Gorr Squad: SA's Newest Marvel Universe-based Live Action Roleplaying Guild - "we are the GOD butchers!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gwailar posted:

The moral posturing in this thread is tiresome.
It strikes me as warmed- over religious fundamentalism by a bunch of presumably irreligious folks.

Stop LARPing paladins on an Internet forum.

thanks for your opinion, j4g. now gently caress off